PDA

View Full Version : NFL peers respect Peyton Manning

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2014, 12:20 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- As a football executive, John Elway wasn't beginning from scratch when he took over as the Denver Broncos' vice president of football operations in January 2011. He was acting more like the "Department of Organizational Resurrection."

But when it came time for the Hall of Fame quarterback to pursue a player he felt could be the face of the franchise, Elway had owner Pat Bowlen's checkbook in hand and carte blanche on the job description.

And Elway picked Peyton Manning.

"I get asked about it a lot," Elway said, "and I just believe a guy like Peyton raises all boats, affects every part of your franchise. ... Everything from how he performs, how he prepares, the expectations he has for himself, that's evident to everybody around him.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10303066/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-most-respected-nfl-espn-survey

BroncoNut
01-16-2014, 12:26 PM
people love manning. I was at the Ravens game and couple seasons ago,and a Ravens fan leaned in and whipered to me "go peyton". everyone wishes him the best, and would like to see him retire on an sb win. except come to think of it steeler fans, but they are BY FAR the worst fans in the league imo