PDA

View Full Version : Broncos OL Orlando Franklin went from the mean streets of Toronto to the NFL

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2014, 12:09 PM
DENVER - Back in the summer of 2002, as Peyton Manning was spending time in Indianapolis familiarizing himself with newly hired Colts coach Tony Dungy, a 15-year-old boy was sitting behind bars at a Toronto-area youth detention facility some 820 kilometres away, wondering where his out-of-control life was headed.

This much is certain: The National Football League was not even a blip on his radar back then. How could it be? For young, troubled Orlando Franklin, his main goal was just getting out of the klink after his mother, frustrated that her son had been busted for the second time in his brief life, refused to bail him out, instead wanting him to learn a harsh lesson by leaving him in jail for a handful of weeks.

For Franklin, who at the time had been arrested for breaking and entering, possession of a stolen vehicle and robbery, his world was spiraling out of control.

rest - http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/17/broncos-ol-orlando-franklin-went-from-the-mean-streets-of-toronto-to-the-nfl

Dzone
01-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Wow. I had no idea. Big O is such an articulate and intelligent guy, its awesome that he turned himself around. He is one of the best interviews on the team and a beast on the field.

Davii
01-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Wow. I had no idea. Big O is such an articulate and intelligent guy, its awesome that he turned himself around. He is one of the best interviews on the team and a beast on the field.

He really is a great interviewee. Huge change from the O-Line that didn't speak to media...

slim
01-18-2014, 02:00 PM
Mean streets of Toronto :lol:

Ravage!!!
01-18-2014, 02:36 PM

yeah.. I remember thinking like that when people said the "tough streets of Little Rock." I was like.. uh.. what? Then when the first special of "Gangland" came out, it was centered around Little Rock. Wow.... man... who knew?

slim
01-18-2014, 02:43 PM
yeah.. I remember thinking like that when people said the "tough streets of Little Rock." I was like.. uh.. what? Then when the first special of "Gangland" came out, it was centered around Little Rock. Wow.... man... who knew?

:lol: I remember thinking the same thing about that special!

But Toronto has one of the lowest crime rates of any city in North America. I mean, it is safer than a virgin girl in Tebow's bed.

tripp
01-18-2014, 05:52 PM

Toronto is pretty bad for a Canadian city, I live in the Greater Toronto Area, and the amount of guns smuggled through the border is at an all time high. Nothing compared to the likes of Detroit, but it's pretty bad for a Canadian city. Every city has it's bad spots (Scarborough to be exact).

OrangeHoof
01-18-2014, 06:03 PM

I wondered about that too. Canadians are so polite. I can see it now...

"Excuse me, do you mind if I rob you?"

"Well, uh..."

"If it's okay, I can knock you over the head with this club. You won't feel a thing. Honest."

"Normally, I would say no..."

"Would you? It's for income equality, don't you know."

"Well, since you put it that way."

"Oh, thank you ever so much. Now, just hold still..."

ShaneFalco
01-18-2014, 06:52 PM
more like the mean streets of LA

http://cdn.nahright.com/news/m.php/2013/07/debo.jpg