PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Weather?

CrazyHorse
01-20-2014, 07:49 PM
I know it's still 2 weeks away but what's the weather supposed to be like? I think it could play a major factor in the game. I'm not so worried about cold as I am about wind and precipitation.

Az Snake
01-20-2014, 08:07 PM
I know it's still 2 weeks away but what's the weather supposed to be like? I think it could play a major factor in the game. I'm not so worried about cold as I am about wind and precipitation.

http://m.accuweather.com/en/us/east-rutherford-nj/07073/daily-weather-forecast/344423?day=14

Click on extended forecast in the menu drop down.
Some real party weather that week.
Not South Beach for sure.

slim
01-20-2014, 08:15 PM
So hi of 35 (probably in the 20s by the time the game actually starts), with the possibility of snow and rain...Good job, Gooddell...you dipshit.

Az Snake
01-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Actually that is good Denver weather for this time of year.
Advantage Broncos.
Sherman had his ski mask on all game and that was in Seattle !
Can't wait to see Peyton burn that little rat !!!

VonDoom
01-20-2014, 08:27 PM
So hi of 35 (probably in the 20s by the time the game actually starts), with the possibility of snow and rain...Good job, Gooddell...you dipshit.

The game is 13 days away. A forecast at this point is essentially useless. As I said in another thread, 30s is quite likely, since that's average for this area at this time of year. There's always the "possibility" for snow in February, but I wouldn't worry about it yet.

aberdien
01-20-2014, 08:45 PM
Football in the elements is a good thing IMO. Even if it might not favor us.

Unless there's a full on blizzard though I have faith in Peyton to play well.

DenBronx
01-20-2014, 08:49 PM
I hope its in the 30s.

Most likely the weather will be bum weather. If it is and Manning wins this game in cold windy weather then the pundits can stick it where the sun don't shine.

TXBRONC
01-20-2014, 08:52 PM
The weather will be what it will be.

OrangeHoof
01-20-2014, 10:13 PM
Nantz brought up the fact that Eli won a Super Bowl in Peyton's house when they won over the Patriots at Indy. Now Peyton has a chance to win a Super Bowl in Eli's house although it may not be Eli's for much longer.

pulse
01-20-2014, 10:33 PM
The 8-14 day outlook (http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/610day/fxus06.html) is out from the NWS CPC. I've just included the information that is relative to the eastern CONUS:

8-14 DAY OUTLOOK FOR JAN 28 - FEB 03, 2014 ... BELOW-NORMAL TEMPERATURES ARE
FAVORED FROM THE MISSISSIPPI VALLEY TO THE EAST COAST DUE TO NORTHERLY FLOW AND A
DEEP TROUGH CENTERED NEAR BAFFIN ISLAND, BUT THE BELOW-NORMAL TEMPERATURES ARE
NOT EXPECTED TO EXTEND TO THE FLORIDA PENINSULA ... THE STORM TRACK DURING WEEK-2
IS LIKELY TO BE ACROSS THE NORTHERN TIER OF THE CONUS, FAVORING ABOVE-MEDIAN
PRECIPITATION FOR THE NORTHERN PLAINS. COLD FRONTS MOVING ACROSS THE MID-ATLANTIC
AND TENNESSEE VALLEY FAVOR ABOVE-MEDIAN PRECIPITATION FOR THOSE REGIONS.

Additionally, the GFS and EURO long range models have been pretty consistent with snow leading into or during the weekend of the Super Bowl. We're still too far out to depend on them with certainty; however, the cold temperatures are getting within a much higher range confidence. I'm pretty convinced at this point that we will be in store for a very cold Super Bowl. Not just around the freezing mark, but down in the 10-20ºF range for game time. I'm not worried about the cold, however. This offense has shown it can remain effective in such temperatures. What I more concerned about is a significant snow event during the game. We'll know more when we're within the 6-10 day range.

Ziggy
01-21-2014, 05:29 AM
I hope it's cold, snowy, windy, and just plain nasty. That way Peyton can shut up all the doubters about his ability to play in bad weather altogether.

Northman
01-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Hoping for the best weather possible. Our passing attack is still our bread and butter.

BroncoWave
01-21-2014, 08:48 AM
Hoping for the best weather possible. Our passing attack is still our bread and butter.

I liked the idea of this Super Bowl when first announced because I love football in the elements. Now I hate it since it might affect our offense. :lol:

Broncolingus
01-21-2014, 08:49 AM

Agreed...

...I think the wx is the #1 X-Factor.

JMO...

CoachChaz
01-21-2014, 09:26 AM
The cold would seem to be an advantage to the defense, but that goes both ways. If it snows...that could be a good thing. The highest scoring week in the NFL this year was that week when it seemed to be snowing or sleeting in almost every NFL city.

Nomad
01-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Both teams will be playing in the same weather.....no excuses. I do agree with Ziggy......bring on the snow game.

Northman
01-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Both teams will be playing in the same weather.....no excuses. I do agree with Ziggy......bring on the snow game.

Both will be playing in it, but truthfully bad weather would suit the Hawks more than the Broncos. Our QB has no mobility and his strengths are in his ability to air it out. If that gets taken away it reduces our success by a large margin.

tomjonesrocks
01-21-2014, 10:55 AM
Both will be playing in it, but truthfully bad weather would suit the Hawks more than the Broncos. Our QB has no mobility and his strengths are in his ability to air it out. If that gets taken away it reduces our success by a large margin.

Kind of the way I see it. It's likely to be the equivalent of 10 degrees in the second half. Just ridiculous for a SB.

I still like Denver in the game, but the weather makes it harder for the Broncos.

BroncoWave
01-21-2014, 10:57 AM
If we do win this game in bad weather though, every single negative narrative against Manning in the playoffs/weather can never ever ever be used again.

Nomad
01-21-2014, 11:00 AM
I see your point, North, but I have faith Manning can overcome the elements especially for the big game.

BTW.....BestWeather has 30% snow and temps @ 22 degrees on that Sunday. So in other words, it'll be clear and 40:lol:......you know how they're always wrong on the weather.

BroncoWave
01-21-2014, 11:05 AM
I see your point, North, but I have faith Manning can overcome the elements especially for the big game.

BTW.....BestWeather has 30% snow and temps @ 22 degrees on that Sunday. So in other words, it'll be clear and 40:lol:......you know how they're always wrong on the weather.

Accuweather's forecast is a high of 43, low of 33, and cloudy with light wind.

Nomad
01-21-2014, 11:13 AM

It's in Rutherford, NJ.....right? I looked on weather underground, 2 Sundays from now. As I said before, it'll probably be wrong.

I should of been a weatherman.......wrong most times and still have a job.:lol:

BroncoWave
01-21-2014, 11:15 AM
It's in Rutherford, NJ.....right? I looked on weather underground, 2 Sundays from now. As I said before, it'll probably be wrong.

I should of been a weatherman.......wrong most times and still have a job.:lol:

Yep, East Rutherford NJ. I have it programmed into my accuweather app and am checking it daily. :lol:

Broncolingus
01-21-2014, 01:25 PM

I agree...

...I'd like to see sunny, calm (winds), and temps in the 40s...

...but that seems unlikely, so I'm hoping for calm and temps in the high 30s.

JMO...

OrangeHoof
01-21-2014, 01:35 PM
I liked the idea of this Super Bowl when first announced because I love football in the elements. Now I hate it since it might affect our offense. :lol:

If this SB is played in bad weather, you can probably forget Denver ever hosting a Super Bowl.

OrangeHoof
01-21-2014, 01:36 PM

That might be our best possible forecast.

