PDA

View Full Version : Bitter Bill Accuses Welker of Dirty Play

BroncoWave
01-20-2014, 09:19 AM
From Adam Schefter:

Bill Belichick said Wes Welker's hit on Aqib Talib was "a deliberate play to take out Aqib. I'll let the league handle the discipline."

From Vic Lombardi:

Is there a more bitter man on earth than Hoodie? You lost. Your player (Edelman) did the EXACT same thing on the previous series.

Dzone
01-20-2014, 09:23 AM
Exactly! DRC got the same kind of hit. Belicheck-Great coach, no class..

chazoe60
01-20-2014, 09:28 AM
He's probably just diluted enough to believe that was the difference in the game also.

Buff
01-20-2014, 09:45 AM
So, how exactly does Wes's ass taste then, Bill?

atwater27
01-20-2014, 09:52 AM
Never figured Bill for a crybaby. Makes victory that much sweeter.

WTE
01-20-2014, 09:57 AM
It was an illegal pick. Peyton brought that over from Indy. Harrison & Wayne were famous for that.

chazoe60
01-20-2014, 09:58 AM
The Broncos are in the business of using their oft concussed tiny WRs as knee breaking hitmen. Just ST FU Bill.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
01-20-2014, 09:59 AM
It was an illegal pick. Peyton brought that over from Indy. Harrison & Wayne were famous for that.

So are the Patriots...

chazoe60
01-20-2014, 10:00 AM

The series before Eddleman did the exact same thing and knocked DRC out of the game for a few plays.

TXBRONC
01-20-2014, 10:04 AM

No it wasn't that's just your sour grapes opinion. He was looking back at the quarterback so get over it.

Also as it has been pointed Edeldick did the same damn thing on previous series. So just be quiet for a change.

Army Bronco
01-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Lol....and the crying begins. Wade Phillips and BB have issues.

Earendil
01-20-2014, 10:26 AM
I love how the Patriots cry when things stop going their way. The Pats and the Steelers have been the beneficiaries of more questionable calls and non-calls over the last 10 years than any other teams in recent memory. So keep crying those salty tears Bill.

MOtorboat
01-20-2014, 10:27 AM
it was an illegal pick. Peyton brought that over from indy. Harrison & wayne were famous for that.

lol.

WTE
01-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Peyton's smart enough to know the ref's often miss a pick and seldom throw a flag. Normally the opposing coaches have to alert the refs before the game to look out for it.

That's what happened to Peyton his last couple years at Indy. The refs were continually alerted to it and finally started throwing the flag so Peyton stopped instructing his receivers to cheat.

But Peyton cleverly took an old play from his playbook yesterday.

BroncoJoe
01-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Peyton's smart enough to know the ref's often miss a pick and seldom throw a flag. Normally the opposing coaches have to alert the refs before the game to look out for it.

That's what happened to Peyton his last his last couple years at Indy. The refs were continually alerted to it and finally started throwing the flag so Peyton stopped instructing his receivers to cheat.

Take the loss with dignity and grace, WTE. I thought you were better than this.

MOtorboat
01-20-2014, 10:30 AM

That's what happened to Peyton his last his last couple years at Indy. The refs were continually alerted to it and finally started throwing the flag so Peyton stopped instructing his receivers to cheat.

Hypocrite.

McDaniels ENTIRE play book is made up of picks and wide receivers blocking.

We watched it up close for two years.

broken12
01-20-2014, 10:30 AM

That's what happened to Peyton his last couple years at Indy. The refs were continually alerted to it and finally started throwing the flag so Peyton stopped instructing his receivers to cheat.

Lol, that's the only way the keebler elves get open and now its unfair when done back

Runamok
01-20-2014, 10:31 AM
From Adam Schefter:

From Vic Lombardi:

Belichick is probably right on that one.

Not only did it appear intentional and go way beyond a "rub" or pick, that play was offensive PI, by Rule. It struck me at the time that there was a violation because you can't just wipe out a defender in the course of a pass. I wasn't 100% sure of the Rule as to the timing of when it was or was not a penalty, but checking the Rules, it was def a violation.

Before you argue, read the Rules. I've highlighted the applicable sections.

Rule 8 Forward Pass, Backward Pass, Fumble

RULE 8, SECTION 1, ARTICLE 5

DEFINITION

ELIGIBLE RECEIVERS
Article 5 Eligible Receivers. The following players are eligible to catch a forward pass that is thrown from behind the line of
scrimmage.
(a) Defensive players.
(b) Offensive players who are on either end of the line, provided they either have the numbers of eligible players (1-49
and 80-89) or have legally reported to play a position on the end of the line. See 5-1-2.
(c) Offensive players who are legally at least one yard behind the line at the snap, provided they either have the numbers
of eligible players (1-49 and 80-89) or have legally reported to play a position in the backfield.
(d) All other offensive players after the ball has been touched by any defensive player or any eligible offensive player.

Section 5 Pass Interference

Article 2 Prohibited Acts by both teams while the ball is in the air. Acts that are pass interference include, but are not
limited to:
(a) Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the catch. (REMEMBER HERE: Defenders ARE "Eligible Receivers)

Article 4 Other Prohibited Acts By the Offense. Blocking more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage by an
offensive player prior to a pass being thrown is offensive pass interference.
Note: It is also pass interference by the offense to block a defender beyond the line while the pass is in the air, if the block
occurs in the vicinity of the player to whom the pass is thrown.

None of this is to say, Wes intended to "take Talib out" but there's no question that it was a violation of the Rules. Wes was almost in tears after game defending his honor.

BroncoJoe
01-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Two players running into eachother does not automatically equal pass interference. You could say Talib interfered with Wes' attempt to run his route.

It does go both ways...

smith49
01-20-2014, 10:36 AM
Comical. Absolutely comical. Anybody that has had the displeasure of watching a patty game over the last ten years knows that the illegal pick plays are a mainstay in their playbook.

Oh, and it wasn't even intentional in any sense of the word. Give me a break BB.

Runamok
01-20-2014, 10:39 AM
Two players running into eachother does not automatically equal pass interference. You could say Talib interfered with Wes' attempt to run his route.

It does go both ways...

Yeah, I suppose you could say that. But Welker didn't just run into him. He curled into a cross-body block position and took him out.

Army Bronco
01-20-2014, 10:40 AM
I just watched the play again. Wes was looking back for the ball. Talib ran into him. Anyone who thinks this was illegal is 1. Retarded or 2. Bitter about losing and are looking for excuses. 3. Full of shit.

chazoe60
Belichick is probably right on that one.

Not only did it appear intentional and go way beyond a "rub" or pick, that play was offensive PI, by Rule. It struck me at the time that there was a violation because you can't just wipe out a defender in the course of a pass. I wasn't 100% sure of the Rule as to the timing of when it was or was not a penalty, but checking the Rules, it was def a violation.

Before you argue, read the Rules. I've highlighted the applicable sections.

Rule 8 Forward Pass, Backward Pass, Fumble

RULE 8, SECTION 1, ARTICLE 5

DEFINITION

ELIGIBLE RECEIVERS
Article 5 Eligible Receivers. The following players are eligible to catch a forward pass that is thrown from behind the line of
scrimmage.
(a) Defensive players.
(b) Offensive players who are on either end of the line, provided they either have the numbers of eligible players (1-49
and 80-89) or have legally reported to play a position on the end of the line. See 5-1-2.
(c) Offensive players who are legally at least one yard behind the line at the snap, provided they either have the numbers
of eligible players (1-49 and 80-89) or have legally reported to play a position in the backfield.
(d) All other offensive players after the ball has been touched by any defensive player or any eligible offensive player.

Section 5 Pass Interference

Article 2 Prohibited Acts by both teams while the ball is in the air. Acts that are pass interference include, but are not
limited to:
(a) Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the catch. (REMEMBER HERE: Defenders ARE "Eligible Receivers)

Article 4 Other Prohibited Acts By the Offense. Blocking more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage by an
offensive player prior to a pass being thrown is offensive pass interference.
Note: It is also pass interference by the offense to block a defender beyond the line while the pass is in the air, if the block
occurs in the vicinity of the player to whom the pass is thrown.

None of this is to say, Wes intended to "take Talib out" but there's no question that it was a violation of the Rules. Wes was almost in tears after game defending his honor.

You mad bro?

BroncoJoe
Yeah, I suppose you could say that. But Welker didn't just run into him. He curled into a cross-body block position and took him out.

Just preparing for impact.

:D

smith49
01-20-2014, 10:43 AM

He curled up because that's what wide outs do to avoid getting destroyed. It was a natural reaction when he felt the hit coming. Good grief, this is such a joke.

Runamok
01-20-2014, 10:47 AM
You mad bro?

Not at all. I have no dog in the fight.

Just pointing out the Rules.

And I don't intend to get into an argument with someone who doesn't know the rules. Not saying that's you, but that play was pretty clearly a violation, all the way round.

WTE
01-20-2014, 10:52 AM
Wes is feeling pretty brave lately with that new Space Balls helmet.

blamkin86
01-20-2014, 10:53 AM
Brady's three (really long) bad passes had nothing to do with the loss. This was the entire reason.

