PDA

View Full Version : Could Tim Tebow have lead this Broncos team to the super bowl?

aberdien
01-27-2014, 03:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfAEvnvIQAALeIE.jpg

Never change First Take.

slim
01-27-2014, 03:53 PM
:mad:

SR
01-27-2014, 03:56 PM
No.

Northman
01-27-2014, 03:59 PM
No.

^x10

Nomad
01-27-2014, 04:00 PM
:lol:
:fishing:

MOtorboat
01-27-2014, 04:01 PM
:pound:

Let me guess. Baybow said "yes."

Ziggy
01-27-2014, 04:09 PM
This is the 2nd Tebow thread since the Broncos made it to the super bowl. Please stop.

UnderArmour
01-27-2014, 04:25 PM
:rofl: I hope Stephen A. Smith just walked out on him. It's to be expected from First Take, but the serious answer to this is: No. Simply because any team Tebow would have "led" to a Super Bowl would more have been a product of them carrying him.

Assuming all of our players were healthy at the start of the year, stayed healthy(due to Tebow's healing powers), and Von Miller's suspension was lifted by Tim Tebow, it's possible. A defensive secondary with Champ, DRC, Chris Harris coupled with Von Miller could easily given offenses a hard time. With Decker, Welker, and DT to spread out defenses and Moreno/Montee Ball, Tebow could have rushed for over a thousand and thrown for another two thousand. Of course, Tebow's lack of ability to consistently throw the football would have resulted in us being more of a ground-and-pound team, putting the wins on Prater's leg and the defense/special teams pulling miracles from a hat. Still would have made the playoffs, but Kansas City may have gotten the better of us once or twice.

weazel
01-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Fml

LTC Pain
01-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Black hole this mother!

Broncolingus
01-27-2014, 05:05 PM
http://what-do-you-all-know-about.tk/sm/gtsmqcnp.gif

BroncoWave
01-27-2014, 05:24 PM
http://what-do-you-all-know-about.tk/sm/gtsmqcnp.gif

The point of this thread, I believe, is to make fun of Skip Bayless which makes it a completely reasonable thread!

artie_dale
01-27-2014, 05:33 PM
holy crap. I've never seen a man-love like I've seen with Skip Bayless' love for Tim Tebow. First off, Wes Welker would have never come here. Second off, NO! HELL FRICKEN NO! GEZUS F'N #*RY#@)#NFI!

TXBRONC
01-27-2014, 05:35 PM
No.

Nomad
01-27-2014, 05:36 PM
YES!

keeping the thread alive::lol:

camdisco24
01-27-2014, 05:39 PM
No... because all our WR's would have run so fast out of Denver, we'd be depleted on offense. Sorry Tebow, you were SO FUN to watch, but not sustainable.

spikerman
01-27-2014, 05:39 PM
He definitely could have! Peyton is nothing special; he's a product of the system. Go ahead, Peyton - prove me wrong on Sunday.... I double-dog dare you!

artie_dale
01-27-2014, 05:40 PM
He definitely could have! Peyton is nothing special; he's a product of the system. Go ahead, Peyton - prove me wrong on Sunday.... I double-dog dare you!

I like the way you talk (Slingblade).

Dapper Dan
01-27-2014, 05:42 PM
I like the way you talk (Slingblade).

You ort not talk 'at way. You just a boy.

Nomad
01-27-2014, 05:44 PM
SlingBayless: I reckon I like that boy....Mmmm.:D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Well, what did Skip say?

ShaneFalco
01-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Im a huge tim fan, but even i can admit, thats insane. Peyton had to break records to get to this point.

Simple Jaded
01-27-2014, 08:26 PM
At this point it's never been more obvious that Baseless has just been playing a role the entire time, he's always been the search light soul for Tebowmania but he probably thinks they're as ******* ridiculous as the rest of us do.

Dzone
01-27-2014, 08:33 PM
LOL...I like Tebow, but the best this team would be is 8-8 with him

DenBronx
01-27-2014, 11:40 PM
At this point it's never been more obvious that Baseless has just been playing a role the entire time, he's always been the search light soul for Tebowmania but he probably thinks they're as ******* ridiculous as the rest of us do.

Oh no doubt and it's comical people don't realize that is what he does. He debates things he truly doesn't believe just to boost ratings. And trust me, they don't struggle for ratings.

I find the show amusing.

DenBronx
01-27-2014, 11:42 PM
LOL...I like Tebow, but the best this team would be is 8-8 with him

I agree.....and I really like the guy too.

He's accomplished way more than most at his young age and should be very happy about that. Now that he is working with ESPN he will fit right in his element. I wish him luck.

