PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks fans to outnumber Broncos fans at Super Bowl as prices drop?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-27-2014, 07:40 PM
Paging Denver Broncos fans.

Seattle Seahawks supporters are expected to outnumber Broncos fans by a clear margin at Super Bowl XLVIII, according to reports from ticket-reselling giant StubHub and two ticket-search firms.

Data from the three companies also show that prices for Sunday's game in East Rutherford, N.J., have dropped significantly over the past week.

StubHub said Monday that 18 percent of its Super Bowl ticket sales have come from the state of Washington, followed by New York with 14 percent. Colorado residents have snatched up 12 percent of tickets sold, StubHub said.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_25004712/seahawks-fans-outnumber-broncos-fans-at-super-bowl

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-27-2014, 07:43 PM
Uh-oh.....what happened to America's team?

DenBronx
01-27-2014, 07:46 PM
Seriously, whats going on here? Do Broncos fans not have the $$$$??

NightTrainLayne
01-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Logical fallacy... Bronco fans are not only found in Colorado.

VonDoom
01-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I think they're making too many assumptions here. I'd be surprised if there isn't a significantly higher amount of Bronco fans there.

Broncolingus
01-27-2014, 08:00 PM
No surprise there would be an article with that 'slant...'

WTE
01-27-2014, 08:03 PM
18% from Washington state is a big number.

I am going to call this election.

Shazam!
01-27-2014, 08:07 PM
Peyton has fans everywhere. This isn't a concern.

slim
01-27-2014, 08:09 PM
Peyton has fans everywhere. This isn't a concern.

Good point. I wonder how many were sold in Indiana.

BroncoWave
01-27-2014, 08:12 PM
You also have to consider that most neutral observers will likely be rooting for Denver. I also saw a stat that NFL ticket exchange has seen more tickets bought from Colorado than from Washington.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter all that much. More than half of the people there will be corporate types who won't cheer regardless, so crowd noise will have absolutely no impact.

WTE
01-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Broncos fans are cheap. If guys like Tned and NTL ain't forking over the dough then the 12th Man will be in full force.

Dzone
01-27-2014, 08:40 PM
The 12th man wont be making much of a peep during the game. Those tickets went to the wine and cheese fans who dont like to make noise at games.

ShaneFalco
01-27-2014, 08:42 PM
if anywhere besides that corrupt shithole of NJ /NY. I would go.

Tned
01-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Broncos fans are cheap. If guys like Tned and NTL ain't forking over the dough then the 12th Man will be in full force.

I bought to 50 yard line seats on Craig's list last week. Arrived today and they see basically photocopied, photo shopped deals. Think I just got taken for a grand. Ad said he was selling them cheap to make sure an Arkansas Broncos' fan got them.

Now my wife said I can't buy anymore tickets, because I was to such an idiot and wasted our money. :sad:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

WTE
01-27-2014, 08:58 PM
I bought to 50 yard line seats on Craig's list last week. Arrived today and they see basically photocopied, photo shopped deals. Think I just got taken for a grand. Ad said he was selling them cheap to make sure an Arkansas Broncos' fan got them.

Now my wife said I can't buy anymore tickets, because I was to such an idiot and wasted our money. :sad:

If you paid w/ credit card you can call your card company and dispute charges as undelivered goods.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-27-2014, 08:59 PM

GEEZ - that is a bummer for sure. In Denver, they have had more than one warning about people getting scammed on craigslist. I hope you turned in whoever did this to you.

artie_dale
01-27-2014, 09:14 PM
Um yeah, I'm sure the local New Yorkers will be rooting for Peyton. It'll still be neutral, not enough 12th man to make a difference.

NightTerror218
01-27-2014, 09:52 PM
Niner fans have money. They are cheering for broncos. Rich folks will pick broncos because of manning its about class.

Shazam!
01-27-2014, 09:56 PM
TNed, why would you buy Super Bowl tix from Craigslist of all places?!

Joel
01-27-2014, 09:58 PM

Sorry, man, that REALLY sucks, and not just because I want as many genuine football fans as possible there screaming at Wilson on 3rd down. Sigh; people are filth. :(

Beyond that, I agree with NTL; from what I've seen, the Orange Crush has been pretty well represented at most our road games all season, and we only picked up "fans" as records fell.

Tned
01-27-2014, 10:16 PM
TNed, why would you buy Super Bowl tix from Craigslist of all places?!

The ad said Genuwine and Legit.