Good catch!!! I'm sure there's a full investigation in progress.

gregbroncs
01-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Didn't the Patriots do the exact same thing the very possession before this play? The only reason this is being talked about is because their guy got hurt and ours finished the game.

chazoe60
Wes is feeling pretty brave lately with that new Space Balls helmet.
His Schwartz is bigger than Brady's

RyanC
They both seem to look at each other and then away right before they hit each other, to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZQU8nrtyL4

I don't see why that would go against Welker any more than it would go against Talib. Maybe two offsetting penalties. From the footage alone Welker appears to actually take the worst of it.

gregbroncs
01-20-2014, 10:55 AM

Edelman's was the same damn thing. If he's going to bitch about it maybe he should stop calling the same plays.

Northman
01-20-2014, 10:56 AM
So let me get this straight if i can. A NE team NOTORIOUS for mugging the shit out receivers for years all of a sudden have a problem when a receiver bumps back?

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Guess what BB, shouldnt of lost that game to the Dolphins.....

Army Bronco
01-20-2014, 10:57 AM
You mad bro?

And I don't intend to get into an argument with someone who doesn't know the rules. Not saying that's you, but that play was pretty clearly a violation, all the way round.I read the rules you posted. Welker looking back for the ball is not a blocking position. I'm pretty sure you have played football at some point. Did your coaches ever tell anyone that in order to block you look and turn your body away from the player you intend to block. No. That's why its a pick play. But if we are going to call it illegal then so was Edelmans play earlier and so is the Patriots triangle play they use regularly.

Northman

And I don't intend to get into an argument with someone who doesn't know the rules. Not saying that's you, but that play was pretty clearly a violation, all the way round.

Calls get missed in every game. It happens but you play on regardless.

chazoe60
Bill Belichick sucks at losing. He better get used to it though. If he plans on coaching longer than Brady plans on playing then he's going to lose a shit load of games. That team has nothing when Brady leaves.

OrangeHoof
01-20-2014, 10:58 AM
Watching the game replay now. Edelman threw his shoulder into DR-C on the previous series exactly the way Welker did on Talib. IMO, it's okay to complain about it, but don't pretend the other team is the only one who does it. It's like defensive backs grabbing receivers down the field. Every team does it and you can see it on almost all pass plays.

This is an outgrowth of the WCO where receivers run underneath routes and other big receivers chip and rub to spring big gains after the catch.

It's the Championship Game. Gotta put the big boy pants on and play physical. The Broncos are going to have an even more physical opponent with Seattle in two weeks.

smith49
01-20-2014, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE=Runamok;2120821]Not at all. I have no dog in the fight.

And I don't intend to get into an argument with someone who doesn't know the rules. Not saying that's you, but that play was pretty clearly a violation, all the way round.[/

Oh, I see. You KNOW the rules. Ok, I guess I'll have to accept you're opinion because you know. Most of us on here have no concept of the rules. We are all brand new to the sport. Please enlighten us further mr football rules guru.

weazel
01-20-2014, 11:03 AM
LMAO **** you Bill!

weazel
01-20-2014, 11:03 AM
Brady classy in defeat.
Belichick just the usual douchebag attitude

gregbroncs
01-20-2014, 11:04 AM

Edelman put his shoulder down and launched into DRC. That wasn't called. The CB on the Broncos 2nd series grabbed onto Julius's jersey and did not let go until the ball hit the ground, that was not called. Penalties get missed and in this game they let them play.

mouthofsouth
01-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Colin Cowherd on ESPN just analyzed what Bill said and stated that is what the Patriots do all the time, just what Bill was accusing Welker of. He said Belichick and Welker have never got along. I wonder why Hoodie had nothing to say about the obvious pass interference that was not called on the Patriots, which prevented a Denver T.D.

Dzone
01-20-2014, 11:08 AM
John Lynch in interview said BB is totally wrong about this.
Looking at that video, looks like Wes took the brunt of the hit. It wasnt a blindside hit at all

Northman
01-20-2014, 11:10 AM

Aquib is 6'1 205, Wes is 5'9 185. Of course Wes is going to crouch and prepare for impact. He's not the biggest receiver in the world.

OrangeHoof
01-20-2014, 11:12 AM
Penalties get missed and in this game they let them play.

Definitely true and once you see the refs are going to not call the ticky-tack stuff, you have to adjust your game and take advantage of it.

Frankly, the games are overofficiated now so it is refreshing when the refs let the players play. Call the most blatant stuff that change the play result and, otherwise, keep the flag in the pants.

Day1BroncoFan
01-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Go home and rest bill you douchebag.

BigDaddyBronco
01-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Bill just giving another example of why he is so detested. With the handshake at the end with Fox I thought he might finally show some class and dignity. Nope, same old Bill.

MileHighCrew
01-20-2014, 11:17 AM
This is an example of why I hate the Pats and hated McDaniels, as said it is no different then DRC getting layed out and after losing is showig no class. He could address the play with the league if he wanted too but would rather keep his face in the media by complaining publically

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1m

@TooAthletic so was the edelman play on drc. what's the difference. he's fishing for an excuse as to why his team got drubbed. petty.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 7m

Last year, Manning lost a tough game and personally congratulated Ray Lewis. This year, Hoodie lost and personally called out Welker. Classy

The Fan Morning Show ‏@FanMorningShow 34m

Just now on the show, John Lynch says Belichick "is wrong" in regards to the Welker hit on Talib.#Broncos
Retweeted by Vic Lombardi

shannon sharpe ‏@ShannonSharpe 46m

Did Coach Hoodie say Welker intentionally hurt Talib? Wow. The better tm won so move on.#sorelosers

Donte' Stallworth ‏@DonteStallworth 1h

I have nothing but love and respect for Bill Belichick, but he's absolutely wrong about Wes Welker's hit on Aqib Talib... and he knows it.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h

.@Footballaholic Of course it was a pick play. Every damn team runs pick plays. The Patrtiots run pick plays. Of course it was a pick play.

Here's my interview with Welker. I ask him specifically about this collision with Talib: http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/9746478-wes-welker-weve-earned-this/ …

So let me get this straight. Wes Welker, a man who suffered two concussions in 22 days, is suddenly a human torpedo? Hoodie is a joke.

Wes Welker is laughing in his oversized helmet right now. Trust me, he's loving this.

Hoodie is making this personal. He's still ticked at Welker for bailing on his arse. Hoodie is making Richard Sherman sound classy.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2h

Is there a more bitter man on earth than Hoodie? You lost. Your player (Edelman) did the EXACT same thing on the previous series.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2h

Belichick says Welker's hit on Talib was deliberate, seems to think NFL will fine Welker http://wp.me/p14QSB-9orj

GEM
01-20-2014, 11:23 AM

Your coach, your qb and their fans (you) need to learn to lose with some class. I mean it's always sour grapes with that part of the country. :laugh: It's sad to watch.

Coach is still pissed that Welker left the evil empire. Funny....he's told Vic off the record that he loves it in Denver, loves the freedom out from under Bill's thumb. :D

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2014, 11:24 AM
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Patriots coach Bill Belichick called Wes Welker's collision Sunday with New England cornerback Aqib Talib "one of the worst plays I've seen," a sharp critique of the actions of one of his former stars.

Belichick delivered the comments roughly one minute into his news conference at Gillette Stadium on Monday morning, less than 24 hours after the Patriots fell to the Denver Broncos, 26-16, in the AFC Championship Game.

Belichick's criticism was unprovoked, part of the coach's opening remarks, and stands as stinging commentary from a man who usually limits what he provides in a public forum.

"It was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib. No attempt to get open," Belichick said. "I'll let the league handle the discipline on that play, whatever they decide. It's one of the worst plays I've seen. That's all I'll say about that."

rest - http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10321911/2013-nfl-playoffs-bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-unhappy-wes-welker-hit-aqib-talib

Northman
01-20-2014, 11:24 AM

I have nothing but love and respect for Bill Belichick, but he's absolutely wrong about Wes Welker's hit on Aqib Talib... and he knows it.

Says a lot coming from a former Patriot.

chazoe60
01-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Don't worry WTE, we'll get Welker that SB ring that you guys couldn't deliver.
#Welker=Borque2.0

Northman
01-20-2014, 11:29 AM
Don't worry WTE, we'll get Welker that SB ring that you guys couldn't deliver.
#Welker=Borque2.0

We are good friends we are.

jhns
01-20-2014, 11:39 AM
This crying just makes the victory that much better.

chazoe60
01-20-2014, 11:40 AM
This crying just makes the victory that much better.

Belichick tears are bitter yet delicious.

Runamok
01-20-2014, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=Runamok;2120821]Not at all. I have no dog in the fight.

And I don't intend to get into an argument with someone who doesn't know the rules. Not saying that's you, but that play was pretty clearly a violation, all the way round.[/

Oh, I see. You KNOW the rules. Ok, I guess I'll have to accept you're opinion because you know. Most of us on here have no concept of the rules. We are all brand new to the sport. Please enlighten us further mr football rules guru.

Just read them. It's not all that difficult. Then you'll know them too

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Why is no one on the national scene bringing up the fact that Edelman did the same thing to drc before this happened? How stupid of hoodie to bring up what he feels Wes did, when his own player did the same to drc

OrangeHoof
01-20-2014, 11:46 AM
Belicheat blaming Welker for the loss is like blaming New England law enforcement for taking out his psycho tight end.

Northman
01-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Your coach, your qb and their fans (you) need to learn to lose with some class. I mean it's always sour grapes with that part of the country. :laugh: It's sad to watch.