Dzone
01-28-2014, 12:28 AM
Tebow would have dealt out more concussions than any quarterback in history. There has never been a qb who could truck people like Tebow could. Sucks that he couldnt throw the ball.
Oh well, it all worked out better here than we could have ever imagined..

Poet
01-28-2014, 12:49 AM
Yes.

On Madden.

SM19
01-28-2014, 02:56 AM

I think we'd all like to believe this, but it's just not true; the truth about Skip Bayless is far darker and more hideous than any of us are really prepared to deal with. By all accounts, Bayless spends most of his waking hours preparing for his show. Stop. Read that again. Imagine it. Imagine that Skip Bayless lives all sports, all the time, and still understands every one of them incredibly poorly. Consider that Skip watches more sports programming than at least 90% of jobless people in order to do a job that he could do just as well by downing seven shots of whiskey, gazing intently into a basketball, and then never even showing up at work because he accidentally asked his cab driver to take him to Bristol, Rhode Island. That's the @RealSkipBayless: A sub-moron who doesn't understand the sports he covers, is overwhelmingly attracted to shiny objects like Tim Tebow and the myth of clutch play, and is ultimately prized by ESPN for his ability (and, frequently, eagerness) to say stupid things with the utmost conviction, because he really, really does believe them.

MasterShake
01-28-2014, 08:54 AM
I actually think that conversation might have some traction if they replaced Seattle with Denver. Russell Wilson is basically a MUCH more polished version of Tebow from what I have seen. He waits for guys to get open before he throws it, scrambles to make things happen, etc.

Thank goodness we can laugh about threads like these while the real discussion is by how much the Broncos are going to beat the Seahawks in the Super Bowl!

Ravage!!!
01-28-2014, 11:41 AM
holy crap. I've never seen a man-love like I've seen with Skip Bayless' love for Tim Tebow. First off, Wes Welker would have never come here. Second off, NO! HELL FRICKEN NO! GEZUS F'N #*RY#@)#NFI!

Skip can't back away now, because it was his Tebow stance that brought him the most attention. It brought their debates to the forefront, and now that Tim is out of the NFL, he has to try EVERYTHING he can to keep that spotlight. He's milking it. Hell, its probably the producers that are urging him to do anything and everything to start those debates again.

But Skip can't back off the 'love' for Tebow. He's stuck his way so far up Tim's ass that there is no way to dig out.

artie_dale
01-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Skip can't back away now, because it was his Tebow stance that brought him the most attention. It brought their debates to the forefront, and now that Tim is out of the NFL, he has to try EVERYTHING he can to keep that spotlight. He's milking it. Hell, its probably the producers that are urging him to do anything and everything to start those debates again.

But Skip can't back off the 'love' for Tebow. He's stuck his way so far up Tim's ass that there is no way to dig out.

Oh, I'm 100% sure he's being nudged by his producers to keep talking about it. Definitely agree with you on this. I'll continue to just shake my head.

chazoe60
01-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Orton couldn't, that much I'm sure of. :D

Oh and I'm also sure that I don't give a ****. We're in the SB

nevcraw
01-28-2014, 11:09 PM
I am so proud of what Tebow did as a Bronco. He did nothing wrong, played his heart out and led the team from the basement to a playoff win after the darkest year in Broncos history.. Nothing but love for the kid. That was some of the gustiest football played in blue and orange. It was glorious!!!!

This page tearned 2 years ago and it's time to see Peyton, Champ, WW, Knighton, DRC, Welker, JT, DT ED, etc. etc. etc. play there asses off to get us to the top again.

Northman
01-29-2014, 05:42 AM
It was fun for what it was but he was never the long term answer. Glad to be done with it honestly and now we are in a position to seal the deal.

atwater27
01-29-2014, 08:16 AM
WTF has Tim Tebow ever done to you guys? SMH

Northman
01-29-2014, 08:52 AM
WTF has Tim Tebow ever done to you guys? SMH

I dont know, what has Maurice Clarett ever done to any of us? Marcus Nash? The list is endless.

atwater27
01-29-2014, 09:11 AM
I dont know, what has Maurice Clarett ever done to any of us? Marcus Nash? The list is endless.

Horrible comparison and analogy, North, and you know it.

EastCoastBronco
01-29-2014, 09:44 AM
I like Timmy Touchdown a lot.
The year he played for us was exciting as hell to watch.
Not sure he could have gotten us to a Super Bowl, but WTF do I know?

I do believe, however, that if we had played the divisional round against NE in Denver it would have been a lot closer game.
Foxboro is a tough out for any team.

Northman
01-29-2014, 10:11 AM
Horrible comparison and analogy, North, and you know it.

Well, if we are going by character or overall talent yes. But i just dont understand why there needs to be a pity party for a guy like Tebow. I think most people will agree he was exciting to watch at times and was a passionate player but its also ludicrous (not your fault or anyone on here) that a guy like Bayless would even be bringing something like that up at this time. Either way, it really has nothing to do with anything that Tebow did to any fans, its just its still baffling that a guy like Bayless would still bang the drum for a guy who is out of the league and not even on a NFL roster.

GEM
01-29-2014, 11:00 AM
TEBOW??? We're talkin about TEBOW???

WhaDaFuq??

EastCoastBronco
01-29-2014, 12:02 PM
TEBOW??? We're talkin about TEBOW???

WhaDaFuq??

No swearing...efssl...;-)

GEM
01-29-2014, 12:18 PM
No swearing...efssl...;-)

Like a sailor, buddy!!

Northman
01-29-2014, 12:22 PM
Like a sailor, buddy!!

You need to re-take that avatar pic Gem. Cant see the cleavage very well..... :)

LTC Pain
01-29-2014, 03:14 PM
Leadership can only push a team so far. At some point it becomes talent and execution. TT displays a boatload of the first (leadership), not so much of the second (talent/execution). Just look at the comparison and contrast with between TT and Mr. Manning and you will see what I mean :)

nevcraw
01-29-2014, 03:48 PM
something to ponder though: no TT and probably no Peyton. TT showed there was talent around at WR, OL and on defense because they kept us close. No way Peyton would have chosen a losing team to resurrect his career. Elway would have tried to draft luck and or RG3 if the KO led debacle continued. so there haters :-)

Ravage!!!
01-29-2014, 04:21 PM
something to ponder though: no TT and probably no Peyton. TT showed there was talent around at WR, OL and on defense because they kept us close. No way Peyton would have chosen a losing team to resurrect his career. Elway would have tried to draft luck and or RG3 if the KO led debacle continued. so there haters :-)

I don't think so at all.

Ravage!!!
01-29-2014, 04:22 PM
As Slim pointed out, TT could NOT have taken this team to the Super Bowl, but he probably could have done what Wilson did with Seattle.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-29-2014, 05:33 PM
As Slim pointed out, TT could NOT have taken this team to the Super Bowl, but he probably could have done what Wilson did with Seattle.

That's really hard to say, and I'm a big Tebow fan. Russel has a pretty high completion percentage (65%). He also doesn't turn the ball over.

Ravage!!!
01-29-2014, 05:39 PM
That's really hard to say, and I'm a big Tebow fan. Russel has a pretty high completion percentage (65%). He also doesn't turn the ball over.

Im exaggerating, but Wilson has been VERY average since their bye week, and through the playoffs he's looked bad. Ask Ron Jaworski on Russel Wilson's play since their bye and what he sees. He said that Wilson has been missing normal, average, throws and his accuracy from the pocket is poor. Ron is saying that teams are 'mush rushing' him to keep him in the pocket and try and find passing lanes from his 5'10" frame. They don't ask Wilson to do a lot in th epassing game, and that's pretty much how Denver approached TT. DON' T let Tim throw the ball!!

nevcraw
01-29-2014, 06:35 PM
I don't think so at all.

good debate, great points.

Simple Jaded
01-29-2014, 08:32 PM

Well to be fair, the Broncos went 8-8 with Kyle Orton too, if Manning can look at what Denver did with Tebow as a positive he certainly could do the same with Orton had he remained the starter through the end of 2011.

ShaneFalco
01-29-2014, 08:38 PM
tebow did not go 8-8 in denver.

besides, i wouldnt bash tim during sb week. Its a bad omen.

MOtorboat
01-29-2014, 08:39 PM
Yeah guys! He went 9-7.

Simple Jaded
01-29-2014, 08:49 PM
tebow did not go 8-8 in denver.

besides, i wouldnt bash tim during sb week. Its a bad omen.

The Broncos were 8-8 in 2011.

Btw, bashing Tim is a bad omen yet you bash Kellen Clemens, Brock Osweiler and Sam Bradford is perfectly fine?

artie_dale
01-30-2014, 02:40 PM
Thus another reason why this team would not have made it to the SB with Tim Tebow:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10376275/super-bowl-peyton-manning-denver-broncos-says-throws-touchdown-ducks

Wide receiver Demaryius Thomas has been named to the Pro Bowl in each of Manning's seasons as a Broncos starter and this year finished with 92 catches, 1,430 yards and 14 touchdowns. Eric Decker has had both of his career 1,000-yard seasons with Manning at quarterback.

In other words, these guy's production wouldn't be nearly as good.

claymore
01-30-2014, 02:42 PM
Thus another reason why this team would not have made it to the SB with Tim Tebow:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10376275/super-bowl-peyton-manning-denver-broncos-says-throws-touchdown-ducks

In other words, these guy's production wouldn't be nearly as good.

