PDA

View Full Version : Russell Wilson on Peyton Manning: I love him to death

DenBronx
01-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is a big fan of Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning. And the two could have been teammates.

Wilson recalled at his press conference today that when he was 15 years old, he traveled to the Manning family’s quarterback camp, and he learned a lot from Peyton then.

“Obviously, Peyton Manning is a Hall of Fame quarterback who I have a ton of respect for,” Wilson said. “I actually went to the Peyton Manning Passing Academy when I was young. I liked him so much back then and I still do.”

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/22/russell-wilson-on-peyton-manning-i-love-him-to-death/

DenBronx
01-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Wilson is the only guy in Seattle that I would be happy for if they win. Which we all know they won't. :)

But he makes it very hard to dislike him, unlike Sherman.

aberdien
01-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Sherman is one of the nicest players in the NFL tbh. His story about him using a wallet that this girl made out of duct tape that they show on SC is very telling of him as a person.

Oq1F1-cEiwA

Any other time but VS us i'll be rooting for him.

DenBronx
01-22-2014, 06:21 PM
Lol @ Sherman one of the "nicest" players.

Stop the madness now. He is no choir boy.

aberdien
01-22-2014, 06:27 PM
hahaha, must've been a Freudian slip...

RUSSELL WILSON is one of the nicest dudes.

I still think Sherman is nice too, just with Neon Deion levels of bombastic arrogance. He has his fair share of charitable work.

Obviously I am expecting and hoping for the Broncos to kick the Seahawks ass, but I would rather lose to Seattle than the Patriots, 49ers, pretty much any other team that was in the playoffs.

Dapper Dan
01-22-2014, 07:36 PM
I guess you could say Wilson looks up to Manning.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DenBronx
01-23-2014, 01:02 AM
hahaha, must've been a Freudian slip...

RUSSELL WILSON is one of the nicest dudes.

I still think Sherman is nice too, just with Neon Deion levels of bombastic arrogance. He has his fair share of charitable work.

Obviously I am expecting and hoping for the Broncos to kick the Seahawks ass, but I would rather lose to Seattle than the Patriots, 49ers, pretty much any other team that was in the playoffs.

I really like Wilson. It's crazy he was only 9 years old when Manning was drafted. He wasnt the prototypical QB that Elway likes but he fits the mold for what Carol runs and clearly good enough to get at least to the SB in his 2nd year, with not alot of WRs too. He has spent time with the military, gives a ton to charity....even if it's just time, he still does it. He isn't ghetto at all like Kap.

DenBronx
01-23-2014, 01:04 AM
I guess you could say Wilson looks up to Manning.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want Wilson to win one some day. Just not THIS time.

SR
01-23-2014, 08:45 AM
Sherman is one of the nicest players in the NFL tbh. His story about him using a wallet that this girl made out of duct tape that they show on SC is very telling of him as a person.

Oq1F1-cEiwA

Any other time but VS us i'll be rooting for him.
He's very pompous and arrogant, but he's a good guy in the city of Seattle and he has ALWAYS been a good locker room guy and a good community guy. The dude is from Compton. He stayed away from drugs, gangs, and violence and worked his ass off to get to Stanford where he got a degree and has made it in the NFL. He's a very, very good corner. I don't care for what he does on the field sometimes, but for someone like him that is so active in the community and does so many good things for other people I can turn a blind eye to some of the parading and shit talking he does on the field.

Tned
01-23-2014, 09:01 AM
I think the Sherman stuff has been a bit overblown, especially since there is clearly history with them. Take him out of the "just after a game winning play" emotion of just making it in the SB and put him on the podium, and I will take his professionalism and well spoken responses to the gangsta wannabe Kapernick (sp??) any day. Don't get me wrong, I love Kap on the field, but think he should take his "job" serious enough to act like professional, not some gangsta punk.

As to Wilson, I really like him. I hope he has the worst game of his short career and throws a few INTs, BUT, I really like him. He's amazed me how well he's continued to play, with both his scrambling/running/passing skills. Ability to bring his team back. A bonus is that he typically seems humble, respectful and grateful for his success whenever he's interviewed/at the podium.

BroncoJoe
01-23-2014, 09:03 AM
I think the Sherman stuff has been a bit overblown, especially since there is clearly history with them. Take him out of the "just after a game winning play" emotion of just making it in the SB and put him on the podium, and I will take his professionalism and well spoken responses to the gangsta wannabe Kapernick (sp??) any day. Don't get me wrong, I love Kap on the field, but think he should take his "job" serious enough to act like professional, not some gangsta punk.

As to Wilson, I really like him. I hope he has the worst game of his short career and throws a few INTs, BUT, I really like him. He's amazed me how well he's continued to play, with both his scrambling/running/passing skills. Ability to bring his team back. A bonus is that he typically seems humble, respectful and grateful for his success whenever he's interviewed/at the podium.

Ditto. The whole Sherman thing is WAY overblown, and Wilson is just a very likable guy.

MasterShake
01-23-2014, 09:22 AM
Ditto. The whole Sherman thing is WAY overblown, and Wilson is just a very likable guy.

I remember seeing Sherman's reaction live and I thought it was funny as hell and I loved the emotion. He is absolutely a great player and I wouldn't mind seeing him on our team. Plus at the time I was really happy that San Fran got knocked out of the Super Bowl because I think they were a much bigger threat.

BroncoJoe
01-23-2014, 09:28 AM
I remember seeing Sherman's reaction live and I thought it was funny as hell and I loved the emotion. He is absolutely a great player and I wouldn't mind seeing him on our team. Plus at the time I was really happy that San Fran got knocked out of the Super Bowl because I think they were a much bigger threat.

His favorite athlete?

Mohammad Ali. Makes sense.

MasterShake
01-23-2014, 09:37 AM
His favorite athlete?

Mohammad Ali. Makes sense.

Shameless self promoter and great athlete? Makes perfect sense! :lol:

He needs to start rhyming in his rants now.

DenBronx
01-23-2014, 09:14 PM
He's very pompous and arrogant, but he's a good guy in the city of Seattle and he has ALWAYS been a good locker room guy and a good community guy. The dude is from Compton. He stayed away from drugs, gangs, and violence and worked his ass off to get to Stanford where he got a degree and has made it in the NFL. He's a very, very good corner. I don't care for what he does on the field sometimes, but for someone like him that is so active in the community and does so many good things for other people I can turn a blind eye to some of the parading and shit talking he does on the field.

aberdien already cleared up that he meant Wilson NOT Sherman. That youtube video is talking about Wilson as well. It was a typo.

Hawgdriver
01-23-2014, 10:10 PM

Same here.

Hawgdriver
01-23-2014, 10:11 PM
Shameless self promoter and great athlete? Makes perfect sense! :lol:

He needs to start rhyming in his rants now.

I didn't even know this, and I was thniking, 'he reminds me of Ali kinda.'

BroncoWave
01-23-2014, 10:13 PM
"Loves him to death" huh? This Russel Wilson fellow sounds like kind of a queer.

Dapper Dan
01-23-2014, 10:51 PM
"Loves him to death" huh? This Russel Wilson fellow sounds like kind of a queer.

He probably drinks wine.

BroncoWave
01-23-2014, 10:55 PM
He probably drinks wine.

I bet he drives a Prius.