Coach is still pissed that Welker left the evil empire. Funny....he's told Vic off the record that he loves it in Denver, loves the freedom out from under Bill's thumb. :D

It is pretty funny considering that BB is always acting like he doesnt need star players to get it done outside of Brady.

chazoe60
01-20-2014, 11:48 AM
You seem so upset. Is it because your 8 year run of perfect playoff prognostication was recently pulverized?

slim
01-20-2014, 11:49 AM
What a douche.

#sourgrapes

MOtorboat
01-20-2014, 11:51 AM

We know what the rules are. It's a pick. Sometimes it gets called, sometimes it doesn't. I believe Decker was called for it later in the game. McDaniels' offense is also built around pick plays.

Belicheck is suggesting it was targeting and Welker should get fined. That's a whole separate conversation.

Broncolingus
01-20-2014, 11:52 AM
What a douche.

#sourgrapes

Yup...that's all it is.

Already said several times, but Edelman did the exact same thing to DRC...

Typical (and usual) double-standard from the Patriots and their fans, and shut your yapper, Belicheat.

smith49
01-20-2014, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE=smith49;2120844]

Oh but it is soooo difficult to understand the rules of football. It's not like I've watched it since I was 6 years old or ever even played the game. No, I think you have the market cornered on rules. It's completely illogical to think any of the rest of us could possibly understand them.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-20-2014, 11:56 AM
Runamuck...

Isn't this the guy who announced himself as a Broncos fan when he made his infallible prediction?

:laugh:

Nomad
01-20-2014, 11:59 AM
I expect any coach to call out the play and stick up for their players, as long as the NFL doesn't think it's worth Welker taking a seat on the bench for the next game.

TXBRONC
01-20-2014, 12:08 PM

Troll somewhere else. Even Belicheat admitted into today's press conference run rub route including your dipshit team. You're not very bright if think Manning is going to intentionally run one of his receiver into a defensive back.

TXBRONC
01-20-2014, 12:10 PM
We know what the rules are dipshit. It's a pick. Sometimes it gets called, sometimes it doesn't. I believe Decker was called for it later in the game. McDaniels' offense is also built around pick plays.

Belicheck is suggesting it was targeting and Welker should get fined. That's a whole separate conversation.

Considering that Welker has had two concussions this season I don't he would done that intentionally. Belicheck is just being a sour puss about the lose.

weazel
01-20-2014, 12:20 PM
I dont want to sound like a dick but who cares? the Pats are yesterday's news, time to start paying attention to another POS loser, Pete Carrol

GEM
01-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Word for the wise....if you can't debate without calling another poster a silly name, a message board is not the place for you.

artie_dale
01-20-2014, 12:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZQU8nrtyL4

http://gifsection.com/2014/01/julian-edelman-layed-dominique-rodgers-cromartie-broncos-patriots/julian-edelman-block-on-dominique-rodgers-cromartie/#.Ut1b8zbn_ug

If anyone knows how to make that gif^^^ show up without needing to click the link, please do feel free.

Both Welker & DRC look like they took the brunt of both of those hits. Talib getting injured was a fluke. Nothing more.

weazel
01-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Belichick tears are bitter yet delicious.

num num num

Timmy!
01-20-2014, 01:01 PM
:lol:

**** the patriots.

WTE
01-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Word for the wise....if you can't debate without calling another poster a silly name, a message board is not the place for you.

Ummmmm? :confused:

Aren't you the same person who said this to me yesterday at 7:01pm?

**** off! Amendola will take welkers place, youre always so full of shit. I will take the win and you can take a knee, pansy.

Angel
01-20-2014, 01:51 PM
What's wrong Belicheat, you can dish it out but you can't take it you Whining *****!!!!

topscribe
01-20-2014, 01:54 PM
It seems Bill should realize that this is football. People hit, and people get hit.
Personally, I admire a block like that, whether it's their side or ours.

pulse
01-20-2014, 01:55 PM
So the Dark Lord Hoodie is butthurt over a play his that his own offense is guilty of using on a frequent basis because it resulted in one of his own players getting injured? The Patriots run these same checks and rubs every damn game. This is hilarious. I really am shocked Bill would call this out in a press conference. I hope this backfires on him and the league office and rules committee pulls tape of the Patriots doing the same damn thing in almost every game they play. Yes, it's absolutely unfortunate that Talib got injured. However, there is no damn way the NFL is going to fine or discipline Welker for this play. 1) HE DIDN'T LUNGE OR TARGET, 2) HE DIDN'T GO FOR NECK OR HEAD, 3) HE DIDN'T GO FOR THE KNEES. Welker was clearly in a defensive posture when he hit and subsequently fell to the ground. Clearly he was trying to protect himself. Regardless if he should have been flagged for a pick, there is nothing dirty about that hit. GO SHUT THE HELL UP, BILL.

jhildebrand
01-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Edelman left his feet and didnt appear to be running his route. Look at this and remind me why Belichick is crying again.

GEM
01-20-2014, 01:59 PM
Ummmmm? :confused:

Aren't you the same person who said this to me yesterday at 7:01pm?

Yea....that was in the Lounge where that is allowed. ;) And I wasn't debating anything there...I was telling you where to stick your whining and making fun of you for saying that Amendola is on a one year deal and is good as gone after trying to sell him as being better than Welker. :laugh: And Mo high 5'ing that. :lol: :D

WTE
01-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Yea....that was in the Lounge where that is allowed. ;) And I wasn't debating anything there...I was telling you where to stick your whining and making fun of you for saying that Amendola is on a one year deal and is good as gone after trying to sell him as being better than Welker. :laugh: And Mo high 5'ing that. :lol: :D

I think Mo was indirectly hi fiving you.

Day1BroncoFan
01-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Yet another reason for me to dislike the patsies.

GEM
01-20-2014, 02:27 PM
I think Mo was indirectly hi fiving you.

I like giving you shit, WTE. You've been my bud for a long freaking time. Don't take anything from me all too seriously. ;)

WTE
01-20-2014, 02:28 PM
I like giving you shit, WTE. You've been my bud for a long freaking time. Don't take anything from me all too seriously. ;)

I wasn't. I was kinda mocking you. I'm glad it was a clean game with no injuries.

Oh wait.

chazoe60
01-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Take away one "t" and the title of the threads contains a perfect nickname for Belichick. Biter Bill.................As in PillowBiter Bill.

pulse
01-20-2014, 02:43 PM
I wasn't. I was kinda mocking you. I'm glad it was a clean game with no injuries.

Oh wait.

I don't blame you for being bitter. I'd be bitter too if I lost the AFCCG again.... We're just fans though. Bill is future-HOF head coach. I think it was uncharacteristic of him to single out the kind of bang bang play that his own offense is so frequently involved in week-in-week-out. Either way, the Patriots had a great year. They need help in their secondary and receiving corps. They're a good draft and offseason away from improving in those areas and I expect the Patriots will be right back in the playoffs next year. And I don't think anybody will be surprised if Denver and New England face off again next postseason. Until then, why don't you pull for the AFC to win the Super Bowl again? :)

GEM
01-20-2014, 02:45 PM

Oh wait.

Yea....Edelman picked Rodgers-Cromartie like a bitch...oh wait. Took him out of the game for a few plays. Funny....your wr's can't even pick a play better than Welker. You must really hate Welker. :D

UnderArmour
01-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Belichick definitely coached Welker on how to do this and that's why he was so upset about it. Just like how Patriots DBs were coached to rough up receivers before the league cracked down, Patriots WRs were later coached to take out opposing DBs. I don't expect Welker to get fined.

GEM
01-20-2014, 02:48 PM
I really liked the part about the Patriots defensive player complaining that the Broncos were running cross routes that they had never seen and didn't know how to handle. Way to go, Belichek. :laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Mortensen just said he spoke with Dean Blandino (sp), and the league sees it as a legitimate play, and from what Mortensen said he was told, he does not expect Wes to get fined.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Mortensen just said he spoke with Dean Blandino (sp), and the league sees it as a legitimate hit, and from what Mortensen said he was told, he does not expect Wes to get fined.

Davii
01-20-2014, 03:19 PM
Mortensen just said he spoke with Dean Blandino (sp), and the league sees it as a legitimate play, and from what Mortensen said he was told, he does not expect Wes to get fined.

There's absolutely no reason he would or should be fined. Bill is just whining and those in here complaining are just trolling.

slim
01-20-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm glad it was Welker that took that thug out.

How funny is that he got jacked by a tiny white guy?

#lossofstreetcred

tripleoption
01-20-2014, 03:36 PM
Donte Stallworth, who played for Belichick, posted a couple of tweets about it

"I have nothing but love and respect for Bill Belichick, but he's absolutely wrong about Wes Welker's hit on Aqib Talib... and he knows it."

and

"I wish I could do a film session to explain to the people who have NOT seen a rub play 1,000 times over on film, practices and games..."

Angel
01-20-2014, 03:54 PM
Belicheat got out coached and can't admit it, he's nothing but a Cheat and a Sore Loser!!! I'd never allow Welker on the field against a Belicheat coached team because if given the chance he'll retaliate and try to end Welkers career.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2014, 03:57 PM
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said Monday morning that "it would have taken a great effort by our team" to beat the Denver Broncos in Sunday's AFC Championship Game and "we just came up short."

"Denver played a really good game," Brady said Monday during his weekly radio appearance on Boston sports station WEEI. "They were pretty flawless. ... We couldn't force them into making any bad plays on either side of the ball."

Brady acknowledged that several factors affected the outcome of the game, including missed opportunities on his part, but gave credit to the Broncos.