CoachChaz
01-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Regardless of the outcome...I'm still not a fan of this experiment in cold weather stadiums.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 26m

RT @Rod9sports: “@ESPNNFL: INSIDE LOOK: The home of Super Bowl XLVIII Met Life Stadium today pic.twitter.com/Rtef5InMAg--- solid move NFL

CoachChaz
01-21-2014, 02:43 PM
If the weather is cold and the wind is up, my heart will be with Denver, but my money will be with Seattle.

cmc0605
01-21-2014, 02:55 PM
There's a lot of flapping butterflies in Earth's atmosphere...there's little use in thinking about the forecast too much right now. Accuweather's typical forecast will cross climatological error (i.e., essentially the easiest forecast one can make by averaging "typical" conditions for this time of year at a given location using, say 30 years of data) within about 8-10 days. This is, scientifically, useless nonsense although they have no problem promoting it (http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/use-accuweathers-45day-forecas/16202474).

My science rant aside, cold isn't so much an issue IMO, and will affect both teams. Precip/wind is alway an issue, but I don't even agree it necessarily favors Seattle. Sure, they pound the ball, but we're #8 in running this year and Moreno/Ball are a formidable duo. And if it does rain/snow or high winds, we almost know what they are going to do on offense, allowing us to stack the box. Secondly, the basis for our passing attack has been short and methodical passes, crossing patterns, screens, etc, which aren't affected as much by weather as the long bombs down the field. The default assumption everyone is working with that bad weather favors Seattle doesn't necessarily follow.

Magnificent Seven
01-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Mile High Magic will increase the temperature up to 60 degree! :D

Northman
01-21-2014, 03:23 PM
My science rant aside, cold isn't so much an issue IMO, and will affect both teams. Precip/wind is alway an issue, but I don't even agree it necessarily favors Seattle. Sure, they pound the ball, but we're #8 in running this year and Moreno/Ball are a formidable duo. And if it does rain/snow or high winds, we almost know what they are going to do on offense, allowing us to stack the box. Secondly, the basis for our passing attack has been short and methodical passes, crossing patterns, screens, etc, which aren't affected as much by weather as the long bombs down the field. The default assumption everyone is working with that bad weather favors Seattle doesn't necessarily follow.

We might be #8 in running, but Seattle will be the best defense we face all year and if Peyton cant throw the ball it will not spell good news for us as the Hawks will surely go all old school cornhusker on our asses because we know our defense is not near as good as theirs. Add in the fact we are not a very good takeaway team in terms of TO's its really imperative that we have a passing attack. As Coach said, heart is with Denver but the worse type of weather is definitely going to favor the Hawks.

cmc0605
01-21-2014, 03:29 PM
We might be #8 in running, but Seattle will be the best defense we face all year and if Peyton cant throw the ball it will not spell good news for us as the Hawks will surely go all old school cornhusker on our asses because we know our defense is not near as good as theirs. Add in the fact we are not a very good takeaway team in terms of TO's its really imperative that we have a passing attack. As Coach said, heart is with Denver but the worse type of weather is definitely going to favor the Hawks.

Sure, if Peyton can't throw the ball at all, but this is a pretty intense leap given what we just seen for 18 games....

and our run defense is no joke.

BroncoJoe
01-21-2014, 03:53 PM
Bad weather or good, the 'hawks are going to run the ball. It's in their DNA. I think we'll be prepared. Their offense just doesn't scare me that much and I have total faith we'll move the ball on them.

pulse
01-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Sure, if Peyton can't throw the ball at all, but this is a pretty intense leap given what we just seen for 18 games....

and our run defense is no joke.

I'm not worried about the cold. Peyton threw for 397 yards and 4 TDs and Denver scored 51 points in 11º weather back in December. If it's only cold, Denver still has an advantage on offense. Denver has big physical receivers to matchup with Seattle's secondary. The cold isn't going to hamper that. But we're not fools. Make no mistake, high winds or a combination of wind and snow will hamper the passing attack of both teams. But even if that unfolds, we've had two weeks to prepare for the worst. We will need to run the ball effectively to win. Seattle has the best defense in the NFL, no doubt; however, the longer you can keep them on the field, winning the physical battles in the trenches, you give yourself a chance to win. If there is a snowstorm and high winds, the best bet for Denver is to continue playing stout run defense, take advantage of every scoring opportunity on offense, and force Russell Wilson to play from behind. That element of the gameplan, wind/snow or no wind/snow, is likely not going to change. This is going to be one hell of a physical ball game.

Northman
01-21-2014, 03:59 PM
The thing that scares me is ball security.

artie_dale
01-21-2014, 04:03 PM
as a fan of one of the teams going to this Super Bowl, I prefer they play in warm climate or in a dome. But, if it were another other two teams, I wouldn't mind some weather influenced mayhem. So, my opinion is biased.

Nomad
01-21-2014, 04:34 PM
Fog Bowl:lol:

CoachChaz
01-21-2014, 04:38 PM
I'm not worried about the cold. Peyton threw for 397 yards and 4 TDs and Denver scored 51 points in 11º weather back in December. If it's only cold, Denver still has an advantage on offense. Denver has big physical receivers to matchup with Seattle's secondary. The cold isn't going to hamper that. But we're not fools. Make no mistake, high winds or a combination of wind and snow will hamper the passing attack of both teams. But even if that unfolds, we've had two weeks to prepare for the worst. We will need to run the ball effectively to win. Seattle has the best defense in the NFL, no doubt; however, the longer you can keep them on the field, winning the physical battles in the trenches, you give yourself a chance to win. If there is a snowstorm and high winds, the best bet for Denver is to continue playing stout run defense, take advantage of every scoring opportunity on offense, and force Russell Wilson to play from behind. That element of the gameplan, wind/snow or no wind/snow, is likely not going to change. This is going to be one hell of a physical ball game.

Against a pretty decent pass defense. And I dont think he did horrible in NE. It was just that we were running so well, it was tough for him to get into a rhythm.

It's not the cold that concerns me as much as wind. If we're seeing decent winds or even high gusts...it could be an issue.

BroncoWave
01-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Against a pretty decent pass defense. And I dont think he did horrible in NE. It was just that we were running so well, it was tough for him to get into a rhythm.

Manning even said as much recently. He had a quote saying something along the lines of he wished they hadn't have run the ball so much in the first NE game because it didn't allow their passing game to get into a rhythm, and when they needed to pass for a first down it was much tougher. Even if the weather is bad in the SB, I still expect us to try to air it out unless that strategy winds up being a complete disaster.

Buff
01-21-2014, 09:02 PM
http://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/venn.png

http://grantland.com/features/fivethirtyeight-guest-post-let-it-snow/

CrazyHorse
01-22-2014, 05:27 AM
I didn't know this, but there's actually a site dedicated to this.
http://willitsnow.com/

Broncolingus
01-31-2014, 02:56 PM
Weather looks to be pretty good for the game...

...wish that (likely) 49 high was going to hang around a little longer into the evening, but as long as the precip and wind are out of the forecast, I'm a happy camper.

...now, get that passing game sharp and let's go stomp some Seahawk ass!

CrazyHorse
01-31-2014, 03:51 PM
Weather looks to be pretty good for the game...

...wish that (likely) 49 high was going to hang around a little longer into the evening, but as long as the precip and wind are out of the forecast, I'm a happy camper.

...now, get that passing game sharp and let's go stomp some Seahawk ass!

Looks like it could be a bit windy. Gusts up to 25 miles per hour during the day. It should calm down later in the evening.

Dzone
01-31-2014, 03:52 PM
I would rather they play in damn blizzard than a dome. I have hated dome football ever since houston built that stupid astroturf stadium 80 years ago. Its dark and gloomy and the colors always look like crap in a dome. Football is an outdoor sport like skiing, unless you live in Dubai.

Dzone
01-31-2014, 03:52 PM
Looks like it could be a bit windy. Gusts up to 25 miles per hour during the day. It should calm down later in the evening.
Huh? Wind? Oh crap, now Im nervous. They should play in a dome LOL

Northman
01-31-2014, 04:11 PM
Duck balls in the wind. Should be a lot of fun......

slim
01-31-2014, 04:15 PM
The report I'm looking at shows high of 51 and winds at 9 mph. WTF are you guys talking about?

