PDA

View Full Version : John Lynch, former Bronco, doesn't make Pro Football Hall of Fame

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2014, 08:09 PM
NEW YORK — The safety who brought thunder to the Rockies will have to wait to gain entrance into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

John Lynch, the hard-hitting safety for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and later the Broncos was not elected Saturday night. Lynch, one of 15 finalists, did not make the cut to the round of 10 players.

The players who make up the class of 2014 are: Seattle Seahawks tackle Walter Jones; Tampa Bay linebacker Derrick Brooks; Buffalo Bills wide receiver Andre Reed; Rams and Cardinals defensive back Aeneas Williams; and Giants defensive end Michael Strahan.

Also making it as a senior candidates were Raiders punter Ray Guy and Claude Humphrey, a defensive end for the Atlanta Falcons and Philadelphia Eagles.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_25043397/john-lynch-former-bronco-doesnt-make-pro-football

BroncoWave
02-01-2014, 08:15 PM
I'm just glad Jerome Bettis didn't make it. That would have been a joke.

ShaneFalco
02-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Aeneas Williams. Awesome. So glad he got in. Sucks for lynch tho, i wanted him to get in this year.

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
02-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Did Warren Sapp spontaneously combust at Strahan's induction?

Bronco4ever
02-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Did Andre Reed play for the Broncos for a season?

MOtorboat
02-01-2014, 08:46 PM

You're thinking of Anthony Miller.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2014, 08:50 PM

He was on the Broncos' roster. This is all that I could find
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1955&dat=20000901&id=hVsxAAAAIBAJ&sjid=8KIFAAAAIBAJ&pg=5830,714326

Bronco4ever
02-01-2014, 08:54 PM
You're thinking of Anthony Miller.

IIRC, we signed Reed and that Brooks guy from the Packers in 2000. They were supposed to be WR3 and WR4 behind Eddie and Rod. Not sure if either of them ever ended up playing in the regular season.

MOtorboat
02-01-2014, 08:58 PM
IIRC, we signed Reed and that Brooks guy from the Packers in 2000. They were supposed to be WR3 and WR4 behind Eddie and Rod. Not sure if either of them ever ended up playing in the regular season.

Wow...I didn't remember that. I remember Rice.

chazoe60
02-01-2014, 10:57 PM
The perfect example of how ****** the HOF is, Andre Reed makes it and Tim Brown doesn't. How is that possible?

Reed was very good but when I think of HOF caliber WRs from my younger days the two names that instantly come to mind are Rice and Brown, not Reed. I just don't get Reed in before Brown. Am I the only one?

BroncoWave
02-01-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm also glad that Ray Guy finally got in. If you are the best player all-time at your position, you should be in the HoF. I don't care what the position. I'm not saying to start letting the best punter of each era in, but at least throw a bone to the greatest of all time.

OrangeHoof
02-01-2014, 10:59 PM
The Pro Football Hall of Fame has pretty much lost me. Just a joke. A better joke than the Baseball Hall Of Fame which has become an absurd parody of itself but still a joke.

7DnBrnc53
02-02-2014, 02:09 AM

Brooks played some with the Broncos, but Andre Reed didn't make it out of camp.

As for Lynch, I am glad that he didn't make it. He only made it further than Atwater because he is on TV more, not because he is a better player.

DenBronx
02-02-2014, 02:46 AM
Atwater, Lynch and especially Terrell Davis all belong in the HOF.

tomjonesrocks
02-02-2014, 05:58 AM
Brooks played some with the Broncos, but Andre Reed didn't make it out of camp. As for Lynch, I am glad that he didn't make it. He only made it further than Atwater because he is on TV more, not because he is a better player.

Lynch was a hell of a player, but Atwater was Lynch before Lynch. I agree it's absurd Lynch went farther in the process.

zbeg
02-02-2014, 07:05 AM
I'm also glad that Ray Guy finally got in. If you are the best player all-time at your position, you should be in the HoF.

I can't wait to induct the best long snapper of all time next year. That'll be great.

Broncolingus
02-02-2014, 03:59 PM
John Lynch, former Bronco, doesn't make Pro Football Hall of Fame

...but Walter Jones does?

...and no Atwater or Davis - or moreover Meck or esp. Gradishar?

I just don't get it :tsk:

The perfect example of how ****** the HOF is, Andre Reed makes it and Tim Brown doesn't. How is that possible?

...agree 100% Chazo...