PDA

View Full Version : Irsay says he’s rooting for Peyton

DenBronx
01-22-2014, 05:46 PM
In October, Colts owner Jim Irsay said that, in moving on from Peyton Manning two years ago, Irsay chose championships over statistics.

Now that Peyton is pursuing a second championship in a year that produced record statistics, Irsay says he’s rooting for Manning to get there.

“I just couldn’t be more excited,” Irsay tells Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star. “This is what we were hoping it was going to be — a win-win situation for everybody. I’m so happy for him. We’ve already talked this week about getting him some extra [Super Bowl] tickets and I told him, ‘You’ve got it, buddy. Go get ‘em. Go win it.’ I wish him all the best.”

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/22/irsay-says-hes-rooting-for-peyton/

DenBronx
01-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Much differant tone than when we played them earlier in the season.

He wanted rings right??? Lol

artie_dale
01-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Irsay took a jab at Peyton Manning when he said something along the lines of "I want the Colts to do more than just 'one and done'" and I'm sure that only fueled Peyton Manning since then. So, thanks a**hole Irsay. You are a dickweed, but the LUCKIEST dickweed for landing Peyton Manning and now Andrew Luck.

Joel
01-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Why is Manning asking Irsay about getting extra SB tickets, and why is Irsay approving it? I know Goodell's not much more than a stooge for the owners, but why not talk to him since he represents all of the owners of which Irsay's just one? Or is this just part of the attempt to live vicariously through Manning and convince people they parted on good terms?

DenBronx
01-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Why is Manning asking Irsay about getting extra SB tickets, and why is Irsay approving it? I know Goodell's not much more than a stooge for the owners, but why not talk to him since he represents all of the owners of which Irsay's just one? Or is this just part of the attempt to live vicariously through Manning and convince people they parted on good terms?

Pretty sure NFL owners can get their hands on SB tickets first.

DenBronx
01-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Mannings not the type of guy to rub it in your face if he wins.

However, the ring will do all the talking for him and Irsay is going to look really dumb.

Dzone
01-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Cool of Irsay to say all that. I guess even a douchebag like Irsay can show a little class sometimes

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-22-2014, 07:04 PM

It's likely since the league belongs to them.

mouthofsouth
01-22-2014, 07:34 PM

Every player gets just so many tickets to give out to family/friends. As I understand it, all the players pull strings with friends who have access to tickets they don't want in order to meet the demand on them. I see nothing wrong with Peyton negotiating with Irsay for tickets. I am sure his immediate family will be in a box. But he wants to give tickets to a lot of others, I am sure.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-22-2014, 07:49 PM

from a 2013 article - but I am sure it is still the same:

To truly understand the rarity that is receiving Super Bowl tickets, take a quick gander at this breakdown of tickets that are available in the primary market. When the Super Bowl match up is released, the immediate distribution of tickets works in percentages. First, 17.5 percent of the tickets are allocated to the AFC Champion team and another 17.5 percent to NFC Champion team. With that chunk of the total tickets, the championship teams, the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers, for example, will divide the tickets amongst organization personnel and then the families of players and coaches. The remaining portion of the teams' tickets following that initial distribution goes into a lottery for the teams' season ticket holders to win. Next, 5 percent of the tickets go to the Super Bowl host team. The Saints, for example, will also distribute their tickets in the same fashion that the championship teams this year.

After that, 34.8 percent of the tickets are allocated to every other team in the NFL. Essentially, each NFL organization not playing in or hosting the Super Bowl receives 1.2 percent of the total Super Bowl tickets to divide in whichever way. Some teams will give a small portion to their season ticket holders as well, however the heavy majority of those tickets are given to organization personnel.

The final 25.2 percent of the game's tickets go to the NFL itself. The league of course gives tickets to personnel and funnels tickets to certain media outlets. Interestingly, some of the league's percentage of tickets is also given to some celebrities, sponsors and football icons as well.

full article - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jake-fischer/super-bowl-tickets_b_2551981.html

Joel
01-22-2014, 08:02 PM
No doubt, Irsay just seems a weird guy to ask; again, if Manning needs more tickets, why not go to Goodell, who has access to all 32 owners?

Every player gets just so many tickets to give out to family/friends. As I understand it, all the players pull strings with friends who have access to tickets they don't want in order to meet the demand on them. I see nothing wrong with Peyton negotiating with Irsay for tickets. I am sure his immediate family will be in a box. But he wants to give tickets to a lot of others, I am sure.
Get 'em any legal way possible, I guess; I doubt he went to Irsay first though. Maybe that was just a subtle dig at the "we want lots of championships, not just one" crap and Irsay was just too slow to catch it: "Since I'M going to the SB and YOU'RE not using your tickets, can my friends have 'em? *innocent smile*"

Simple Jaded
01-22-2014, 09:22 PM
I hope their conversation started with Manning saying something like this "Hey Jim...sup? Hey, since you're not gonna be needing your SB tickets, again, I was wondering if you might wanna give them up".

Joel
01-23-2014, 01:24 AM
from a 2013 article - but I am sure it is still the same:

full article - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jake-fischer/super-bowl-tickets_b_2551981.html
Guess that explains why the ones for sale to the general public are so freakin' expensive. When Houston hosted I suggested my uncle get tickets, and he was all psyched—then he checked the prices and was like, "I'm not paying $1000 a pop for seats in the nose bleed section."

I hope their conversation started with Manning saying something like this "Hey Jim...sup? Hey, since you're not gonna be needing your SB tickets, again, I was wondering if you might wanna give them up".
You really don't read my posts, do you? :tongue:

Northman
01-23-2014, 06:25 AM
Lol Irsay.......

BroncoWave
01-23-2014, 08:31 AM
I'm not sure what was more of a non-story that was blown up by fans and the media this season: Irsay's Manning comments or Flacco's banner on the stadium. It's pretty close.

Tned
01-23-2014, 08:36 AM

Stooge for the owners? That's one of the most idiotic things I've read in a while and shows a complete lack of understanding of what the NFL even is.

As to Manning/Irsay. Your anti-Manning obsession continues.

artie_dale
01-30-2014, 02:43 PM
Before I unsubscribe from this thread, I just want to say one more "thank you" to Irsay, for making comments that criticize Peyton Manning's legacy to the Colts. Thank you for giving Peyton the motivation to do things differently enough to ensure he finishes games.

BroncoNut
01-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Irsay? more like Hearsay. I don't believe a word that comes out of this dicks mouth

Broncolingus
01-30-2014, 07:11 PM
**** Irsay...

DenBronx
02-03-2014, 02:44 AM
Well...wonder what Colts fans are thinking now. One watched the SB with me. It was rather rough to see but he kept saying Manning was the greatest ever.

And my response was Elway, Montana and Brady are the only ones who can be in that debate unless Manning wins. Then you have to at least include him.

As of right now, Elway was better.

Northman
02-03-2014, 02:50 AM
Well, Manning has been to 3 SB's, and Elway has been to 5. Even before John won the last 2 i always considered him the best QB i had ever seen play and its obvious Manning has done quite a bit to be up there as well. Sucks we couldnt get it done tonight but it doesnt all fall on Manning. This team is just nothing like the one's from the late 90's and that was one of my concerns about the killer instinct, etc. The feeling just has never been the same despite the great record and stat records that we got all year. It was a great year but i would of rather taken the SB win over the pretty stats throughout the year. It really means nothing when you dnot even show up for the big game but even with this loss it doesnt take Manning out of the greatest ever debate.