CoachChaz
01-31-2014, 04:16 PM
I havent seen anything higher than 9 mph myself. Just ignore it and see what happens Sunday

slim
01-31-2014, 04:18 PM
I havent seen anything higher than 9 mph myself. Just ignore it and see what happens Sunday

The reports have been trending in the right direction. I think the weather will be a non-factor.

weazel
01-31-2014, 04:19 PM
gametime says 41 and 9mph dropping to about 30 sometime around 10.... seems good to me... JT, Moreno and Ball all night long.

Joel
01-31-2014, 05:32 PM
I didn't know this, but there's actually a site dedicated to this.
http://willitsnow.com/
That's interesting now that we're close enough forecasts actually mean something. I dislike the 15 mph winds with gusts up to 26 during the day; even the 7 mph with gusts up to 14 at night is more than I'd like. Back to the same old thing: Sure, cold, wind and/or wet affects both passing games equally, but if one team passes a lot and the other very little, only one really suffers much.

I would rather they play in damn blizzard than a dome. I have hated dome football ever since houston built that stupid astroturf stadium 80 years ago. Its dark and gloomy and the colors always look like crap in a dome. Football is an outdoor sport like skiing, unless you live in Dubai.
None of those objections is a good reason for a championship decided by weather rather than competitors. Let them play somewhere anyone can do anything they like without extraneous interference, and may the team with the most talent, skill and effective strategy win. It's bad enough Seattle gets to give their whole roster 'roids, ignore the PI ban and play on FieldTurf that was introduced to the NFL at their own stadium. They don't need even MORE advantages from the weather itself.

pulse
01-31-2014, 05:57 PM
The weather has been rendered null and void. The eastern half of the continental US has transitioned into a more zonal flow pattern through this weekend into the middle of next week. This has really allowed the temperatures to come up in the Mid-Atlantic region. Might be some light rain in the morning for the NYC area; however, should be clear with light winds by game time. Here is the official forecast within 48 hours for Sunday at Met Life Stadium, courtesy of the National Weather Service:

A chance of rain, mainly before 1pm. Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 51. Southwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Game time temps should be in the 40s. Perfect football weather. Absolutely perfect.... :D

slim
01-31-2014, 06:30 PM
Thanks, Al!!

VonDoom
01-31-2014, 07:56 PM
The weather has been rendered null and void. The eastern half of the continental US has transitioned into a more zonal flow pattern through this weekend into the middle of next week. This has really allowed the temperatures to come up in the Mid-Atlantic region. Might be some light rain in the morning for the NYC area; however, should be clear with light winds by game time. Here is the official forecast within 48 hours for Sunday at Met Life Stadium, courtesy of the National Weather Service:

A chance of rain, mainly before 1pm. Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 51. Southwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Game time temps should be in the 40s. Perfect football weather. Absolutely perfect.... :D

Exactly. I don't know what people are talking about with 25 mph winds. There has been no indication of that from everything I've seen. In the last ten days, the wind forecast has never really changed. The precipitation forecast started high and is reduced to almost nothing significant at this point. And the temperature has risen to become pretty pleasant at game time. Weather will NOT be a factor in this game, even though people have been fretting about it all year.

Broncolingus
01-31-2014, 09:31 PM
When I bumped this, I hadn't seen anything on significant winds...

http://caveviews.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bffd953ef014e8836a4f2970d-pi

...I'm confused?

(...more than usual...)

CrazyHorse
01-31-2014, 09:43 PM
Accuweather forecasts up to 26 mph gusts during the day, not constant wind and it will die down later in the evening by kickoff time.

Joel
01-31-2014, 10:21 PM
Accuweather forecasts up to 26 mph gusts during the day, not constant wind and it will die down later in the evening by kickoff time.
Still gusting up to 14 even in the evening, which I don't like, and not just because of wind chill (it's also supposed to freeze in the evening, so it's not like everything will be fine once the sun sets.) Since we somehow managed to lose ANOTHER DT during a freakin' BYE, it looks like the offense must do all the heavy lifting alone, so I want all assistance they can get.

DenBronx
01-31-2014, 10:29 PM
Winds are ecpected to be 5mph to 9mph. I doubt the gust will be a norm.

The weather is looking perfect for this game. I like that its cloudy. It will keep the sun out of the eyes of our WRs.

BroncoWave
01-31-2014, 10:35 PM
I like that its cloudy. It will keep the sun out of the eyes of our WRs.

Um, kickoff is at 6:30 PM...

pulse
02-01-2014, 02:48 AM
Um, kickoff is at 6:30 PM...

He's being sarcastic. See here (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/576993-super-bowl-snowstorm?p=2123886#post2123886). :smile:

Dapper Dan
02-01-2014, 04:14 AM

Nomad
02-01-2014, 09:16 AM
Weather shouldn't be a factor at all.

Shazam!
02-01-2014, 09:28 AM
The weather here is in the 30s, no precipitation until Wed. Low or no winds.

Another break went Denver's way. Bone chilling temps here the last week or 10 days, with wind chill into the single digits.

BroncoWave
02-01-2014, 09:41 AM
The weather here is in the 30s, no precipitation until Wed. Low or no winds.

Another break went Denver's way. Bone chilling temps here the last week or 10 days, with wind chill into the single digits.

I don't really believe in "destiny", but if I did, destiny definitely seems to be on Denver's side this season with all the breaks we are getting weather-wise in the playoffs.

Nomad
02-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Interesting......the coldest Superbowl ever was in New Orleans.

Joel
02-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Interesting......the coldest Superbowl ever was in New Orleans.
It's not THAT interesting; it just means New Orleans had a SB colder than all the ones in Miami, Southern California and domes. It's just a reminder the Bayou City's had THE Dome before the Big Easy (or anywhere else) had A dome, so New Orleans got three chances to set the record. Which will now be shattered because anyone who builds an expensive new stadium full of skyboxes gets rewarded with a SB. If Green Bay tears down and replaces Lambeau, we'll get Ice Bowl II, even if it's played like crap as a result.

MOtorboat
02-01-2014, 01:22 PM
It's not THAT interesting; it just means New Orleans had a SB colder than all the ones in Miami, Southern California and domes. It's just a reminder the Bayou City's had THE Dome before the Big Easy (or anywhere else) had A dome, so New Orleans got three chances to set the record. Which will now be shattered because anyone who builds an expensive new stadium full of skyboxes gets rewarded with a SB. If Green Bay tears down and replaces Lambeau, we'll get Ice Bowl II, even if it's played like crap as a result.

You'd have to be pretty blind to not realize that New York is getting a Super Bowl because it's New York, and really no other reason other than that.

Seattle and New England both built massive, brand new outdoor stadiums and are not in the running for a Super Bowl. Same with Philly, Denver, Cleveland, Baltimore. Both MLB and the NBA do that for their all star games but the NFL doesn't.

It's not build it and they'll bring a Super Bowl. It doesn't work like that for the NFL. New York is getting a Super Bowl because it's New York.

I am intrigued by your ability to make everything sound so ominous, though.

Ravage!!!
02-01-2014, 01:35 PM

Lambeau will never get a SUper Bowl unless they can provide more than a new stadium. THe outdoor events and 2 weeks (especially the 2nd week) is just as important to the Super Bowl event as the game itself. Green Bay is NOT a very large city at all, and there is NO WAY it could support the crowds that flock in. They dont have the hotels, parking, restraunts, and room to host such a large event.

They tried letting detroit host a Super Bowl a few years back because they had a Dome....but it was a Disaster for all the outdoor activities for the pre-view week.

