PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl: What will you be making?

tomjonesrocks
01-24-2014, 04:09 PM
Like most I am sure, I'll be having some people over. I haven't decided what all I'm making, but I will be making a Buffalo Chicken dip I've made numerous times which has proven popular:

What else should I make? Suggestions appreciated.

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
12 ounces Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (Original)
12 oz. jar Marie’s Blue Cheese Dressing
8 oz. pkg. Cream Cheese
2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese (an 8 oz. bag will be enough)

• Boil chicken until tender – drain completely (I usually cook the chicken in my crock-pot overnight)
• Using two forks, shred chicken
• Pour Frank’s Hot Sauce on chicken and mix together
• Using a hand mixer, combine blue cheese dressing and cream cheese
• Pour over chicken and mix together
• Mix in shredded Cheddar Cheese
• Put into a 9X13 baking dish and bake @ 350° for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly

BroncoNut
01-24-2014, 04:16 PM
love. I will be making love with my hand

slim
01-24-2014, 04:18 PM
I am not inviting anyone over.

Not sure what I will make yet. Zam, where is that chili recipe of yours? Maybe I'll make that.

WTE
01-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Rock soup.

CoachChaz
01-24-2014, 04:22 PM
I'll be making my wife get me a beer every few minutes.

GEM
01-24-2014, 04:24 PM
We'll be making enchilada pie! We've never lost when we make it on Broncos Sunday! :D

BroncoNut
01-24-2014, 04:26 PM
I am not inviting anyone over.

Not sure what I will make yet. Zam, where is that chili recipe of yours? Maybe I'll make that.

good stuff. I made it a few times. I'll see if I can dig it up and post on here again.

slim
01-24-2014, 04:28 PM
good stuff. I made it a few times. I'll see if I can dig it up and post on here again.

I rememeber you said that you liked it quite a bit. Plus I haven't had chili in a long time...too long.

chazoe60
01-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Seahawk stew

Northman
01-24-2014, 04:33 PM
I think i shall make the beer wench cook up some chili, maybe order some old bay wings, and chips and salsa.

Skinny
01-24-2014, 04:37 PM
The commissary had a good deal on boneless beef ribs last weekend so i picked up a couple of packs of those, mashed potatoes, buttered garlic bread, and some moms home made cole slaw.

weazel
01-24-2014, 04:40 PM
we'll be making whoopie.

oh sorry, I thought I was on the newlywed game for a second

BroncoJoe
01-24-2014, 04:50 PM
I'll have to see what the wife has planned. I'm not allowed in the kitchen unless it's clean-up duty.

I did replace our kitchen faucet today though. Slow day "at work".

olathebroncofan
01-24-2014, 04:55 PM
Love!!!

GEM
01-24-2014, 04:55 PM
The commissary had a good deal on boneless beef ribs last weekend so i picked up a couple of packs of those, mashed potatoes, buttered garlic bread, and some moms home made cole slaw.

Skinny....the commissary? Sounds like you are being detained for the game. :shocked: :lol:

Timmy!
01-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Myself drunk

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-24-2014, 04:59 PM
We'll probably smash up some black beans and make a bean and green chili dip with fresh garlic. Oh yeah-

weazel
01-24-2014, 05:01 PM
it depends on the weather, if it's as nice as it is now I will be smoking up some pork butts and doing pulled pork.

slim
01-24-2014, 05:12 PM
I need Pag to tell me which poutine gravy mix to buy.

Weazel, maybe you can help with that, since Pag has gone fag.

weazel
01-24-2014, 05:38 PM
I need Pag to tell me which poutine gravy mix to buy.

Weazel, maybe you can help with that, since Pag has gone fag.

original poutine gravy is chicken gravy but I like beef gravy. If you're making a roast before hand than definitely make your own. If you are getting a mix, get St. Hubert. I have used Club House's as well and it isn't bad. Really, its personal preference, use a gravy YOU like the taste of. The cheese curds are really important though, from what I have heard Tillamook has some good curds but I dont think any are as good as the Quebec stuff unfortunately.
Compared to here cheese is cheap in the US but unless you buy the best of the best, it tastes like ass.

slim
01-24-2014, 05:44 PM
original poutine gravy is chicken gravy but I like beef gravy. If you're making a roast before hand than definitely make your own. If you are getting a mix, get St. Hubert. I have used Club House's as well and it isn't bad. Really, its personal preference, use a gravy YOU like the taste of. The cheese curds are really important though, from what I have heard Tillamook has some good curds but I dont think any are as good as the Quebec stuff unfortunately.
Compared to here cheese is cheap in the US but unless you buy the best of the best, it tastes like ass.

I would prefer to make my own, but I wanted to do it authentic and Pag said he always uses a mix (which seemed weird to me).

