PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons' Tears Taste Delicious

BroncoWave
01-21-2014, 06:24 PM
He put up his weekly podcast with Cousin Sal today. This was basically a rundown of what Simmons said:

-He can't believe Seattle isn't a huge SB favorite
-The NFC title game was the real Super Bowl
-He whined for 5 minutes about how the refs never throw flags on Denver's pick plays, ignoring that the Pats do it too
-Denver's playoff wins weren't impressive as they were just against a bad SD team and an injured Pats team
-The weather broke perfectly for Denver
-Seattle's D is perfect to beat Denver and they will hit the shit out of Manning

He did admit that Manning played great against NE, but that's about it. He is giving Denver no shot against Seattle, which I love because he has been wrong on just about every Broncos game this season.

Link: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=10328506

DenBronx
01-21-2014, 06:27 PM
From all here at Broncos Country Mr. Simmons,

Go ***k yourself.

WTE
01-21-2014, 06:30 PM
I hate that term Tears Taste Delicious. It's stupid. Who the hell tastes tears anyway?

Dumb. I just had to get that off my chest. Carry on with your mundane conversation.

BroncoWave
01-21-2014, 06:32 PM
I hate that term Tears Taste Delicious. It's stupid. Who the hell tastes tears anyway?

Dumb. I just had to get that off my chest. Carry on with your mundane conversation.

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/100/1000475/hero-showdown-cartman-vs-stewie-20090701022443845-000.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/Warbirdz7/ezgif-save.gif?t=1388346983

Northman
01-21-2014, 06:36 PM
Denver was 14 pt dogs to GB once too......

Broncolingus
01-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Nothing new...

...check out Ashley Fox for some more regularly scheduled anti-Bronco slant.

Even John Clayton is (subtlety) slanting it to, "...do the Broncos even have a chance?"

Amazing...

Buff
01-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Can't wait to listen later when I get home. I was bitter it didn't go up yesterday. I still love him and always will - but his insistence on giving Denver zero credit all year long got sort of annoying even thought I know that's his shtick.

Side note - his apology for the Dr. V article sucked - and I can feel myself slowly turning against him.

BroncoWave
01-21-2014, 07:22 PM
Can't wait to listen later when I get home. I was bitter it didn't go up yesterday. I still love him and always will - but his insistence on giving Denver zero credit all year long got sort of annoying even thought I know that's his shtick.

Side note - his apology for the Dr. V article sucked - and I can feel myself slowly turning against him.

On your side note, he seemed VERY distraught about it at the beginning of the podcast. I really don't know anything about this Dr V thing, but he sounded remorseful as hell. That plus the Pats loss might have made him even more bitter than normal when having to talk about Peyton and the Broncos.

Buff
01-21-2014, 07:39 PM
On your side note, he seemed VERY distraught about it at the beginning of the podcast. I really don't know anything about this Dr V thing, but he sounded remorseful as hell. That plus the Pats loss might have made him even more bitter than normal when having to talk about Peyton and the Broncos.

His apology seems very genuine... But sort of sociopathic. I had never even heard of the story before the apology went up yesterday.I read the apology first. Then the story. Then the critique about what they got wrong. Basically, I agree with the critique and the apology falls pretty flat IMO. I think both Simmons and the writer deserves the onslaught for a general lack of empathy.

olathebroncofan
01-21-2014, 07:44 PM
who the hell tastes tears anyway?

knowshon does

Buff
01-21-2014, 08:08 PM
I just listened to it... In fairness, Simmons actually gives Manning and the Broncos a lot of credit for beating the Pats and being the better team on Sunday. But then he slobs all over Seattle and undercuts our strength of schedule at the end.

BroncoWave
01-21-2014, 08:14 PM
I just listened to it... In fairness, Simmons actually gives Manning and the Broncos a lot of credit for beating the Pats and being the better team on Sunday. But then he slobs all over Seattle and undercuts our strength of schedule at the end.

The part that irked me the most was when he was whining about our pick plays. Like, really? You're just gonna ignore that NE does that all the time. Usually Sal doesn't call him on stuff but even that he told him to relax on.

7DnBrnc53
01-21-2014, 11:40 PM
He isn't the only podcaster(s) down on Denver:

http://greengold4ever.podbean.com/2014/01/20/green-and-gold-forever-1-20-2014/

This podcast is done by two Packer fans. I found out about it while looking up NFL "what if" scenarios on Google and You-Tube.

I enjoy listening to some of the Packer ones that they do, since I like alternate sports history.