Broncolingus
02-01-2014, 02:03 PM
They tried letting detroit host a Super Bowl a few years back because they had a Dome....but it was a Disaster for all the outdoor activities for the pre-view week.

Well...and the fact it was Detroit :D

Nomad
02-01-2014, 02:50 PM

No need to get wound up, I heard it on the Weather Channel. It was at Tulane Stadium.

Joel
02-01-2014, 04:26 PM
You'd have to be pretty blind to not realize that New York is getting a Super Bowl because it's New York, and really no other reason other than that.
Really? Because New York City's had a pro football team since 1925, and TWO since 1960, but this is the first time they've EVER hosted a Super Bowl. It's pure coincidence that's just a few years after they dropped >$1 billion for a new stadium? Odd, because all the articles on the subject have been very clear Mara's been pushing for a SB since at least 911 (itself an odd inspiration; the logical response to a major terrorist attack on NYC simply for BEING NYC should not have been "let's bring the whole world here and broadcast it live globally!")

The articles have also been very clear that the NFL was very clear it was never going to happen at the Meadowlands. Summoning the SB was such a big motive for building MetLife Stadium that one local official lamented the refusal to renovate the Meadowlands and put on a retractable roof so they could host half a dozen instead of just one.

Seattle and New England both built massive, brand new outdoor stadiums and are not in the running for a Super Bowl. Same with Philly, Denver, Cleveland, Baltimore. Both MLB and the NBA do that for their all star games but the NFL doesn't.

It's not build it and they'll bring a Super Bowl. It doesn't work like that for the NFL. New York is getting a Super Bowl because it's New York.

I am intrigued by your ability to make everything sound so ominous, though.
Seattle and NE built their stadiums over 10 years and an NFL Commissioner ago; things change.

It's a combination; the NFL definitely wants a large population and media center, for the reasons Ravage!!! stated, but a new stadium full of cushy skyboxes for people who spend >$1000 just for nose bleed tickets is the primary prerequisite. As many others have complained at length, Super Bowls aren't for people who fondly remember going to games at the old Mile High, or Texas Stadium, or RFK, or the Murph: Super Bowls are for people whose reaction to seats at such ancient storied NFL stadiums is not "Oooo!" but "Eeeew!"

Lambeau will never get a SUper Bowl unless they can provide more than a new stadium. THe outdoor events and 2 weeks (especially the 2nd week) is just as important to the Super Bowl event as the game itself. Green Bay is NOT a very large city at all, and there is NO WAY it could support the crowds that flock in. They dont have the hotels, parking, restraunts, and room to host such a large event.

That I'll buy, at least to a point. Then again, much as I despise the Packers, one very big thing I like about them is that being owned by the town prevents the team and fans being subjected to the vast majority of crap driven by owner greed at the expense of the team and the game itself. The people of Green Bay will vote to tear down Lambeau elephants ice skate in Hell.

Joel
02-01-2014, 04:28 PM
No need to get wound up, I heard it on the Weather Channel. It was at Tulane Stadium.
I'm as loose as possible the night before a SB where the deck's stacked against us, it just wasn't noteworthy, IMHO. A New Orleans January was warmer than about 20 in SoCal and Miami; meh.

Shazam!
02-02-2014, 09:57 AM
High 40s now, no wind, unseasonably warm, sunny.

Weather will not be a factor tonight, barring a freaky scenario.

Slick
02-02-2014, 10:32 AM
High 40s now, no wind, unseasonably warm, sunny.

Weather will not be a factor tonight, barring a freaky scenario.

I thought I read somewhere this morning that rain was possible in the evening.

BroncoJoe
02-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Glorious day in Broncos country - clear skies, a bit of snow on the ground.

Shazam!
02-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Light rain is a possibility, but winds and temp will not be a factor.

Broncolingus
02-02-2014, 04:03 PM
The skies are going to cooperate...

...protect Manning like you've done all postseason and shred the hell out of that mouthy, cocky, Seacocks secondary that everyone's saying is unbeatable!