PDA

View Full Version : 'Madden' sim predicts Broncos will win Super Bowl

CrazyHorse
01-27-2014, 07:23 PM
If a video game simulation of Super Bowl XLVIII is correct, "The 12th Man" will have a disappointing Sunday.

Electronic Arts ran its annual simulation of the Super Bowl through football video game Madden NFL 25, and it has the Denver Broncos topping the Seattle Seahawks 31-28.

According to the simulation, the Seahawks jump out to an early lead off an interception by Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman before Broncos' QB Peyton Manning leads his team on two scoring drives to take a 21-10 advantage. The Seahawks force the game into overtime, but the Broncos claim victory on a Matt Prater field goal.

The simulation has Manning finishing as the game's Most Valuable Player, with 322 passing yards and 3 touchdowns.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2014/01/27/madden-sim-super-bowl/4938117/

P70-MtBgsOQ

It's been right 8/10 so that's good for us I guess.

ShaneFalco
01-27-2014, 08:22 PM
damn didnt see this thread. will delete one i made.

Controversial cornerback Richard Sherman struck early with an interception and a touchdown to give Seattle a 10-7 edge going into halftime, but his pick six only seemed to make Manning mad, leading to a 17-yard TD pass to Demaryius Thomas right in Sherman’s face. A goal line TD by Knowshon Moreno and a 24-yard bomb to Wes Welker gave Denver a big lead going into the 4th quarter.

But Seattle wasn’t having it. A field goal and a Russell Wilson TD toss brought the Seahawks within striking range, though it took a last second, 27-yard Beast Mode touchdown rumble by Marshawn Lynch to keep them alive. A two-point conversion sent the game into OT, but Broncos kicker Matt Prater silenced the comeback with a 48-yard field goal to win it. Unsurprisingly, Manning would walk off with MVP honors after tallying 322 yards in the air, three TDs and one interception.

Ridiculous, right? It’s just a video game! This sort of thing would never, ever happen in a real Super Bowl.

Except in the case of Madden predictions, it does. Often.

SoCalImport
01-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Just makes me want to play madden again. It's been 5 years. The game looks amazing

NightTrainLayne
01-27-2014, 09:35 PM
They do this every year. What is Madden's track record?

ShaneFalco
01-27-2014, 09:50 PM
They do this every year. What is Madden's track record?

- Super Bowl XLVII
Madden: Ravens, 27, 49ers, 24
Actual score: Ravens, 34, 49ers, 31

- Super Bowl XLVI
Madden: Giants, 27, Patriots, 24
Actual score: Giants, 21, Patriots, 17

- Super Bowl XLV
Madden: Steelers, 24, Packers, 20
Actual score: Packers, 31, Steelers, 25

- Super Bowl XLIV
Madden: Saints 35, Colts 31
Actual score: Saints 31, Colts 17

- Super Bowl XLIII
Madden: Steelers 28, Cardinals 24
Actual score: Steelers 27, Cardinals 23

- Super Bowl XLII
Madden: Patriots 38, Giants 30
Actual score: Giants 17, Patriots 14

- Super Bowl XLI
Madden: Colts 38, Bears 27
Actual score: Colts 29, Bears 17

- Super Bowl XL
Madden: Steelers 24, Seahawks 19
Actual score: Steelers 21, Seahawks 10

- Super Bowl XXXIX
Madden: Patriots 47, Eagles 31
Actual score: Patriots 24, Eagles 21

- Super Bowl XXXVIII
Madden: Patriots 23, Panthers 20
Actual Score: Patriots 32, Panthers 29:D:D

Joel
01-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Don't get me wrong, Maddens's long been pretty much the top NFL sim (and not just because the only one licensed :tongue:) and I think it's awesome AS a sim—but that's all it is. It's also long been geared toward big 'splosions, and no matter how many truck sticks they add most gamers won't pay top dollar for 3 yds and a cloud of dust all game. In that kind of game, the sexy ultra-modern passing powerhouse beats the stolid old school ground 'n pounder everytime. Sim F-1 cars beat jeeps with that audience, too: Which would you like to drive from Denver to the Super Bowl? ;)

If anything, I would be more alarmed that they took us to OT and we only won by a FG; if it was THAT close in a game heavily biased toward passing at runnings expense, how will reality go?

However: It's. MADDEN. It's pretty, fast, entertaining, based on real world metrics, strives for realistic play and can be instructive; Madden refused to put his name on anything that didn't do the last two. Yet Madden NFL still can't be the REAL NFL; the second should predict the first, but the first can't predict the second. Even if it could, an OT win by a FG isn't exactly a mortal lock. Cool story, but that's about all it is, IMHO. If that's all it was meant to be, my apologies for overreacting.

MOtorboat
01-27-2014, 10:59 PM
Don't get me wrong, Maddens's long been pretty much the top NFL sim (and not just because the only one licensed :tongue:) and I think it's awesome AS a sim—but that's all it is. It's also long been geared toward big 'splosions, and no matter how many truck sticks they add most gamers won't pay top dollar for 3 yds and a cloud of dust all game. In that kind of game, the sexy ultra-modern passing powerhouse beats the stolid old school ground 'n pounder everytime. Sim F-1 cars beat jeeps with that audience, too: Which would you like to drive from Denver to the Super Bowl? ;)

If anything, I would be more alarmed that they took us to OT and we only won by a FG; if it was THAT close in a game heavily biased toward passing at runnings expense, how will reality go?

However: It's. MADDEN. It's pretty, fast, entertaining, based on real world metrics, strives for realistic play and can be instructive; Madden refused to put his name on anything that didn't do the last two. Yet Madden NFL still can't be the REAL NFL; the second should predict the first, but the first can't predict the second. Even if it could, an OT win by a FG isn't exactly a mortal lock. Cool story, but that's about all it is, IMHO. If that's all it was meant to be, my apologies for overreacting.

You mean.

It's NOT REAL!

What have I been doing with my life?!

Joel
01-27-2014, 11:00 PM
You mean.

It's NOT REAL!

What have I been doing with my life?!
Just think of it as your Second Life. Does that thing even still exist?

DenBronx
01-28-2014, 05:25 AM
Looking back at the Patriots SB wins. They were unimpressive then are still are now.

Northman
01-28-2014, 05:31 AM
Well, Madden's track record is pretty solid but that doesnt mean anything come game time.

sneakers
01-28-2014, 07:28 AM
They showed Manning getting sacked and intercepted in teh first 10 seconds

This sim lost all credibility