PDA

View Full Version : Broncos mascot Thunder the horse heading to the Super Bowl

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Hi ho, Thunder. Away to the Super Bowl!

Thunder, the Arabian gelding who serves as the Broncos’ mascot, will be at MetLife Stadium during the Super Bowl. The team is still working out the details with the league. Thunder is expected to have modified duties — there is a chance he will not be galloping on the field after Bronco touchdowns.

The Super Bowl is, after all, a neutral site game.

But Thunder will be there. The 900-pound horse will be flown out Thursday, Jan. 30 on a cargo plane in the same manner Olympic horses are transferred.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/01/22/broncos-mascot-thunder-heading-to-the-super-bowl/25546/

I am somewhat confused - if the Super Bowl is considered a neutral site game - why are the Broncos the home team, wearing their orange jerseys?

BroncoJoe
01-23-2014, 12:27 PM
rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/01/22/broncos-mascot-thunder-heading-to-the-super-bowl/25546/

I am somewhat confused - if the Super Bowl is considered a neutral site game - why are the Broncos the home team, wearing their orange jerseys?

They alternate years. AFC has even years as the home team and the NFC has odd. One team has to be declared the "home" team for jerseys, coin toss, and other things.

I was listening to 104.3 yesterday and they were interviewing a former Broncos employee. What he was describing in relation to the logistics involved in getting the team, staff, equipment, video and a million (literally) other things was mind-boggling.

MOtorboat
01-23-2014, 12:28 PM

AFC and NFC alternate home and away for jersey and scoreboard purposes. It really has no bearing on anything else. No one calls the coin flip because they have a special coin with each teams logo on opposite sides.

Joel
01-23-2014, 01:39 PM
I'm still waiting for the first time the team whose homefield is the SB site happens to reach the Big Dance. It was even more likely this year since the Giants AND Jets both play there. Maybe they should start having every SB at Aloha Stadium; bet all the "football's not football if you can feel your fingers!" people would love that. :tongue:

BroncoNut
01-23-2014, 01:56 PM
they will more than likely fly thunder to the meadowlands. the gelding much really be excited.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2014, 06:35 PM
A few minutes ago, Thunder and the woman who rides him, were on ch9 - coming from the stock show, and she said that they will fly Thunder to NJ, and right now they are hearing that Thunder will lead the Broncos onto the field. That will be great, if that happens.

BroncoNut
01-24-2014, 11:13 AM
A few minutes ago, Thunder and the woman who rides him, were on ch9 - coming from the stock show, and she said that they will fly Thunder to NJ, and right now they are hearing that Thunder will lead the Broncos onto the field. That will be great, if that happens.

I wish I was thunder for a day. get to watch the live game and get ridden by that hot chick

LawDog
01-24-2014, 11:42 AM
I wish I was thunder for a day. get to watch the live game and get ridden by that hot chick

...you'd be happy with a bag of oats and a slump-buster.

DenBronx
01-24-2014, 03:13 PM

Isnt she like 50 something years old??

MOtorboat
01-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Isnt she like 50 something years old??

So is nut.

turftoad
01-24-2014, 03:23 PM
So is nut.

But nuts not riding ANYTHING!

BroncoNut
01-24-2014, 03:39 PM
...you'd be happy with a bag of oats and a slump-buster.

WTF? **** you Dog!!!

BroncoNut
01-24-2014, 03:40 PM
But nuts not riding ANYTHING!

I want to be ridden. I think it's only fair.

CoachChaz
01-24-2014, 04:20 PM
I want to be ridden. I think it's only fair.

You do realize you can pay a MUCH hotter woman a few hundred bucks to do the same thing, right?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-30-2014, 01:54 PM
JERSEY CITY, N.J. — As we speak, Thunder is on a Fedex cargo plane, on his way to the Super Bowl.

After talking it over with league officials, Thunder, the Broncos’ Arabian gelding mascot, will lead the team onto the field at MetLife Stadium for the opening introductions to Super Bowl XLVIII.

And Thunder will be able to run out to the Broncos’ end zone whenever the team scores a touchdown against the Seattle Seahawks. He can’t run the full length of the field as he does following touchdowns in games played at Sports Authority Field at Mile High because the Super Bowl — in East Rutherford, N.J. — will be played on a neutral field.

But after he flies, Thunder will ride! Like all Fedex packages, the 900-pound Thunder must first stop in Memphis to get checked and tracked. He is scheduled to land at the Newark airport at about 5 p.m. EST. For more info, go to Thunder’s Facebook page.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/01/30/thunder-way-nfl-says-can-gallop-super-bowl/26053/

BroncoNut
01-30-2014, 01:58 PM
You do realize you can pay a MUCH hotter woman a few hundred bucks to do the same thing, right?

I know I have my issues, but I will not stoop to paying for sex

Rex
01-30-2014, 02:22 PM
I know I have my issues, but I will not stoop to having sex with humans

Gross