PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to the Super Bowl!

VonDoom
01-27-2014, 02:26 PM
I wanted to wait until I had the ticket in hand to post this, but I just couldn't wait anymore. On Sunday, I will be attending my first ever Super Bowl in my own (relatively close) backyard of East Rutherford, NJ. I thought my football season couldn't get any better after my trip to Denver in December, but there I will be, rooting on my team in what is ostensibly my home stadium.

I know a lot of people are complaining about the fact that this game is in NY, due to the weather (which on last check looks great - high of 38 and "plenty of sun" according to the weather channel, with a 20% chance of precipitation and no real wind) and the corporate types that will be there for "the event" and not the game itself (which I assume is true of most Super Bowls). But I assure you, no matter how many stuffy suits are out there braving the cold and sitting in silence, at least one Bronco fan will be there, wearing orange and yelling as loudly as he can (at least when the Seahawks have the ball).

Oh, and guys, we've got this in the bag now. It's a FACT that the Broncos are undefeated (1-0) when I see them live this year. It's science!

artie_dale
01-27-2014, 02:34 PM
Dude, that's awesome. Congrats and... layer up.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-27-2014, 02:35 PM
I wanted to wait until I had the ticket in hand to post this, but I just couldn't wait anymore. On Sunday, I will be attending my first ever Super Bowl in my own (relatively close) backyard of East Rutherford, NJ. I thought my football season couldn't get any better after my trip to Denver in December, but there I will be, rooting on my team in what is ostensibly my home stadium.

I know a lot of people are complaining about the fact that this game is in NY, due to the weather (which on last check looks great - high of 38 and "plenty of sun" according to the weather channel, with a 20% chance of precipitation and no real wind) and the corporate types that will be there for "the event" and not the game itself (which I assume is true of most Super Bowls). But I assure you, no matter how many stuffy suits are out there braving the cold and sitting in silence, at least one Bronco fan will be there, wearing orange and yelling as loudly as he can (at least when the Seahawks have the ball).

Oh, and guys, we've got this in the bag now. It's a FACT that the Broncos are undefeated (1-0) when I see them live this year. It's science!

CONGRATULATIONS - that is great for you

VonDoom
01-27-2014, 02:37 PM
Dude, that's awesome. Congrats and... layer up.

Thanks! And yes, I'm prepared for the cold. The game I went to in Denver this year (vs. the Titans) was 18 at kickoff so I expect something similar here (though longer with all the commercials and the halftime show)

NightTrainLayne
01-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Awesome!

We are also 1-0 in that stadium this year. :D

Northman
01-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Have fun, be sure to bring a sign that says "This one is for Northman". :)

chazoe60
01-27-2014, 02:47 PM
Congrats man. That's awesome.

Drown out any Seahags fans that may be there.

Oh and we expect a detailed recounting of what it was like to be there, unless they lose, then it shall never be spoken of again.

Nomad
01-27-2014, 02:50 PM
What's your record in attending BRONCO games?

If they start losing.......leave the game.TIA. :D j/k have fun and hope it's a great experience.

chazoe60
01-27-2014, 02:53 PM
Thank God Northman isn't going to the game.

underrated29
01-27-2014, 03:00 PM
Thats sick!!!

Just out of curiosity how much do tix run for the big dance? I think I will attend next years to watch us defend the title.

MOtorboat
01-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Congrats. That's awesome.

VonDoom
01-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Awesome!

We are also 1-0 in that stadium this year. :D

Yes! I'll add that to the good karma list (though the Seahawks are also 1-0 there this year, so maybe they cancel each other out?)

VonDoom
01-27-2014, 03:04 PM
Congrats man. That's awesome.

Drown out any Seahags fans that may be there.

Oh and we expect a detailed recounting of what it was like to be there, unless they lose, then it shall never be spoken of again.

Yes, I hope to be floating on air for days afterward, at which point I will have plenty to say about the game and the experience.

VonDoom
01-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Thats sick!!!

Just out of curiosity how much do tix run for the big dance? I think I will attend next years to watch us defend the title.

Tickets are absurdly expensive, as I expected, but they're actually coming down in the last few days, maybe due to fear of the weather or people not wanting to get stuck with tickets. You could get a "cheap seat" for about $1500 as of this morning. My caveat is that I'm not paying for this ticket myself, though (long story), as I certainly wouldn't have that much to plunk down on one game, even if it is the Super Bowl.

Nomad
01-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Thank God Northman isn't going to the game.

Yeah, it would be a sure win for the Seahawks:lol:! Put your life savings x 100 on the Seahawks, then retire.:D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-27-2014, 03:15 PM
Congrats dude!

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
01-27-2014, 03:41 PM
Jealous beyond belief. Have tons of fun and have a beer or two for me if that isn't too much to ask :)

VonDoom
01-27-2014, 03:53 PM
Jealous beyond belief. Have tons of fun and have a beer or two for me if that isn't too much to ask :)

I suppose I can do that :beer:

Tned
01-27-2014, 04:07 PM
know a lot of people are complaining about the fact that this game is in NY, due to the weather (which on last check looks great - high of 38 and "plenty of sun" according to the weather channel, with a 20% chance of precipitation and no real wind) and the corporate types that will be there for "the event" and not the game itself (which I assume is true of most Super Bowls). But I assure you, no matter how many stuffy suits are out there braving the cold and sitting in silence, at least one Bronco fan will be there, wearing orange and yelling as loudly as he can (at least when the Seahawks have the ball).

Awesome. Scream loud and celebrate a Broncos victory!!!

weazel
01-27-2014, 04:31 PM
if everyone here gives me 20 or 30 bucks I will go to the game as well...

Joel
01-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Tickets are absurdly expensive, as I expected, but they're actually coming down in the last few days, maybe due to fear of the weather or people not wanting to get stuck with tickets. You could get a "cheap seat" for about $1500 as of this morning. My caveat is that I'm not paying for this ticket myself, though (long story), as I certainly wouldn't have that much to plunk down on one game, even if it is the Super Bowl.
Yeah, I saw an ESPN article saying they started at $2100 but fell fast due to fears of weather and (ironically) reduced demand because everyone just assumed the price would be astronomical. "If you have to ask the price" and all that. One thing the article said that surprised me is that this years tickets are going for less than last years. Way to promote that brand, Roger! ;)

Anyway, that's incredible that you'll actually be there in person to see the team play a Super Bowl; how many fans can say that? Hopes and prayers it's the best game of your life. :salute:

weazel
01-27-2014, 05:40 PM
if you look on ebay, the ticket brokers tickets look to be going for a good price right up until a few minutes before the end of the auction and then they skyrocket, but are then posted back onto ebay later as a relisted item. So.... they are bidding on their own tickets to jack the price up and if they dont get what they want they buy it themselves and relist it.

olathebroncofan
01-28-2014, 01:04 AM
That is awesome. Let us know where you are sitting so while I'm in my cozy blanket gnawing on the last of my tbone and ribs, I can say to my friends, "hey, I know a guy sitting in that section". Please make a large sign that says,"Doom, I wish you were here" or ,"my friend was going to join me, but his fax machine didn't work" that way we know it's you.

Congrats and represent well.