PDA

View Full Version : LB Keith Ellisin out for game against broncos!

Calibroncogrl47
09-02-2007, 07:32 PM
- Bills linebacker Keith Ellison is out indefinitely with a sprained ankle, and Coy Wire will replace him when Buffalo opens the season against Denver next Sunday.

"It's not good. It's going to be a while," coach **** Jauron said Sunday.
Ellison was hurt in the second quarter of Buffalo's preseason finale, a 16-13 win at Detroit Thursday. He did not attend practice Sunday, but was spotted walking on crutches and wearing a protective boot on his right foot in the locker room afterward.

The Bills were counting on the second-year player to take over the weak side spot in a revamped linebacking corps that lost two veterans starters — Takeo Spikes and London Fletcher.

Ellison, Buffalo's sixth-round pick, started seven games last season.

Wire is a sixth-year veteran who has experience playing both safety and linebacker, as well as being a key member of Buffalo's special teams unit.

The Bills signed seven players to their practice squad Sunday. It's a group that includes rookie tight end Derek Schouman, the first of Buffalo's two seventh-round draft picks, who returns a day after he was among 20 players the Bills cut to determine their 53-man regular-season roster.

Five other players Buffalo released Saturday were also signed to the practice squad: receivers Justin Jenkins and Scott Mayle, offensive linemen Christian Gaddis and Nevin McCaskill and defensive lineman Corey Mace.

Rounding out the squad is defensive back Jon Corto, who had been released by the Bills earlier in the week.

Skinny
09-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Nice find cali. I just seen this and was about to post it. At least someone's on the ball. :salute:

I don't wish an injury on anyone but it is what it is. This is a big blow to a LB unit that has had it's share of losses.

SR
09-02-2007, 10:47 PM
My hands smell like rotten sponges.

Calibroncogrl47
09-02-2007, 10:59 PM
** hands smell like rotten sponges.

:confused:...have you been drinkin a little too much tonight Seeing..:laugh:
:shots:

:whoknows:

SR
09-02-2007, 11:07 PM
:confused:...have you been drinkin a little too much tonight Seeing..:laugh:
:shots:

:whoknows:

Grey Goose and Ocean Spray cranberry juice baby!

Calibroncogrl47
09-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Grey Goose and Ocean Spray cranberry juice baby!

mmmmmmm...thats one of my favs!!!... Hum..I think I need a drink..

I'll make Malibu Rum and Pinapple Juice I think!!.. Yep Yep:whoo: