PDA

View Full Version : Broncos defense content playing 2nd fiddle to Seattle until Super Bowl

Denver Native (Carol)
01-29-2014, 09:43 PM
JERSEY CITY, N.J. — The talk of the Super Bowl, at least from a defensive standpoint, has been the Seahawks, Seahawks and more Seahawks.

Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas, Michael Bennett and, of course, the mouth that roared, Richard Sherman, the stars of the NFL's top-ranked defense have been headline attractions.

All of which is fine with the other guys on the defensive side of the ball in Sunday's Super Bowl. They have a different No. 1 on their radar.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25020020/broncos-defense-content-playing-2nd-fiddle-seattle-until-super-bowl

Denver Native (Carol)
01-29-2014, 09:45 PM
from same article:

"We want to be the best defense on the field Sunday night," Broncos defensive tackle Terrance Knighton said Wednesday. "(The No. 1 defense) is something (Seattle) has earned. We're not going to take that away from them. Statistically they did what they had to do to earn it. It's right for everyone to talk about them. But on any given Sunday anything can happen, and we want to be the better group out there Sunday night."

Broncos defensive end Shaun Phillips, who leads the Broncos in sacks with 10, said the accolades for the Seahawks were deserved, but viewed sharing a spotlight with such a stingy unit as incentive to make life as difficult as possible for the Seattle offense.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25020020/broncos-defense-content-playing-2nd-fiddle-seattle-until-super-bowl

Shazam!
01-29-2014, 09:52 PM
I think they're overrated, but I concede their DBs are exceptional. The strongest offense they've faced was Indy, which dropped 30+ on them. I think they'll have their hands full on Sunday, they haven't seen anything like what Peyton, Gase and co. will throw at them.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-29-2014, 10:58 PM
I think they're overrated, but I concede their DBs are exceptional. The strongest offense they've faced was Indy, which dropped 30+ on them. I think they'll have their hands full on Sunday, they haven't seen anything like what Peyton, Gase and co. will throw at them.

Local channel 9 had a Broncos' Huddle special tonight, and Eddie Mac said that he feels the Broncos' receivers can beat Seattle's DBs. He also said that the Broncos' receivers just need to be as physical as Seattle's DBs.

NightTrainLayne
01-29-2014, 11:04 PM
Local channel 9 had a Broncos' Huddle special tonight, and Eddie Mac said that he feels the Broncos' receivers can beat Seattle's DBs. He also said that the Broncos' receivers just need to be as physical as Seattle's DBs.

BHqie0q7I5Y

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
01-30-2014, 03:38 AM
Seahawks fans are spreading like the plague here in Western Canada... seems everybody and their dog has become one overnight. It's actually cute because a lot of them seem to think that Marskittles is going to run roughshod over the Broncos front 7. Can't wait until after the game; as long as we keep Lynch in check, I'm not concerned at all about that corps or Russell doing much damage to our secondary... he's looked very ordinary during this post-season and I just don't see that changing on the biggest stage of all. Especially if they get behind.

DenBronx
01-30-2014, 07:35 AM
BHqie0q7I5Y

All of these SB clips are great but I want new SB highlights of us now. It's been 15 years and it's long over due for some special moments like this.

DenBronx
01-30-2014, 07:36 AM
Seahawks fans are spreading like the plague here in Western Canada... seems everybody and their dog has become one overnight. It's actually cute because a lot of them seem to think that Marskittles is going to run roughshod over the Broncos front 7. Can't wait until after the game; as long as we keep Lynch in check, I'm not concerned at all about that corps or Russell doing much damage to our secondary... he's looked very ordinary during this post-season and I just don't see that changing on the biggest stage of all. Especially if they get behind.

Just watch them all jump ship once Denver beats the bricks off of them.

Lancane
01-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Some interesting stats and facts: Seattle has the 9th overall defense of the postseason and has faced only one Top Ranked Offense in New Orleans winning by only 8 points, San Francisco had the 8th ranked offense of the postseason and the 3rd overall defense and Seattle barely beat them as well, while Denver has the 2nd rated overall defense of the postseason (better then Seattle and San Francisco) and faced two Top Ranked Offenses in New England and San Diego, literally dominating both teams for the most part and no need to bring up the Broncos' offense, it's the best in NFL history. Also, Denver was a top five rushing defense for most of the regular season and ended up tied 7th with Seattle by the last game of the season, something the analysts seem to be forgetting in their dramatizing hype of Seattle. Oh, another stat of interest, Marshawn Lynch has never had a 100 yard rushing game against the Broncos, the most he's ever attained against the Orange and Blue was 90 yards (his rookie season with the Bills), the other meetings between Lynch and the Broncos saw the 'Beast' net a total of about 34 yards a game.