I have seen some curds around but haven't paid that much attention (I just assumed they would all be similiar). Thanks for the tip. I will have to investigate.

slim
01-27-2014, 12:54 PM
I'll have to see what the wife has planned. I'm not allowed in the kitchen unless it's clean-up duty.

I did replace our kitchen faucet today though. Slow day "at work".

Joe, what's on the menu?

Nomad
01-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Seachicken Gumbo:D

A good gumbo sounds good though.

NightTrainLayne
01-27-2014, 02:51 PM
I'm smoking a Boston Butt for pulled pork. I might do a rack or two of ribs as well. We're having a few friends over (we watched both previous SB wins with friends), and they'll be bringing some good stuff as well.

Day1BroncoFan
01-27-2014, 06:36 PM
I'm having some pot roast with mashed seahawk.

Slick
01-27-2014, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure yet. I need to get on it.

WTE
01-27-2014, 08:36 PM
Papa John's.

WTE
01-27-2014, 08:36 PM
I know, gross, right?

Dzone
01-27-2014, 08:59 PM
Papa John's.
Some of the worst pizza ever made

BroncoNut
01-28-2014, 09:11 AM
I rememeber you said that you liked it quite a bit. Plus I haven't had chili in a long time...too long.

the first time I made it I brought it on a ski trip and the folks really liked it. That Zam knows his ish.

Dzone
01-28-2014, 11:41 AM
Shouldnt Papa Johns employees get Sunday night off for the game? I will feel bad for them if they have to work. So bad that I might order a papa johns pizza and give the driver a $20 tip, even though their pizza tastes like crap

BroncoWave
01-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Shouldnt Papa Johns employees get Sunday night off for the game? I will feel bad for them if they have to work. So bad that I might order a papa johns pizza and give the driver a $20 tip, even though their pizza tastes like crap

Any pizza place would be absolutely retarded to close during the Super Bowl. Sucks for the employees, but that's how it works.

Dzone
01-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Any pizza place would be absolutely retarded to close during the Super Bowl. Sucks for the employees, but that's how it works.
Ya I was being a bit facetious there. Papa johns is going to be ringing off the hook during the game, since that papa john guy will be in multiple commercials. He is bringing in Joe Montana to join him with manning during a super bowl commercial for papa johns, a back to the future commercial with montana in the car...I think they are going to give away free pizzas after the game. Thats what archie said.

WTE
01-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Jerry Jones owns over 100 Papa Johns in Texas.

Nomad
02-02-2014, 12:26 AM
All the stuff for the gumbo has been prepped, tomorrow morning I put the gumbo on and let it simmer, then by game time......c'est bon!

tubby
02-02-2014, 01:17 AM
Ribs, shrimp, green chile quesadillas, crab dip, and Japs.

NightTrainLayne
02-02-2014, 01:28 AM
My Butt has been in the smoker (BGE) for about an hour now. 17 hours should be perfect.

Took me forever to get the pit stabilized at the right temp. It's windy as hell out here.

FanInAZ
02-02-2014, 01:32 AM
I'm going to meet up with a group of local Broncos fans that I've never met, at a restraint that I don't know :D

There's a website that I've mentioned once or twice before on this site, meetup.com. It's were you can find special interest/social groups in your area. I 1st came across it back when I was diagnosed with Autism & was looking for a support group. I've know about this Broncos group for about 3 years now, but they tend to meet up in parts of the valley that are unfeasible for those in my part of the valley to get to by public transportation. They've been moving the location around this year & finally picked a place 2 week ago that was reasonable for me to get to & from, but I came down with a cold the Friday before. Its going to be at the same place tomorrow & I'm 100% healthy, so nothings stopping me from going.

Looking at the address, think its a former Boston sports lounge that I went to a few times several years ago, but I won't be certain until I get there.

Davii
02-02-2014, 01:43 AM
Cajun pulled beef on fresh onion buns with avacado and swiss cheese. For snacks tortilla chips and homemade guacamole.

After the game I will make merry and celebrate the Broncos third Super Bowl victory.

aberdien
02-02-2014, 02:40 AM
BBQ chicken pizzas and orange crush. Keeping it simple.

tomjonesrocks
02-02-2014, 06:02 AM
Some of the worst pizza ever made

I think it's barely passable fresh in a cheap pizza capacity, but for whatever reason that stuff is inedible left over.

Jaws
02-02-2014, 06:29 AM
I've had a cook up this morning.
Made coconut chicken, a bacon, leek and pepper frittata and some kale chips.

WTE
02-02-2014, 08:11 AM
BBQ chicken pizzas and orange crush. Keeping it simple.

Correction: Plain cheese pizza and orange crush. Keeping it simpler.

LOL

olathebroncofan
02-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Not much for me today. Just a t-bone. I will have it on the grill by 3 pm cst. Hope it comes out right.