Davii
01-27-2014, 10:33 PM
I do believe TNed is either kidding, or extremely drunk. I think he has had more typos in the last two posts than the rest of the last seven years combined.

aberdien
01-27-2014, 10:38 PM
Seahawks fans are just bandwagoners so this wouldn't surprise me

Joel
01-27-2014, 11:03 PM
I do believe TNed is either kidding, or extremely drunk. I think he has had more typos in the last two posts than the rest of the last seven years combined.
Poes Law, people! Text is TONELESS, and some of us take everything at face value, which is clearly everyone elses fault. ;) And if I'd just spent $1000 on fake SB tickets I'd get drunk, too.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-27-2014, 11:09 PM
18% from Washington state is a big number.

I am going to call this election.

Look at that avatar, you flip flop more than a Massachusetts democrat...hey, are you....never mind.

Dzone
01-27-2014, 11:22 PM
Where would Seattle's defense rank if they didnt get to play in this noisy stadium that is louder than a 747? I guess you would have to look at their stats in road games.
My guess is, its a big advantage that they depend on at home and they arent going to have on sunday

DenBronx
01-27-2014, 11:37 PM
If this wasnt such a suck ass terrible year for me I would have forked over the cash to go. This is just a really bad time for me.

I think tickets are easily $2000 and up now.

chazoe60
01-27-2014, 11:50 PM
Tned just trolled Carol, didn't think I'd live to see the day.

Day1BroncoFan
01-28-2014, 12:22 AM
Newsflash: Broncos points to out number seahawks points.

Tned
01-28-2014, 01:43 AM

I'm not drunk ;)

pnbronco
01-28-2014, 01:52 AM
When one ticket costs more than our 2 season tickets you really have to ask yourself, just how much do I want to be there. That doesn't even cover the air fare, transportation and hotels. The Super Bowl is no longer a game for the fans, it's just turned corporate. Hotels go to rack when a SB is in their town.

We were able to go to the SB in Dallas. I knew we could drive there and was able to get a nice hotel for a reasonable price. Even then our face on the tickets were $ 900 each. Which is more than one of my season tickets. It was a bucket list thing that I had always wanted to do so when we got the chance we took it. It was fun but not really sure it was $ 1800 fun. The good thing is that I don't have that longing to go to this game. Now if the game was in Phoenix that could be a different story, I may have to start putting money away in my piggy bank....:D

Tned
01-28-2014, 01:58 AM
When one ticket costs more than our 2 season tickets you really have to ask yourself, just how much do I want to be there. That doesn't even cover the air fare, transportation and hotels. The Super Bowl is no longer a game for the fans, it's just turned corporate. Hotels go to rack when a SB is in their town.

We were able to go to the SB in Dallas. I knew we could drive there and was able to get a nice hotel for a reasonable price. Even then our face on the tickets were $ 900 each. Which is more than one of my season tickets. It was a bucket list thing that I had always wanted to do so when we got the chance we took it. It was fun but not really sure it was $ 1800 fun. The good thing is that I don't have that longing to go to this game. Now if the game was in Phoenix that could be a different story, I may have to start putting money away in my piggy bank....:D

That's kind of where I am. We spent a lot of money on airfare and hotel rooms for the two playoff games, along with having do a change fee on one of the games.

While I would like to go to a Broncos SB, tickets and travel are just too high for NY. Maybe they will be back next year and I can drive down.

pnbronco
01-28-2014, 02:13 AM
That's kind of where I am. We spent a lot of money on airfare and hotel rooms for the two playoff games, along with having do a change fee on one of the games.

While I would like to go to a Broncos SB, tickets and travel are just too high for NY. Maybe they will be back next year and I can drive down.

You know Tned....I really wish I could of been at the Conference NE game. I was working out of town so I couldn't go. I had a ticket if I wanted it but you know how real life works. Seeing the pictures of the confetti and being with all those Bronco fans celebrating is really hard to beat.

The problem with the SB is that all the corp people make our wine and cheese crowd looks like super hard core fans. Being with those that want the same thing you do creates a heart and soul experience you can't duplicate.

Seattle may end up with more people at the game, but they can't compete with our love of this game and our voices coming in from all over the US and beyond!!!

Tned
01-28-2014, 07:53 AM
You know Tned....I really wish I could of been at the Conference NE game. I was working out of town so I couldn't go. I had a ticket if I wanted it but you know how real life works. Seeing the pictures of the confetti and being with all those Bronco fans celebrating is really hard to beat.

