PDA

View Full Version : Adams gets chills from long-awaited playoff success

MOtorboat
01-26-2014, 01:26 PM
This is pretty cool. Mike Adams grew up about 10 miles from the stadium, and went to high school about five miles away.

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/broncos_mike_adams_raised_in_paterson_gets_chills_ from_long-awaited_playoff_success.html

Broncos' Mike Adams, raised in Paterson, gets chills from long-awaited playoff success

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Mike Adams felt chills as the Broncos’ home crowd roared and celebrated the final seconds of last Sunday’s AFC divisional round victory against San Diego. Emotions overwhelmed Adams, Denver’s free safety and a 10-year NFL veteran who had never played on a team that won a playoff game.

Adams will turn 33 years old in March, and he has already squeezed so much out of a football career that began in the troubled Paterson neighborhood where he grew up, almost ended because of an injury in college, and crept humbly into the NFL, during his first training camp as an undrafted free agent, when he was so burdened by stress and his mother’s death that he could not see, could not hear and felt like his head was caving in.

Adams earned every bit of those joyous chills, and he wants to feel them again after this Sunday’s AFC Championship Game against the Patriots. He wants to squeeze just a little bit more out of another Sunday – the only thing standing between him and a homecoming Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium.

Joel
01-26-2014, 03:50 PM
Nice article, and nice story. Evidently they did a follow up piece after we won the AFCCG and raised the stakes yet again for Adams: http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/super_bowl_2014_broncos_safety_mike_adams_says_hes _walking_back_to_paterson_after_win.html

I REALLY like Adams, and have since we signed him, because, IMHO, he's the closest thing to the kind of centerfielder I like at FS. I never understood why we had him at SS, but F/SS is so interchangeable on so many teams now it seemed not to matter. Still, when this season started, I really wished we had Adams covering the back end of the field while Ihenacho ran around hitting people. I HATE how it happened but, lo and behold, that's where we are.

Simple Jaded
01-26-2014, 04:56 PM
Knowshon, Adams and Phillips, lotta NJ talent on Denver team.

Dzone
01-26-2014, 08:15 PM
Knowshon, Adams and Phillips, lotta NJ talent on Denver team.
Ayers too, he was born in Jersey City. I dont know if he grew up there