PDA

View Full Version : Jack Del Rio is one step from backing up Von Miller's Broncos promise

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Last March 5, Von Miller sent out a tweet proclaiming the Broncos would win the Super Bowl.

"GUARANTEE IT," Miller tweeted.

Now, 10½ months later, Miller was in the middle of the Broncos' victorious locker room Sunday, leaning on crutches, an enormous brace covering his right knee.

"One step away," Miller said.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24947423/jack-del-rio-is-one-step-from-backing

DenBronx
01-20-2014, 05:57 PM
We could have really used Von Millers speed to contain Wilson in this game.

Its weird because we have lost some of our best players, yet look better on defense now. Got to think Del Rio made some adjustments.

Broncolingus
01-21-2014, 11:38 AM
NFLN said defense has given up an average of 15 points over the last 4-games (incl postseason)...sounds about right.

...with the Chargers and Pats offense's playing pretty well down the stretch, I'll take it.

Defense getting hot at the right time...

...and physical!

One more game, fellas...

artie_dale
01-21-2014, 11:42 AM

Its weird because we have lost some of our best players, yet look better on defense now. Got to think Del Rio made some adjustments.

That's exactly what I said in another thread I started and I didn't get nothing but flack for suggesting it.

Ravage!!!
01-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Watching Wilson play against the 49ers just increases my belief that this game is ours.

artie_dale
01-21-2014, 11:44 AM
Watching Wilson play against the 49ers just increases my belief that this game is ours.

I agree. He seemed like a deer in headlights and both he and Kap threw up some prayers (ill advised passes) they were lucky to complete. Keep playing like that and our defense should be just fine against them.

Ravage!!!
01-21-2014, 11:55 AM
I agree. He seemed like a deer in headlights and both he and Kap threw up some prayers (ill advised passes) they were lucky to complete. Keep playing like that and our defense should be just fine against them.

The thing that I noticed that when he scrambled, he kept boing BACKWARDs. Now he did buy some time and hit the big pass, which is always scary. But to be honest... I don't think I wo uld rush him to sack him as much as rush to keep in the pocket and just force him to throw it. He's not very accurate and they don't rely on him to throw much. He's been pretty bad through the last number of games.

Now Lynch.. Lynch scares me...... not as much as their defense does...but he's scary.

Nomad
01-21-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm sure the Seahawks secondary will be testing the refs to see what they can get away with early in the game. This will be the more physical group the BRONCOS have faced all year.

Broncolingus
01-21-2014, 12:08 PM
I'm sure the Seahawks secondary will be testing the refs to see what they can get away with early in the game. This will be the more physical group the BRONCOS have faced all year.

Well said, and I think so too...very early.

If Manning gets the kind of pass protection he's had the last two games, I'm not sure it'll make any difference...

...I also think Denver is going to throw short, quick, and over the middle a TON in this game.

We may even see more screens than we've seen all year in this one...

Nomad
01-21-2014, 12:11 PM
Well said, and I think so too...very early.

If Manning gets the kind of pass protection he's had the last two games, I'm not sure it'll make any difference...

...I also think Denver is going to throw short, quick, and over the middle a TON in this game.

We may even see more screens than we've seen all year in this one...

Perhaps Bill Leavy and his crew will be officiating;) :lol:

Broncolingus
01-21-2014, 12:12 PM

Ha!

...no joke, right?

:D

Ziggy
01-21-2014, 02:09 PM

JDR has went to a physical, man to man defense in the first 3 quarters of both games. He went back to more of a soft zone look in the 4th quarters because of leads and injuries.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-21-2014, 02:15 PM

This says who will be officiating.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/page/lastcall140119/2013-nfl-playoffs-sb-xlviii-storylines-start-manning

SR
01-21-2014, 02:16 PM
That's exactly what I said in another thread I started and I didn't get nothing but flack for suggesting it.

You also suggested that none of our receivers can run routes worth a damn and were incapable of beating corners on their own.

artie_dale
01-21-2014, 02:20 PM
You also suggested that none of our receivers can run routes worth a damn and were incapable of beating corners on their own.

In a different thread. So, to disagree with me on one topic ruins any chance of me having a any opinion worth considering on another topic?

DenBronx
01-21-2014, 04:50 PM

Well, we are all awake on that subject now. :)

To me, that is a sign of a championship caliber team. When good players go down we still find ways to get it done.