Nomad
02-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Cajun pulled beef on fresh onion buns with avacado and swiss cheese. For snacks tortilla chips and homemade guacamole.

After the game I will make merry and celebrate the Broncos third Super Bowl victory.

Can't go wrong with Cajun.

PatriotsGuy
02-03-2014, 11:16 AM

What's the recipe for the beef? I also think you need to change that avvy or I will be forced to resort to one that you won't like

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-03-2014, 11:33 AM
The bean dip was really good. We mash up black beans, mix in garlic, green chilies and olive oil. Complimented with sour cream, it's delicious. We also had some drummettes. I baked them in the oven with oil for about 25 minutes, basted them with spicy bbq sauce and served.

I have to admit though, the food wasn't very fun with the way game started off with mutliple melt downs.

weazel
02-03-2014, 12:47 PM
was going to smoke some pork butts and make pulled pork but instead we had gnocchi... it was unbelievably good! Almost made up for the game.

PatriotsGuy
02-03-2014, 01:01 PM
slim I want your chicken chili recipe too

slim
02-03-2014, 01:07 PM
slim I want your chicken chili recipe too

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/11/chipotle-chicken-chili/

I was pretty drunk by the time I ate, so I can't really say if it's any good. I will eat some tonight though.

Dzone
02-03-2014, 01:16 PM
I had a shit sandwich during the game

PatriotsGuy
02-03-2014, 01:58 PM
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/11/chipotle-chicken-chili/

I was pretty drunk by the time I ate, so I can't really say if it's any good. I will eat some tonight though.

Oh it's our old stand by, pioneer woman. I'll give it a try.

WTE
02-03-2014, 02:02 PM
I made some of the Pioneer Women's Mulligatawny yesterday and brought it to the Super Bowl party. Everybody loved it.

However her recipe is a little bland. I added Celery, carrots and a little cumin, ground thyme and a dash of cayenne.

PatriotsGuy
02-03-2014, 02:05 PM
I made some of the Pioneer Women's Mulligatawny yesterday and brought it to the Super Bowl party. Everybody loved it.

However her recipe is a little bland. I added Celery, carrots and a little cumin, ground thyme and a dash of cayenne.

Is that the one I wanted to make? I lose track

WTE
02-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Is that the one I wanted to make? I lose track

It's the one where you add granny smith apples at the end. We've made it twice already. It's my wife's favorite soup.

PatriotsGuy
02-03-2014, 02:26 PM
It's the one where you add granny smith apples at the end. We've made it twice already. It's my wife's favorite soup.

Yeah that's the one I linked you to. Your wife owes me.

WTE
02-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Yeah that's the one I linked you to. Your wife owes me.

Did your wife make it?

PatriotsGuy
02-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Did your wife make it?

No, not yet. I have to remind her of it again. I'm always throwing things at her that she should make.

slim
02-03-2014, 02:39 PM
No, not yet. I have to remind her of it again. I'm always throwing things at her that she should make.

Did you ever try the green chili recipe from sam's #3?

PatriotsGuy
02-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Did you ever try the green chili recipe from sam's #3?

No! I became afraid because you said it looked all wrong

slim
02-03-2014, 03:16 PM
No! I became afraid because you said it looked all wrong

No, no, no. I said it looked legit. Man, your eyes really are bad!

BroncoJoe
02-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Wife made nachos. Excellent.

Just made a burrito out of the leftovers for lunch.

PatriotsGuy
02-03-2014, 03:21 PM
No, no, no. I said it looked legit. Man, your eyes really are bad!

No there was one ingredient and you said it seemed like a ton of that one particular ingredient so I put the brakes on it. You were probably drunk

slim
02-03-2014, 03:23 PM
No there was one ingredient and you said it seemed like a ton of that one particular ingredient so I put the brakes on it. You were probably drunk

I wasn't drunk. I know because I don't drink at work and also because I remember the converstation.

Try the recipe and let me know what you think.

PatriotsGuy
02-03-2014, 03:41 PM
I wasn't drunk. I know because I don't drink at work and also because I remember the converstation.

Try the recipe and let me know what you think.

I need to put it back on the list then

slim
02-03-2014, 03:42 PM
I need to put it back on the list then

Ok, but be careful. I think the recipe calls for too many green chilis.

PatriotsGuy
02-03-2014, 03:55 PM
arrggghh I'm keeping it OFF the list.

supportminger
03-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Hi, I think, my daughter and I will be making cheesy mashed potato later as a request of the whole family. We usually make one but without cheese. Actually , this will be our first try. Wish us goodluck:)

SR
03-10-2015, 09:19 PM
Hi, I think, my daughter and I will be making cheesy mashed potato later as a request of the whole family. We usually make one but without cheese. Actually , this will be our first try. Wish us goodluck:)

Already planning for next year?