PDA

View Full Version : In the end its all about winning.

Northman
09-13-2009, 03:43 PM
McDaniels: 1-0

Here's to continuing the winning ways. It was ugly but ill take it. :D

Dirk
09-13-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm with you! I don't care how we got it...the first one I felt was going to be difficult to put in the books anyway...so yeah....1-0!!

Slick
09-13-2009, 03:48 PM

I prefer to look at it as the Denver Broncos are 1-0, but yeah, I'm with you.

Den21vsBal19
09-13-2009, 03:51 PM
As long as we end the game with more points in the for column than the against column, I couldn't give a rat's ass how we get them, or how many of them we got, the incrementation of the W column is all that matters ;)

LRtagger
09-13-2009, 03:53 PM
This does wonders for next week's game also....it's a lot easier to go into next week winning on a last second play than it would have been to lose by 1 with 30 seconds left.

Slick
09-13-2009, 03:54 PM
This does wonders for next week's game also....it's a lot easier to go into next week winning on a last second play than it would have been to lose by 1 with 30 seconds left.

Builds chemistry among the guys too. They'll bond because of this win.

Lonestar
09-13-2009, 04:03 PM
defense played well today from what I got to see and hear.. considering their firepower at first I thought they were going to light up the scoreboard.. and they were pretty good between eh 20's but our guys played well over all..

ST are starting to look special.. lots of starting drives deep in their territory and not many returns for them..

their ST played well also pinning us back inside the 20 4-5 times to start..

looks like our #50 needs to step his game up with the rest of the OLINE perhaps he has lost a step and time to replace him.. to many critical calls on him today..

Eddie made a huge fupaw bringing that Kick off out and then slipping.. could have been really bad if Orton was not so good on that last pass..

wow what timing.. between him and Stokley..:salute:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA about time we got the bounce of the ball..

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Orton 1-0 as a Bronco. 22-12.

Lonestar
09-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Builds chemistry among the guys too. They'll bond because of this win.

I think they all have bonded they played like a TEAM today.. had a few players that could have played better.. way to many dropped passes for our receivers.. Not that the passes were stellar but if they get their hands on it no reason to let it slip..

nbenallo33
09-13-2009, 04:08 PM
"a win is a win it dosnt matter if it's by an inch or a mile"...
vin diesel- fast and furious

Nomad
09-13-2009, 04:12 PM
:beer:to winning our first home game of the season next Sunday!!!!

topscribe
09-13-2009, 04:12 PM

The offense was ugly.

Orton didn't play his best game.

At least 7 dropped passes.

Three sacks.

Three holding penalties.

Terrible rushing stats.

One (1) win.

I'll take it. :beer:

-----

broncofaninfla
09-13-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm glad to get the win but McD almost cost us the game by insisting on trying to pass the pass ball when we in were in range for the game clinching field goal late in the 4th quarter. If we run the ball we not only hold that position but take time off of the clock. Instead the play calling and Orton, well.........being Orton got penalized and sacked out of field goal range and gave the Bengals one last shot and they scored. We got LUCKY. I'll take it, I loved it but we won't win week in and out like this. We need to incorporate the zone blocking scheme back on offense and stick with one back to develop some rhythm. If we can get back with running the ball like we usually do and establish the run and make defenses key in on our run and keep the play that our defense showed today I think we can compete this year despite Orton.

Tned
09-13-2009, 05:04 PM

The D played solid for the most part, and the Broncos got a couple big breaks (botched FG snap and the tip drill).

I would rather win ugly than lose pretty.

Flatinum
09-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Anyone catch Jamie Dukes after the game? The guy just won't let the Cutler thing go. Basically the other 2 guys were giving Denver kudos for the win and he said the win was a fluke and that if Cutler was here he would have put up 24 to 30 points on the Bengals. No props at all for a gutsy win on the road against a team that has lots of firepower. He was freaking out and arguing like a fan and not being bias like an analyst should be. He said there wasn't anything they could take from the win.

What a joke.

Lonestar
09-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Anyone catch Jamie Dukes after the game? The guy just won't let the Cutler thing go. Basically the other 2 guys were giving Denver kudos for the win and he said the win was a fluke and that if Cutler was here he would have put up 24 to 30 points on the Bengals. No props at all for a gutsy win on the road against a team that has lots of firepower. He was freaking out and arguing like a fan and not being bias like an analyst should be. He said there wasn't anything they could take from the win.

What a joke.

dukes has been on jays jock forever..

even before that he was a big mouth ass clown.. a warren sapp wanna be..

not sure why anyone would believe whatever he says..

SmilinAssasSin27
09-13-2009, 05:30 PM
I had flashbacks to '06.

Kaylore
09-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Special teams was good when it needed to be for the most part, but there were still some hiccups. Offense looks rusty but functional against a good defense on the road. Defense obviously gets the game ball. Great work. We'll have more sacks and turnovers in five games than we had all year the rate we're going.

Having a real D coordinator and not some moron with his son in charge can do wonders for your team.

frauschieze
09-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Third heart attack season opening win in a row. I'll take them, but damn. I think this took a few years off my life.

What's funny is that I mentioned this to my friend who I was watching the game with, at 38 seconds left. He said it wasn't giving him a heart attack because he expected us to lose. Period. Two plays later, we were both jumping up and down and screaming like little kids.

Ugly or not, I'll take it. I'm a happy frauline right now.

broncophan
09-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Maybe it is just me.....but it seems like over the past 3 or 4 years....when the broncos win ......they win "ugly" alot of times......it seems like it is never easy......

GO BRONCOS!!

Requiem / The Dagda
09-13-2009, 07:11 PM
How did Scheffler get an interception? Am I reading that wrong on gamecast?

BroncoAV06
09-13-2009, 07:13 PM

Final play off the game they had him playing like 50 yards from the los.

dogfish
09-13-2009, 07:14 PM
I prefer to look at it as the Denver Broncos are 1-0, but yeah, I'm with you.

exactly! wins and losses should be attributed to the quarterback, because he's the only guy that counts. . . .

they had him back playing deep safety against the hail mary on the last play-- because of his size, hands and leaping ability, i would assume. . . .

T.K.O.
09-13-2009, 08:27 PM
WHEW !
so far my season prediction is ..........spot on !:D

honz
09-13-2009, 09:33 PM
When was the last time we won a defensive dogfight under Shanny? Hard to remember. Pittsburgh rode ugly wins all the way to the SB last year. Winning is indeed all that matters. Can't wait to watch the game on the DVR on Tuesday.

broncofaninfla
09-14-2009, 08:30 AM
When was the last time we won a defensive dogfight under Shanny? Hard to remember. Pittsburgh rode ugly wins all the way to the SB last year. Winning is indeed all that matters. Can't wait to watch the game on the DVR on Tuesday.

watch the game then give your honest opinion on the offense.

MasterShake
09-14-2009, 08:35 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Pitt had an "ugly" win thursday night, and no one is calling Rothlesbergeraranager whatever a sucky QB, or a bad team.

When the Broncos do it its lucky, when Pittsburgh does it they are a "gutsy" team with a lot of heart! :lol:

broncofaninfla
09-14-2009, 08:42 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Pitt had an "ugly" win thursday night, and no one is calling Rothlesbergeraranager whatever a sucky QB, or a bad team.

When the Broncos do it its lucky, when Pittsburgh does it they are a "gutsy" team with a lot of heart! :lol:

Luck will only win you so many games. If Orton and the offense don't start playing better soon we are going to be in for a long season.

broncophan
09-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Luck will only win you so many games. If Orton and the offense don't start playing better soon we are going to be in for a long season.

If Orton and the offense can keep turnovers to a minimum.....like they did yesterday.......we are at least going to have a chance to win games as our schedule gets tougher .........as the season goes on...

broncofaninfla
09-14-2009, 09:05 AM
If Orton and the offense can keep turnovers to a minimum.....like they did yesterday.......we are at least going to have a chance to win games as our schedule gets tougher .........as the season goes on...

Not going to happen. Our defense appears to be much improved but I doubt they are good enough to win us games alone. Not turning the ball over simply isn't going to be enough, we nee dthe offense to play better and score some points. We can't rely on luck week in and week out.

Mike
09-14-2009, 09:06 AM

Well to be fair, there is a big difference between Tenn and Cincy.

dogfish
09-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Well to be fair, there is a big difference between Tenn and Cincy.

and, the steelers have kinda won that super bowl thingy twice in the last few years. . . that does tend to earn you a little more respect than being a .500 team. . . .

TXBRONC
09-14-2009, 09:15 AM

Roethlisberger has a second Super Bowl title in four years, which he directed the game winning drive. He has proven defense behind him as well. Also while he did throw two interception, he still threw for well over 300 yard and missed just 10 pass and he did that against a defense comparable to his own.

CrazyHorse
09-14-2009, 09:26 AM

You can't base a Quarterback's performance on Wins.
Stats don't work either as both are a TEAM effort.

In-com-plete
09-14-2009, 09:27 AM
It is about winning.

But why do our "lucky" wins have to come early in the season?

Last season that SD game was week 2. All season long I had to hear about how we "should" have one less win and one more loss.

Now, the entire season, everyone and their brother is gonna talk about how lucky the Broncos are.

I just wish, these type of wins, came in week 16 or 17.

CrazyHorse
09-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Would you rather have
10 close wins and 6 blowout losses
OR
6 close wins and 10 close losses.
If you look at Greenbay last year they went 6-10 but were competitive in almost every game.

TXBRONC
09-14-2009, 09:37 AM
It is about winning.

Last season that SD game was week 2. All season long I had to hear about how we "should" have one less win and one more loss.

