PDA

View Full Version : Where do we go from here?

CrazyHorse
02-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Well...

chazoe60
02-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Hopefully to the bottom where we can start to build a real Winner.

MOtorboat
02-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Come back next year and play football.

This is the type of question Houston asks.

silkamilkamonico
02-02-2014, 09:58 PM
AFC as a whole needs to get better. Period.

Tned
02-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Hopefully to the bottom where we can start to build a real Winner.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

G_Money
02-02-2014, 10:00 PM
There's not a team in the AFC better than us. Just need to match the toughness of the NFC. Better hire somebody off the SF or Seattle defensive staffs to help us figure out how to do that.

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
02-02-2014, 10:01 PM
No need to overreact and make moves just for the sake of making moves.

It was a perfect storm tonight. We got beat by a better team playing our guys at their worst possible moment.

Excuse me while I go hurl what little left remains in my stomach.

chazoe60
02-02-2014, 10:03 PM
You're embarrassing yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Sorry tned I'm just crushed. I want nothing more than to celebrate a SB champ with my son.

My mom died the year we won the SB. I let this shit get to me too much.

This loss hurts.

Shazam!
After such a crushing defeat, it's too soon to figger out where to go.

They looked and played like they didn't belong on the same field with Seattle.

I kind of lean to blaming Fox for not having them ready.

After the best offensive year ever, to lay down like that?? This isn't on Peyton. This is on the BRONCOS.

John Elway has a lot to figure out after this mess. This team is too soft.

Krugan
We get back some of the hurt players, you know vic,miller,moore,harris,clady....

Please dear god, give us a truly nasty Mlb, and some angry.

I know its not popular, but keeping as much of this offense in town is a must, this year or for the long run.

I cant help but think had we come into this game fully healthy on D, they may very well have at least kept it closer.

Sadly that wasnt the case and this is the product we got.

A loss that is going to sting for a long long time.

silkamilkamonico
02-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Sorry tned I'm just crushed. I want nothing more than to celebrate a SB champ with my son.

This loss hurts.

It sucks but keep life in perspective.

You have 0 control over the outcome of the Broncos. And I also think the sun will still come up tomorrow.

sneakers
02-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Try again next year?

sneakers
02-02-2014, 10:07 PM
We get back some of the hurt players, you know vic,miller,moore,harris,clady....

Please dear god, give us a truly nasty Mlb, and some angry.

I know its not popular, but keeping as much of this offense in town is a must, this year or for the long run.

I cant help but think had we come into this game fully healthy on D, they may very well have at least kept it closer.

Sadly that wasnt the case and this is the product we got.

A loss that is going to sting for a long long time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3053151047/734db80497fe3586bcb24d10aee274fe.jpeg

chazoe60
02-02-2014, 10:08 PM
It sucks but keep life in perspective.

You have 0 control over the outcome of the Broncos. And I also think the sun will still come up tomorrow.

It will and I'll be at Animal Kingdom on vacation with the 3 greatest people the world has ever seen but for tonight, this 5 hours of sadness, I will vent and sulk. We had one game to win and we played like a giant steaming pile of a shit.

silkamilkamonico
02-02-2014, 10:15 PM
It will and I'll be at Animal Kingdom on vacation with the 3 greatest people the world has ever seen but for tonight, this 5 hours of sadness, I will vent and sulk. We had one game to win and we played like a giant steaming pile of a shit.

I'm not too mad. More disgusted at the players. For me, heartbreak is laying it all on the line and coming up short. When the team doesn't even bother to show up, it's hard for me to get too upset. You weren't prepared, got your ass kicked, and deserved it. I'm going on vacation tomorrow either way.

KIRKZOMBIE
02-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Be back next year

Tned
02-02-2014, 10:17 PM

This loss hurts.

So am I. I take this shit WAY to seriously, and live and die a bit with every win or loss, so playoff and worse SB losses are crushing. This is right up there, maybe worse, than the WAS and SF losses.

That said, while we are all frustrated, we have to maintain a little perspective and dignity. Shit, I've got people slamming me on Twitter for your tirade at Manning. So, I'm getting shit from Twitter followers, an emo in the lounge, and all I want to do is cry in my beer over an embarrassing Broncos loss.

Anyway, I get the frustration, but sometimes you need to pull back and lick your wounds before declaring your not a fan of the team anymore.

Tned
02-02-2014, 10:21 PM
I'm not too mad. More disgusted at the players. For me, heartbreak is laying it all on the line and coming up short. When the team doesn't even bother to show up, it's hard for me to get too upset. You weren't prepared, got your ass kicked, and deserved it. I'm going on vacation tomorrow either way.

A little simplistic view. Before addressing that, maybe you can give Chaz some advice on the futility of declaring one to no longer be a fan when times are dark and you are frustrated as a fan.

Anyway, to say the guys didn't show up is silly. Clearly the team was playing as good as they could, but were overmatched in every phase by Seattle. Take the Holliday punt return that he fielded only about a yard in the endzone, and he was still met at the 15 yard line. This defense and special teams unit is FAST and play about as sound as you can.

Our defense on the other hand is decimated by injuries and it's amazing they played as good as they did down the stretch being dealt one major injury after the other.

dogfish
02-02-2014, 10:21 PM

This loss hurts.

nut up, bucko-- life ain't all swimmin' with the dolphins. . . remember, little junior learns from how you take a loss, too. . .

as for the OP, we stay the course as much as the salary cap allows. . . play out the string with manning as long as he wants to, continue to build the defense, and hope our depth doesn't get so badly ravished by injuries next year. . .

Simple Jaded
02-02-2014, 10:23 PM

This loss hurts.

All people deal with this shit differently and for this very reason, everybody has a different story to tell. You owe us nothing.

silkamilkamonico
02-02-2014, 10:28 PM
A little simplistic view. Before addressing that, maybe you can give Chaz some advice on the futility of declaring one to no longer be a fan when times are dark and you are frustrated as a fan.

Anyway, to say the guys didn't show up is silly. Clearly the team was playing as good as they could, but were overmatched in every phase by Seattle. Take the Holliday punt return that he fielded only about a yard in the endzone, and he was still met at the 15 yard line. This defense and special teams unit is FAST and play about as sound as you can.

Our defense on the other hand is decimated by injuries and it's amazing they played as good as they did down the stretch being dealt one major injury after the other.

The advice I would give a fan like that is to enjoy your life and the things you can control, and stop wrapping your world and emotions into something you have 0 control over.

Skacorica
02-02-2014, 10:34 PM
Whatever, it means something to be a strong fan. My son just cried and that's fine, hes competitive and loves his sports teams. I told him go take it out on his next football game on Thursday.

Tned
02-02-2014, 10:34 PM
The advice I would give a fan like that is to enjoy your life and the things you can control, and stop wrapping your world and emotions into something you have 0 control over.

And, I'm sure you would add if you hadn't just watched the crushing defeat, don't stay stupid, ass, crap about turning in your fan card, because if you don't actually do it, then it's just pretty friggin embarrassing.

Besides the part you left off, you are dead on correct. That's all any of us can do, take the heart loss, but realize that it's out of our control, so don't get too down about it.

chazoe60
02-02-2014, 10:35 PM
nut up, bucko-- life ain't all swimmin' with the dolphins. . . remember, little junior learns from how you take a loss, too. . .

as for the OP, we stay the course as much as the salary cap allows. . . play out the string with manning as long as he wants to, continue to build the defense, and hope our depth doesn't get so badly ravished by injuries next year. . .
I know brother. Trust me, right now n I'm telling my boy all about how you m I St endure pain before you celebrate greatness.

All people deal with this shit differently and for this very reason, everybody has a different story to tell. You owe us nothing.

I've gotta keep my son from becoming me.

wayninja
02-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Considering the Broncos record in the big game, I've learned to detach myself emotionally in these moments. So, where do we go from here?

Work tomorrow, apparently.

Simple Jaded
02-02-2014, 10:42 PM
I know brother. Trust me, right now n I'm telling my boy all about how you m I St endure pain before you celebrate greatness.

I've gotta keep my son from becoming me.

Hehe. Good luck with that, you dream of your kids being the best of you and the best of your wife all rolled into one but then the credits roll and you realize that life isn't a Disney movie.

Broncolingus
02-02-2014, 11:27 PM
More physical (and mean) in the trenches...that's all.

Certainly easier said than done, but that's what'll need to happen to hoist that Lombardi again...

OrangeHoof
02-03-2014, 07:33 AM
In a practical sense, here's where we go from here:

1) Retirements. Anyone bowing out with this as their final game? Champ? Peyton? DRC?
2) Getting under the next salary cap deadline. Anyone get franchised? DRC? Decker? Who gets released? Who leaves in free agency?
3) Free agent signings. Where can we upgrade or fill holes caused by free agency? Any trades?
4) The draft. We'll be 31st but good organizations find good players even drafting that low.
5) Getting injured guys ready for training camp.
6) Starting a new season where we are going to get the NFC West as part of our schedule so a revenge match against the Seahawks will likely come early, just as it did with the Ravens last year.

These are all decisions for the front office to make. Making it to the Super Bowl has probably allowed us to keep our coaching staff largely intact because other teams grew impatient waiting for Gase and Del Rio to become available. That continuity should be a plus.

As long as we hitch our wagon to Manning, we will be in "win now" mode. There will be no such thing as a rebuilding year until he retires. We're still AFC Champs and, given the setbacks we had to overcome, that's a heck of an accomplishment. We might have overachieved this year but this offseason is a chance to get even better in 2014.

OrangeFanatic
02-03-2014, 10:13 AM
People saying they are turning in their fan cards don't really mean it. They are just caught up in the emotion.

This wasn't just a loss, it was an embarrassment. The team didn't even show up to play. The #1 offensive in history only scores 8 points in the biggest game of their lives? What a joke. From the coaches to the players, a total freaking joke. I could have taken a loss in a close game, hell we could have lost by two or more touchdowns if it felt like the players were actually trying and not scared to death.

This is two years in a row that we have not only lost, but that they were two terribly embarrassing losses. Ones a fluke, two is starting a trend. People who are NOT raging pissed at this organization right now should have their heads checked.

Nomad
02-03-2014, 10:32 AM

I agree, it's just a game and they'll get paid and go on vacation. Just as my wife and I get ready for her 6 month deployment, we get frustrated and know they ain't shit we can do, but chin up and prepare. Though she retires when she gets back....we control that:nod:

I will say that let the folks vent and say things, it's not hurting anything. It's not like they can make changes to the team.:lol:

Nomad
02-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Considering the Broncos record in the big game, I've learned to detach myself emotionally in these moments. So, where do we go from here?

Work tomorrow, apparently.

Working Tues-Fri on a 4 10 schedule is great.:D I would say the sun has risen, but it's Alaska in the winter and only 0630:lol:

MOtorboat
02-03-2014, 10:51 AM
I went to work this morning.

OrangeHoof
02-03-2014, 11:01 AM
This is two years in a row that we have not only lost, but that they were two terribly embarrassing losses. Ones a fluke, two is starting a trend. People who are NOT raging pissed at this organization right now should have their heads checked.

Last year's loss was worse. This year, we won the AFC Championship but then had our hat handed to us by a team with much better team speed. If we looked old and slow that's because, in many areas we were. That's what happens when you sign other team's veterans to quickly rebuild. They have the savvy to win games but they can be physically overmatched like Champ Bailey was.

Northman
02-03-2014, 11:05 AM
I took today off win or lose. Thank god as i know tomorrow i will be getting ribbed for this loss.

Nomad
02-03-2014, 11:08 AM
I took today off win or lose. Thank god as i know tomorrow i will be getting ribbed for this loss.

At least you don't have to wear Seahawks gear because of a lost bet with the in-laws:lol:

Lancane
02-03-2014, 11:13 AM
That really depends on the decisions that are made over the course of the next couple weeks. Denver can still be punished by the league for the number of infractions that happened at the start of the season, that could come into play in what direction they'll go as well. Will John Fox return? Considering his health, the devastation of such a loss and that the team seemed outclassed and ill prepared, he could decide to walk away and no one would be real surprised. Does Del Rio still have a job? Despite the Broncos' defensive surge in the playoffs, the Broncos' defense for most of the season was mediocre. Not to mention that John Elway is faced with what could be considered a harsh off-season due to the number of starters slated to be free agents and the monetary price tag they'll have to retain them while dishing out an asinine sum for Peyton Manning.

Right now might be too early to really say what is next, but I can say that other then John Elway that few have job security in this organization.

pnbronco
02-03-2014, 11:53 AM

This loss hurts.

Chazo I understand. My mom died in April after we had just won the last Super Bowl. We knew she was going fast so there was no joy in that win for me. I couldn't get into any of the festivities because real life was just too painful at that time in my life. A couple of the players knew what I was going through at the time and were really kind to me. So it helped but everything really just sucked back then.

I can understand you wanting to celebrate this joy with your son. When you have gone through that much pain you want a happy memory to replace it.

I had to go through serious grief counseling because I lost my ability to function. I guess it worked because this loss didn't knock me back down like it really could of. Also I have been blessed enough to live in Denver and go to camp and joke with several of the players so I have many happy memories associated with this team. Plus I get hugs....that it help to be a older female...lol

I know this really hurts and will for awhile. You will get through it because that's just who you are. Take care of yourself....p

VonDoom
02-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Last year's loss was worse. This year, we won the AFC Championship but then had our hat handed to us by a team with much better team speed. If we looked old and slow that's because, in many areas we were. That's what happens when you sign other team's veterans to quickly rebuild. They have the savvy to win games but they can be physically overmatched like Champ Bailey was.

This is my thinking too. The Ravens loss was physically painful for me and I had a hard time sleeping for a while after that. This game ... yes, it was awful, but I still think this team had a great season and it's a terrible shame that they couldn't finish (or even show up). Props to Seattle for doing what they do.

I felt a lot of pressure this year, like every game had huge meaning and we HAD to get to this Super Bowl. I think I'll take a deep breath and relax a bit next year. With the schedule being as hard as it is, Manning a year older, lots of free agents, etc, I don't see this team winning more than 10 games next year and not doing much in the playoffs in any case. So without pressure, maybe I'll actually be able to enjoy a worse regular season more than this one? Who knows?

I do know that I signed up for this site after the Ravens loss last year, and it's been a great journey to follow this team with you guys. Knowing that everyone else was suffering with me last night actually helped my pain a bit. Misery loves company, etc.

AngMunoz1987
02-03-2014, 01:05 PM
We totally got out played in every aspect of the game last night. The worst part was how horrific the O line played. Next yr we'll be battle tested playing some good defensive teams in the NFC WEST & CAN as well as facing old nemesis in NE & Indy . My prediction is 11-5. Not as good on offense but a much better all around football team.
How do we fix it...
- Free up cap space. Bye Champ it's been a pleasure . See how much Manning wants to win n ask to lower his cap # to around 14 mil
- Move Franklin to LG n Clark to RT. let beadles go
- Resign Decker n DRC. Moreno if it's cheap
- Find a MLB and Some a Play making Safety. J Byrd or TJ Ward. Malcolm Jenkins from NO.
- Get tougher and find a fiery Leader.
- Most of all stay Healthy. I expect Von n C. harris to be limited all season I'd put them both on pup list to start the season.
This is easier said than done but we still the best QB in the league & AFC is weak. We have enough to get back to Super Bowl but to Win it weed need lots of help.

CoachChaz
02-03-2014, 01:09 PM
At least you don't have to wear Seahawks gear because of a lost bet with the in-laws:lol:

40% of my client base is in OR and WA. I dread speaking with them this week.