PDA

View Full Version : Possible Week 1 Super Bowl rematch???

olathebroncofan
01-22-2014, 02:41 AM
Being that we are scheduled to play reach other, and the NFL wants to open the season with the Super Bowl champs, do you think that the opening game, win or lose, will be Denver @ Seattle?

I know the Ravens have was due to a schedule conflict, but why not get a rematch to open the season?

Thoughts...

CrazyHorse
01-22-2014, 03:52 AM
Being that we are scheduled to play reach other, and the NFL wants to open the season with the Super Bowl champs, do you think that the opening game, win or lose, will be Denver @ Seattle?

I know the Ravens have was due to a schedule conflict, but why not get a rematch to open the season?

Thoughts...

That would be awesome. We can kick their ass twice and leave no doubt as we defend our title next year. It's at Seattle though right? The team will be hard pressed to hear "Omaha" in that cacophony of noise

zbeg
01-22-2014, 04:23 AM
Because the SB champs open at home (Ravens being the exception because of the scheduling conflict), and Denver's game next year is in Seattle. Therefore the rematch can't be week 1.

CrazyHorse
01-22-2014, 04:59 AM
Because the SB champs open at home (Ravens being the exception because of the scheduling conflict), and Denver's game next year is in Seattle. Therefore the rematch can't be week 1.

Open hosting the 49ers then go on the Road to Seattle the next week!

DenBronx
01-22-2014, 06:24 AM

This.

Noway we have a road game week 1.

olathebroncofan
01-22-2014, 10:58 AM

This.

Noway we have a road game week 1.

I bet that is exactly what the Ravens fans said before this season.

powderaddict
01-22-2014, 11:07 AM
All's I know is there F@#$%!@%$$% better be a huge PFM banner on their stadium if we have to travel!

OrangeHoof
01-22-2014, 11:17 AM
I can see the NFL putting the Broncos on the road the opening week if they win the Super Bowl by saying "we let you have that home opener last year".

If Denver wins the SB and opens at Seattle, I can almost guarantee Seattle will smoke us next year because they will be far more motivated than Denver. It could be close but Seattle wins because that's usually how these "revenge" games to open the season work (or haven't you noticed that?).

If we host the Niners, that would be different and probably an even better fan attraction since the Niners have a larger following. If Seattle wins the Super Bowl, my bet is that they open at home against the Niners or possibly the Packers.