PDA

View Full Version : Jay Glazer Tried to Fight Peyton Manning in 2007

Buff
01-28-2014, 02:00 PM
At the Pro Bowl in 2007, Glazer got into a shouting match with Peyton Manning after Manning made a lighthearted wisecrack to Glazer about New York Giants legend and ABC-talk-show co-host Michael Strahan's divorce. (Glazer and Strahan are best friends.)

"I took it the wrong way," he tells me now. "So I said, '**** YOU, PEYTON. **** you.' I was just ******* screaming at him, yelling at him: 'I'll beat your ass. Don't ******* treat me like a bitch, don't talk about my friends and their ******* problems. I don't give a shit who you are, okay? We're ******* men. Just because you play football and I don't does not make you any more of a man and does not mean you could beat my ass, because you cannot.' It was pretty surreal. All of a sudden Peyton's like, Aw, what did I get myself into?"

Do you feel like you reacted properly?

"No."

But here's the kicker: According to Glazer, he and Manning are totally cool now. Bros. This happens a lot in Glazer's orbit. Glazer almost always mends his fences—though not without a very real moment of tension first. He is a man who lives for pushing things right to the brink. I ask him if he's gotten better with his temper over the years.

"I never had a temper!"

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/sports/201402/jay-glazer-nfl-fox-sports?currentPage=2

slim
01-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Roids?

Dzone
01-28-2014, 02:38 PM
Glazer thinks he's bad. Glazer only talked like that because it was peyton manning and not someone who could kick his ass...Glazer acted like a bully. Some other announcer needs to challenge Glazer in the octogon and kick his butt.

MOtorboat
01-28-2014, 02:41 PM
Glazer is an interesting dude, to say the least.

Buff
01-28-2014, 03:08 PM
I don't know what to make of Glazer. He is obviously good at getting scoops - and seems pretty likable - but he comes across as a jock-sniffing meathead fan boi more than a journalist.

MOtorboat
01-28-2014, 03:10 PM
I don't know what to make of Glazer. He is obviously good at getting scoops - and seems pretty likable - but he comes across as a jock-sniffing meathead fan boi more than a journalist.

How do you think he gets the scoops?

Buff
01-28-2014, 03:13 PM
How do you think he gets the scoops?

And that's why people rightly question his journalistic integrity.

MOtorboat
01-28-2014, 03:14 PM
And that's why people rightly question his journalistic integrity.

I don't really like him. I prefer Schefter. The thing is, they basically get the same scoops at nearly the exact same time all the time, but Glazer blows his top on twitter if ESPN gives their own guy the credit.

DenBronx
01-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Doesnt Glazer practice MMA?

Still think Manning would of knocked him out.

Dzone
01-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Doesnt Glazer practice MMA?

Yes he does, and he wants to make sure everyone knows that he does

Ravage!!!
01-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Yes he does, and he wants to make sure everyone knows that he does

Short-man syndrom. He has a HUGE chip on his shoulder because of his height, and wants EVERYONE to know that he's not going to take "shit" from anyone. Let he say that shit to someone like Patrick Willis and see if he's all "I'm just as much of a man as you are."

tubby
01-28-2014, 04:04 PM
Funk Jay Glazer

Hawgdriver
01-28-2014, 07:56 PM
What was the "lighthearted" remark? Was it "she took so much Richard Sherman her ovaries abdicated?" See. Makes all the difference. Then Jay needs to go all Jay St. Glazer. I'm lit.

GO BROnCOs!

BroncoJoe
01-28-2014, 08:03 PM
Glazer is a moron.