PDA

View Full Version : Rank Denver's Post-TD RBs ....

omac
11-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Obviously, we haven't seen a whole lot yet from Young and Hall; how would you rank these Bronco RB's in terms of ability, not necessarily if they did produce (i.e. Anderson would be used a lot in one season, then sparringly as a RB in another); just in pure ability.

Olandis Gary
Mike Anderson
Clinton Portis
Reuben Droughns
Ron Dayne
Tatum Bell
Mike Bell
Travis Henry
Selvin Young
Andre Hall

Tned
11-28-2007, 02:15 PM
It's a little hard to do, because it can be hard to seperate production from ability, especially in this offensive scheme.

One back was heads and shoulders above the rest, and that is CP:
Clinton Portis

The rest gets muddied:

Mike Anderson
Travis Henry
Reuben Droughns (rushed for as many yards as starter in cleveland, as in Denver)
Olandis Gary (based on what he did, or didn't, do after leaving Denver)
Tatum Bell (could be higher, but because of how he was used, who knows)
Mike Bell
Ron Dayne

Selvin Young (simply too soon, but he looks good)
Andre Hall (ditto, too soon)

DenBronx
11-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Clinton Portis (how could this even be debated?)
Mike Anderson (good solid player for years)
Travis Henry (if he wasnt injured....)
Olandis Gary (im on the fence)
Reuben Droughns (better than both bells)
Tatum Bell (change of pace...nothing more)
Mike Bell ( 8 tds as an undrafted rookie...not bad)
Selvin Young (kids got talent, could be a star)
Andre Hall (gets tough yards and is quick, could be a star)
Ron Dayne ( glad he was cut, no room for one hit wonders)

Lonestar
11-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Clinton Portis (how could this even be debated?)Mike Anderson (good solid player for years)
Travis Henry (if he wasnt injured....)
Olandis Gary (im on the fence)
Reuben Droughns (better than both bells)
Tatum Bell (change of pace...nothing more)
Mike Bell ( 8 tds as an undrafted rookie...not bad)
Selvin Young (kids got talent, could be a star)
Andre Hall (gets tough yards and is quick, could be a star)
Ron Dayne ( glad he was cut, no room for one hit wonders)

Other than tater you just about on the mark.. I also liked Ron and Q both real humble guys.

DenBronx
11-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Other than tater you just about on the mark.. I also liked Ron and Q both real humble guys.

Q would go above ron dayne.

Lonestar
11-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Q would go above Ron dayne..

Neither were in the right spot at the right time..

I wish Ron well in HOU esp since he is working for Gary now..

Most folks got turned off by the dayne trayne fanatics. Probably all girlfriends or family that disappeared when he left..

omac
11-28-2007, 02:47 PM
I actually like Henry over Portis;

Travis Henry
Clinton Portis
Mike Anderson
Andre Hall
Selvin Young
Reuben Droughns
Mike Bell
Tatum Bell
Ron Dayne

Didn't rate Olandis Gary; I don't remember seeing him ... probably due to poor NFL coverage here during that time.

underrated29
11-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Obviously, we haven't seen a whole lot yet from Young and Hall; how would you rank these Bronco RB's in terms of ability, not necessarily if they did produce (i.e. Anderson would be used a lot in one season, then sparringly as a RB in another); just in pure ability.

Olandis Gary
Mike Anderson
Clinton Portis
Reuben Droughns
Ron Dayne
Tatum Bell
Mike Bell
Travis Henry
Selvin Young
Andre Hall

portis
henry
ron dayne (yes, dayne)
hall (based on what have shown so far)
young (based on what has shown so far)
gary
droughns
anderson
m bell
t bell

* portis takes tops as we know how well he did. Henry im would go there, but injury etc. makes him #2. Dayne always produced with us and i think is THE MOST underrated back we have had (not just the turkey day game either). Gary i put above droughns only because he was younger and faster and didnt fumble as much i belive. Anderson sinks beneath droughns for the same reason, not as fast as above player, and older. very consistent, but nothing more. Then the bells- mike is better, but not a pounder and not a speedster. Which equals less then the above mentioned guys. I rank tatum with Q and cobbs- Not good nfl rbs

Astrass
11-28-2007, 04:06 PM
I actually like Henry over Portis;

Travis Henry
Clinton Portis
Mike Anderson
Andre Hall
Selvin Young
Reuben Droughns
Mike Bell
Tatum Bell
Ron Dayne

Didn't rate Olandis Gary; I don't remember seeing him ... probably due to poor NFL coverage here during that time.

