PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday HealthONE Injury Report 1-22 - Broncos/Seahawks

Denver Native (Carol)
01-22-2014, 07:52 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Wednesday-HealthONE-Injury-Report/926ca2dc-2152-41fb-ab4e-099960a6ae26

Joel
01-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Well, looks like they'll have Harvin back, not that there was much doubt. More pressure on our secondary, assuming we can corral Lynch and make Wilson throw. I'd still rather face their WRs and line than SFs, even if Gore's easier to contain than Lynch. So what's the matchup? Harvin vs. DRC, Tate vs. Champ and Baldwin vs. Carter? That would make me nervous; Tate will always be infamous for the Fail Mary, but Baldwin's the guy who's been making plays for them, Seattles version of Novacek and Easy Eddie.

Good to see most of our guys are healthy, and I hope and pray Moreno's OK. What's the story on Unrein? I didn't notice him get hurt against NE, but as thin as our front seven is now, we'll need him to spell Knighton and/or Williams at some point. I'm trying not to think about that; if he can't stop BRADY running up the gut for a TD, what's he gonna do against LYNCH? :shocked:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2014, 01:19 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 21s

My iPhone says it is 12 degrees right now for #Broncos practice. But it is sunny, not windy, so doesn't feel

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2m

Knowshon Moreno, Tony Carter are practicing today. Mitch Unrein is not.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 9m

Officially it is probably colder right now at Broncos practice than it will be at SB, but even 20s at night in NJ will feel colder. #sbsmg

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 16m

Fields cleared of snow for Broncos first SB practice. Good prep for NJ? #SBSMG pic.twitter.com/XjfNALNCZs

Joel
01-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 21s

My iPhone says it is 12 degrees right now for #Broncos practice. But it is sunny, not windy, so doesn't feel

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2m

Knowshon Moreno, Tony Carter are practicing today. Mitch Unrein is not.
Not a fan of Unrein, but he looks like the best backup DT we've got: We need him, so Pot Roast doesn't turn into Vienna Sausage by the 4th.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 21m

This is the face Peyton Manning makes when asked a question about his brother Eli #sbsmg http://instagram.com/p/jhkwaEhwX_/

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 26m

Matt Prater (illness) also did not practice for Broncos today.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 36m

Peyton's first pre-Super Bowl press conference #sbsmg pic.twitter.com/ao3XJp4Pyo

claymore
01-23-2014, 04:17 PM
Not a fan of Unrein, but he looks like the best backup DT we've got: We need him, so Pot Roast doesn't turn into Vienna Sausage by the 4th.

How could you not be a fan of Unrein? A Colorado local, versatile UDFA. He isnt Warren Sapp, but he makes plays. I think his heart makes him play at a higher level than he should. I love that kid.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2014, 04:23 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h

John Fox: "To be an outstanding team, you have to be selfless, not selfish."

Joel
01-23-2014, 05:27 PM
How could you not be a fan of Unrein? A Colorado local, versatile UDFA. He isnt Warren Sapp, but he makes plays. I think his heart makes him play at a higher level than he should. I love that kid.
Because of stuff like letting Brady run straight at him up the gut for a TD. What does being a CO local have to do with anything; Vasquez is from Houston, but I'd like him better even if he weren't: Because he plays better. Unrein's equally skilled vs. the run and pass, but plays neither WELL. I play the pass about as well as the run, too—because I'm uniformly awful, not versatile.

Joel
01-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h

John Fox: "To be an outstanding team, you have to be selfless, not selfish."
How I pray he's right about that. It's like the Seahawks have spent the whole season saying, "Denver always stomped us in the AFCW, so you have no reason to hate us? We can fix that...."

claymore
01-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Because of stuff like letting Brady run straight at him up the gut for a TD. What does being a CO local have to do with anything; Vasquez is from Houston, but I'd like him better even if he weren't: Because he plays better. Unrein's equally skilled vs. the run and pass, but plays neither WELL. I play the pass about as well as the run, too—because I'm uniformly awful, not versatile.
I forgot. You are primarily a Houston oilers fan. Unrein is a depth player. He isnt a superstar. Once you get past that maybe you will like him more.

Joel
01-24-2014, 01:26 PM
I forgot. You are primarily a Houston oilers fan. Unrein is a depth player. He isnt a superstar. Once you get past that maybe you will like him more.
I meant where a guy's from has no bearing on how I feel about him, but if it did I'd go with guys from my hometown or nearby. I like Vasquez because he's our best guard though; being from Houston's just a nice bonus. Unrein's definitely a depth player, but that doesn't say much for our depth. I've occasionally seen him make a decent play, but it's been more exception than rule. Maybe it's just because interior linemen on both sides of the ball don't get much attention and are harder to see anyway. Maybe Unrein will make be a believer next week; I certainly hope so.

As it stands he's third on the depth chart behind a rookie and ahead of a FA castoff, and that's even after one of the starters dislocated his hip and went out for the season. I didn't expect Brady to shrug him off while running up the gut for a TD last week, but can't say it's exactly surprising either.