PDA

View Full Version : Terrance Knighton ready to lead Broncos' push vs. Pats

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2014, 07:47 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – It may not be enough for Terrance Knighton to consistently win man-on-man battles in the trenches to make a difference in Sunday's AFC Championship Game.

It will probably take more than that.

"I can handle two," assured the Denver Broncos' powerful, 335-pound nose tackle.

The double-team blocking assignments are surely coming, with Knighton likely targeted by Bill Belichick as the top player to neutralize in order to establish the power rushing game that has fueled the New England Patriots rushing offense in recent weeks.

rest - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2014/01/18/terrance-knighton-denver-broncos-new-england-patriots-afc-championship/4639241/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Joel
01-18-2014, 08:15 PM
I hope he can handle two, that Williams is up to filling his shoes now that he must fill Vickersons, that Unrein and the FA rental can sub for them without losing much and that everyone stays healthy (if nothing else, the novelty would be welcome.) That's a whole lotta hopin' goin' on, with another even tougher game to go if we win tomorrow. Their interior line's good, too.

On the other hand, the SB Champs only have 2 games left; end's in sight, just hold it together a little longer, D. Reading the article, if NE doubles Knighton with Mankins and Solder (their two best linemen, IMHO) that could be a kind of win itself: If their two best blockers are tied up on just one of our linemen, that leaves Williams, Phillips and Jackson one-on-one against the rest most of the time; just gotta win those matchups. And, if it works and we force them to pass, the same in a 4 or 5 man rush; we can't afford to blitz Brady much, especially with a depleted secondary.

Simple Jaded
01-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Potroast was unblockable when they needed him most.

chazoe60
01-19-2014, 06:38 PM
Pot roast is a badass. His wallet is the one that says "bad mother******" on it.

atwater27
01-19-2014, 06:40 PM
That 4th down sack of Brady... Play of the mutha****ing YEAR!

slim
01-19-2014, 06:40 PM
I will be eating Pot Roast for the next 6 weeks.

#bowsdowninhonoroftheman

Broncolingus
01-19-2014, 06:41 PM
...dude backed his shit up major today...:salute:

TXBRONC
01-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Potroast was unblockable when they needed him most.

No kidding was freaking beast. I said in the game day thread I think really he's the MVP today. I know Manning had a great game but Potroast came with maybe the most plays of the game.

He absolutely made Logan Mankins his bitch today.

broncobryce
01-19-2014, 07:43 PM
My vote for MVP goes to DT, but Knighton played great, for sure. How long do we have him signed for, anyone know?

Ziggy
01-19-2014, 07:44 PM
My vote for MVP goes to DT, but Knighton played great, for sure. How long do we have him signed for, anyone know?

He signed a 2 year contract, so we have him for this season and next. Another highly underrated but brilliant move by Elway.

broncobryce
01-19-2014, 08:14 PM
He signed a 2 year contract, so we have him for this season and next. Another highly underrated but brilliant move by Elway.

Good. A good run stuffing defensive tackle commands pretty good cash a la Broderick Bunkley. Would hate to lose another one.

OrangeHoof
01-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Fantastic game by Knighton. The folks here who rip the defense every week should shut their pie holes after the last two weeks.

Army Bronco
01-19-2014, 08:47 PM
Fantastic game by Knighton. The folks here who rip the defense every week should shut their pie holes after the last two weeks.Our Defense is on a role!!!! Peaking at the right time.

Slick
01-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Tex is right. Having a game like that going against Mankins is impressive. Pot Roast kicked major ass today.

VonDoom
01-19-2014, 11:00 PM
He's been playing with great confidence lately and by that same token, I have great confidence in him. He was good all year, but he's been otherwordly lately. Great signing, and huge impact given all of our injuries.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
01-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Knighton needs an extension…unbelievable play today from the DT position

TXBRONC
01-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Tex is right. Having a game like that going against Mankins is impressive. Pot Roast kicked major ass today.

I loved every minute of it.

TXBRONC
01-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Knighton needs an extension…unbelievable play today from the DT position

He's played well all season long.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
01-19-2014, 11:29 PM
He's played well all season long.

I really couldn't agree more…he's turning into my favorite defensive player…

also, my GF loves him…she says we need more "fat" guys on the defense