PDA

View Full Version : Week 13 Upsets and Flamable Thread. (go against it and you will win :D)

Medford Bronco
11-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Here is this weeks Flamable thread :flame::target:

Now pick against Med and you will win :)

Just Kidding, I hope its diffrent the week as I am choking big time in the last few weeks.

Favorite Line Underdog Not Used
Dallas (10-1-0) 6.5 Green Bay (10-1-0) None
St.Louis (2-9-0) 4.5 Atlanta (3-8-0) None
Washington (5-6-0) 5.5 Buffalo (5-6-0) None
Minnesota (5-6-0) 3.5 Detroit (6-5-0) None
Tennessee (6-5-0) 3.5 Houston (5-6-0) None
Indianapolis (9-2-0) 6.5 Jacksonville (8-3-0) None
Miami (0-11-0) 0.5 NY Jets (2-9-0) None
San Diego (6-5-0) 4.5 Kansas City (4-7-0) None
Philadelphia (5-6-0) 2.5 Seattle (7-4-0) None
Carolina (4-7-0) 2.5 San Francisco (3-8-0) None
New Orleans (5-6-0) 2.5 Tampa Bay (7-4-0) None
Arizona (5-6-0) 1.5 Cleveland (7-4-0) None
Denver (5-6-0) 3.5 Oakland (3-8-0) None
NY Giants (7-4-0) 2.5 Chicago (5-6-0) None
Pittsburgh (8-3-0) 6.5 Cincinnati (4-7-0) None
New England (11-0-0) 20.5 Baltimore (4-7-0) None

The first upset I like this week is Seattle plus 3.5 at Philly

I think Philly will be emotionally spent after last week almost
winning in Foxboro. The Hawks are a good team. Seahawks 27 Philly 21

Now the bounceback game for the NYG
the Bears cant always depend on Devin Hester can they?
Also do not think Grossman can have another good game
Giants minus 2.5 win 27-23 over Da Bears

Now it will be Bengals1216321 and Kings favorite pick

I like Cincy plus 7.5 at Pitt vs their Rival. It might be too
little too late but I feel Cincy will take this to the wire
and hang in there Pitt 24 Cincy 20

In the most emotional game of the season. I really
think Wash will come out ready for their fallen teamate
I will lay the 5.5 and take Wash to beat Buffalo
and rookie Edwards 20 to 13.

now lets get the bows and arrows :bolt:
Med is ready

Cleveland Rocks
11-28-2007, 09:09 PM
LOL, Arizona is favored by two points and lost to San Francisco.

These "odds" sure do not make much sense.

Browns are going to win by more than 7 points.

Medford Bronco
11-29-2007, 01:22 AM

Charlie you are biased, this is a correct spread

you do not base a line on one game. Also they are 4-2 at home and beat Pitt and Seattle there and this game is in Arizona.

if the game were in Cleveland they would be about a 4 to 5 pt favorite.
and its 1.5 not 2. that is huge in betting against the line.

Cleveland Rocks
11-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Charlie you are biased, this is a correct spread

you do not base a line on one game. Also they are 4-2 at home and beat Pitt and Seattle there and this game is in Arizona.

if the game were in Cleveland they would be about a 4 to 5 pt favorite.
and its 1.5 not 2. that is huge in betting against the line.

Ok, 1.5

But let me know when a team scores 1.5 points, alright.

Because there is no way for a team to score half a point.

So, what do you do in that case? Mind explaining, personally I round. Everything at .5 or above is rounded up. Everything at .4 and below is rounded down.

As I was saying, San Francisco is one of the worst teams in the NFL and the Cardinals were so good that they went to overtime with that team and LOST. That sure is one talented team there - :laugh:

People have been praising the Cardinals for well, nothing, for the past 2-3 years. I don't think that magically overnight they are going to turn into an amazing football team.

WTE
11-29-2007, 09:36 AM
I think they'll be several upsets this week Med.....

I'll take Houston +3.5 over Tennessee. The Titans are pathetic. They're downward spiral will continue this weekend.

I also like TB +2.5 over NO. I think TB has only allowed something like 8 passing TD's all year. They're defense will shut down the Saints.

I like Cleveland over Arizona. This might be a close game until the 4th but the Browns have too many offensive weapons for the Cardinals to contain.

I like Oakland +3.5 over Denver. I'm looking for Justin Fargas to run over the Broncos D. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets close to 180 on the ground.

Finally, I like NE beating Baltimore 44-10.

Medford Bronco
11-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Ok, 1.5

But let me know when a team scores 1.5 points, alright.