The problem with the SB is that all the corp people make our wine and cheese crowd looks like super hard core fans. Being with those that want the same thing you do creates a heart and soul experience you can't duplicate.

Seattle may end up with more people at the game, but they can't compete with our love of this game and our voices coming in from all over the US and beyond!!!

That's exactly why I'm not too heart broken about not going. On the one hand, it would be really cool to say I was there, and I think some parts of the overall experience would be cool. But, from the standpoint of being in the stands with 77,000 screaming fans all pulling for the same team, and that energy and excitement, the SB just won't compete with a home game.

TXBRONC
01-28-2014, 08:22 AM
I'm not worried about Seattle fans out numbering Denver fans. Even if they do I don't think they would have enough of their fans to be a disruptive 12th man for the Seahawks.

Northman
01-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Seahawks are terrible on the road, they almost lost to Houston for god's sake.

MasterShake
01-28-2014, 08:46 AM
I'm not worried about Seattle fans out numbering Denver fans. Even if they do I don't think they would have enough of their fans to be a disruptive 12th man for the Seahawks.

Exactly. Both the Broncos and the Seahawks fans are going to be outnumbered by corporate guests and other "fans" with the football IQ of a rock, so it won't matter much. To be honest I would like to visit a Super Bowl city once just for the experience and then still watch the game on a big TV at a bar with other fans. I would much rather see a home game like the AFC Championship if the Broncos are involved if I am going to pay a lot of money. I have a friend that lives in New Jersey and he is reporting that you can't even really tell a Super Bowl is happening in that region. New York just swallows up things like that, its almost anticlimactic until we get to the game.

weazel
01-28-2014, 01:50 PM
the prices are down a bit, but only like 2 to 3 hundred dollars, so like 5%

Joel
01-28-2014, 03:47 PM
Where would Seattle's defense rank if they didnt get to play in this noisy stadium that is louder than a 747? I guess you would have to look at their stats in road games.
My guess is, its a big advantage that they depend on at home and they arent going to have on sunday
I haven't looked at their defensive stats exclusively, but they only lost 3 games all year and 1 was at home, so that tells us they only had 2 road losses. The COMBINED margin in those games was just 8 pts, against a pair of playoff teams (one of which came to Seattle for round 3 in the NFCCG.) They lost by 2 @SF, and by 6 @Indy when they still had Reggie Wayne. The Colts still needed a flukey FG blocked and returned for a TD, or they'd have lost by 4 instead of winning by 6.

Again, I didn't look at their defensive stats alone, but this isn't a team that scores lots of offensive points anywhere, so I gotta think a 6-2 road record most teams would envy is as much on their D as their 7-1 home record. I do remember that when they came back from 17 down @Houston to win in OT, it was a Sherman pick-six that got them there.

Seahawks are terrible on the road, they almost lost to Houston for god's sake.
Houston hadn't gone completely off the rails then. If a 6-2 record makes Seattle "terrible" on the road, what does our 6-2 road record make us? In both cases the only two losses were close ones to playoff teams (in Seattles case, a divisional game, which is always harder, against a team that just made its 3rd straight Conference Championship and went to last years SB.) Heck, one of them (i.e. half the total) was even to the SAME team by the SAME margin for the SAME reason (i.e. turnovers.)

This is like when we played KC: The more we tear them down the less beating them means; the more their games prove them a paper tiger the more playing the same teams proves us one.

Seattles Legion of Dope benefits from the refs ignoring the Defensive Holding, Illegal Contact and PI fouls called on all 31 OTHER teams, and from getting away with loading their whole roster with PEDs. There's no reason to think it will be any different in the SB though, and with those qualifiers Seattle's a VERY good team. Our greatness doesn't diminish theirs, nor vice versa; just the opposite, actually: The better they are, the less a loss speaks badly and the more a win speaks well of us.

Ravage!!!
01-28-2014, 03:48 PM
the prices are down a bit, but only like 2 to 3 hundred dollars, so like 5%

According to this article, the prices dropped 40% this year already.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/27/ticket-prices-plummet-weekend-before-super-bowl/

Joel
01-28-2014, 03:57 PM
According to this article, the prices dropped 40% this year already.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/27/ticket-prices-plummet-weekend-before-super-bowl/
Another of the typically masterful market moves we've come to expect from the NFL the last couple decades. Maybe they can salvage it with dark red shoes for a September Menstruation Awareness Month, get Justin Bieber to play the next SB halftime and send all the undrafted players to sell penguins tickets to NFL Antartica.

