PDA

View Full Version : who do you perfer as our rb..this and next season..

broncos9697
11-28-2007, 11:02 AM
I want to know from all members who would you rather have as our rb the rest of this season and next.....let me know...
here's what I think..this season mike bell as our star...
next season t. henry....
do we need to draft one early===NO...

underrated29
11-28-2007, 11:59 AM
henry and hall this year..

henry and hall next year.

Stand Ablaze
11-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Make a poll!

I wouldn't want mike bell to start for the rest of the season, I'd rather have cecil the diesel sapp, if andre's not healthy.

Now next year, I'd like to see Travis Henry in the backfield, he's solid when he's healthy, and he can get those tough yards. Many people forget that he was leading the league in rush yards earlier in the season and want to crown Young and Hall as the starter. :rolleyes:

omac
11-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Next season, I'd like the depth chart to stay the way it is at RB ... IF Travis Henry is fully healthy and not suspended; whether Young or Hall are 2 and 3, or reversed doesn't matter much to me; we still don't know who's better, as they've started very few games.

This season, if all 3 are unhealthy, I'd RBBC Bell and Sapp. I wouldn't use either as a featured back, the way we have Henry, Young, and Hall.

Lonestar
11-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Next season, I'd like the depth chart to stay the way it is at RB ... IF Travis Henry is fully healthy and not suspended; whether Young or Hall are 2 and 3, or reversed doesn't matter much to me; we still don't know who's better, as they've started very few games.

This season, if all 3 are unhealthy, I'd RBBC Bell and Sapp. I wouldn't use either as a featured back, the way we have Henry, Young, and Hall.

Sounds right to me..

I suspect though that Thenry has seen the last of DEN if he gets a mandated vacation W/O pay..

Ricky
11-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Can I pick McFadden to be a Bronco next year?

Lonestar
11-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Can I pick McFadden to be a Bronco next year?

will prbably go to MIA the way theyt are loisng them this year..

Ricky
11-28-2007, 02:47 PM
And he will be hurt by the second week of preseason.

omac
11-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Sounds right to me..

I suspect though that Thenry has seen the last of DEN if he gets a mandated vacation W/O pay..

I don't know; I think Shanahan kept the door open through his own lie detector and drug tests. Odds are, though, that either Hall or Young explode for a big year next season.

Lonestar
11-28-2007, 03:06 PM
I don't know; I think Shanahan kept the door open through his own lie detector and drug tests. Odds are, though, that either Hall or Young explode for a big year next season.

I think if hee goes on vacaton that opens a door to get back cap money from him and unless he signs a new deal for a lot less I think he is gone, considering the success of Young and Hall.

Tned
11-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Henry. Jury is still out between Young and Hall as the backup/relief back.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Color me unconvinced about Henry, given his off the field trouble and myriad of nagging injuries (ribs, torn PCL) and the salary that he was given. If the league comes down harshly on him and he gets the one year ban, I don't see why he's worth it to be on the team. Denver just needs to cut their losses. Even when healthy, I didn't think that Henry was THAT impressive.

I had a partial tear in my PCL last year and the effects are still lingering, especially now in the cold weather. It's the strongest ligament and can heal on it's own (which is why he didn't have to have surgery, neither did) but honestly, how banged up is this guy going to be? If he's suspended, is he worth keeping on the team? He'll be out of football for a year, and he'll be 30 by the time he gets to come back and play. I don't know if it's worth it.

Most teams in the NFL have their running backs set. It's a position that has really become devalued over the past several years because getting a 1,000 yard rusher isn't that hard anymore, and for the simple fact that most teams are doing the 1-2 punch because they've seen how successful it can be in places like Denver.

I'd prefer us to get one of the talents coming out of the draft this year. I'm expecting four or five juniors to declare which will really sweeten the pot and give us a great shot to get a talent anywhere in the first several rounds. Do I think there are bigger needs on the team? Sure, but I don't think either Young or Hall are long-term options to this team. Get someone else they can help spell, and get someone with a bunch of talent.

That's how we got Portis, a great back just happened to fall into our laps. I think that this class (junior) coming out has the potential to do give us another one of those opportunities. Build around Cutler, and good things will happen.

Draft one before the first three rounds are over.

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
11-28-2007, 06:37 PM
henry .

broncofanatic1987
11-28-2007, 07:31 PM
I prefer Henry be the starter this year and next.

In the event that Henry is suspended, it is absolutely necessary to draft one within the first three rounds next year in the draft.

UnderArmour
11-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Easy. I'd prefer Brian Westbrook as our RB with Maurice Jones Drew and LaDanian Tomlinson backing him up.

Skywalker
11-28-2007, 09:46 PM
This season: Young and Hall.

Next: Henry, if we keep him. That's what we pay him for.