We should have signed all our WR's to long term deals when Tebow was here!

ShaneFalco
01-30-2014, 08:50 PM

Btw, bashing Tim is a bad omen yet you bash Kellen Clemens, Brock Osweiler and Sam Bradford is perfectly fine?

jesus dude get a ******* grip. Your hate for tebow doesnt mean you get to hang on my nuts everytime i post about him.

It was a joke. I dont ******* bash oz or bradford. seriously. just stop.

Worst i have said about Clemens is that he is a journeyman.

OMG BAShING!!!! /wrists :marchmellow:

Gimme a ******* kit kat bitch

Simple Jaded
01-31-2014, 12:52 AM
jesus dude get a ******* grip. Your hate for tebow doesnt mean you get to hang on my nuts everytime i post about him.

It was a joke. I dont ******* bash oz or bradford. seriously. just stop.

Worst i have said about Clemens is that he is a journeyman.

OMG BAShING!!!! /wrists :marchmellow:

Gimme a ******* kit kat bitch

You said Osweiler was Kyle Orton v2.0, and have replaced Bradford/Clemens with every shitty QB out there. That's no better than some of the thing I've said about Tebow.

Tuck in your skirt Princess, if you insist on swinging from Teebs short and curlies you're putting yourself out there for this discussion.

UnderArmour
01-31-2014, 12:48 PM

Tebow did not start all 18 games in 2011. As MO said, he went 1-2 in 2010 and then 8-5(1-1 postseason) in 2011, so he's 9-7.

Simple Jaded
01-31-2014, 01:09 PM
Tebow did not start all 18 games in 2011. As MO said, he went 1-2 in 2010 and then 8-5(1-1 postseason) in 2011, so he's 9-7.

The team went 8-8 the year before Manning chose Denver, this is about what Manning thinks of what they did with Orton and what they did with Tebow. They went 8-8 in '09 with mostly Orton and even equalled the same record in '11 with a combination of Orton and Tebow.

This is about what Manning musta been thinking when he chose Denver, I sincerely doubt he cares about Tebow's 9-7 any more than I do.

Broncolingus
01-31-2014, 01:41 PM
Apologies if this was posted before, but it's pretty good...and relevant!

http://youtu.be/xTaH-OtUv94

Northman
01-31-2014, 01:51 PM
Great commercial. He should stick to doing those.

Ravage!!!
01-31-2014, 01:56 PM
Funny commercial.. that's pretty cool.

FanInAZ
01-31-2014, 02:38 PM
Apologies if this was posted before, but it's pretty good...and relevant!

http://youtu.be/xTaH-OtUv94

I just so this & was going to post it, but you beat me to it :mad:

For all of you Tebois you insisted that we'd see Tebow in a SB someday, I guess you're right after all.

jessica18
01-31-2014, 04:20 PM
I don't believe he has the talent to take any team to the super bowl right now...maybe after a few years of being 1st string but even now who is going to give him that chance ...??

FanInAZ
01-31-2014, 05:16 PM
I don't believe he has the talent to take any team to the super bowl right now...maybe after a few years of being 1st string but even now who is going to give him that chance ...??

How is he going to develop into a starting NFL when he's not on anyone's roster right now? Yes, he can hire privet tutors to work on his footwork & throwing motion, but there's so much more to being a NFL QB that you can only develop going against opposing defensive players.

Meanwhile, the NFL isn't turning off the flood of fresh collage QBs with their own dreams of being starting QBs so Tebow can have time to develop. He's but 1 of 47 QBs to be drafted into the league since 2010.

11 1st round (including Tebow)
5 2nd round
4 3rd round
6 4th round
5 5th round
5 6th round
10 7th round

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2010&year_max=2013&type=&round_min=1&round_max=30&slot_min=1&slot_max=500&league_id=&team_id=&pos=QB&college_id=all&conference=any&show=all

If you include UDFA who walk on & at least make the practice squad, the number is well about 50. In another 3 years, half of those QBs will be joined by another 50+ fresh new QBs with dreams of being a starting NFL QBs. This doesn't include proven quality QBs that will undoubtedly still be in the league (like Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger, etc.). They maybe not all be considered "elite," but good enough to where a competing QB is going to have to be pretty good to beat them out.

Tebow, he'll be 29 years old & needing to prove that some should give him one more chance instead of give all of these younger QBs their 1st chance. That's going to be a tough sell. :nod:

Broncolingus
01-31-2014, 06:37 PM
I just so this & was going to post it, but you beat me to it :mad:

For all of you Tebois you insisted that we'd see Tebow in a SB someday, I guess you're right after all.

Next one's all you, brother!