BroncoWave
01-28-2014, 03:58 PM
Another of the typically masterful market moves we've come to expect from the NFL the last couple decades. Maybe they can salvage it with dark red shoes for a September Menstruation Awareness Month, get Justin Bieber to play the next SB halftime and send all the undrafted players to sell penguins tickets to NFL Antartica.

These are prices on the secondary market, which matters not one bit to the NFL. They still sold out the tickets at face value, as they do every year. I doubt the NFL really cares how far prices dip on the secondary market. The stadium will still be pretty much full come game time.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-28-2014, 05:15 PM
NEW YORK—Authorities in New York say two men have been charged with making and selling counterfeit tickets for the Super Bowl and other postseason NFL games.

Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown and Police Commissioner William J. Bratton announced charges Tuesday against Damon Daniels, of New York City, and Eugene Fladger, of Philadelphia.

Information on their attorneys was not immediately available.

Authorities say blocks of high-quality fake tickets were also sold online for an AFC divisional round playoff game in Foxborough, Mass., and an NFC Wild Card game in Philadelphia.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25010793/2-charged-selling-fake-super-bowl-tickets

Hopefully all who bought these counterfeit SB tickets were Seattle fans :D

Joel
01-28-2014, 06:31 PM
These are prices on the secondary market, which matters not one bit to the NFL. They still sold out the tickets at face value, as they do every year. I doubt the NFL really cares how far prices dip on the secondary market. The stadium will still be pretty much full come game time.
As long as the stadium IS full, no, the NFL won't care, but if that changes it DEFINITELY will. Remember, SB's are broadcast live around the world and the NFL is clumsily but desperately searching for a way to expand beyond the US, especially to the large and lucrative European market. That requires broadcast rights (for one thing, the NFL couldn't care less if Europe ever gets a TEAM as long as the bulk of TELEVISIONS are tuned to all games, so the NFL can issue commensurate broadcast licenses to European networks.)

Broadcasting a half empty stadium around the world does NOT sell broadcast licenses or encourage anyone to invest in foreign teams. Look where the NFL plays its foreign games even where they're just exhibition: Places like Wembley and Azteca that can and do seat 100,000 people, so the NFL can broadcast that on TV, cite the numbers and tell foreign billionaires, "Investing in our brand guarantees you immediate massive returns." It's BS, and most people with a billion dollars are smart enough to know it, but that's the pitch the NFL wants on the pitch.

It's a mild surprise they haven't (yet) made the SUPER BOWL ITSELF a foreign game rotating among global bidders like the Olympics and World Cup. What site could be more neutral?

Tned
01-28-2014, 06:39 PM
As long as the stadium IS full, no, the NFL won't care, but if that changes it DEFINITELY will. Remember, SB's are broadcast live around the world and the NFL is clumsily but desperately searching for a way to expand beyond the US, especially to the large and lucrative European market. That requires broadcast rights (for one thing, the NFL couldn't care less if Europe ever gets a TEAM as long as the bulk of TELEVISIONS are tuned to all games, so the NFL can issue commensurate broadcast licenses to European networks.)

Broadcasting a half empty stadium around the world does NOT sell broadcast licenses or encourage anyone to invest in foreign teams. Look where the NFL plays its foreign games even where they're just exhibition: Places like Wembley and Azteca that can and do seat 100,000 people, so the NFL can broadcast that on TV, cite the numbers and tell foreign billionaires, "Investing in our brand guarantees you immediate massive returns." It's BS, and most people with a billion dollars are smart enough to know it, but that's the pitch the NFL wants on the pitch.

It's a mild surprise they haven't (yet) made the SUPER BOWL ITSELF a foreign game rotating among global bidders like the Olympics and World Cup. What site could be more neutral?

This is another ridiculous Devil's Advocate position with no basis in fact. There were 5,000 tickets for sale for the AFCCG game in Denver, just like there are for the SB now, but there were only 41 empty seats.

You clearly don't get the concept of the secondary ticket market, which is why you repeatedly state the NFL is the one controlling these inflated ticket prices and making the money off it. You are talking about something you clearly have no clue about.

Joel
01-28-2014, 08:32 PM
This is another ridiculous Devil's Advocate position with no basis in fact. There were 5,000 tickets for sale for the AFCCG game in Denver, just like there are for the SB now, but there were only 41 empty seats.

