PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Fired Up for Sunday

Denver Native (Carol)
01-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Broncos players couldn't contain their excitement with Sunday's AFC Championship Game on the horizon.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- David Bruton didn’t hesitate for a moment in his response.

Instead, the Broncos safety and special teams captain clearly pronounced what has become growingly apparent throughout the course of the week: Sunday’s showdown with the Patriots will be played on no ordinary stage.

“It’s not another home game. That’s what it comes down to,” Bruton said. “It’s the AFC Championship Game. It’s the last game before to you go to that 'ship. It’s a dream game in two weeks. There is added pressure to this game. Everyone wants to go out and perform well, perform to the best of their abilities.”

Coupled with the stakes that have been raised to Rocky Mountain heights, however, is the undeniable excitement about playing for a berth in the Super Bowl – the sport’s grandest stage and a place where the Broncos haven’t been since Jan. 31, 1999.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Fired-Up-for-Sunday/a7282858-e071-4ea2-be5a-8627c1e74799

Denver Native (Carol)
01-17-2014, 05:00 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Rod Smith has been in this situation before.

In his 14-year career with the Broncos, he went to three AFC Championship Games. He won two en route to two Super Bowl titles.

"I kind of stole this from Peyton (Manning), but I believe in it 100 percent – he said: ‘Guys can’t step it up right now, because then that means you’ve been slacking in the past,’" Smith said. "You can’t step it up right now, because you should have been playing on all cylinders all year."

Now retired, Smith is still in Denver and has maintained a steady presence at Broncos practices and games.

"I was in this locker room at one point," he said. "I am outside of it now, with one foot still kind of in, and I’m just excited for those guys to get themselves to this position – just really knowing how precious it is – because everybody doesn’t get to this point."

rest - plus video - Rod -
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Rod-Smith-Believes-in-Broncos/22ae99a7-b2dd-4d07-bfae-0565546328fc