PDA

View Full Version : Proud of the BRONCOS

WARHORSE
02-02-2014, 10:54 PM
A loss like this is always hard to take, no way around it.

Imo they were too physical for our receivers initially. Unlike the NFC West which has four very physical defenses, we havent faced a single team like that until today. Our guys can play with Seattle, but they just have to understand that

in this game you gotta kick, bite and scratch for everything you want. You gotta take it. We were too soft early. By the time we adjusted.....too late. Turnovers......uh!

We lost, hats off to the Seahawks on their first Superbowl.

Broncos have to take this into account, and John needs to make some adjustments.

We have lost so many players this year.......Im PROUD of everything we accomplished and hoped for a better outcome. We lost to a very good team.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!

MasterShake
02-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Honestly Seattle impressed the hell out of me today. I had no idea how good and primed their team would be, but it was evident from the get go. I can sleep better knowing that if we had to play this game 3 times, I don't think Denver would win one so its not like one got away like the Baltimore game last year.

I take no solace in losing a Super Bowl, but to be one of 2 teams left standing is something I suppose. To overcome what we did starting with that loss last season in the Divisional round, the off field drama with the front office and Von, and all the injuries led to a very fun season and post season until tonight. There is no moral victory here, but there also is no shame in losing to the Seahawks (though I would have preferred a less lopsided!).

I don't think the team "gave up" tonight, they were simply blindsided and never able to recover. I have a few Seattle fan friends and they have been classy all season and even tonight, choosing instead to revel in their own victory and simply offer me condolences. If there is one thing I can't stand its fans of an opposing team rubbing a loss like this in your face unless you were doing the same up until the game.

So now my Broncos gear for the most part goes into my closet for storage, but as the summer wanes on Broncos t-shirts and hats will find their way back into my daily rotation. Then the next thing I know I am putting my heart and hopes with my team as I pull my Broncos jerseys out as the autumn descends on Denver once again. Tonight we brought a plastic knife to a gun fight and hopefully we learn from it as we rebuild towards the future.

I can't change what happened tonight, I will not apologize for enjoying most of the season, and I will always look forward to next season as a Broncos fan just as I have as long as I can remember.

Shazam!
02-02-2014, 11:14 PM
All we need now is a 128,946 word story from Joel on how wrong you both are and this thread is awesome.

MasterShake
02-02-2014, 11:27 PM
All we need now is a 128,946 word story from Joel on how wrong you both are and this thread is awesome.

Eh, everyone is going to feel differently about this team after tonight. My point is that no matter what my dumbass will be here with all you dumbasses next year doing the same dumbass things all over again because of a shared love of this dumbass team.

I love you dumbasses!

NightTerror218
02-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Glad for the year we had. Proud to have made it to the big game. Time to look to the future and figure out how to improve defense and keep a good offense.

NightTrainLayne
02-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Just remember War... Sneakers starts the freaking Gameday threads!

Tned
02-02-2014, 11:35 PM
Just remember War... Sneakers starts the freaking Gameday threads!

I blame him.

chazoe60
02-02-2014, 11:38 PM
I'm not proud of them, they played like shit. I'm proud of us for sticking by them after they've secured themselves as the biggest SB losers of all time.

I'm diehard bitch, diehard.

Runamok
02-02-2014, 11:46 PM
I'm not proud of them, they played like shit. I'm proud of us for sticking by them after they've secured themselves as the biggest SB losers of all time.

I'm diehard bitch, diehard.

They are not the biggest super bowl losers of all time. At least not this year's team.

That distinction belongs to the 1989 Broncos who lost Super bowl XXIV to the 49ers 55-10.

Now, doesn't that make you feel better?

chazoe60
02-02-2014, 11:49 PM
They are not the biggest super bowl losers of all time. At least not this year's team.

That distinction belongs to the 1989 Broncos who lost Super bowl XXIV to the 49ers 55-10.

Now, doesn't that make you feel better?