Now, the entire season, everyone and their brother is gonna talk about how lucky the Broncos are.

"Lucky" wins can come at anytime in the year.

Mike
09-14-2009, 09:39 AM
It is about winning.

Who cares what other people say?

Enjoy the win, who knows how many more Denver gets this year. ;)

In-com-plete
09-14-2009, 09:45 AM

Just watch the last 5 minutes of the game.

The first 55 is garbage.

MasterShake
09-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Not going to happen. Our defense appears to be much improved but I doubt they are good enough to win us games alone. Not turning the ball over simply isn't going to be enough, we nee dthe offense to play better and score some points. We can't rely on luck week in and week out.

I have to disagree. When Plummer went mistake free and our team produced turnovers on D we went to the AFC Championship game.

I'm not dumb enough to think we can do that this year, but it could be the difference between 4-12 and 8-8. I know the Offense can do better, the good news is I think they can. This is still a brand new system and yesterday was the first game we had all of our starting O on the same field. I'm cautiously optimistic as a Bronco fan, but I have not become a blind homer yet.

As long as we can improve each week and win the close ones, we can be a decent team this year IMO. Plus, I think we were the better team on the field yesterday in at least 2 aspects of the game (Special Teams and Defense). We have too much talent on offense to call it quits this early in the season. We might not gel until the bye week, but I think we will. And by "gel" that may mean averaging 17 points a game but that could be a good start if they keep playing team football.

BigDaddyBronco
09-14-2009, 10:03 AM
I have to disagree. When Plummer went mistake free and our team produced turnovers on D we went to the AFC Championship game.

I'm not dumb enough to think we can do that this year, but it could be the difference between 4-12 and 8-8. I know the Offense can do better, the good news is I think they can. This is still a brand new system and yesterday was the first game we had all of our starting O on the same field. I'm cautiously optimistic as a Bronco fan, but I have not become a blind homer yet.

As long as we can improve each week and win the close ones, we can be a decent team this year IMO. Plus, I think we were the better team on the field yesterday in at least 2 aspects of the game (Special Teams and Defense). We have too much talent on offense to call it quits this early in the season. We might not gel until the bye week, but I think we will. And by "gel" that may mean averaging 17 points a game but that could be a good start if they keep playing team football.
If we run the ball a little more and catch some more passes, our Offense will look pretty decent. Turnovers are the key to being decent.

MasterShake
09-14-2009, 10:06 AM
If we run the ball a little more and catch some more passes, our Offense will look pretty decent. Turnovers are the key to being decent.

I just think about Hillis dropping that easy 3rd down pass and some others we missed. Once we lose the butterflies I think we will be o.k. Not GREAT, but ok. The running game will be a big factor against the elite teams to keep them off the field. I still think we can be a suffocating team.

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 10:14 AM
I just think about Hillis dropping that easy 3rd down pass and some others we missed. Once we lose the butterflies I think we will be o.k. Not GREAT, but ok. The running game will be a big factor against the elite teams to keep them off the field. I still think we can be a suffocating team.

Marshall deep down the middle. :tsk:

Thnikkaman
09-14-2009, 10:52 AM
I can't stop watching it.

sqcdA6EdPLY

Lonestar
09-14-2009, 01:29 PM

Half our our members think that we can win with out a HOF or rocket armed QB.

Well between Jake and now Orton that fallicy has been debunked.

Was the game pretty NOPE. Was it a win YEP.

Once the O has more than 40 snaps together on the field and more than 3 days practicing together. Perhaps we will see improvement.

Jay sucked it up his first year and he was surrounded by a pretty veteran group. And they lost more than they won.

Now those folks are expecting Orton to be at the same level as jay was at the end of last season.

I have been saying all year this is going to be a LONG year and a losing year get used to it now and savor the wins and the overall improvement in the learning curve, week after week.

I doubt we will see any blowouts this year and may sneak a few un expected wins also.

I'll be surprised if we lose any trap games from now on.

I'll be surprised if we get our asses kicked at home any more.

And if we don't then I will be a happy camper. It is baby steps to get back to the Lombardis.

Ravage!!!
09-14-2009, 01:31 PM
So I'm supposed to expect Orton in his 5th season to have the same butterflies and mishaps as Jay did his rookie????? :confused:

There won't be any 'trap games' :lol: we will NOT be favored to win many :lol:

topscribe
09-14-2009, 01:39 PM
So I'm supposed to expect Orton in his 5th season to have the same butterflies and mishaps as Jay did his rookie????? :confused:

There won't be any 'trap games' :lol: we will NOT be favored to win many :lol:

I believe Orton had a lot of butterfiles. And I believe some of the fans did not
help. They were on him from the moment he stepped off the airplane. I'm not
going to compare his situation with Cutler's, but yes, he did have butterflies.
He may have worn a uniform in the NFL for a few years, but he still is human . . .

-----