Denver Native (Carol)
01-28-2014, 11:55 AM
Peyton, #7, Wes

http://www.nfl.com/videos

LawDog
01-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Peyton, #7, Wes

Awesome! Especially love the dig on TD with the Blue Angels pass out, hilarious every time I see it...

CoachChaz
01-28-2014, 01:39 PM
Listening to the interviews on NFL radio. They tried their ass off to get DT to say something bad about Sherman. He just kept referring to him as the best CB in the game and a friend in the off-season

DenBronx
01-28-2014, 01:42 PM
I love those Nike jackets they were all wearing.

DenBronx
01-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Listening to the interviews on NFL radio. They tried their ass off to get DT to say something bad about Sherman. He just kept referring to him as the best CB in the game and a friend in the off-season

DT isnt going to take the bait.

Look, Sherman is a damn good CB and everything but in time past him and his defense usually only have to cover 2 good WRs. They are going to have to cover 4 really good....elite good WRs. DT is a very physical WR but yet he has explosive speed for his size and I bet he gets the better of Sherman on Sunday.

CoachChaz
01-28-2014, 02:07 PM
I see Seattle playing that 3 deep zone quite a bit on Sunday. They have decent coverage LB's and their safeties are studs. I'm not sure there will be too many opportunities for DT to "get the better of Sherman" in one-on one scenarios.

AgentOrange
01-28-2014, 02:15 PM
Worst questions of Media Day
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/worst-media-day-shaun-phillips-might-asked-tuesday-170623851--nfl.html

Ziggy
01-28-2014, 02:49 PM
I see Seattle playing that 3 deep zone quite a bit on Sunday. They have decent coverage LB's and their safeties are studs. I'm not sure there will be too many opportunities for DT to "get the better of Sherman" in one-on one scenarios.

I hope so. Manning will carve that up like a Halloween pumpkin.

DenBronx
01-28-2014, 03:19 PM

Uh thats what we want. Manning will dink and dunk on their asses all day.

Dzone
01-28-2014, 03:46 PM
The Romonowski interview and story about Burt Reynolds at longest yard filming was awesome. 67 year old reynolds refused a stunt double for the football scenes and demanded that he take a full shot from brian bozworth and boz knocked the shit out of reynolds and burt jumps up and puffs up his chest and says i hope you can tackle harder than that!

CoachChaz
01-28-2014, 03:58 PM
I hope so. Manning will carve that up like a Halloween pumpkin.

Uh thats what we want. Manning will dink and dunk on their asses all day.

Any chance any of you understand the 3 deep zone or have an idea of how Seattle uses it? It's not quite as easy as it sounds to beat it regularly...especially when they mix it up with the man coverage.

God knows I'll be hoping Manning tears them apart, but they are pretty good at it

Denver Native (Carol)
01-28-2014, 04:00 PM
This appears to be many of the Broncos' videos from NJ so far

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/video-browser/most-recent-videos.html

and on NFL Network

Denver Native (Carol)
01-28-2014, 04:10 PM
Thought this would be a good place to post the following from Vic

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h

And our first winner of the "Don't disappoint PFM" club ... http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/it-didnt-take-long-for-the-broncos-to-hit-the-strip-clubs-in-nyc/ …

Tned
01-28-2014, 04:25 PM

I haven't watched much of Seattle, and what I have, I haven't really paid attention to their defense, other than to quickly run through part of a "short cuts" game to confirm that Sherman typically stays at LCB.

My question is whether they truly run a 3 deep zone, or do they run a hybrid (probably a real name for it). I've seen some teams with very good QBs that would run man to man on one side with the elite QB and essentially run a zone on the other side. I know it's not that simple, because you could have more than one receiver on the right side (defensive left), which has to be covered either via man or zone.

BroncoWave
01-28-2014, 04:28 PM
Is there a bigger waste of time than Super Bowl media day? Just seems like a huge distraction full of "reporters" who try to ask the dumbest questions they possibly can. I'm sure Peyton loved having to answer questions about what his favorite 'Real Housewives' show is instead of watching some film on the Seahawks.

Marshawn Lynch left his interview early and the NFL isn't even going to punish him for it because even they realize what a waste of time it is.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Marshawn Lynch left his interview early and the NFL isn't even going to punish him for it because even they realize what a waste of time it is.

from espn article, in regards to Lynch:

The Seattle Seahawks running back, who wasn't given a podium, spoke to the media for six minutes and 20 seconds Tuesday before retreating to a back wall at the Prudential Center.

"Players are required to participate and he participated," league spokesman Greg Aiello told ESPN.com.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10364868/super-bowl-marshawn-lynch-seattle-seahawks-snubs-reporters-super-bowl-media-day

Dzone
01-28-2014, 04:58 PM
They should fine beast mode. Others will be walking out on it in the future if they permit ******* behavior like that

BroncoWave
01-28-2014, 04:59 PM
from espn article, in regards to Lynch:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10364868/super-bowl-marshawn-lynch-seattle-seahawks-snubs-reporters-super-bowl-media-day

Which means they have now set the precedent that you can just show up for 30 seconds they peace out if you want, because you at least fulfilled your obligation to go. It wouldn't shock me if way more players start doing this now, since they know they can get away with it.

BroncoWave
01-28-2014, 05:01 PM
They should fine beast mode. Others will be walking out on it in the future if they permit ******* behavior like that

As I said, I think it's the NFL admitting what a joke media day is in that they can't in good faith fine someone for leaving it early. Which is pretty telling since they will fine you for wearing socks of the wrong length.

CoachChaz
01-28-2014, 05:01 PM
I haven't watched much of Seattle, and what I have, I haven't really paid attention to their defense, other than to quickly run through part of a "short cuts" game to confirm that Sherman typically stays at LCB.

My question is whether they truly run a 3 deep zone, or do they run a hybrid (probably a real name for it). I've seen some teams with very good QBs that would run man to man on one side with the elite QB and essentially run a zone on the other side. I know it's not that simple, because you could have more than one receiver on the right side (defensive left), which has to be covered either via man or zone.

They mostly run man coverage with one high safety, but they get a lot of success by baiting teams when they go into the 3 deep...or Cover 3. 3 Deep Zone doesnt mean they have 3 people playing a deep zone...it means they have 3 people responsible for 3 deep zones of coverage and 5 responsible for underneath zones. The outside corners have man coverage from sideline to has marks and all the way to the end zone. Thomas starts off in the box, but backpedals into zone coverage at the snap. He's looking for a slot route or the TE in the middle. The reason it's so successful is because of Thomas' ability to cover ground. It's really just a version of Cover 2, but by running the Cover 3, Chancellor doesnt get exposed to having to cover a TE and can focus on run stopping. With the CB's playing press in this, it's sometimes hard to tell the difference between the Cover 1 and Cover 3 and can confuse offenses.

Now...we can have success against it if the corners are playing off...but the Seattle corners rarely do. It's not impenetrable...especially by a guy like Manning...but they have had a lot of success because of the personnel they have. There really isnt much complexity to their defense...it really comes down to their personnel and just how good they are in basic calls.

Dzone
01-28-2014, 05:10 PM
As I said, I think it's the NFL admitting what a joke media day is in that they can't in good faith fine someone for leaving it early. Which is pretty telling since they will fine you for wearing socks of the wrong length.
I dunno man, I dont think the NFL thinks anything they do is a joke. The interviews were pretty good. Lets you sort of get to know the players. The deion sanders interviews were good. The welker /deion interview was great. Deoin said twice "I am lovin me some Wes Welker" ...love welkers kickass attitude, and he seems like a little kid. lol

BroncoWave
01-28-2014, 05:12 PM
I dunno man, I dont think the NFL thinks anything they do is a joke. The interviews were pretty good. Lets you sort of get to know the players. The deion sanders interviews were good. The welker /deion interview was great. Deoin said twice "I am lovin me some Wes Welker" ...love welkers kickass attitude, and he seems like a little kid. lol

I think the problem is that they credential WAY too many people. Like, if you ask a BS question like "What is your favorite real housewives show", you and your publication should be banned from ever getting credentialed to media day again.

BroncoWave
01-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Or, if you show up in any sort of costume you and your publication should be banned from it.

CoachChaz
01-28-2014, 05:15 PM
I think the problem is that they credential WAY too many people. Like, if you ask a BS question like "What is your favorite real housewives show", you and your publication should be banned from ever getting credentialed to media day again.

It was interesting to hear one reporter ask Foxy what he thought about the upcoming Chinese New Year and the very next question was about what he thought about the NFL's policies on protecting players.

So, I agree. Let sports reporters in, let the kids that get to go and do a report for their schools come in...stuff like that. But the TMZ's and other groups like that can stay out.

BroncoWave
01-28-2014, 05:16 PM
It was interesting to hear one reporter ask Foxy what he thought about the upcoming Chinese New Year and the very next question was about what he thought about the NFL's policies on protecting players.