No but you're just a troll and you're doing nothing but make me feel better so you're losing.

CrazyHorse
02-03-2014, 01:45 AM
Even making the Super Bowl considering the number of key injuries was an accomplishment in itself. We'll still be a contender next year. We play the entire NFC West so we'll be battle tested too. The offense might take a step back with the loss of a couple free agents but I expect the defense to be much better.

wayninja
02-03-2014, 01:52 AM
I'm proud of the Broncos for their season. But I'm embarrassed for this game. It was ******* awful.

There's no sugar coating it.

Dzone
02-03-2014, 01:59 AM
Eh, everyone is going to feel differently about this team after tonight. My point is that no matter what my dumbass will be here with all you dumbasses next year doing the same dumbass things all over again because of a shared love of this dumbass team.

I love you dumbasses!
bump

Dzone
02-03-2014, 02:00 AM
I'm proud of the Broncos for their season. But I'm embarrassed for this game. It was ******* awful.

You can say that again.

OrangeFanatic
02-03-2014, 02:10 AM

That seems like a common theme with Peyton. Can't wait to re-live it next year and possibly the year after that!

wayninja
02-03-2014, 02:18 AM
That seems like a common theme with Peyton. Can't wait to re-live it next year and possibly the year after that!

Look on the bright side. Osweiler is surely the next Kaepernick, right?

701Bronco
02-03-2014, 04:17 AM
Garbage. ******* inexcusable garbage. **** Peyton, **** john fox, **** our defense, **** Eric decker, **** Brandon Spano, and **** this season. I want Plummer back in

Simple Jaded
02-03-2014, 04:57 AM

Perhaps you'd prefer to go back to the 8-8's we had to re-live year after year? Careful what you wish for.

zbeg
02-03-2014, 04:57 AM

Because Osweiler would have done so much better with guys in his face all game and receivers who couldn't get open.

Hint: the reason why Denver's offense did poorly wasn't because of bad quarterback play.

blamkin86
02-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Hint: the reason why Denver's offense did poorly wasn't because of bad quarterback play.

I get that receivers couldn't get open, and that (especially) the right side of the O Line looked terrible - but that wasn't manning's best effort either, sorry.

pnbronco
02-03-2014, 11:39 AM
It was a tough night, no way around that. I was hoping for a much closer game but it is it is.

I'm proud they got there. The lesson last year was don't look to the next game when you have one in front of you. This year, yeah they were kids and with no experience but the Hawks D showed up in a big way like they needed them to. Back to the drawing board for adjustments to make out D stronger and competitive. Scheffler kept saying that no AFC team could compete with with the NFC D this time. Guess he was right, not the score right but right, but right. Shake I'm with you, given what I saw we need a few more pieces of the puzzle to win it all, but I have faith that Elway is working on the that today.

So I have my AFC Champ hat and love it. Think I'll skip the Super Bowl jersey's this time. Come spring I'll be searching for any news on the draft, who's coming back and counting the days till camp starts again. I love this team and nothing that happened last night will change that.

I'll be working in WA in 4 weeks, thank goodness it's not next week.....would just be too soon. Hopefully USA can do something in hockey so I don't have to look at all the Canadians champ clothes too!

MasterShake
02-03-2014, 12:20 PM
It was a tough night, no way around that. I was hoping for a much closer game but it is it is.

I'm proud they got there. The lesson last year was don't look to the next game when you have one in front of you. This year, yeah they were kids and with no experience but the Hawks D showed up in a big way like they needed them to. Back to the drawing board for adjustments to make out D stronger and competitive. Scheffler kept saying that no AFC team could compete with with the NFC D this time. Guess he was right, not the score right but right, but right. Shake I'm with you, given what I saw we need a few more pieces of the puzzle to win it all, but I have faith that Elway is working on the that today.

So I have my AFC Champ hat and love it. Think I'll skip the Super Bowl jersey's this time. Come spring I'll be searching for any news on the draft, who's coming back and counting the days till camp starts again. I love this team and nothing that happened last night will change that.