However, these guys don't seem to give Denver much of a chance at all. They compared watching Den-NE to watching some AFC Title Games of the early-90's when QB's like Stan Humphries and Jim Harbaugh were the QB's, and then seemed to suggest that the real teams are playing in the NFC game like back then, when you had Dal-SF every year.

zbeg
01-22-2014, 04:20 AM
His apology seems very genuine... But sort of sociopathic. I had never even heard of the story before the apology went up yesterday.I read the apology first. Then the story. Then the critique about what they got wrong. Basically, I agree with the critique and the apology falls pretty flat IMO. I think both Simmons and the writer deserves the onslaught for a general lack of empathy.

Weird, I didn't get that at all. I thought it was heartfelt and remorseful after realizing he screwed up real badly by running the piece originally.

For as Patriots homerish as he is and how sometimes banal his material can be, I think he's doing a great job of running Grantland. Everyone he's hired to write about the NFL does a really top-notch job, and though Simmons himself falls into lazy narratives, he seems to have some self-awareness about it and hires people who don't fall into those traps. Bill Barnwell is the best writer in football, Robert Mays and Chris Brown aren't far behind, and the Barnwell/Mays podcast is the best sports podcast anywhere IMO by a huge margin.

I'll happily take as much Patriots homerism as possible if it means he keeps finding and hiring the Bill Barnwells of the world. That's an easy tradeoff.

Mike
01-22-2014, 09:32 AM
I hope the Broncos have to listen to two weeks of just how good Seattle is.

TXBRONC
01-22-2014, 09:55 AM
I hope the Broncos have to listen to two weeks of just how good Seattle is.

They have had to listen to this kind of garbage for the last two weeks.

The media has harped on Manning's history while he was with the Colts and have ignored recent history and the history of our opponents.

Things like going into the divisonal game against the Chargers the Broncos are 3-1 with Manning at qarterback. They ignored completely that the Charger have never been a dominate playoff team.

Against the Patriots they complete ignored that Brady has a losing record against the Broncos. They ignored that the Patriots have never won a playoff game in Denver and in Brady era they're 0-2. Finally the media igorned that until last Sunday the Patriots han't played a road playoff game in six years.

TXBRONC
01-22-2014, 10:19 AM
Nothing new...

...check out Ashley Fox for some more regularly scheduled anti-Bronco slant.

Even John Clayton is (subtlety) slanting it to, "...do the Broncos even have a chance?"

Amazing...

Clayton was a beat writer for the Seahawks years ago iirc.

Earendil
01-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Who's Bill Simmons? (forgive me, I don't keep up with talking heads)

Buff
01-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Who's Bill Simmons? (forgive me, I don't keep up with talking heads)

He's ESPN's most prized asset. www.grantland.com

Ziggy
01-22-2014, 02:26 PM

Your tears taste delicious by the way. Now go troll elsewhere.

silkamilkamonico
01-22-2014, 03:43 PM
I think Denver has a chance.

I hope Seattle doesn't kick the absolute shit out of us at the LOS, and the physicality of their defense in general worries me big time.

BroncoNut
01-22-2014, 04:16 PM

it's weird isn't it? I can understand someone's name liver... or eyeballs......., or pancreas....., but tears or any bodily fluid is just kinda bizarro in my book

WTE
01-22-2014, 04:21 PM
it's weird isn't it? I can understand someone's name liver... or eyeballs......., or pancreas....., but tears or any bodily fluid is just kinda bizarro in my book

Next thing you know Wave will be saying Bill Simmons' sweaty balls taste delicious.

BroncoNut
01-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Next thing you know Wave will be saying Bill Simmons' sweaty balls taste delicious.

tears are salty, kinda like semen I would imagine.

well, going bowling here pretty soon

Joel
01-22-2014, 05:20 PM
A FB friend who discovered football when her local team became a SB favorite just posted on the Legion of Dope, so I mentioned this. Here's her response:
I did not know that. I kept receiving notices about BB and didn't know why he was significant ATM.
Emphasis mine, but so very well put: Screaming about a "pick" that only exists in his mind is the only reason Bill Belichick still matters. I couldn't have said it better. :D

zbeg
01-22-2014, 10:18 PM
A FB friend who discovered football when her local team became a SB favorite just posted on the Legion of Dope, so I mentioned this. Here's her response:
Emphasis mine, but so very well put: Screaming about a "pick" that only exists in his mind is the only reason Bill Belichick still matters. I couldn't have said it better. :D

Well, that and the whole "coached his team to its 11th straight double digit win season and the conference title game" thing. But other than being a SB contender every year, he doesn't matter.

Ziggy
01-23-2014, 06:39 AM

Losers forum is this way--------------> http://www.patriotsplanet.net/. Now why don't you go post with your fellow trolls over there.