So, I agree. Let sports reporters in, let the kids that get to go and do a report for their schools come in...stuff like that. But the TMZ's and other groups like that can stay out.

I would be fine with this.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Super Bowl XLVIII Media Day Photos

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Super-Bowl-XLVIII-Media-Day-Photos/fe29770e-93d4-4739-b6c9-415ce2772d0b

Denver Native (Carol)
01-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Amidst the madness of media day, players talked about why the team installed the game plan for Super Bowl XLVIII last week in Denver.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Daily-News-from-Media-Day/fa46fd1c-76f9-4348-99d8-8b00bc91ec5d

It's great what they said about when Peyton walked in - "it's like a prizefighter walking in"

Joel
01-28-2014, 05:37 PM
Easily my favorite part was Deion interviewing Champ.

"You may be the best ever, but I've never heard you say it."

"My game speaks for itself."
:salute:
Funny how the truly great nearly always grasp that intuitively, which means it also speaks a great deal of those who DON'T.

CoachChaz
01-28-2014, 05:40 PM
Easily my favorite part was Deion interviewing Champ.

"You may be the best ever, but I've never heard you say it."

"My game speaks for itself."
:salute:
Funny how the truly great nearly always grasp that intuitively, which means it also speaks a great deal of those who DON'T.

Rich Gannon was talking about that when they were discussing Sherman. He said Sherman is the best in the game now, but is nowhere near what Champ was when he was the best in the game.

Not that it has any impact on the game...but as long as Champ is the topic of the moment.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-28-2014, 05:42 PM
NEWARK, N.J. -- Surrounded by thousands of members of the media, the Broncos players and coaches fielded questions for an hour Tuesday morning at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. Here are some of the highlights.

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR ADAM GASE

On comparing Denver QB Peyton Manning and Seattle QB Russell Wilson
"They both have different styles, but mentally it sounds like Russell's kind of heading in that direction of what Peyton's done with his career as far as being a very intelligent quarterback and using the tools of his game to his advantage."

rest - much more - plus videos
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Thats-What-He-Said-Media-Day/6d9835a0-664c-47ec-a44b-b08f6ce2da20

Joel
01-28-2014, 05:48 PM
So what? It was lame when they fined our offensive line for refusing—as a unit—to talk to reporters after someone created a s--tstorm by quoting one of them out of context. It still is.

I know the NFL's obsessed with promoting its brand, but I couldn't care less. I like a few things about it (mainly the prospect of an eventual world pro football championship that is exactly that) but think the vast majority of it sucks and is turning the NFLs high quality legacy into Super Tecmo Bowl (or, more literally, Madden NFL.) People say todays athletes are so superbly trained and conditioned none of the classic teams could hang with them, but I suspect many old school teams would beat the crap out of most modern teams by, well, beating the crap out of them.

I want players who win games, not peddle NFL PR. That doesn't mean winning excuses them making the headlines for being worthless human beings, but as long as they don't (and shouldn't) have a rap sheet and get to the postseason I don't care if they say two words to the press, and frequently wish they HADN'T.

Joel
01-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Rich Gannon was talking about that when they were discussing Sherman. He said Sherman is the best in the game now, but is nowhere near what Champ was when he was the best in the game.

Not that it has any impact on the game...but as long as Champ is the topic of the moment.
I couldn't help the comparison when Sherman had his "maybe the NFL should MAKE this guy take Adderall" moment. Maybe it's just their design, but there's been a lot of talk recently about Sherman staying on his side the vast majority of the time even if the other team moves their best WR to the other. When Champ was in his prime he could play man on his guy all the way down the sideline, AND drop him and play robber the instant the ball was thrown to the other.

Frankly, Sherman blowing his own horn after the NFCCG game was more reassuring than the Seahawk DB who said, "we're not there yet," at media day. It's OK, Seattle: Ya'll are the greatest team EVER and we're just lucky to be here, so don't be afraid to phone in the Super Bowl. :)

Denver Native (Carol)
01-28-2014, 06:33 PM
from article:

Asked about the remarks at his media session later Tuesday, Sherman said he agreed about respecting veterans and praised the players Rodgers-Cromartie mentioned.

Told Rodgers-Cromartie didn't put him in the top five, though, Sherman laughed: "Yeah, that's a joke."

rest - http://www.9news.com/news/article/375252/339/Broncos-CB-says-Sherman-isnt-among-top-5

I wish DRC had not have said that.