PDA

View Full Version : Come what may I am happy, and confident.

LawDog
01-16-2014, 10:07 PM
When Elway and co brought the first Lombardi to Denver in 97 I had a certain calmness and confidence about that season. Every playoff win was just gravy. The hype was tempered, especially leading up to the SB. Shanny had everyone on lockdown, no boasting, no bull crap, just respect for the game, the opponent, recognition of the opportunity and how rare it is.

I feel the same this year. The team is humble, but there is a confidence in them. I was anxious about the San Diego game but wouldn't have been crushed if it had gone the other way. Now, as the team moves forward, I am proud to be a fan, proud of what they have accomplished and enjoying every moment of it. Win or lose, this has been a fantastic season to be a Bronco fan.

I really started to see a change after the regular season loss to the Chargers and Peyton's post game presser. He was disappointed, but his demeanor was different. He was calmly confident that they would overcome, learn, improve... And they have. After the loss to the Pats, he was obviously bothered, was quiet and short with the reporters etc. Same with the Colts loss, although I think that was due in part to the close connection he has with that city.

Anyway, I am anxious for the game Sunday, but not anxious about the outcome. I have a calm confidence that they will play well, play as a team, and will ultimately win.

Can't ask for more as a fan.

Go Broncos, United in Orange, Time to Ride.

LawDog
02-01-2014, 12:52 AM
What a long two weeks this has been... I am excited for the game, but also a bit sad that football is about to end again for a few months. What a ride this has been, so happy that our Broncos are in it to the end.

One more day, one more game, let's go, United in Orange, Time to Ride, one last time.