PDA

View Full Version : John Elway says move from player to Broncos executive takes adjustment come playoff time

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2014, 02:46 PM
John Elway admits it still takes some getting used to.

This transition from quarterback to football executive. As he was putting together a Hall of Fame career as the Broncos' quarterback, Elway enjoyed the playoffs.

His job now is putting together the Broncos' roster that defeated the San Diego Chargers in the second-round of the playoffs last week, a victory that put his team in the AFC championship game Sunday against the New England Patriots.

His current position is less enjoyable come playoff time.

"It's very different," Elway said Thursday during a roundtable discussion with several local and national writers in the Broncos' upstairs conference room. "It takes some getting used to. I enjoy watching the regular-season games, but I was absolutely miserable last week watching this game. It took me four hours to get the pit out of my stomach when it was over. It's not nearly as much fun upstairs as it is down on the field, especially these championship games and the playoffs.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24926273/john-elway-says-move-from-player-executive-takes

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Another comment from Elway, which is not in article:

John Elway said "it was studly" offensive coordinator Adam Gase put Broncos ahead of head coach opportunity:

“He’s got such a great feel and he’s a hard worker and he’s very bright. I hope he stays. For him to say I’m going to keep my focus on the Denver Broncos and once our season is over I’ll interview, to me that was studly. I like guys that our committed to what they’re doing, committed to the Denver Broncos."

http://sulia.com/channel/denver-broncos/f/ac95a8bd-63df-43ef-82ff-cf6a33e4c0d5/?action=prop&source=tw&form_factor=desktop

OrangeHoof
01-16-2014, 08:07 PM
It took me three hours to get through the fourth quarter last Sunday. The first three quarters zipped by rather quickly but the fourth quarter seemed to take forever.