PDA

View Full Version : Manning, Elway Bond as Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2014, 08:12 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- In March 2012, free-agent quarterback Peyton Manning visited Denver.

He hit it off with Executive Vice President of Football Operations John Elway right away, talking football throughout the visit.

On March 20, 2012, he officially signed with the Broncos. Now nearly two years later, Manning's relationship with Elway has continued to grow.

"I think being an ex-quarterback, he has been a great resource," Manning said. "He doesn’t come to our quarterback meetings and he is not is on the phones with me during the game. I think he wants to make that clear that it is his job to hire good people to communicate with me on those ends. At the same time, I think you would be crazy not to ask a quarterback with his experience questions."

rest, plus Peyton video
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Manning-Elway-Bond-as-Broncos/07d0ed78-5f17-491b-bebc-cad67c8388ea

dogfish
01-16-2014, 09:19 PM
you guys heard it here first. . . the next ownership group of your denver broncos. . .

:defense:

WTE
01-16-2014, 09:21 PM
you guys heard it here first. . . the next ownership group of your denver broncos. . .

And playing at the Papa Johns Field at Mile High!

slim
01-16-2014, 09:44 PM

No, actually I heard my brain say it last year :hi:

dogfish
01-16-2014, 09:45 PM
And playing at the Papa Johns Field at Mile High!

i don't know if papa johns has that type of marketing budget, but if it did turn out that way, oh well. . . it's no difference than any other corporate name on the stadium. . .

dogfish
01-16-2014, 09:46 PM
No, actually I heard my brain say it last year :hi:

technically, i've been saying it since he signed here. . .

:wave:

Dapper Dan
01-16-2014, 10:47 PM
technically, i've been saying it since he signed here. . .

:wave:

orly? I said it before he even signed with Denver.

DenBronx
01-16-2014, 11:12 PM

Nah, it's an idea passed around for awhile now.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out at least Elway has serious interest in being owner one day. Pairing up with Manning after he retires will help solidify the deal.

MOtorboat
01-16-2014, 11:16 PM
i don't know if papa johns has that type of marketing budget, but if it did turn out that way, oh well. . . it's no difference than any other corporate name on the stadium. . .

Papa John's Stadium is already taken.

Signed,
The University of Louisville

dogfish
01-16-2014, 11:16 PM
Nah, it's an idea passed around for awhile now.

passed from who to whom, though?

;)

DenBronx
01-16-2014, 11:39 PM
passed from who to whom, though?

;)

You could say most everyones thought proccess. Starting with Elway himself.

What?

You wanted credit for this blockbuster idea??? Lol

Dapper Dan
01-17-2014, 12:22 AM
Papa John's Stadium is already taken.

Signed,
The University of Louisville

They're still doing a bunch of promos with John Calipari. :tsk:

vettesplus
01-17-2014, 10:16 AM
As much as I respect pfm for what he brings, in every way, I don't think he will stay in Denver when he retires...just how I feel.

BroncoJoe
01-17-2014, 10:18 AM
As much as I respect pfm for what he brings, in every way, I don't think he will stay in Denver when he retires...just how I feel.

50/50 proposition. His kids are getting older, wife supposedly loves it here and frankly, Indy over Denver? Pulleese.

Dapper Dan
01-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Is Colorado the new Florida? ..where old people go after retirement.