"It's unfortunate for our season to come to an end like this, but I would say Denver earned it," he said. "They played a lot better than we did yesterday."

rest - http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10322659/2013-nfl-playoffs-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-says-denver-broncos-were-pretty-flawless-afc-championship-game

Good for Brady - showed much more class than hoodie did

tomjonesrocks
01-20-2014, 04:02 PM
Utterly ridiculous. BB is way off base.

Obviously there is bad blood with Welker.

chazoe60
01-20-2014, 04:16 PM
rest - http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10322659/2013-nfl-playoffs-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-says-denver-broncos-were-pretty-flawless-afc-championship-game

I tease Brady a lot because it ruffles WTE and Pags' feathers but really he's a stand up guy. He did way more with that Pats team than most anybody else could have ever done.

Buff
01-20-2014, 04:26 PM
This whole episode just makes the victory all the more satisfying. It's especially ironic because the Pats likely let Welker go due to injury concerns.

gregbroncs
01-20-2014, 04:28 PM

Good for Brady - showed much more class than hoodie didI've never really liked Brady. But I gained a lot of respect for him yesterday and today.

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
01-20-2014, 04:45 PM
0-7 since Spygate... you mad, Bill?

Yeah, you mad.

Joel
01-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Welker's 5'9", 180 and has had TWO concussions this year: To even suggest he'd intentionally injure someone in laughable.

Yeah, the poor Pats got abused by the refs just like when they played Mannings Colts. :rolleyes: Did you catch the part when Nantz and Simms discussed Belicheat having his DBs playing so thuggishly against Harrison and Wayne in the playoffs that the NFL had to make a new rule against it the following year so clubbing people didn't decide who went to the Super Bowl? No? Shocking.... ;)

Yet again I'm reminded of the Carolina game where Cannon leg-whipped Charles Johnson (their sack leader) out of the game for almost the whole second half, and didn't get flagged—yet the Pats and their fans think the refs screwed them for not calling PI on a play when Gronk had 6 yds and 2 defenders between him and the ball and RUNNING THE OTHER WAY!

They both seem to look at each other and then away right before they hit each other, to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZQU8nrtyL4

I don't see why that would go against Welker any more than it would go against Talib. Maybe two offsetting penalties. From the footage alone Welker appears to actually take the worst of it.
That's how they called it on Decker vs. (the other) Ryan at the start of the second half: Pass Interference on EACH OTHER; offsetting penalties and replay 2nd and 9. Manning was smart enough to know who was winning that matchup and came right back to Decker for 18 yds on the very next play.

It is pretty funny considering that BB is always acting like he doesnt need star players to get it done outside of Brady.
Which is a whole lot of what this is about, IMHO. Welker was their best WR and wanted to be paid and treated like it; Belichick thinks he's freakin' Lombardi and told Welker to hit the bricks. So he did, and now Wes is going to the AFCCG and Belichick's watching it on TV. Guess you can't make a silk purse out of Danny Amendola after all, BB.

Joel
01-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1m

@TooAthletic so was the edelman play on drc. what's the difference. he's fishing for an excuse as to why his team got drubbed. petty.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 7m

Last year, Manning lost a tough game and personally congratulated Ray Lewis. This year, Hoodie lost and personally called out Welker. Classy

The Fan Morning Show ‏@FanMorningShow 34m

Just now on the show, John Lynch says Belichick "is wrong" in regards to the Welker hit on Talib.#Broncos

shannon sharpe ‏@ShannonSharpe 46m

Did Coach Hoodie say Welker intentionally hurt Talib? Wow. The better tm won so move on.#sorelosers

.@Footballaholic Of course it was a pick play. Every damn team runs pick plays. The Patrtiots run pick plays. Of course it was a pick play.

Here's my interview with Welker. I ask him specifically about this collision with Talib: http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/9746478-wes-welker-weve-earned-this/ …

So let me get this straight. Wes Welker, a man who suffered two concussions in 22 days, is suddenly a human torpedo? Hoodie is a joke.

Wes Welker is laughing in his oversized helmet right now. Trust me, he's loving this.

Hoodie is making this personal. He's still ticked at Welker for bailing on his arse. Hoodie is making Richard Sherman sound classy.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2h

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2h

Belichick says Welker's hit on Talib was deliberate, seems to think NFL will fine Welker http://wp.me/p14QSB-9orj
http://www.walgreens.com/store/browse/overlays/large-product-view.jsp;jsessionid=ROhXJdUcCDpmY6vlHCSHwg**.p_dot com14?skuId=sku6027167&id=prod6028542&vpd=true&overlay=true

Runamok
01-20-2014, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=chazoe60;2120906]You seem so upset. Is it because your 8 year run of perfect playoff prognostication was recently pulverized?[/QUOTE

Hell, no. I never expected to go "undefeated" forever.

Runamok
01-20-2014, 06:58 PM
We know what the rules are. It's a pick. Sometimes it gets called, sometimes it doesn't. I believe Decker was called for it later in the game. McDaniels' offense is also built around pick plays.

I agree, pal. I don't know whether or not Welker intended to try to injure Talib. I didn't read or hear about what Belichick is saying.

Im just sayin according to the Rules there was a violation on that play, and therefore he could be correct.

Other than that, couldn't care less. Flame away at Darth Hoodie.

ShaneFalco
01-20-2014, 07:00 PM
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/1092781-bb-rips-welker.html#.Ut24DLTn-os

I love how every pats fan on there doesnt even talk about Edelmen doing it the previous series.

Runamok
01-20-2014, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=Runamok;2120900]

Oh but it is soooo difficult to understand the rules of football. It's not like I've watched it since I was 6 years old or ever even played the game. No, I think you have the market cornered on rules. It's completely illogical to think any of the rest of us could possibly understand them.

well if you did you wouldn't feel the need to be having this discussion. Have a nice life.

Joel
01-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Belichick definitely coached Welker on how to do this and that's why he was so upset about it. Just like how Patriots DBs were coached to rough up receivers before the league cracked down, Patriots WRs were later coached to take out opposing DBs. I don't expect Welker to get fined.
That's an interesting point in itself, hence pulses speculation this could backfire on Belicheat: Even if he were right (which he's clearly not,) he's basically saying the NFL should issue fines for a player doing WHAT BELICHEAT PERSONALLY COACHED HIM TO DO! Um, you really wanna go there, Bill? After the NFL already had to change the rules when you got to the SB by coaching your DBs to do the EXACT SAME CRAP to opposing WRs? It's only dirty when someone does it back to you?

That's even if the whole thing weren't BS, which it obviously is. As others have noted, Welker's a little dude, but even if he weren't he tore his ACL a few years ago and this year alone had a pair of concussions in under a month: He's not seeking ANY contact, let alone to cause any injuries to anyone.

Runamok
01-20-2014, 07:06 PM

I assume you are referring to Motorboat. and his "dipshit" routine?

MOtorboat
01-20-2014, 07:12 PM
I didn't read or hear about what Belichick is saying.

Why would you even respond?

This makes things so much clearer.

chazoe60
01-20-2014, 07:20 PM
I agree, pal. I don't know whether or not Welker intended to try to injure Talib. I didn't read or hear about what Belichick is saying.

Im just sayin according to the Rules there was a violation on that play, and therefore he could be correct.

Other than that, couldn't care less. Flame away at Darth Hoodie.
Actually Trent Diller and Michael Pereia have both said today that it wasn't even a penalty because the contact happened simultaneously with DT touching the ball. I think you need to brush up on the rules.

WTE
01-20-2014, 07:39 PM
Belichick's rant proves one thing that I've known all along. BB hates Wes. Something happened when Wes was in NE that really pissed Bill off.

Bill gave the impression he wanted Wes back to appease the owner and the fans but in the end he made sure his offer was a little lower than he could get elsewhere so he could rid himself of a malcontent.

I don't like it but I think that's what happened.

chazoe60
01-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Belichick's rant proves one thing that I've known all along. BB hates Wes. Something happened when Wes was in NE that really pissed Bill off.

Bill gave the impression he wanted Wes back to appease the owner and the fans but in the end he made sure his offer was a little lower than he could get elsewhere so he could rid himself of a malcontent.

Maybe Bill is the problem?

WTE
01-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Maybe Bill is the problem?

He's part of the problem. Belichick is known to call out individuals when going over game film with the entire team. I bet he called out Wes several times on occasion and knowing Wes' personality it wouldn't surprise me if he defended his honor in front of his team mates and told BB to S T F U.

slim
01-20-2014, 07:54 PM
He's part of the problem. Belichick is known to call out individuals when going over game film with the entire team. I bet he called out Wes several times on occasion and knowing Wes' personality it wouldn't surprise me if he defended his honor in front of his team mates and told BB to S T F U.

This is what I've heard as well....that Wes is one of the few players that wouldn't really put up with Bill's BS and that is why they had a falling out.

tomjonesrocks
01-20-2014, 07:56 PM
Maybe it was the Rex foot rant that turned BB against Welker.

DenBronx
01-20-2014, 07:57 PM

I actually think Brady showed a TON of class this time in defeat.

They have had their time. Now it's ours. Had NE beat us I think they could have taken the Seahawks.

slim
01-20-2014, 07:59 PM

That was pretty funny. I think even Bill would laugh at that.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-20-2014, 08:16 PM

That was pretty funny. I think even Bill would laugh at that.

