PDA

View Full Version : WTF is the NFL Doing???

Overtime
09-13-2009, 11:31 AM
can someone please explain to me how an organization as trashy as the Faiders, on a 6 year losing streak (which by the way is an NFL record) is allowed to be on Monday Night Football???

Jokeland hasn't earned a spot on Primetime since their Super Bowl flop.

I thought teams had to be at least competitive and "earn" their way onto Monday Night Football?

Who the hell picks these garbage matchups?

Bills vs. Patriots?

Raiders vs Chargers?

only reason I'll watch the Chargers game is so I can see the Faiders get embarrassed on National TV AGAIN for the 2nd consecutive year. But hell maybe we'll get to see Tom Cable knock out his D-Coordinator when Rivers throws for 500 yards on his defense. :elefant:

Why not Chargers vs Patriots on Monday night to open the season up?

EMB6903
09-13-2009, 11:33 AM
NFL did get it right with Sunday Night football though..

Bears vs Packers is going to be a great game... as was the season opener Tennessee vs Pittsburgh.

ursamajor
09-13-2009, 11:34 AM
can someone please explain to me how an organization as trashy as the Faiders, on a 6 year losing streak (which by the way is an NFL record) is allowed to be on Monday Night Football???

Easy, the NFL is exploring other markets...

http://img.clubvibes.com/listings/events/48074.jpg

MOtorboat
09-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Were you complaining last year when it was Denver playing them?

nbenallo33
09-13-2009, 11:42 AM
they want TO vs Brady i get that one but not the damn raiders wth is that about

Devilspawn
09-13-2009, 11:52 AM
I thought teams had to be at least competitive and "earn" their way onto Monday Night Football?

Why not Chargers vs Patriots on Monday night to open the season up?
I like the way you used the word "competitive" and then suggested that New England take on San Diego, but not Denver. Any reason in particular, besides the obvious.

Overtime
09-13-2009, 12:59 PM
I like the way you used the word "competitive" and then suggested that New England take on San Diego, but not Denver. Any reason in particular, besides the obvious.

think you're making more of that than it was meant to be. Out of those 4 teams on tomorrow night, only the Pats and Chargers deserve to be on MNF.

Faiders and Bills don't.

But for the record, the Broncos don't really deserve a primetime matchup either.

Devilspawn
09-15-2009, 01:21 AM
Well this thread was a bit off.

We lost but we kicked ass for like 57:00 minutes.

And then Buffalo's game was worse. They led by TWO scores late.

Can't wait for Week 3.

Northman
09-15-2009, 01:24 AM
Both were great games, i have no complaints.

SR
09-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Didn't get to catch any of the games except for the last 10 minutes of the Raiders game, which was good. The highlights for the Bills/Pats game made it out to be a pretty exciting game.

Overtime
09-15-2009, 11:33 AM
the Bills vs. Pats game turned out to be better than I thought it would be.

The Chargers vs. Raiders game was pretty boring till the end.

I think everyone but the Seahawks and Eagles had to shrug off some rust and overcome sluggish sloppy starts.

Dreadnought
09-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Part of it is that ESPN got screwed when they negotiated all of this. Where MNF used to be premiere matchups, those have now moved to Sunday night. ESPN then got the comparative dregs :lol: In other words, MNF is not what it once was.

Even at that, ESPN was willing to sign off just to get in on televising NFL games. Even a bad NFL matchup beats most anything else they could offer in terms of potential audience and prestige.

frauschieze
09-15-2009, 12:24 PM
I dunno. I thought all the prime time match ups were pretty good football games. I really can't ask for much more.

WTE
09-15-2009, 06:12 PM
I dunno. I thought all the prime time match ups were pretty good football games. I really can't ask for much more.

I would have to agree FromUnderCheese. From the Thursday opener till the late Monday nighter all four games were very entertaining.

Day1BroncoFan
09-15-2009, 06:16 PM
I would have to agree FromUnderCheese. From the Thursday opener till the late Monday nighter all four games were very entertaining.

I am in full agreement with you allwet.

OaklandRaider
09-16-2009, 09:24 AM
WTF are you doing on a computer? Put that helmet back on, son.

All the games were competitive. This thread kind of fails...

Overtime
09-16-2009, 09:14 PM
no OR, your team and JeMarshmallow is what failed, as usual.

6 years running as bottom feeders, 7th year in progress.

KC will dominate your shit stain of a team next week. enjoy loss #2.