You clearly don't get the concept of the secondary ticket market, which is why you repeatedly state the NFL is the one controlling these inflated ticket prices and making the money off it. You are talking about something you clearly have no clue about.
That's true, I don't know much about the secondary ticket market, but DO know enough economics to know that if their profits take a big hit those resalers will be less interested in buying SB tickets from the NFL. If that 40% drop from the initial market price is accurate it's a red flag.

Several credible journalism sites have had stories in the past week about SB tickets prices nose-diving due to weather concerns and the distance local fans must travel. NFL statements weather may force them to move the game have only made it worse, since it would force people already spending thousands each to attend the game to also get more time off work and book more hotel days, and they can't even be sure yet if/when they'll need to do it.

It's also true the NFL won't care as long as every seat has a butt in it, "but" if that ever changes it WON'T want to globally broadcast half empty stadium to foreign investors its aggressively courting. It's almost like the owners are TRYING to kill the goose that laid the golden egg, as if they said to themselves, "Pro football's the worlds most profitable sport—how can we 'fix' that...?"

Denver Native (Carol)
01-28-2014, 09:17 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25006344/nfl-is-vague-fuzzy-super-bowl-ticket-math

Joel
01-28-2014, 09:36 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25006344/nfl-is-vague-fuzzy-super-bowl-ticket-math
Sounds like the beef may be more with the teams for selling resalers all GOOD tickets they get from the NFL, leaving the nosebleeds no one wants for season ticket lotteries. Maybe that explains why Super Bowl crowds are disproportionately of the wine-and-cheese football-ignorant variety: The NFL denies BOTH teams 2/3 of the tickets, then the teams deny their fans most of the rest.

At least my fears Paul Allen would buy them all up and drop them from the Space Needle are put to rest. It would be funny if a team decided to sell it's whole 17.5% exclusively to season ticket holders, then its millionaire starters bought most of the rest and gave them to fans, so they got the same homefield advantage for the SB that they had in their own stadiums. But if teams that pride themselves on fan crowd support as much as Denver and Seattle do won't, no others are likely to do it either.

Tned
01-28-2014, 10:25 PM
That's true, I don't know much about the secondary ticket market, but DO know enough economics to know that if their profits take a big hit those resalers will be less interested in buying SB tickets from the NFL. If that 40% drop from the initial market price is accurate it's a red flag.

Several credible journalism sites have had stories in the past week about SB tickets prices nose-diving due to weather concerns and the distance local fans must travel. NFL statements weather may force them to move the game have only made it worse, since it would force people already spending thousands each to attend the game to also get more time off work and book more hotel days, and they can't even be sure yet if/when they'll need to do it.

It's also true the NFL won't care as long as every seat has a butt in it, "but" if that ever changes it WON'T want to globally broadcast half empty stadium to foreign investors its aggressively courting. It's almost like the owners are TRYING to kill the goose that laid the golden egg, as if they said to themselves, "Pro football's the worlds most profitable sport—how can we 'fix' that...?"

Again you are yapping about a half empty stadium and owners trying to kill the goose, which clearly shows you have no idea about how the SB tickets are distributed or what the secondary market is.

Why do you make these long winded rants on subjects you know nothing about? :confused:

WARHORSE
01-28-2014, 10:42 PM
Anyone seen the movie 47 Ronin?

The movie was based on a true story.

Theres a new movie out.

Its called ONE BRONCO FAN.

One BRONCO fan is equal to 100 of the fleahawks 12th woman.

So where is the distinct advantage?

Its gonna be on the field. The B R O N C O S are a distinctly better team than the Fleagulls.

Everyday.

ALL day.

MOtorboat
01-28-2014, 10:54 PM
Not to rain on your parade, War, but 47 Ronin is a Japanese fairy tale/legend...

I really liked the movie, though.

Tned
01-29-2014, 12:01 AM
Ticket prices are rebounding a bit. After 300 section seats dropping down to around $1500 a couple days ago, they are now up to about $1750. While we are talking big dollars, I also have no doubt that weather is a major factor.

Last year in the week before the Broncos Bal playoff game there were about 5,000 tickets up for sale. It didn't start out that way, but as the weather forecast got colder and colder, the more people put their tickets up for sale. Now, as heart breaking as that game was and as bitterly cold as it was in the stands, part of me thinks they were smart, but I was glad I was there.

Anyway, I only bring this up, because this type of secondary market behavior is typical of ANY popular football game. GB, which has their 100 year season ticket wait list has had many games with 2,000-5,000 tickets for sale on the secondary market.

Joel
01-29-2014, 12:11 AM
Again you are yapping about a half empty stadium and owners trying to kill the goose, which clearly shows you have no idea about how the SB tickets are distributed or what the secondary market is.
Okay, enlighten me: Why does talking about half empty stadiums and owners killing the golden goose with ill-conceived marketing show ignorance of NFL ticket distribution or the secondary market? How, precisely, do ticket distribution and the secondary market preclude half empty stadiums and owners KILLING their market? Doesn't seem like they could, though plummeting demand resulting in half empty stadiums could sure do a number on the secondary market.

I'm game though, and (contrary to popular claims) don't think I'm smarter than everyone else, so I'm willing to listen to someone who is: Explain.

Why do you make these long winded rants on subjects you know nothing about? :confused:

In this case because I wasn't primarily addressing ticket distribution or reselling in the first place, but only their symptom of a bigger problem. Heck, you RUN a fan site FOR a Super Bowl team and earlier stated strong arguments for why you never even considered going. That's not exactly a sign of healthy market demand.

Tned
01-29-2014, 01:05 AM
Okay, enlighten me: Why does talking about half empty stadiums and owners killing the golden goose with ill-conceived marketing show ignorance of NFL ticket distribution or the secondary market? How, precisely, do ticket distribution and the secondary market preclude half empty stadiums and owners KILLING their market? Doesn't seem like they could, though plummeting demand resulting in half empty stadiums could sure do a number on the secondary market.

I'm game though, and (contrary to popular claims) don't think I'm smarter than everyone else, so I'm willing to listen to someone who is: Explain.

In this case because I wasn't primarily addressing ticket distribution or reselling in the first place, but only their symptom of a bigger problem. Heck, you RUN a fan site FOR a Super Bowl team and earlier stated strong arguments for why you never even considered going. That's not exactly a sign of healthy market demand.

I have to subsidize this site $2-3k a year after ad revenue, which is a big part of why spending $6-8k on a trip to the super bowl wasn't going to fly with the wife or be a smart financial move for me. That's not a reflection of demand, but instead my obsession with server uptime, redundant drives, backup servers, etc, which all cost far in excess of current ad revenue.

As to half full stadiums, you keep talking about that danger without once giving a viable reason why that's a legitimate concern. The fact is that the demand for the Super Bowl is HUGE - through the roof.

There are far, far, far more people that want to buy the face value tickets, which are something like 15 times more expensive than normal tickets, than there are tickets buy.

There is zero demand problem, there is a supply problem, which is why tickets are selling for $1,700 to $10,000 or higher.

Joel
01-29-2014, 01:34 AM
I have to subsidize this site $2-3k a year after ad revenue, which is a big part of why spending $6-8k on a trip to the super bowl wasn't going to fly with the wife or be a smart financial move for me. That's not a reflection of demand, but instead my obsession with server uptime, redundant drives, backup servers, etc, which all cost far in excess of current ad revenue.

As to half full stadiums, you keep talking about that danger without once giving a viable reason why that's a legitimate concern. The fact is that the demand for the Super Bowl is HUGE - through the roof.

There are far, far, far more people that want to buy the face value tickets, which are something like 15 times more expensive than normal tickets, than there are tickets buy.

There is zero demand problem, there is a supply problem, which is why tickets are selling for $1,700 to $10,000 or higher.

This years rapid drop in initial market price suggests demand—while still strong FOR NOW—nonetheless fell sharply almost the moment the SB teams were decided. As you (among others) have noted, arguably the biggest reason is severe winter weather and distant expensive travel, despite the NFLs confidence a cold weather SB in the nations largest city was marketing genius.

The NFLs overall marketing strategy the past decade or so is very dubious. Maybe it'll work out in the end; it WAS crafted by people far better trained than I who make a good living doing it. However, I believe they've added many new casual fans at the expense of many longtime dedicated fans, and I've worked enough retail to know how critical customer loyalty and repeat purchases are to any business. I don't think those new casual fans passionate enough to spend as much of their income as the longtime dedicated fans, so I think the NFL goofed.

Wait and see....

Broncolingus
01-31-2014, 02:35 PM
Go Broncos!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1UAGZPC7jLM/UHdUK5d9ETI/AAAAAAAAFTQ/_7D15ueeQ1Y/s400/broncos_body_paint_front.jpg