There was speculation that it actually made Bill B mad. It went against his media silence style.

slim
01-20-2014, 08:22 PM
There was speculation that it actually made Bill B mad. It went against his media silence style.

Then Bill is dead inside.

That was effing funny!

WTE
01-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Then Bill is dead inside.

That was effing funny!

I am sure Bill had previously made the rule clear that you always leave family members of opposing players and coaches out of every discussion.

Wes' clever foot joke crossed that line severely to Bill. So it was funny to you and me but it drastically broke a strict rule imposed by Wes' boss.

Earendil
01-20-2014, 08:44 PM
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/1092781-bb-rips-welker.html#.Ut24DLTn-os

I love how every pats fan on there doesnt even talk about Edelmen doing it the previous series.

There's so much salt in that thread my blood pressure went up.

TXBRONC
01-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Mortensen for ESPN said today NFL Insider that his sources tell him League officials didn't this as an illegal hit and if that's the case Welker won't be fined.

topscribe
01-20-2014, 09:09 PM
There's so much salt in that thread my blood pressure went up.
Looks like a bunch of pansies who don't like their babies getting hit.

New England Pansies. Come to think of it, that's what I used to call them . . .

DenBronx
01-20-2014, 09:19 PM

Did Wes bang Bills wife or something?

DenBronx
01-20-2014, 09:22 PM
I am sure Bill had previously made the rule clear that you always leave family members of opposing players and coaches out of every discussion.

Wes' clever foot joke crossed that line severely to Bill. So it was funny to you and me but it drastically broke a strict rule imposed by Wes' boss.

So Wes foot jokes about Rex Ryan caused him to exit the circle of trust? Lol If so Bill has some serious security issues.

At the time I thought it was super funny, still do.

WTE
01-20-2014, 09:24 PM

He tried. Couldn't reach it.

tomjonesrocks
01-20-2014, 09:31 PM

Girlfriend I believe. Think he dumped his wife and rolls with a reasonably hot "side piece" these days.

Bonus: BB+GF in Halloween Pirate Garb (couldn't attach this one):
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/Belichick-pirate-Halloween.641.png

OrangeHoof
01-20-2014, 09:58 PM

That could be true but I also suspect Welker was ready to leave.

gregbroncs
01-20-2014, 10:46 PM

Other than that, couldn't care less. Flame away at Darth Hoodie.Except according to (Mortensen?) on one of the NFL shows today the NFL doesn't consider it against the rules because the (Pick,Rub,Block) came as the ball essentially got to the receiver, making it a perfectly legal block. Unlike Edelman's on the drive before that came much earlier in the play. So the call Belicheat and you are saying should be called is apparently not against the rules. And the one you are both ignoring was.

Dapper Dan
01-20-2014, 10:51 PM

Simple Jaded
01-20-2014, 11:32 PM
I get a kick outta this
Watch you ball like a bitch
You'll get it you'll get it
You'll get yours mother****** ain't no lie

I wanna break you
Get off the rocket ride man
I can't even fake it
I'll say it again
You're on a downward slide my friend

TXBRONC
01-20-2014, 11:59 PM

No Belichick's daughter propositioned Wes but he turned her down because she's butt ugly.

Simple Jaded
01-21-2014, 12:08 AM
This whole episode just makes the victory all the more satisfying. It's especially ironic because the Pats likely let Welker go due to injury concerns.

The beautiful irony of it all is that it's most likely the NE Patriots that taught Welker the rub technique.

Joel
01-21-2014, 04:25 AM
The beautiful irony of it all is that it's most likely the NE Patriots that taught Welker the rub technique.
That's more like hypocrisy with a healthy dose of poetic justice. Like I say, I don't think Belicheat REALLY wants the NFL to take a close look at this; he's just being pissy.

Meanwhile, SI had evidently decided he's right and declared a "pick" that WASN'T a pick exactly that: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140119/wes-welker-aqib-talib-pick-play-denver-broncos/?sct=obnetwork

So, great; instead of the refs watching the self proclaimed "Legion of Boom" Sherman was screaming about the other night, they'll be watching OUR WRs for a chance to call OFFENSIVE PI (because they don't already flag us for that enough already, because it's not like our WRs refuse to play physically when DBs do it to them, because it's not like Seattles thugs EVER do that.)

capt. Jack
01-21-2014, 05:35 AM
He is a disgrace! Crying and whining about losing?
C-Mon Bill, man up! You lost.

(The Broncos were so due to beat the Patriots)

Runamok
01-21-2014, 08:51 AM
Actually Trent Diller and Michael Pereia have both said today that it wasn't even a penalty because the contact happened simultaneously with DT touching the ball. I think you need to brush up on the rules.

LOL Simultaneously. I always thought that meant "at the same time". Guess I was wrong again because Dilfer and Pereira said so. Just watch the replay to see how close that was to simultaneously.

A bunch of you seem to think im defending Belechick or the play. Negative there, guy. Couldn't ****** care less.

Runamok
01-21-2014, 08:55 AM
I actually think Brady showed a TON of class this time in defeat.

They have had their time. Now it's ours. Had NE beat us I think they could have taken the Seahawks.

Not in a million years.

Northman
01-21-2014, 08:57 AM
Pats would of easily taken the Hawks. They are so overrated.

BroncoWave
01-21-2014, 08:59 AM

I dunno about that. The Pats really overachieved to even get to the AFCCG. They just don't have Super Bowl talent on that roster. I think Seattle would have been a comfortable favorite against them.

If our Defense held them to 16, Seattle would have held them to single digits. Their defense is not overrated.

Broncolingus
01-21-2014, 09:03 AM
I wouldn't normally have an issue with this (a coach commenting about a player injury in this circumstance), BUT...

...(and this has been said several times now), when you do the same damn thing with Edelman 'picking' DRC a few series before, then don't bitch...period.

Bottom line, it was a pick play - everyone knows it, every team does it, happens every game, etc. - and it was just unfortunate Talib was injured.

Spouting off about how it was, "...intentional to hurt Talib..." is just being a wissy...

TXBRONC
01-21-2014, 09:06 AM

I agree that the Seahawks are little overrated but I don't think the Patriots could beat them.

TXBRONC
01-21-2014, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't normally have an issue with this (a coach commenting about a player injury in this circumstance), BUT...

...(and this has been said several times now), when you do the same damn thing with Edelman 'picking' DRC a few series before, then don't bitch...period.

Bottom line, it was a pick play - everyone knows it, every team does it, happens every game, etc. - and it was just unfortunate Talib was injured.

Spouting off about how it was, "...intentional to hurt Talib..." is just being a wissy...

Another thing about the Edelman hit on DRC he launched himself at DRC. Defenders are not allowed leave their feet the same should true for offensive player as well.

Runamok
01-21-2014, 09:20 AM
Except according to (Mortensen?) on one of the NFL shows today the NFL doesn't consider it against the rules because the (Pick,Rub,Block) came as the ball essentially got to the receiver, making it a perfectly legal block. Unlike Edelman's on the drive before that came much earlier in the play. So the call Belicheat and you are saying should be called is apparently not against the rules. And the one you are both ignoring was.

First of all, I'm not ignoring anything. Until people started bringing up Edelman/Cromatie, I hadn't even been aware there was an issue, and I haven't looked at the replay yet. But that has nothing to do with anything anyways, unless you and other people are seriously saying that because something happened earlier in a game and wasn't called, it isn't a violation later or shouldn't be called. That make sense to you? I can't wait to review the Edelman play to see if it was "exactly the same thing" as so many have claimed or a different set of circumstances.

And I really don't give a **** what Mortensen or anyone else says since they get paid to fill air time and usually aren't very concerned with how they do it. According to you, Morty said the (Pick, Rub, Block) came "as the ball essentially got to the receiver, making it a perfectly legal block." "Essentially"? WTF does that mean to you or him or the NFL? You actually think the NFL was going to come out and announce their guys ****** up a play in the AFC Championship game?

Look at the replay again and tell me that it was even "close" at all. The ball was clearly still in the air. That block ('cause it sure as shit wasn't a mere "rub" or pick) only becomes legal after the receiver catches the ball and thereby becomes a "runner". Mortensen should know this. He's just hedging if he actually said what you have quoted him as saying.

BroncoWave
01-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Mike Periera was the former head of NFL officiating and understands the rules better than any of us. And he has often pointed out when officials made the wrong call, so you can't accuse him of being a schill for the NFL. If he says it was a legal play, that pretty much ends the debate IMO.

MOtorboat
01-21-2014, 09:23 AM
First of all, I'm not ignoring anything. Until people started bringing up Edelman/Cromatie, I hadn't even been aware there was an issue, and I haven't looked at the replay yet. But that has nothing to do with anything anyways, unless you and other people are seriously saying that because something happened earlier in a game and wasn't called, it isn't a violation later or shouldn't be called. That make sense to you? I can't wait to review the Edelman play to see if it was "exactly the same thing" as so many have claimed or a different set of circumstances.

And I really don't give a **** what Mortensen or anyone else says since they get paid to fill air time and usually aren't very concerned with how they do it. According to you, Morty said the (Pick, Rub, Block) came "as the ball essentially got to the receiver, making it a perfectly legal block." "Essentially"? WTF does that mean to you or him or the NFL? You actually think the NFL was going to come out and announce their guys ****** up a play in the AFC Championship game?

Look at the replay again and tell me that it was even "close" at all. The ball was clearly still in the air. That block ('cause it sure as shit wasn't a mere "rub" or pick) only becomes legal after the receiver catches the ball and thereby becomes a "runner". Mortensen should know this. He's just hedging if he actually said what you have quoted him as saying.

You're still arguing the wrong rule.

BroncoNut
01-21-2014, 10:03 AM
I have lost all respect for WTE in this thread

jhns
01-21-2014, 10:22 AM
Welker tried to force Talib over the top and away from the receiver, just like everyone else who runs that play. Talib tried to go underneath because he knows that. They ran into each other because they both wanted to go underneath. The ball hit the receivers hands within milliseconds of the hit. There was no intent, it wasn't a block, and it wasnt anything like Edellman launching high at DRC.

WTE
01-21-2014, 10:25 AM
I have lost all respect for WTE in this thread

If I said anything that offended you I apologize.

crosses fingers behind back

vettesplus
01-21-2014, 11:04 AM
if the pats would of won the game and this hit still took place would we be having this conversation, not. bellycheck would not of even brought it up....sorry azz loser!!!!!

Joel
01-21-2014, 11:13 AM
If I said anything that offended you I apologize.

crosses fingers behind back
You haven't figured this out, STILL?

Broncolingus
01-21-2014, 11:26 AM
...so anyway...

...Welker picked Talib...

...Elelman picked DRC...

...every game, every team, etc. does this week-in and week-out, and will continue to do so...

...even in the Super Bowl...

Making a 'distinction' specific to Welker, rules, etc. is going full retard...

...don't go full retard.

Nomad
01-21-2014, 11:30 AM
...so anyway...

...Elelman picked DRC...

...every game, every team, etc. does this week-in and week-out, and will continue to do so...

...don't go full retard.

This would be a good line in a Geico commercial:lol:

TXBRONC
01-21-2014, 11:37 AM
...so anyway...

...Elelman picked DRC...

...don't go full retard.

You never go full retard.

Ravage!!!
01-21-2014, 11:37 AM

Wow.. this is just pathetic.

Ravage!!!
01-21-2014, 11:41 AM

How can ANYONE try to claim this was an illegal or cheap shot? He hits him up high. Watching it in replay just shows how mucn Bill's comments are nothing more than sour grapes takign a shot at an ex-player that left him.

WTE
01-21-2014, 11:44 AM
Wow.. this is just pathetic.

No, remember when you publicly wished serious injury to Brady back in 2007?

That is the definition of pathetic.

TXBRONC
01-21-2014, 11:50 AM
How can ANYONE try to claim this was an illegal or cheap shot? He hits him up high. Watching it in replay just shows how mucn Bill's comments are nothing more than sour grapes takign a shot at an ex-player that left him.

Patriot fan a middle intial in his screen name that stands for troll says it all. :coffee:

wayninja
01-21-2014, 11:55 AM
While I agree that Welkers pick was nothing special or egregious, I have to disagree with those saying it was the same thing as Edelmans play on the previous series.

Welker and Talib collide while the ball is in the air, that's what makes it a pick. Edelman throws a block on DRC long after a catch has been made and the receiver is running down field. It's not the same play at all.

BroncoJoe
01-21-2014, 12:24 PM
I LOL'd at BB's comment "worst play he's ever seen."

Dude must not watch any football. At all.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-21-2014, 12:30 PM

Yeah, I was a little surprised he was so full of sour grapes. It's common knowledge he doesn't like losing. I guess he hates getting his butt handed to him even worst.

broken12
01-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Leg whip mankins!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-21-2014, 12:34 PM

I agree completely, and the hit Edelman put on DRC on the previous series looked much worst. I thought he initially gave Cro a concussion.

Earendil
01-21-2014, 12:55 PM

No kidding. Did he not see Keven Huber get his jaw broken and a vertebrae cracked by an illegal hit earlier this year?

SM19
01-21-2014, 12:58 PM

This is the real tip-off that he's not being remotely honest. It can't even be the worst play he's seen this year, unless he somehow missed Marcus Cannon's leg whip on Gerald McCoy. He's not a stupid man; I'm quite certain he understands that he's defaming Welker without any basis whatsoever.

Broncolingus
01-21-2014, 01:22 PM
This is the real tip-off that he's not being remotely honest. It can't even be the worst play he's seen this year, unless he somehow missed Marcus Cannon's leg whip on Gerald McCoy. He's not a stupid man; I'm quite certain he understands that he's defaming Welker without any basis whatsoever.

Yeah...

...it sure appears that Belicheat has some serious hate issues with Welker.

Even the folks in Boston can see it...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/01/21/bill-belichick-obviously-despises-wes-welker/pR80OkVSPDpqc741RzEryO/story.html

Buff
01-21-2014, 01:28 PM
We could have never envisioned the Welker signing turning out this great... Belichick is in meltdown mode and it's glorious.

Broncolingus
01-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Belichick is in meltdown mode and it's glorious.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/10IM3/amen/image.png

SM19
01-21-2014, 01:38 PM
Yeah...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/01/21/bill-belichick-obviously-despises-wes-welker/pR80OkVSPDpqc741RzEryO/story.html

It's not every day you find something too obvious for Shaughnessy to miss.

MOtorboat
01-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Yeah...

I always wanted to get WTE's opinion on Shaughnessy...now is as good as time as any.

Bullgator
01-21-2014, 01:47 PM
Intentional or not it WAS the difference in the game IMO. Talib was the Pats only hope of covering DT. You shut down DT and that's a whole new ballgame.

BroncoJoe
01-21-2014, 01:48 PM
Intentional or not it WAS the difference in the game IMO. Talib was the Pats only hope of covering DT. You shut down DT and that's a whole new ballgame.

This is SO wrong, it's hardly worth a response.

He's our best, but no where near our only option.

wayninja
01-21-2014, 01:54 PM
This is SO wrong, it's hardly worth a response.

He's our best, but no where near our only option.

Agreed. Talib can't cover 4 guys. If not DT, it simply would have been another poison.

Bullgator
01-21-2014, 01:54 PM
DT is your best but more importantly he is the pressure point in which Manning breaks down defenses. Could he use another player to apply that pressure but there is no other player you have that poses that kind of a mismatch. I would make the argument that the rest of your weapons are so because of DT. He also causes mismatches on down the line.

underrated29
01-21-2014, 02:14 PM
Talib was getting smoked by DT before he left the game. It matters not.

Furthermore, karma biotches....We shut out- 100% SHUT OUT the pats the first game until we lost DRC. They didnt score a point until we lost DRC for the game. And they barely won.

The tables turned. And we did not barely win. WE Smoked them

wayninja
DT is your best but more importantly he is the pressure point in which Manning breaks down defenses. Could he use another player to apply that pressure but there is no other player you have that poses that kind of a mismatch. I would make the argument that the rest of your weapons are so because of DT. He also causes mismatches on down the line.

It's a free country, you can make whatever silly argument you'd like. It doesn't make it any more true. Manning was driving even when Talib was in the game.

Joel
I agree: Not only is it laughable to suggest a tiny WR coming off 2 concussions in 22 days would SEEK contact, or try to cause injury, I don't think it was even a pick. Thomas was already by Talib AND Welker when the contact occurred: Why set a pick on a guy who's beaten? You set picks to disrupt coverage, not NON-coverage. It was incidental contact.

More than anything it looks to me like Wes ran a cross while DT did the same the other way (that's not automatically a pick, y'know,) realized a beat too late that DT passing him meant Talib was right behind him, and crouched to take the hit, much the way one would expect in a guy concussed as often as Welker. I'm sorry Talib got hurt, hope he's OK and said a quick prayer for him like I do everytime I see a guy drop. But it's a full contact sport, no one's perfect and stuff happens; Belichick ought to know that.

That doesn't make the injury intentional nor the play illegal. It's football, and guys get hurt; considering Belicheat's literally the reason Illegal Contact exists, and Edelman took DRC out by leaping to hit him with CLEAR deliberation, no one needs to tell Belicheat any of that. He knows, he's just being obtuse and bitchy. Stuff like this is what makes that win so satisfying.

Ravage!!!
01-21-2014, 02:19 PM

Wait.... best of YOUR weapons? Didn't you claim to be a Broncos fan?

But you are incorrect. I could make a stronger case that JT is the one that causes the mismatches on down the line. How does the #1 going against the #1 cause the mismatches? Actually, Decker causes more "mismatches" than DT does. Because our #2 is almost ALWAYS better than their #2 CB. Then, it goes over the top with the #3 and #4. The "our #3 is better than your #3" mentality. You are so incorrect in your point, its not even funny.

Joel
01-21-2014, 02:20 PM
I missed that one, so help me out here: Was Cannons leg whip on McCoy worse than his leg whip on Charles Johnson? I'm just curious, because it took Johnson out at the start of the second half and he didn't come back till NEs final drive, but NE didn't get flagged and has been whining ever since about how the refs screwed them in that game. Y'know, because they refused to call PI on the last play, just because of stupid reasons like two defenders and 6 yds between teh ball and a receiver running the OTHER WAY.

Lemme try and help out BB and his fans: Acting this douchey kinda backfires, because it just makes beating you that much more fun. Like a schoolyard bully who gets punched in the nose and starts bawling at his long-time victim:

"You hit me, you HIT me111"

"Yeah... I sure did.... :)"

FanInAZ
01-21-2014, 02:27 PM

And how many of our top D player were out of the game? Miller, Wolfe, Harris, Carter (in & out), etc. Both teams have been devastated by injuries going into this game & had more during the game. That's the NFL.

slim
01-21-2014, 02:28 PM
Oh, hey....bullgator is here.

MO will be happy to see that.

FanInAZ
01-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Wait.... best of YOUR weapons? Didn't you claim to be a Broncos fan?

Actually, he clarified a long time ago that he was a Florida Gator/Tim Tebow fan.

MOtorboat
01-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Oh, hey....bullgator is here.

MO will be happy to see that.

I think we should dig up his predictions he had for the last two years.

slim
01-21-2014, 02:31 PM
I think we should dig up his predictions he had for the last two years.

Like how Tebow would change the way football is played?

MOtorboat
01-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Like how Tebow would change the way football is played?

There were some doozies about Manning too.

slim
01-21-2014, 02:40 PM

Oh, I don't remember those. But then I stopped reading his posts after awhile...

artie_dale
01-21-2014, 02:40 PM
You know what rhymes with "Bullgator"? Broncohater.

Buff
01-21-2014, 02:42 PM

That penis showed up minutes after the Ravens victory last year to bask in our misery.

artie_dale
01-21-2014, 02:43 PM
I just formulated a thought that made me grin really big just now. All Tebow lovers and Tebowmania... LOSE!

FanInAZ
01-21-2014, 02:51 PM
So Bullgator shows up acting like an old buddy back in town after being away for awhile. Half the board gangs up on him (I wasn't part of it). Then he just ups & leaves without responding to most of the posts direct towards him, including those who were being polite (like mine).

Couldn't see that one coming. :tsk:

Army Bronco
01-21-2014, 03:00 PM
So Bullgator shows up acting like an old buddy back in town after being away for awhile. Half the board gangs up on him (I wasn't part of it). Then he just ups & leaves without responding to most of the posts direct towards him, including those who were being polite (like mine).

Couldn't see that one coming. :tsk: Last year when we lost to the Ravens he came on here with NEP talking some mad trash. There were like 3-4 different threads bashing the Broncos which were started by these guys.

Hawgdriver
01-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Unfair-advantage-seeking coach accuses others of finding unfair advantages.

Army Bronco
01-21-2014, 03:02 PM

It's a free country, you can make whatever silly argument you'd like. It doesn't make it any more true. Manning was driving even when Talib was in the game.Hey Ninja, didn't DT get shutdown against the Chiefs in KC and Decker just played lights out instead?

FanInAZ
01-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Last year when we lost to the Ravens he came on here with NEP talking some mad trash. There were like 3-4 different threads bashing the Broncos which were started by these guys.

I remember, I called him out on it.

By the way, I was being factious. ;)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Talib was not single handedly shutting down DT. That is a misrepresentation. Manning had completed one pass to DT for about 30 yards, and that was with Talib having safety help over the top. We were already in control of that game when Talib went out and Manning was still well on his way to 400 yards.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-21-2014, 05:00 PM
New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Broncos receiver Wes Welker’s hit on Aqib Talib was one of the worst plays he had ever seen.

Apparently, it was not one of the worst injuries Belichick has witnessed.

Talib left New England’s AFC championship game against the Denver Broncos after Welker’s hit. The Pro Bowl cornerback never returned, and Denver pulled off a 26-16 victory. It appears Talib’s injury looked bad, but his injury is not significant.

According to Nick Underhill of MassLive.com, Talib does not have structural damage in his knee, and he is “just banged up.”

rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-patriots-cornerback-aqib-talib-knee-injury-not-212332955--nfl.html

TXBRONC
01-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Last year when we lost to the Ravens he came on here with NEP talking some mad trash. There were like 3-4 different threads bashing the Broncos which were started by these guys.

It wasn't five minutes after Tebow signed with Patriots last offseason that he was in here talking crap.

Hawgdriver
01-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Cry foul on the ultra-effective pick play. I guess that's one way to try to take the air out of the Denver offense for next year.

Joel
01-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Cry foul on the ultra-effective pick play. I guess that's one way to try to take the air out of the Denver offense for next year.
*Not a pick. Picks are set to spring a guy who's covered, not a guy who already beat the coverage. Also, since the contact was a lot closer to the ball hitting DTs hands than most of the slightly early hits on WRs that pop balls out and refs ignore, not a pick. Not in any way a pick, and certainly not a double-concussed little guy seeking contact. Did MA legalize weed, too? :tongue:

wayninja
01-21-2014, 05:20 PM
Hey Ninja, didn't DT get shutdown against the Chiefs in KC and Decker just played lights out instead?

Yep, that's the problem with this whole "IT WAS INTENTIONAL TO SHUT DOWN THE DEFENSE!" theory. You can't beat Denver's passing attack with 1 guy. I don't care who that guy is.

Broncolingus
01-21-2014, 05:25 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdVqL7svapWim7CK_zNhX01l5WeDoef E6xmVjYTjHkH6ikJCGunw

GEM
01-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Yep, that's the problem with this whole "IT WAS INTENTIONAL TO SHUT DOWN THE DEFENSE!" theory. You can't beat Denver's passing attack with 1 guy. I don't care who that guy is.

Tell that to Sherman. :D

Joel
01-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Yeah...

My favorite parts of that are:

1) A Boston writer repeating the very same things WTE gave me so much crap about when I scoffed at the suggestion Edelman's as good as Welker: Edelman's good but not great, Amendola's strictly average, and the rest aren't even that. Truth hurts; their WRs couldn't even beat Carter (who played a pretty good game, IMHO) even with Vereen helping draw LB coverage. They wound up going to over-the-hill Austin Collie, which wasn't nearly enough.

2) The palpable terror the article conveyed at the notion of a SF/NE Playoff Bowl. You think DENVER beat you up, Belicheat? The '9ers would spank NE AND send half the team home on crutches.

For what it's worth, I'd much rather watch a Playoff Bowl next week than a "Pro Bowl" missing every player on the NFLs two best teams. I doubt the players would enjoy it, but the current Pro Bowl format sucks, for the reason just stated: I used to watch it every year to see all the top 40 players in each conference face off, get an idea of whether the conference that won the SB was genuinely better than the other one, or just happened to have the best/luckiest team. Now... who cares about half an All Star roster? Move it back to AFTER the SB, or drop it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-21-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm still annoyed by the idea that Talib was shutting him down. He had safety help over the top, and DT had still beaten him for a big play over the middle. I think it was about a 30 yard gain.

Also, Manning was probably still well on his way to a 400 yard game when Talib went out and we were already winning.

Hawgdriver
01-21-2014, 05:49 PM
*Not a pick. Picks are set to spring a guy who's covered, not a guy who already beat the coverage. Also, since the contact was a lot closer to the ball hitting DTs hands than most of the slightly early hits on WRs that pop balls out and refs ignore, not a pick. Not in any way a pick, and certainly not a double-concussed little guy seeking contact. Did MA legalize weed, too? :tongue:

Good thing I come here to dicker about semantics!

Joel
01-21-2014, 05:52 PM
I'll worry about next year next year; right now I'm infuriated by this: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140119/wes-welker-aqib-talib-pick-play-denver-broncos/?sct=obnetwork

So, we're going up against the 'roid-raging self-proclaimed "Legion of Boom" in two weeks, with big WRs who nonetheless seldom fight through jams even though EVERYONE ALL YEAR has played them like Seattle's played EVERY WR ALL YEAR—and even when our WRs do push back we ALREADY get offensive PI calls about as often as we get defensive ones (mainly because the latter are so rare, however Decker pleads, with whatever justification.)

Despite all that, thanks to Belicheat, SI is talking about how the refs must watch OUR WRs for illegal physical play in the SB, about how opposing defenders must admonish the refs before the game to make sure they keep their eyes on us and don't hesitate to throw the flag.

Can you just picture Richard Sherman on the field in NYC talking to the refs before the game? "When they hit me, you BETTER throw the flag, punk! I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE! WHOOO! ADDERALL IS A HELLUVA DRUG!!!" Does the ref dare remind him, "Um, but, Mr. Sherman—sir—you're the BEST, remember? L-O-B, baby? I have a family; please don't hurt me...."

Freakin' Belicheat: "Manning beat me, he's in the SB, our season's over—let's see if I can get the refs to screw them out of a championship ONE MORE TIME anyway, just for old times sake!"

Were Sherman their whole secondary, I'd expect more of what we did to KC (twice.) Sadly, Thomas and Chancellor are both fine safeties, Maxwell's a decent #2 CB, and their starters have 5 Ints into the bargain. I might be more tempted to go at Decker on Maxwell than JT on the LBs, and feel guilty asking 5'9" 185 lb. Welker to go over the middle against those bruising LBs (and a 232 lb. safety in Chancellor who plays like a 4th LB.)

Gotta beat their offense, and be patiently methodical when we have the ball; classic running to establish the pass, not missing/dropping the strike when it's finally there and avoiding turnovers.

Joel
01-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Good thing I come here to dicker about semantics!
I just hate the suggestion Welker did ANYTHING wrong: He didn't. Geez, I'd expect a coach who spent decades coaching so many WRs to set illegal picks would recognize them better.

Hawgdriver
01-21-2014, 05:56 PM
So remind me again of the approved terminology? A rub play? A pass play where Welker's halo brightly beams? I forget the proper term atm.

BroncoJoe
01-21-2014, 05:59 PM
So remind me again of the approved terminology? A rub play? A pass play where Welker's halo brightly beams? I forget the proper term atm.

It's called “one of the worst plays I’ve ever seen.” according the the coaching genius.

FanInAZ
01-21-2014, 06:01 PM
It's called “one of the worst plays I’ve ever seen.” according the the coaching genius.

What kind of a coach would teach a player to do something like that? :confused:

BroncoJoe
01-21-2014, 06:04 PM
LOL.

Over the years, Belichick has seen dirty plays, vicious plays, malicious plays, plays on which one player’s sole intent was to injure another player. On Sunday in Denver, in the final game of his 39th season as a coach, Belichick saw Broncos receiver Wes Welker collide with Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib on an incomplete pass in the second quarter of a 26-16 loss to the Broncos.

After reviewing the video, Belichick yesterday called it “one of the worst plays I’ve ever seen.”

Really, Bill? Worst you’ve ever seen? I can think of four or five instances when Wes Welker was on your side and on the receiving end of more sinister hits than that one. Welker is 5-foot-9 and 185 pounds. He’s coming off two concussions and wearing a special helmet that makes him look like the Great Gazoo from “The Flintstones.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/gerry_callahan/2014/01/callahan_bill_belichick_sounds_foolish_in_accusing _ex_pat

If that was posted before, my apologies.

gregbroncs
01-21-2014, 06:21 PM
LOL.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/gerry_callahan/2014/01/callahan_bill_belichick_sounds_foolish_in_accusing _ex_pat

If that was posted before, my apologies.That was a great article from a Boston Writer. Absolutely hilarious.

wayninja
01-21-2014, 08:18 PM

I would if I could. The difference between Seattle and NE is that Seattle has more than 1 guy.

wayninja
01-22-2014, 01:33 AM

I'd like to make the argument that your profile pic does not make you look like a creepy pedophile. At all.

Hawgdriver
01-22-2014, 01:44 AM
Someone tell creepygator about that other Thomas, Manbeastius W. Thomas. The W stands for, you guessed it, Weapon. It's even capitalized.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-22-2014, 01:52 PM
another article today from a Boston writer:

Bill Belichick learned most of what he knows about coaching from his longtime mentor Bill Parcells, and one of those things is the art of deflection and deceit. Both were on full display Monday morning when, as his team had done on Sunday, Belichick came up small on a big stage.

Less than 24 hours after having seen his defense and his game plan systematically destroyed by the Denver Broncos in the AFC Championship Game, Belichick avoided explaining much about what had gone wrong by opening his remarks with a false accusation that Wes Welker made “a deliberate play to take out Aqib (Talib).”

It was a brilliantly deceitful statement that changed the narrative from “Why can’t you rebuild your defense?” to whether or not his former player purposely tried to injure an ex-teammate. Belichick understood it didn’t matter that what he said was not only asinine but also a lie, nor did it matter that it made him appear petty and classless, because after a loss what’s new about that?

rest - http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/ron_borges/2014/01/borges_bill_belichick_s_game_deflects_blame
This writer is totally ripping hoodie

Joel
01-22-2014, 04:43 PM

rest - http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/ron_borges/2014/01/borges_bill_belichick_s_game_deflects_blame
It REALLY bothers me though that Belicheat's made the bye week narrative all about supposed "dirty play" from our pint-sized double-concussed WR rather than the brazenly self-proclaimed "Legion of Boom" who've made a season habit of it. I don't want the SB refs peering closely at whether OUR WRS hit one of those thugs too hard, too early or otherwise illegally, while ignoring routine cheap shots from Seattle DBs because, hey, if Denver's gonna dish it out, they have to take it.

Belicheat's team isn't even PLAYING anymore, yet he's still working the refs to screw us out of a Super Bowl win. :mad:

Buff
01-22-2014, 04:45 PM

This was the best of the three columns that I read calling him out. What a petty a-hole that guy is.

FanInAZ
01-22-2014, 04:51 PM
Even WTE has given up the fight on this one.

TXBRONC
01-22-2014, 05:13 PM
I think who said that what Belichick doing is just a smoke screen is probably right. He doesn't want to have to answer questions about his piss pour game plan going against the Broncos. He knows better but he's jerk and doesn't have the balls to critical questions.

MOtorboat
01-22-2014, 05:15 PM
It REALLY bothers me though that Belicheat's made the bye week narrative all about supposed "dirty play" from our pint-sized double-concussed WR rather than the brazenly self-proclaimed "Legion of Boom" who've made a season habit of it. I don't want the SB refs peering closely at whether OUR WRS hit one of those thugs too hard, too early or otherwise illegally, while ignoring routine cheap shots from Seattle DBs because, hey, if Denver's gonna dish it out, they have to take it.

Belicheat's team isn't even PLAYING anymore, yet he's still working the refs to screw us out of a Super Bowl win. :mad:

Why would Belicheck, or the Boston media for that matter, talk about Seattle? They lost the game before any opportunity to play Seattle. That would be like Fox talking about how to stop New England in last years AFCCG.

TXBRONC
01-22-2014, 05:17 PM

In other words he doesn't have the courage to actually answer tough question and the Boston media are bunch of cream puffs that won't ask him the tough questions.

wayninja
01-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Why would Belicheck, or the Boston media for that matter, talk about Seattle? They lost the game before any opportunity to play Seattle. That would be like Fox talking about how to stop New England in last years AFCCG.

He's not wondering why Bellycheat and/or the NE media isn't talking about Seattle. I think you may need to re-read it, Mo. He's basically saying that it bothers him that he's put the spotlight on our guys and their supposed dirty play going into the SB, rather than the spotlight being on Seattle's dirty play (whether you agree or not), where it should be.

MOtorboat
01-22-2014, 05:53 PM
He's not wondering why Bellycheat and/or the NE media isn't talking about Seattle. I think you may need to re-read it, Mo. He's basically saying that it bothers him that he's put the spotlight on our guys and their supposed dirty play going into the SB, rather than the spotlight being on Seattle's dirty play (whether you agree or not), where it should be.

But Belicheck would have no reason to talk about Seattle's dirty play.

:whoknows:

Joel
01-22-2014, 05:54 PM
I don't expect him to talk about Seattle, but also don't appreciate him drawing ref attention away from their secondarys 'roid-ragin' thugs by falsely accusing a double-concussed midget of head-hunting. If the refs scrutinize ANYONE for cheap shots and overly physical play during the SB, it should be the guys making careers of it, while strutting around calling themselves the Legion of Boom, when the NFL's made it VERY clear WRs are untouchable now. Except by Seattle: Everyone else plays in 2014; they play in 1970.

Note: The preceding was not in any way meant to offend double-concussed midgets. :tongue:

wayninja
01-22-2014, 05:54 PM
But Belicheck would have no reason to talk about Seattle's dirty play.

:whoknows:

That's true... It's also not part of what Joel said at all...

TXBRONC
01-22-2014, 07:01 PM

He sure did. I think Ron Borges is a Patriots beat writer for the Boston Herald I guess he wasn't at the press conference. Tim Curran is another beat writer and I know he didn't ask any tough questions.

dogfish
01-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Patriots coach Bill Belichick didn’t like it, but Broncos receiver Wes Welker didn’t violate NFL rules when he hit Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib on Sunday.

NFL head of officiating Dean Blandino has confirmed that Welker’s hit — which knocked Talib out of the AFC Championship Game — was legal.

“Under the current rules, this is a legal play,” Blandino said, via Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/22/nfl-confirms-wes-welkers-hit-on-aqib-talib-was-legal/

chazoe60
01-22-2014, 07:22 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/22/nfl-confirms-wes-welkers-hit-on-aqib-talib-was-legal/

But runamok is the foremost expert on the rules and he says there was definitely a violation?

TXBRONC
01-22-2014, 07:27 PM

Patriot fans pissing moaning about as we speak. :heh:

Joel
01-22-2014, 07:42 PM

Blandino’s phrasing — “under the current rules” — suggests that the NFL’s Competition Committee will look at such hits during the offseason and consider a rules change that would protect defensive players from getting drilled by one receiver while they’re trailing another receiver.

I noticed that, too, and disliked the qualifier, because it can be inferred to mean Welker did something legal, but wrong in principle: He didn't. I don't think he even realized the hit was coming till the last second, at which point he flinched against it. In my book, it was unfortunate but incidental unintended contact, but Blandinos wording can be read to mean he agrees with Belicheats claim it was deliberate. None of us can know, but my bet is the only thing going through Welkers head was the possibility of TALIB doing just that.

I gues I should've expected this, but I didn't: Rather than admit they screwed up badly by handcuffing DBs in the name of safety and at the expense of game balance, the NFL's just going to "fix" the problem they created by handcuffing WRs and creating ANOTHER one. Maybe that's why so many WRs dunk on the goal posts after TDs: They're practicing for when the NFL dispenses with pretense and OFFICIALLY becomes part of the NBA.

Until that rule exists, however, receivers are free to hit defensive backs that way. With the Broncos looking for every advantage they can find as they prepare to face a great Seattle secondary, don’t be surprised if they run more of those pick plays in the Super Bowl.
THIS again: "Better watch that pint-sized double-concussed WR, refs; he might take a cheap shot at one of the many 'roid-raging cheap shot artists in Seattles secondary."

Thanks SO MUCH, Belicheat. If I didn't know better I'd say this whole thing was just to set the stage so the NFL could rationalize refusal to call PI, Defensive Holding and Illegal Contact. Y'know, because BOTH teams play physically and aggressively, so we should just "let them play" and work out between themselves who does it best.