Henry over Portis? seriously? What has Henry done for us??

Requiem / The Dagda
11-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Personally, I'd only rank Portis.

NameUsedBefore
11-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Clinton Portis
Mike Anderson
Reuben Droughns

As "Broncos" RBs only. Everyone else is kinda blah.

topscribe
11-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Personally, I'd only rank Portis.

Well, Portis and MA. I really believe MA would have been terrific, were his
talents not wasted at FB for too many years.

As for the rest of them, I don't believe most had enough time at the position.
Henry hasn't done anything special for the Broncos yet, mainly because of
injuries, but even then it's only his first year here. I don't believe Young merits
consideration because of the time factor.

Portis, and maybe MA. That's it, IMHO.

-----

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
11-28-2007, 06:31 PM
anderson is best

omac
11-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Henry over Portis? seriously? What has Henry done for us??

I just like the way he runs; seems like a real perfect fit for the Broncos, had it not been for the injuries and the weed.

underrated29
11-29-2007, 06:03 PM
im with ya omac, if henry were healthy for 16 games i would rank him higher. But its to early to tell.

Lonestar
11-29-2007, 06:08 PM
I just like the way he runs; seems like a real perfect fit for the Broncos, had it not been for the injuries and the weed.

im with ya omac, if henry were healthy for 16 games i would rank him higher. But its to early to tell.

I think I would too, only time will tell if he does become the best..

He has the size and enough speed to be damned good RB for DEN. Now the only real question is will both of his heads allow him to do so?

lex
11-29-2007, 11:02 PM

Olandis Gary
Mike Anderson
Clinton Portis
Reuben Droughns
Ron Dayne
Tatum Bell
Mike Bell
Travis Henry
Selvin Young
Andre Hall

1. Clinton Portis by far
2. Mike Anderson
3. Olandis Gary
4. Reuben Droughns
5. Tatum Bell

Its too early on Henry/Young/Hall.

TXBRONC
11-30-2007, 12:21 AM
I don't see how Ron Dayne could even be in the conversation. He had a total of 53 carries and one touchdown. Besides that he played in only 10 games for us.

omac
11-30-2007, 03:11 AM
I don't see how Ron Dayne could even be in the conversation. He had a total of 53 carries and one touchdown. Besides that he played in only 10 games for us.

That's true; I was thinking more ability, than production. I like the way he runs much better than Tatum. Tatum just seems to fall back every time someone nudges him. If production-wise, yes, Dayne definitely does not belong here.

TXBRONC
11-30-2007, 08:16 AM
That's true; I was thinking more ability, than production. I like the way he runs much better than Tatum. Tatum just seems to fall back every time someone nudges him. If production-wise, yes, Dayne definitely does not belong here.

Remember Dayne wasn't doing very well in camp last year, before he was injured. He went into the off season as the starter, looked good during OTAs and mini camps but after that he didn't do well. Before he go injured he had started dancing around in the backfield instead of finding the hole and exploding through it.

omac
11-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Remember Dayne wasn't doing very well in camp last year, before he was injured. He went into the off season as the starter, looked good during OTAs and mini camps but after that he didn't do well. Before he go injured he had started dancing around in the backfield instead of finding the hole and exploding through it.

Yeah, you're probably right; the memory of the way Tatum runs is probably just much fresher for me, since I got to watch him this season with Detroit while KJ was injured. He's actually good, but he really does fall down pretty fast with contact. I don't know if Young or Hall will approach his production, or even if they have an opportunity to, but I like that they're pretty tough with the contact, driving with extra effort to get a few more yards.