PDA

View Full Version : Your coach is competent.

Poet
09-13-2009, 04:14 PM
McDaniels knows his football. He caught (and no one else did) that the Broncos were owed 18 seconds because of the challenge on the Caldwell catch at the 1 yard line.

I've seen experienced head coaches with a lot of wins miss bigger plays or rules then that.

Your boys stuck in there and showed a lot of heart. Even Marshall played with some fire.

You guys will be just fine. I hope we play each other again this year. ;)

Slick
09-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Stay classy King.

NameUsedBefore
09-13-2009, 04:19 PM
We will miracle-tank our way to the Superbowl.

Superchop 7
Your spelling isn't.

Poet
Stay classy King.

I'm on a burger high right now.

Watchthemiddle
09-13-2009, 04:21 PM
I think your D looks pretty good.

Poet
09-13-2009, 04:22 PM
I think your D looks pretty good.

We need better DE's and our secondary is inconsistent at times. I love some of our DTs and LBs.

Poet
09-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Your spelling isn't.

Oh give me a break :lol:.

Thank you for your insightful discussion in the thread. Please feel free to comb over all my posts and threads and proof read them.

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 04:28 PM
We need better DE's and our secondary is inconsistent at times. I love some of our DTs and LBs.

Mauauauauaulauuaga is a man.

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Your spelling isn't.

LOL at you spell-checking people...

Nomad
09-13-2009, 04:29 PM

Rey M looks to be the real deal....good job on the draft pick!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Your spelling isn't.

:tsk:

topscribe
09-13-2009, 04:53 PM

As much as I love the Phonz, I still have mixed emotions about Maualuga . . .

-----

gobroncsnv
09-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Well, I liked what I saw from Smith today... Not a position of our biggest need, for sure, but I thought the kid played really well.

And King is right, I was hoping McD was talking to the officials about the time remaining. Clock stops on a TD, and the extra point is supposed to be an un-timed down. It did not escape his notice, and I liked that. Great catch.

Poet
09-13-2009, 04:58 PM
I actually thought you guys were going to take him. I am so glad that you didn't. He was upset that he was a second round pick for one day. He got to Cincinnati and saw that we loved him (and believe me, we do love him). He pulled his hamstring in training camp and that day he was forced by the trainers away from fans that he was signing autographs for.

The guy is classy and can hit. I did see him get knocked on his butt today but some back but it wasn't Hillis. He was out of position and came at the back from a strange angle and got plastered by the RB and another LB.

He's got a long way to go but he has real natural LB instincts. That's something Cincinnati hasn't had since Odell drank away his career.

But, I think I just hijacked my own thread.

The only coaching blunder I saw on McDaniels' part was not blitzing us more on our TD drive.

Tned
09-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Well, I liked what I saw from Smith today... Not a position of our biggest need, for sure, but I thought the kid played really well.

And King is right, I was hoping McD was talking to the officials about the time remaining. Clock stops on a TD, and the extra point is supposed to be an un-timed down. It did not escape his notice, and I liked that. Great catch.

I was going bonkers over the time. It wasn't that it didn't stop on the TD, it did, at least the TV clock. However, what it looked like was while the clock on TV showed 41 seconds at the snap, and clearly stoppped at 38 second, the next time they showed it, it was down to 20, which means they manually restarted it or reset it.

The refs explanation didn't make any sense, becaue inside of two minutes (unless there was a rule change this year), a team cannot challenge, it has to come from the booth, so I don't think what he said about Cincy challenging and being charged a TO was correct. However, I was under the impression that after a review, pay resumed but the clock is not restarted until the snap. While the clock on TV acted this way, the only way it could have gone down to 20 was if they started the clock as soon as the ref blew the whistle, after stating the play on the field would stand -- no TD.

Overtime
09-13-2009, 05:10 PM
McDaniels knows his football. He caught (and no one else did) that the Broncos were owed 18 seconds because of the challenge on the Caldwell catch at the 1 yard line.

I've seen experienced head coaches with a lot of wins miss bigger plays or rules then that.

Your boys stuck in there and showed a lot of heart. Even Marshall played with some fire.

You guys will be just fine. I hope we play each other again this year. ;)

me and the roommate were watching that, and I was like why is there 20 seconds on the clock??? there should be 38. it didn't take 18 seconds to run the ball into the end zone, so why is at 20? and then they finally corrected it.

I kept waiting for McDaniels to say something, cause the dumb announcers couldn't figure out what the discussion between McD and the refs was, but then they changed it to 38 and I was like good man McDaniels...good man.

Our D was pretty dominant most of the game, but I was uber pissed when we gave up that last TD drive. I was like, you guys play good all game long, but only now you're gonna give up the TD with 38 seconds left? :tsk:

Luckily for the D, it Stokley bailing their asses out.

Slick
09-13-2009, 05:15 PM
I was going bonkers over the time. It wasn't that it didn't stop on the TD, it did, at least the TV clock. However, what it looked like was while the clock on TV showed 41 seconds at the snap, and clearly stoppped at 38 second, the next time they showed it, it was down to 20, which means they manually restarted it or reset it.

The refs explanation didn't make any sense, becaue inside of two minutes (unless there was a rule change this year), a team cannot challenge, it has to come from the booth, so I don't think what he said about Cincy challenging and being charged a TO was correct. However, I was under the impression that after a review, pay resumed but the clock is not restarted until the snap. While the clock on TV acted this way, the only way it could have gone down to 20 was if they started the clock as soon as the ref blew the whistle, after stating the play on the field would stand -- no TD.

A lot of us watching online lost our feeds right as they started to review the play. When I finally buffered back in, we were receiving the kickoff with :38 on the clock.

I thought I saw Cincy call a TO after the Caldwell catch before the stream pooped out, but you're right. They couldn't have been charged a TO in that situation unless they took one.

Good job Coach!

SmilinAssasSin27
09-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Luckily for the D CORDINATOR, it Stokley bailing their asses out.

Edited for accuracy.

No way we shoudla been playing zone on that drive.

Ziggy
09-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Even with holding a team to 7 points on the road, the whiners are going to whine, and the trolls are going to growl. In the end, only 1 thing matters. The Broncos are 1-0.

Kaylore
09-13-2009, 05:36 PM

He showed his strengths and weaknesses. Ask him to read coverage or diagnose play action and he is horribly lost. Tell him "go there and hit him" and he does fine.

I maintain he's roughly the equivalent of LaVar Arrington: The body of a god with the mind of a carrot.

Poet
09-13-2009, 06:11 PM
He showed his strengths and weaknesses. Ask him to read coverage or diagnose play action and he is horribly lost. Tell him "go there and hit him" and he does fine.

I maintain he's roughly the equivalent of LaVar Arrington: The body of a god with the mind of a carrot.

Ask him to read coverage and he's lost? He's been around the short passes and his assignments like he's supposed to be. He was the signal caller at USC. I don't really understand at all how you can come to that conclusion.

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Ask him to read coverage and he's lost? He's been around the short passes and his assignments like he's supposed to be. He was the signal caller at USC. I don't really understand at all how you can come to that conclusion.

On the big hit against Marshall, he was way out of position. He sucks in pass coverage. Its just something you'll have to deal with.

Poet
09-13-2009, 06:14 PM
On the big hit against Marshall, he was way out of position. He sucks in pass coverage. Its just something you'll have to deal with.

I don't see how he was out of position at all. Like I'm not trying to be a homer, but he showed us in training camp that he was adequate at pass coverage and I don't see how he was out of position on that play either. I'm willing to be proven wrong and all that, but in what way was he out of position? I'm not saying the guy is a super polished LB machine or anything, but if you're there in time to do your job then you did just that.

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 06:15 PM
I don't see how he was out of position at all. Like I'm not trying to be a homer, but he showed us in training camp that he was adequate at pass coverage and I don't see how he was out of position on that play either. I'm willing to be proven wrong and all that, but in what way was he out of position? I'm not saying the guy is a super polished LB machine or anything, but if you're there in time to do your job then you did just that.

The Broncos wide receiver was coming across the middle with no one in front of him and the middle linebacker was not in position to jar the ball out?

It was a great hit, but it happened, because he was out of position. Not terribly out of position, but out of position. Or the play-calling sucked.

Poet
09-13-2009, 06:17 PM
The Broncos wide receiver was coming across the middle with no one in front of him and the middle linebacker was not in position to jar the ball out?

It was a great hit, but it happened, because he was out of position. Not terribly out of position, but out of position. Or the play-calling sucked.

Rey wasn't the MLB. That's Dhani Jones, MO.

Benetto
09-13-2009, 06:18 PM

I saw Dhani Jones on Man vs Food the other day..Can't believe he's back on the field.

Poet
09-13-2009, 06:20 PM
I saw Dhani Jones on Man vs Food the other day..Can't believe he's back on the field.

He's there to mentor Rey Maualuga. Rey plays at SAM and will be our starting MLB next season. He's a little raw and he does have a lot of learning to do. That being said some people (in general) make it sound like he wakes up in the morning, takes a dump, wipes his arse with a toothbrush and then brushes his teeth with it.

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 06:29 PM

Well, in that case Dhani Jones sucks and Mauluagaaauauagauaga needs to be the MLB.

Poet
09-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Well, in that case Dhani Jones sucks and Mauluagaaauauagauaga needs to be the MLB.

I could agree with that.

gobroncsnv
09-13-2009, 08:48 PM

Now THAT right there is funny, I don't care who you are!!

rcsodak
09-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Oh give me a break :lol:.

Thank you for your insightful discussion in the thread. Please feel free to comb over all my posts and threads and proof read them.

Ummm...you do realize you got his best, right? :coffee:

rcsodak
09-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Edited for accuracy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overtime View Post

Luckily for the D CORDINATOR, it Stokley bailing their asses out.

No way we shoudla been playing zone on that drive.

:tsk:

coOrdinator!!! :lol: