PDA

View Full Version : I think they should have had at least one defensive player on podium, probably Knighton.

mouthofsouth
01-20-2014, 01:33 AM
We all know that the defense was largely instrumental in the victory. Oh, yes, Peyton and the offense were great: flawless. But the defense held Brady and Company to 3 points for most of the game, and rose to the occasion to stop them at critical times. Knighton was a Beast. He should have been there with Peyton. If they could have only two players, it should have been Peyton and a defensive player. Don't you think? Also, just want to say, this Louisiana girl who has pulled so hard for Peyton ever since he played high school football, is very proud, and I hope the naysayers just shut the you know what up!

Dapper Dan
01-20-2014, 01:35 AM
Hell. Yeah. That defense surprised the hell out of me. They showed up.

Joel
01-20-2014, 01:39 AM
Champ. Knighton was a beast, but Champ came back strong the last two games, and he's been through some really tough times over the years with us, yet always remained gracious, never complained and loyally kept coming back to do his best even when we were a 4-12 laughing stock whose coach was a stuck-up pouty cheat. But, yeah, our D mauled them; they didn't give up a first down till NEs THIRD drive, didn't give up their only first half points (a FG) until right before the 2:00 Warning, and never surrendered more till we went into Prevent up by 20 with 12:00 left.

Joel
01-20-2014, 01:42 AM
Actually, now that I think about it, here's a pretty mind-blowing stat: In the first 3 full quarters of Denvers 2 playoff games, our defense gave up a total of 3 pts. That's a '71 Cowboys-like number; the only time NE OR SD scored on us was when we were up by 3 scores and trading yards and points for time to finish them.

DenBronx
01-20-2014, 01:42 AM
I would have put Bailey up as well.

But Pot Roast is a run stuffin beeeeeasst!!!

DenBronx
01-20-2014, 01:45 AM
Hell. Yeah. That defense surprised the hell out of me. They showed up.

They stopped an offense capable of dropping 40 plus points a game. NE is scary on offense at times. I know they had injuries just like us but look what they have done even with injuries.

Seattles offense doesnt scare me at all.

Maybe lets sign Tebow for the playoffs and let him run scout so our defense can get adjusted to a mobile QB.

mouthofsouth
01-20-2014, 01:48 AM
I agree Champ Bailey would have been a good choice to be up there because he has been such a great player for Denver for years, and now he finally gets to the Super Bowl. But to totally overlook the defense like that is not right. Nance said little or nothing about the defense when he was handing the trophy around. I know Peyton always remembers to praise and thank the defense, as do the coaches, etc. but they should have been given a little more recognition in the awarding of the trophy. They deserved it.

sneakers
01-20-2014, 07:20 AM
He would have collapsed the stage!!!!!!

Joel
01-20-2014, 10:27 PM
Looking back at the play-by-play, the case for Knighton gets better: He not only had the crucial sack that kept NE down 3 scores and gave us the ball at our own 40 at the end of the 3rd quarter, but before that NE got 8 yds on 1st down to bring up a 2nd and 2 handoff to Ridley (by far their best RB.) Knighton came up to stuff him for -1, setting up his sack after an incomplete on 3rd down. Porkchop earned his sauce Sunday, and not for the first time. I was unsure he'd hold up without Vickerson, but he's fully compensated; now it's down to Williams to be our second DT stud.

Army Bronco
01-20-2014, 10:30 PM
I wanted to see Champ hold the trophy. I loved Mike Adams interview that happened on the field.

dogfish
01-20-2014, 11:51 PM
"We're gonna need a bigger podium."

Broncolingus
01-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Good thought...

I think Champ on the podium...

...Pot Roast defensive player of the game. Maybe overall MVP...

...certainly close between him and DT.

Thought very classy though, DT showing him some love in the postgame TV interview...

CoachChaz
01-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Just put the captains up there. Keep it simple

artie_dale
01-21-2014, 10:34 AM
Yes, Knighton was my defensive MVP that day. And after commercial, the TV camera was looking in on the defense from the endzone behind them during the Patriots 4th and 2. And I saw Robert Ayers and said "Lets get a sack Robert Ayers" and sure enough, he picked up the team's first sack that ended that drive.