Because there is no way for a team to score half a point.

So, what do you do in that case? Mind explaining, personally I round. Everything at .5 or above is rounded up. Everything at .4 and below is rounded down.

As I was saying, San Francisco is one of the worst teams in the NFL and the Cardinals were so good that they went to overtime with that team and LOST. That sure is one talented team there - :laugh:

People have been praising the Cardinals for well, nothing, for the past 2-3 years. I don't think that magically overnight they are going to turn into an amazing football team.

Charlie being biased is not a bad thing. You love the Browns and I respect that

1.5 means 1.5 If the Cards win by 2 say 22-20 they cover. if you round up to to 2 and they win 22-20 then its a push and you do not win your bet.

Remember Charlie I am one of the people here who like you and your opinons. :salute:

I just gave you mine and its differnent and that is okay. Its human nature, we cant always agree, if we did life you be boring

I think King was joking on Modell as well IMO
I am biased towards Denver as well, so its no biggie.

Medford Bronco
11-29-2007, 10:22 AM
I think they'll be several upsets this week Med.....

I'll take Houston +3.5 over Tennessee. The Titans are pathetic. They're downward spiral will continue this weekend.

I also like TB +2.5 over NO. I think TB has only allowed something like 8 passing TD's all year. They're defense will shut down the Saints.

I like Cleveland over Arizona. This might be a close game until the 4th but the Browns have too many offensive weapons for the Cardinals to contain.

I like Oakland +3.5 over Denver. I'm looking for Justin Fargas to run over the Broncos D. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets close to 180 on the ground.

Finally, I like NE beating Baltimore 44-10.

Wow we disagree on all the picks,, awesome :laugh: So you really are following the thread title :laugh:
remember all in fun, right Charlie. I respect you and WTE very much so.
I suck picking anyways so you will most likely win. As long as you lose
the Denver game I am happy :D

My counters are Tenn 24-17 to bounce back against a bad Hou defense
I like NO at home to come within one game of TB possibly without Jeff Garcia.
27-20

I like Arizona to win at home as they seem to win these kind of games, like vs Seattle, Pitt and Det earlier this year at home.. Zona 27 Clev 24

I like Den to beat an inconsistent Oak team 27-20. Season will be on the line and Denvers offense is looking better latley

and I like Balt plus 20.5 a ridiculously overblown spread, it should be 17 at the most vs the Pats as they will be fired up and the loss of Colvin is not going to help.. Pats 31 Ravens 14.

So one of us is going to have a bad week and one a good week or most likely we split down the middle.

Poet
11-29-2007, 07:25 PM
I am talking smack about what you guys say about football.

Cleveland Rocks
11-29-2007, 07:27 PM
I am talking smack about what you guys say about football.

Oh, is that so?

That the smack forum is fine for that.

Then mind explaining this?

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=52332&postcount=10

hmmm?

Poet
11-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Oh, is that so?

hmmm?

I think you two are just made because I happen to be right.

Heres to the people who caught the Cheatriots and and Art Modell.:shots::cheers:

Cleveland Rocks
11-29-2007, 07:34 PM
I think you two are just made because I happen to be right.

See? Yet again.

That you are right that, oh what was it you said?

Oh yea, I remember.

That, in so many words:

That you idolize Art Modell and that Art Modell is your personal hero because Browns fans are fat slobs who do not deserve a team and the Browns fans who are not fat slobs are too stupid to know any better.

and that all Patriot fans are,

Complete Morons.

Poet
11-29-2007, 07:37 PM
See? Yet again.

That you are right that, oh what was it you said?

Oh yea, I remember.

That, in so many words:

That you idolize Art Modell and that Art Modell is your personal hero because Browns fans are fat slobs who do not deserve a team and the Browns fans who are not fat slobs are too stupid to know any better.

and that all Patriot fans are,

Complete Morons.

For the most part that describes the Browns fans. Cry more?

The thread was talking about the worst fans.

Medford Bronco
11-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Hey what happened to my thread :laugh:

JK I know there were some things that went on that I am not gonna touch

:bolt::flybye:

topscribe
11-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Oh, is that so?

hmmm?

CR, go back to that thread and review it. (I have moved it to this forum.) If
you read more carefully, you will see that more than your team and fans took
their lumps in it, including the Broncos. You need to develop a thicker skin
when it comes to your team. Period.

-----

topscribe
11-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Cleveland Rocks, King87, and WTE:

Are you getting tired of this message board? I ask this because the conduct
of each of you is leading toward this board's first banning. I had to delete and
edit a bunch of posts, which took a lot of my time, not to mention made me
miss a program in which I was intensely interested. I do not expect any of
you to make me do that again.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

-----

BroncoBJ
11-29-2007, 11:48 PM
I think the Cards will win by more then 2 Touchdowns.

41-24 Cards. :elefant:

And its pretty obvious there cant be 1/2 point in football Charlie.
I'm in a football pool in my hometown and sometimes for the MNF score I will put 46 1/2 or something like that. So if its 46 I can win maybe and even 47. Its a sneaky way of doing things.

WTE
11-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Cleveland Rocks, King87, and WTE:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Sorry about that Tops.

Perhaps I need a Custom User Title that will guide me towards righteousness.

How about….

The CoC is my Bible®

:elefant:

BroncoBJ
11-30-2007, 08:54 PM
:lol: @ that's right, Jay, and I had to edit this, too. most of your post was off-topic.

This is the smack section. Theres no such thing as getting off topic in smack. Wow that is too damn funny

Medford Bronco
12-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Sorry about that Tops.

Perhaps I need a Custom User Title that will guide me towards righteousness.

How about….

The CoC is my Bible®

:elefant:

:laugh: oh the memories of Christmases gone past by :laugh:

all we need is PatsR to post in this thread as well with Gyro (alwilson91)

the fun times I miss.

BroncoBJ
12-02-2007, 07:29 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great prediction Charlieboy.

The Cards covered the 1.5. :elefant:

Cleveland Rocks
12-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Because Anderson sucks and has no business on the field of play.

Anderson threw 2 interceptions and fumbled once.

In the first quarter he threw 1 touchdown that was returned for a touchdown. Then, he fumbled the snap and that led to a touchdown.

Anderson continually throws into double and tripple coverage. Derek Anderson, a player who Kyle Boller beat out in Baltimore is the reason the Browns lost this game.

It is on no other player but Derek Anderson. Derek Anderson has no business playing nor starting in the NFL. He is practice squad material at best and if it wasn't for the Browns tall, talented recievers he would not have these touchdowns.

Braylon Edwards is going up and grabbing uncatchable balls thrown into double and tripple coverage and making plays to save Anderson's butt. So is Winslow and Jurevicius. If it wasn't for them and their stellar play in padding Anderson's stats - Anderson would be were he belongs - on the bench.

Poet
12-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Because Anderson sucks and has no business on the field of play.

Anderson threw 2 interceptions and fumbled once.

In the first quarter he threw 1 touchdown that was returned for a touchdown. Then, he fumbled the snap and that led to a touchdown.

Anderson continually throws into double and tripple coverage. Derek Anderson, a player who Kyle Boller beat out in Baltimore is the reason the Browns lost this game.

It is on no other player but Derek Anderson. Derek Anderson has no business playing nor starting in the NFL. He is practice squad material at best and if it wasn't for the Browns tall, talented recievers he would not have these touchdowns.

Braylon Edwards is going up and grabbing uncatchable balls thrown into double and tripple coverage and making plays to save Anderson's butt. So is Winslow and Jurevicius. If it wasn't for them and their stellar play in padding Anderson's stats - Anderson would be were he belongs - on the bench.
THAT IS A STATEMENT, NOT PROOF. JUST SAYING WHAT YOU SAID BEFORE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING. MY GOD, THIS IS NOT HARD AT ALL!!!!!!!

If the ball is uncatchable then he couldn't have caught it. Anderson isnt padding his stats, he is trying to win. You are using the term padding his stats incorrectly. Padding your stats is when you are up or down big with no hope of changing either outcome and throwing the ball. When Brady is throwing the ball for TDs up by 35 points that is padding his stats.

Cleveland Rocks
12-02-2007, 07:44 PM
I am saying they are padding his stats and making him look better than he is.

Gino Torretta ring a bell?

Derek Anderson = Another Gino Torretta

But instead of being at the college level, it is at the NFL level.

Anderson's stats are being elevated due to the talent around him. Not because of his "talent" - which is nil.

Poet
12-02-2007, 07:46 PM
I am saying they are padding his stats and making him look better than he is.

Gino Torretta ring a bell?

Derek Anderson = Another Gino Torretta

But instead of being at the college level, it is at the NFL level.

Anderson's stats are being elevated due to the talent around him. Not because of his "talent" - which is nil.

He is placing the ball well for them, he is making tough throws when you guys need him to. He had a bad game, so now he is trash. I guess Manning, Palmer, Brady, Romo, Favre, and Bulger better all get cut now.

BroncoBJ
12-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Heres to another thread being locked. :salute:

Why did you have confidence in such a horrible/pathetic/waste of the universe QB in the first place Charlie? What made you think he would actually beat the Cards?

Too funny young one. :lol:

Cleveland Rocks
12-02-2007, 07:53 PM
He is placing the ball well for them, he is making tough throws when you guys need him to. He had a bad game, so now he is trash. I guess Manning, Palmer, Brady, Romo, Favre, and Bulger better all get cut now.

Those players still make plays without their star players.

Favre has gone through how many talented recievers? Antonio Freeman, Sterling Sharpe, Robert Ferguson, Javon Walker ... yet through all of them he still plays at a high level.

Favre is a good QB.

Manning loses his players. Harrison gets injured. He goes through several playmaking TE. Yet he still plays at a high level.

Mannign is a good QB.

Anderson - even with the talented players in he makes boneheaded play after boneheaded play. Throwing into double and tripple coverage. Fumbling the snap. Taking huge sacks when nobody is open.

Favre, Romo, Manning - nobody is open. They get out of the pocket and throw the ball away.

Anderson? He takes the sack. Anderson fumbles, bumbles, and tosses interceptions. Anderson is a Gino Torretta. His stats are being amplified due to the play of Edwards, Winslow, and Jurevicius. He is not a talented Quarterback. You all do not see it now because ESPN and the National Media are praising him as "another Tom Brady". Take Anderson away from Edwards, Winslow, Jurevicius. You'll see him for what he really is. I watch the Browns and I can see with my eyes how he plays. You all watch your own teams. I watch the Browns and I see him for what he truly is.

Cleveland Rocks
12-02-2007, 07:55 PM

Why did you have confidence in such a horrible/pathetic/waste of the universe QB in the first place Charlie? What made you think he would actually beat the Cards?

The last thread was locked due to "namecalling".

I am not namecalling in this thread. So, this thread should not be locked. I am on topic and talking about a Week 13 game - Browns @ Cards.

topscribe
12-02-2007, 08:00 PM

THAT'S DAMNED ENOUGH! :mad:

CHILL with ALL the personal stuff!

EVERYBODY!!

-----

BroncoBJ
12-02-2007, 08:01 PM
The last thread was locked due to "namecalling".

I am not namecalling in this thread. So, this thread should not be locked. I am on topic and talking about a Week 13 game - Browns @ Cards.

It dont matter if you were namecalling or not.
The Mods love to use thier power on this forum so chances are it will get locked.

Thats my upset of the week :salute:

BroncoBJ
12-02-2007, 08:01 PM
THAT'S DAMNED ENOUGH! :mad:

CHILL with ALL the personal stuff!

EVERYBODY!!

-----

That post is personal how? :coffee:

Cleveland Rocks
12-02-2007, 08:09 PM
If the Browns make the playoffs it is not because of Derek Anderson.

It is because of the rest of the team - them making plays - in spite of Anderson's regular "bone-headed" plays.

This offseason should be extremely busy.

The defensive line, cornerbacks, QB's, linebackers, head coach, and defensive coordinator all need an overhaul.

BroncoBJ
12-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Its because of Cribbs. :salute:

Cleveland Rocks
12-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Its because of Cribbs. :salute:

He's one that's done extremely well.

Now this offseason the Browns just need to get a new QB, new defensive linemen, new cornerbacks, a new defensive coordinator, and a new head coach.

Then the Browns will finally play well. Then this whole thing of scoring 55 and allowing 48 will end. Then the Browns hopefully won't have to score more than 30 to win a game.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2007, 08:31 PM
It dont matter if you were namecalling or not.
The Mods love to use thier power on this forum so chances are it will get locked.

Thats my upset of the week :salute:

There are other options available - right now, we prefer to close threads when warranted. In the future, we may chose other options.

BroncoBJ
12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Whatever you do I hope you make the right choice :salute:

Medford Bronco
12-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Here is this weeks Flamable thread :flame::target:

Now pick against Med and you will win :)

Just Kidding, I hope its diffrent the week as I am choking big time in the last few weeks.

The first upset I like this week is Seattle plus 3.5 at Philly

I think Philly will be emotionally spent after last week almost
winning in Foxboro. The Hawks are a good team. Seahawks 27 Philly 21

Now the bounceback game for the NYG
the Bears cant always depend on Devin Hester can they?
Also do not think Grossman can have another good game
Giants minus 2.5 win 27-23 over Da Bears

Now it will be Bengals1216321 and Kings favorite pick

I like Cincy plus 7.5 at Pitt vs their Rival. It might be too
little too late but I feel Cincy will take this to the wire
and hang in there Pitt 24 Cincy 20

In the most emotional game of the season. I really
think Wash will come out ready for their fallen teamate
I will lay the 5.5 and take Wash to beat Buffalo
and rookie Edwards 20 to 13.

now lets get the bows and arrows :bolt:
Med is ready

seattle was good
NYG was good
Cincy looked like crap, boy are they undiciplined and King I
think you are right on Rudi Johnson he looks very slow
Bad pick on the Skins, they gave that game away

2 and 2 on these picks

Also had Zona to win, so 3-2 decent but wanting more

Medford Bronco
12-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Wow we disagree on all the picks,, awesome :laugh: So you really are following the thread title :laugh:
remember all in fun, right Charlie. I respect you and WTE very much so.
I suck picking anyways so you will most likely win. As long as you lose
the Denver game I am happy :D

My counters are Tenn 24-17 to bounce back against a bad Hou defense
I like NO at home to come within one game of TB possibly without Jeff Garcia.
27-20

I like Arizona to win at home as they seem to win these kind of games, like vs Seattle, Pitt and Det earlier this year at home.. Zona 27 Clev 24

I like Den to beat an inconsistent Oak team 27-20. Season will be on the line and Denvers offense is looking better latley

and I like Balt plus 20.5 a ridiculously overblown spread, it should be 17 at the most vs the Pats as they will be fired up and the loss of Colvin is not going to help.. Pats 31 Ravens 14.

So one of us is going to have a bad week and one a good week or most likely we split down the middle.

Not bad on my counters 3-1

the Pats dodged a major bullet etc.

I tried to tell people at work that football is based on emoton and they
said Kyle Boller sucks and the pat win 54-10.. boy were they off.

I never thought Balt would win and they gave it away at the end imo.
The great teams take advantage of that and NE is a great team and to me has only one more big hurdle to a perfect reg season.

Pitt. but NE will be much much better in that game I guarantee it.

Miami and NYJ will get demolished wonder what the numbers will be 25 or 26?

NYG and Eli the turnover machine will not beat NE if they are 15-0

I give Brady full props to get it done when it counted, like #7 used to do. He was clutch plain and simple, props to him

BroncoBJ
12-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Your giving Props to Brady? I take it your a Pats fan? :eek:
I cant even give props to them or I get accused of being a bandwagoner.
Kinda funny.

But I never thought the Ravens could score enough points to win.
I thought they had a chance to maybe hold the pats down.

I didn't see it going down to the wire.

Medford Bronco
12-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Your giving Props to Brady? I take it your a Pats fan? :eek:
I cant even give props to them or I get accused of being a bandwagoner.
Kinda funny.

But I never thought the Ravens could score enough points to win.
I thought they had a chance to maybe hold the pats down.

I didn't see it going down to the wire.

Jay I give props to greatness and like him or not Brady
is one of the best of all time and I will get flamed here but
I am just being honest. I do not hate Brady, just Bellichek
and Harrison that jerk.

I hope Cutler can be 3/4 as good as Brady and we will have
a great QB. Also it would be nice for Cutler to have a day and a half
to throw the ball like brady did on the tD pass to Gaffney

Poet
12-04-2007, 01:00 AM
and Harrison that jerk.

He played like garbage tonight. He got stuffed and got a gift with the Ravens timeout. He completed a pass that was iffy, it was a bad throw. He lucked out that he didn't have a second INT that lost the game. Med, look at teh entire game.

Medford Bronco
12-04-2007, 01:02 AM
He played like garbage tonight. He got stuffed and got a gift with the Ravens timeout. He completed a pass that was iffy, it was a bad throw. He lucked out that he didn't have a second INT that lost the game. Med, look at teh entire game.

He got the job done that is what matters

you can hate him but at least give credit where credit is due.

I hated Joe Montana but acknowlege greatness. etc.

agree to disagree

Poet
12-04-2007, 01:06 AM
He got the job done that is what matters

you can hate him but at least give credit where credit is due.

I hated Joe Montana but acknowlege greatness. etc.

agree to disagree

No, he didn't. He failed several times when it mattered and lucked out. Hey, like several of his Superbowls.

This is the smack forum, we cannot agree to disagree. WE MUST FIGHT!!!!!!!! THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!

BroncoBJ
12-04-2007, 01:10 AM
and Harrison that jerk.

I agree. I give Props to the Pats and Brady and say thier the best team this year and that Brady is the best and I get accused of being a Pats fan.

Too funny.
I love some people on forums. :lol: