PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' last practice before Super Bowl light, fun

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2014, 11:15 PM
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — The Broncos' walkthrough practice Saturday afternoon at MetLife Stadium had a bit of a Senior Day feel to it.

The team practiced in sweats for about 30 minutes, going over a few offensive and defensive sets one last time before Sunday night's Super Bowl XLVIII against the Seattle Seahawks. But really the day was about enjoying the moment one last time and enjoying one of the final moments that this roster will be intact before the offseason hits.

Players trickled out onto the field with cameras and camcorders to capture the atmosphere — guard Louis Vasquez taking a panoramic photo of the stadium, backup offensive tackle Vinston Painter posing for photos and safety Mike Adams recording the scene with a video mounted on his head.

The walkthrough was light and fun, although security workers kept having to shoo away stadium employees trying to catch a glimpse of practice. Coach John Fox didn't keep his team on the field for long. The only player not expected to participate Sunday night is defensive tackle Sione Fua, doubtful with a calf injury.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25042810/broncos-last-practice-before-super-bowl-light-fun

Joel
02-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Still really nervous about Fua. Again, I didn't expect him to be SB MVP, but against that rushing game, so crucial to Seattles game plan, just having another warm body to throw out there occasionally so we aren't LITERALLY rotating 3 DTs through 2 spots would be a big help on those long drives. Throwing Jackson in there is only a marginal help, since he's one of our top two all around DEs, and that will leave THEM in the same 3-guys-for-2-spots situation.

Well. I'm glad our guys had a chance to catch their breath and pause to enjoy and appreciate the moment before the biggest crunch time of the season. Almost there; finish the job, Broncos.

BroncoJoe
02-02-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm honestly flabbergasted at how you can get so upset over a reserve player, and one that wasn't even a Bronco until late November. Just fascinating, Joel.

NightTrainLayne
02-02-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm honestly flabbergasted at how you can get so upset over a reserve player, and one that wasn't even a Bronco until late November. Just fascinating, Joel.

On the plus side, if that's what he's worried about, I guess we're in pretty good shape.

Joel
02-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Because we're playing a SB vs. a ground 'n pound team in the cold, and that scrub midseason rental's our 4th DT. Was our 4th DT; apparently that'll be Jackson now and we just won't have a 4th DE. I still find it hard to believe there wasn't even ONE warm body out there willing to sign a one week contract for $50,000 and a SB Ring.

Well. Hopefully our offense can put up lots of long drives and our D can make quick stops so we don't have to rotate our DTs much. Otherwise, the end of the first quarter will be the last time all game that BOTH DTs on the field will be fresh and ready to butt heads with Lynch for another 3 hours.

Dzone
02-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Good article. Feeling a little more relaxed now. Not much but a little. 3.5 hours to kickoff...OMG!