I'll be working in WA in 4 weeks, thank goodness it's not next week.....would just be too soon. Hopefully USA can do something in hockey so I don't have to look at all the Canadians champ clothes too!

I know 30 other teams that would love to have the season we did.

Still when the schedule comes out I hope the Broncos circle the @ Seattle game and use that as a catalyst towards another Super Bowl run. That will be a great test in the season. I'm really looking forward to another beautiful Colorado summer of camping, parks, hiking, etc. and when training camp comes around I will feel refreshed as a fan again. To be honest I'm looking forward to this offseason after this emotional rollercoaster. The Broncos know what they need to do.

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 12:50 PM
I didn't see any adjustments, but I wasn't really watching anymore after the td return opening the 2nd half. we just got beat physically, mentally, and sexually

slim
02-03-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm not sure about all this proud business. I'm just glad I'm not a Chief fan.

GEM
02-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Garbage. ******* inexcusable garbage. **** Peyton, **** john fox, **** our defense, **** Eric decker, **** Brandon Spano, and **** this season. I want Plummer back in

Bahahahahaha...Plummer, I love the dude, but he wouldn't have done shit yesterday either.

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 12:59 PM
if I'm going to be a loser I want to be a superbowl loser

NightTerror218
02-03-2014, 01:01 PM

I hope the next Rodgers.

slim
02-03-2014, 01:02 PM
if I'm going to be a loser I want to be a superbowl loser

Did you play in the game? I don't think I saw you out there, buddy.

Lancane
02-03-2014, 01:06 PM
First off all, the Broncos defense for having only a handful of it's original starters held Seattle to 13 points in the first half, as I said in another thread - had that been against any other team we would have been in the game. It's rare for a defense to be that good (with a little help from the referees) where they dictate a game so completely. The piss poor refereeing didn't help any either, and this loss didn't belong to one side of the ball or the other but to the whole organization and team, but should fall on the coaching staff's shoulders in the end because the Broncos' we saw last night were not prepared mentally or physically, they lacked the heart and desire to take it, the hunger was not their, Manning was not like Elway at the same age who took the ball in hand and did a helicopter spin to win a title, the safeties were not like Atwater who didn't care for his own safety but wanted to knock someone stupid...they look defeated early and what little passion they had died in the second half.

I'm proud of the Broncos, I bleed Orange and Blue, but I have a bad taste in my mouth, not from Elway or the players but from Fox and the coaching staff, all of them give Gase who pretty much was the most influential in getting us to the big game. I wouldn't want to be John Elway right now, he has some tough decisions to make and fast, they have to get back in the saddle and prepare for next season and in the same sense improve the team, in a conference that is getting tougher by the season.

slim
02-03-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm proud of the Broncos, I bleed Orange and Blue, but I have a bad taste in my mouth, not from Elway or the players but from Fox and the coaching staff, all of them give Gase who pretty much was the most influential in getting us to the big game. I wouldn't want to be John Elway right now, he has some tough decisions to make and fast, they have to get back in the saddle and prepare for next season and in the same sense improve the team, in a conference that is getting tougher by the season.

I agree. The coaching staff had 2 weeks to get the team ready to play and they clearly failed to do so. I like Fox quite a bit, but it wouldn't surprise me to see #7 make a change.

CoachChaz
02-03-2014, 01:12 PM
I agree. The coaching staff had 2 weeks to get the team ready to play and they clearly failed to do so. I like Fox quite a bit, but it wouldn't surprise me to see #7 make a change.

I wouldnt mind seeing the change at DC as well. Jim Tomsula all day

MOtorboat
02-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Still better than 30 other teams.

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Did you play in the game? I don't think I saw you out there, buddy.

I didn't say either that

1. I did play in the game
2. that I was a superbowl loser

in other words...... What?

Lancane
02-03-2014, 01:24 PM

I was talking to a couple people after the game and we all thought pretty much the same thing Slim, it would be rather easy for John Fox to walk away either by his own choice or through an agreement with Elway and Bowlen where it looked like it was his decision due to health concerns, etc. In the interview he did with his wife for the Super Bowl, he was rather lax, it was an honor for him to be in the Super Bowl where on the other side Carroll was hungry to prove himself and is more like Harbaugh who the entire fan base, or almost entire, wanted as the next head coach in Denver before he chose San Francisco. They want to win, they're hungry to win, what I saw from Fox was a man who was simply thankful to coach and play in the game which resonates with the players.

slim
02-03-2014, 01:25 PM
I didn't say either that

1. I did play in the game
2. that I was a superbowl loser

in other words...... What?

IDK, man. I'm all torn up right now.

GEM
02-03-2014, 01:25 PM

That's like the little ribbon on field day. Great participation.

Lancane
02-03-2014, 01:26 PM

No one is saying they were not, I've credited them for a lot this season but they fell short and the blame lies elsewhere other then Manning and the players.

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 01:27 PM
IDK, man. I'm all torn up right now.

still? I'm over it I think. but it may resurface. I think what I am most disappointed/pissed about is that my BIL called this before the NFC championship game was over. He laughed at our chances of beating either Seattle or San Fran. Laughed dude. LAUGHED

slim
02-03-2014, 01:28 PM
I was talking to a couple people after the game and we all thought pretty much the same thing Slim, it would be rather easy for John Fox to walk away either by his own choice or through an agreement with Elway and Bowlen where it looked like it was his decision due to health concerns, etc. In the interview he did with his wife for the Super Bowl, he was rather lax, it was an honor for him to be in the Super Bowl where on the other side Carroll was hungry to prove himself and is more like Harbaugh who the entire fan base, or almost entire, wanted as the next head coach in Denver before he chose San Francisco. They want to win, they're hungry to win, what I saw from Fox was a man who was simply thankful to coach and play in the game which resonates with the players.

I had the exact same conversation with one of my buddies this morning. I hadn't even really thought about it until he brought it up (he is a Det fan, BTW), but the first thing he said to me this morning was "how long until Fox is gone"....and we concluded that if it happens, it will be portrayed as Fox's decision (due to health, etc).

It will be interesting to see what Elway does here.

slim
02-03-2014, 01:32 PM
still? I'm over it I think. but it may resurface. I think what I am most disappointed/pissed about is that my BIL called this before the NFC championship game was over. He laughed at our chances of beating either Seattle or San Fran. Laughed dude. LAUGHED

Your BIL sounds like a real dick.

GEM
02-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Hey nut...tell your BIL to go EAD.

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Your BIL sounds like a real dick.

he is. he's gets real competitive and jealous. never happy for anyone. He's a huge dik, really is. He's been conditioning my nephew (his son) who was texting trash to me during the game. afterwards my nephew was calling and I wouldn't pick up (3x). I dont' think I can face or talk to either one of them for awhile. still licking my wounds in that regard

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Hey nut...tell your BIL to go EAD.

thanks for the support. I will

MOtorboat
02-03-2014, 01:38 PM
No one is saying they were not, I've credited them for a lot this season but they fell short and the blame lies elsewhere other then Manning and the players.

I didn't say you weren't either. The thread is about being proud of the Broncos.

I'm proud god dammit and **** everyone for trying to bring this thread down.

:2thumbs:

slim
02-03-2014, 01:38 PM
he is. he's gets real competitive and jealous. never happy for anyone. He's a huge dik, really is. He's been conditioning my nephew (his son) who was texting trash to me during the game. afterwards my nephew was calling and I wouldn't pick up (3x). I dont' think I can face or talk to either one of them for awhile. still licking my wounds in that regard

I feel ya. I have had 12 separate converstations about the game since I got to the office today. I have no idea why people think I'm interested in discussing it.

GEM
02-03-2014, 01:39 PM
I didn't say you weren't either. The thread is about being proud of the Broncos.

Kumbaya my Lord....Kumbaya!! :fireroasting:

Northman
02-03-2014, 01:40 PM

There is no way possible anyone can bring this thread down, your just too small.

slim
02-03-2014, 01:41 PM

It was a fun season, Mo. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

MOtorboat
02-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Kumbaya my Lord....Kumbaya!! :fireroasting:

You don't have enough threads to impart your misery on?

MOtorboat
02-03-2014, 01:45 PM
I feel ya. I have had 12 separate converstations about the game since I got to the office today. I have no idea why people think I'm interested in discussing it.

Yup.

slim
02-03-2014, 01:46 PM
I was proud of the way the defense fought down the stretch and in the playoffs. 5 starters on IR and they just kept getting better.

BigDaddyBronco
02-03-2014, 01:48 PM

Why would a Bears fan be up in your ass when another team beats the Broncos. Sounds like he has it in for you Nut. Just tell him that the Bears can pick up the Broncos offcast sloppy-seconds free agents and still not make the playoffs.

BigDaddyBronco
02-03-2014, 01:49 PM
I was proud of the way the defense fought down the stretch and in the playoffs. 5 starters on IR and they just kept getting better.

They really did and the kept the game close in the 1st half yesterday if the offense could have done anything.

Lancane
02-03-2014, 01:50 PM

:lol:

Get heated there Mo, let us know how you really feel and don't hold back!!! :D

My point is that I believe we all know, with a little more reserve then we would have had last night had this come up, that we all concur that we were or are better and where other teams would love to be come the end of the season win, lose or draw. But that despite the pride the blame has to settle correctly, Manning shouldered the blame which isn't right and doesn't sit well with me when I see it as piss poor coaching. That may be the biggest insult to the loss, that as of yet, Manning is shouldering this loss and that makes it worse.

tomjonesrocks
02-03-2014, 02:10 PM
I don't understand the "proud" shit. From what I saw I saw a total lack of effort out there. A team that came out flat and couldn't find a way to get up for the game. They didn't show up.

Sorry Peyton, "embarrassing" IS the right word. DT had it right.

Any kind of hard fought game and I could understand the "proud" sentiment. That will stand as one of the most gutless, pathetic SB performances of all time.

pnbronco
02-03-2014, 02:17 PM
It was a fun season, Mo. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Me too Slim.....I just can't judge this whole season on last nights game. This isn't the only game they played all year. The game against NE was so amazing, even though I only got to listen to it. They did the best of the best that game. The D came so far from where they were in the middle at week 8. Last night was a bad night for the team, but those men are still the men I cared about on Saturday.

They played 18 games that counted before last night. Not all pretty but this season gave me a lot of joy. I am proud of them and have no remorse for feeling that way.

GEM
02-03-2014, 02:27 PM
You don't have enough threads to impart your misery on?

No. Who is miserable? I surely am not. I'm sad at the wasted opportunity, but not even close to miserable. Miserable is being a drug addict, miserable is having no friends, there's no misery in football. ;)

Lancane
02-03-2014, 02:31 PM
I don't understand the "proud" shit. From what I saw I saw a total lack of effort out there. A team that came out flat and couldn't find a way to get up for the game. They didn't show up.

Sorry Peyton, "embarrassing" IS the right word. DT had it right.

Any kind of hard fought game and I could understand the "proud" sentiment. That will stand as one of the most gutless, pathetic SB performances of all time.

You resonate the will of your coaches, if your coaches are lax and ill prepared then so will you be. A tough as nails coach, hungry coach or enthusiastic coach will turn a team into a part of his persona and so forth. There was no passion, they were happy to be in the Super Bowl but lacked the fight needed to take it. Manning carried this team for most of the year TJ, blaming Manning or the players, especially when our beat up defense held them to 13 points is uncharacteristically small of you. Watch Manning on the sideline looking in the playbook for anything to work and doing so frantically as the Seahawks continued to poor it on.

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 04:06 PM
Why would a Bears fan be up in your ass when another team beats the Broncos. Sounds like he has it in for you Nut. Just tell him that the Bears can pick up the Broncos offcast sloppy-seconds free agents and still not make the playoffs.

he's my BIL and is extremely alpha male type. you met him I think. it's pretty tempered now, but he's always had it in for me, or at times has. I've known him since I was 20. He never really respected me or some shit, heck I dont' know. I would have rooted for the Bears if they were in it, for my nephew, but he'll be a full blown Chicago dick in about 5 years (coaching from dad), so I certainly will not be rooting for Chicago teams from here on out.

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 04:07 PM
No. Who is miserable? I surely am not. I'm sad at the wasted opportunity, but not even close to miserable. Miserable is being a drug addict, miserable is having no friends, there's no misery in football. ;)

good point. Mo is miserable because he is just an insecure selfish jealous condescending fukface

chazoe60
02-03-2014, 04:09 PM
good point. Mo is miserable because he is just an insecure selfish jealous condescending fukface
He's all those things, and so much more.

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 04:11 PM
He's all those things, and so much more.

exactly, noticed we weren't in the lounge while posting

slim
02-03-2014, 04:12 PM
He thinks he is sophisticated now because he drinks wine.

Hey MO, your shit still stinks little buddy.

MOtorboat
02-03-2014, 04:17 PM
He thinks he is sophisticated now because he drinks wine.

Hey MO, your shit still stinks little buddy.

Oh, boy, does it ever?

MOtorboat
02-03-2014, 04:18 PM
And. Nut.

Blow me dog banger.

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 04:20 PM
And. Nut.

Blow me dog banger.

sorry, but I don't really have the time to look for the proverbial needle in the haystack

MOtorboat
02-03-2014, 04:22 PM
sorry, but I don't really have the time to look for the proverbial needle in the haystack

Why don't you go blow your dog then and quit wasting my time.

chazoe60
02-03-2014, 04:22 PM

Wicked small penis burn.

MOtorboat
02-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Wicked small penis burn.

Aren't you in ******* Disney World?

tomjonesrocks
02-03-2014, 04:29 PM
You resonate the will of your coaches, if your coaches are lax and ill prepared then so will you be. A tough as nails coach, hungry coach or enthusiastic coach will turn a team into a part of his persona and so forth. There was no passion, they were happy to be in the Super Bowl but lacked the fight needed to take it. Manning carried this team for most of the year TJ, blaming Manning or the players, especially when our beat up defense held them to 13 points is uncharacteristically small of you. Watch Manning on the sideline looking in the playbook for anything to work and doing so frantically as the Seahawks continued to poor it on.

I think there has to be a lot of truth in this. A lot of the narrative today is that what we saw last night simply didn't make sense -- Denver was flat out not ready to play.

As ridiculous as it seems for a coach that has basically taken the team farther every year--last night was such a historically dismal SB performance I don't see how you can't at least evaluate what your options are to replace Fox (Elway could be doing just that). Fox has clearly hit his ceiling.

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Why don't you go blow your dog then and quit wasting my time.

why is it you want my lips wrapped around dik? what is your issue???

chazoe60
02-03-2014, 04:32 PM

We're resting up at the hotel for our next trip to the park this evening.

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 04:34 PM
We're resting up at the hotel for our next trip to the park this evening.

awesome. that sounds so fun.

Joel
02-03-2014, 06:29 PM
I know 30 other teams that would love to have the season we did.
No team in the NFL envied us last night; I bet even most of the Pats, Chiefs, Chargers and Raiders PITIED us. The only players envying anyone last night were the '9ers thinking, That could be US thrashing Denver right now; so close.... We humiliated ourselves in front of literally the entire world; at least the divisional game vs. Baltimore wasn't broadcast live in Botswana.

Still when the schedule comes out I hope the Broncos circle the @ Seattle game and use that as a catalyst towards another Super Bowl run. That will be a great test in the season. I'm really looking forward to another beautiful Colorado summer of camping, parks, hiking, etc. and when training camp comes around I will feel refreshed as a fan again. To be honest I'm looking forward to this offseason after this emotional rollercoaster. The Broncos know what they need to do.
I will be SO freakin' glad when we stop acting like a regular season win over the team that ended our previous season en route to THEIR SB win makes it even. Yes, we humiliated the Ravens Opening Day: Every mothers son of them still got to keep his Ring, and Manning was still the only guy on our roster with one of his own. IF we beat Seattle next year, all that will remain true.

They really did and the kept the game close in the 1st half yesterday if the offense could have done anything.
That really is true. Our record-setting offenses first three possessions consisted of:

1) First down safety
2) Three-and-out
3) Three-and-intercepted

Somehow, after all that, our patchwork D managed to keep them out of our endzone twice and keep it within one score until that Int sent them right back out there to our 37; they just didn't have a third straight stop left in them at that point. Even then, it was still a TWO score game when we got our first first down halfway through the second quarter—then a pick-six made it 22-0 at the half, and when Seattle ran the second half kick back for a TD it was pretty much hopeless. I have no idea why so many people are bashing our D for that; they did THEIR job.

The scariest thing about that: Our anemic self-destructing offense wasn't the group missing 5 starters; they had everyone but Clady. Seattle blew UP our line; it's hard to believe their secondary was that good and Manning and our WRs that bad when DT set a SB receptions record. The NFLs best offensive line wasn't Sunday; it wasn't even average.

I'm proud of our D; I don't know how they even SURVIVED that game, let alone played so much of it so well. Yeah, Harvin burned us on a couple end arounds, but that's more about the guys on the sideline than on the field, IMHO; his 45 yds on just 2 carries still made him the Super Bowls leading rusher. That tells us two things:

1) Our D contained Seattles power running from start to finish and 2) our offensive lines run blocking was as bad as their pass blocking, which was awful.

The center sending the opening snap over the QBs head for a safety was SB XLVIIIs signature moment. We need Clady back healthy, but still need more than him and one good FA guard.

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 06:56 PM

you guys should meet up, .... or are you on tour with Barnum and Baileys this season?

wayninja
02-03-2014, 06:58 PM

So, Richard Sherman is miserable. Got it.

pnbronco
02-03-2014, 07:05 PM
There are a few people that last night makes me really sad. The first is Mr. Bowlen....he opened his wallet to try to bring another Championship to Denver. I've heard somewhere that he just loves picking out the rings and all the festivities that go with a win. He looks more and more frail to me every time I see him, so I was really hoping he could enjoy and win and all that goes with it.

Champ, Woody and Mike Adams. I'm not sure if they will get another chance at a ring. Since non of us know what their future holds and if Champ will restructure last night could have been their last chance. They are all great men and I was so hoping for their sake they could get that ring.

I consider myself a pretty darn good fan. Have followed them for years....I still get hugs from many of the guys from the last Super Bowl team. Even with all that I don't get a ring, I can just buy a t-shirt, jacket, hat, jersey and whatever else they put out there. So for me being a fan is a choice. I am proud of this season and all the hours I got to cheer and high five those around me. I'm sad for my players, I'm sure no one feels worse today than they do....you could see the O line and just the shock in their eyes. They know opportunities like this are far a few between and last night could of been it....it's just the way things are. My son posted on FB that win or loose he still bleeds blue and orange and where do you think he got that from.....I raised a good son...:D

Tned
02-03-2014, 07:23 PM
There are a few people that last night makes me really sad. The first is Mr. Bowlen....he opened his wallet to try to bring another Championship to Denver. I've heard somewhere that he just loves picking out the rings and all the festivities that go with a win. He looks more and more frail to me every time I see him, so I was really hoping he could enjoy and win and all that goes with it.

Champ, Woody and Mike Adams. I'm not sure if they will get another chance at a ring. Since non of us know what their future holds and if Champ will restructure last night could have been their last chance. They are all great men and I was so hoping for their sake they could get that ring.

I consider myself a pretty darn good fan. Have followed them for years....I still get hugs from many of the guys from the last Super Bowl team. Even with all that I don't get a ring, I can just buy a t-shirt, jacket, hat, jersey and whatever else they put out there. So for me being a fan is a choice. I am proud of this season and all the hours I got to cheer and high five those around me. I'm sad for my players, I'm sure no one feels worse today than they do....you could see the O line and just the shock in their eyes. They know opportunities like this are far a few between and last night could of been it....it's just the way things are. My son posted on FB that win or loose he still bleeds blue and orange and where do you think he got that from.....I raised a good son...:D

Bowlen has been a great owner and I really wanted/want him to get another Lombardi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Hawgdriver
02-03-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm damned proud of the Broncos but not that performance. The Broncos are a class act and a hard-working winning organization. You quit your fanhood now and you have no spine. It's hard when a team sucks that hard in the crucible but you gotta buck up.

Maybe if they can get Von to get his act together and solidify the defense. I don't understand why the Broncos don't have a more physical secondary. These days you need to be ultra physical. I guess they dropped the ball, the personnel and coaches.

I hope this doesn't sit well with Von. All of a sudden I'm pissed at Von, Matt Russell, and all the other jackasses who were too selfish to help the team win a championship.

Anyway, I love this team. That disaster of execution doesn't sit well, but that was a hell of a journey and fight up til the end. Next year.

atwater27
02-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Totally proud of the Broncos. They got beat by an epic defense in the 19th game of the season. 15 and 4 with the injuries they had? Color me impressed. Peyton is ******* awesome and I am so glad he is a bronco. I hate to see him lose like that. But I give complete and utter credit to the Seahawks. They are special.

BroncoNut
02-03-2014, 07:32 PM
pretty classy Atwater, but....... still a big disappointment for me.

tomjonesrocks
02-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Did anyone say they were giving up their fandom?

I think people are just saying they took no pride in that total no-show last night.

slim
02-03-2014, 07:51 PM
I am proud to be an American.

U.S.A!

U.S.A.!

U.S.A.!

pnbronco
02-03-2014, 08:27 PM
I am proud to be an American.

U.S.A!

U.S.A.!

U.S.A.!

Save that for Hockey....it's brutal to be by the Canadian border during the Olympics....lol

pnbronco
02-03-2014, 08:29 PM
pretty classy Atwater, but....... still a big disappointment for me.

Agap we are all disappointed. Our team did not play well last night at all. I can be bummed about several games this season but still be proud of the team overall as are most of us.

Tned
02-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Did anyone say they were giving up their fandom?

I think people are just saying they took no pride in that total no-show last night.

Only one that I saw, but I think he calmed down today and came to his senses (or sobered up).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

zbeg
02-03-2014, 09:02 PM
All I know is that I'm going go be rocking the Broncos shirt, Broncos hoodie, Broncos underwear, wallet, toothbrush, etc. like I do all year.

Oh, and I live in Seattle. Bring it, Seahawks fans. I'm not ashamed of anything.

EastCoastBronco
02-03-2014, 09:17 PM
To paraphrase a certain Mr. Marcellus Wallace...

I'm pretty ***** far from proud.

BroncoNut
02-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Agap we are all disappointed. Our team did not play well last night at all. I can be bummed about several games this season but still be proud of the team overall as are most of us.

I'm not bummed about several games this season, quite the opposite. I'm certainly not embarrassed to be a bronco fan at all. I still have to face some ridicule from those that hate me and that I've been avoiding and probably will for a few more days, but by no means not not proud of the team

pnbronco
02-04-2014, 06:50 PM
It's been less than 2 days and I already miss them. It's going to be a long off season.

Carol thank goodness you will keep us posted on any changes and the draft....thank you for keeping us up to date....:grouphug: