PDA

View Full Version : Why the Broncos are the least hateable playoff team

aberdien
01-16-2014, 11:57 AM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjkiebus/reasons-the-denver-broncos-are-the-least-hateable-in-the

I spent a few minutes stopped at the pic of Decker's babe wife.

Tned
01-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Because of Miles. Not a better looking mascot in football (although mini-Miles kind of reminds me of Chucky and is creepy).

Dzone
01-16-2014, 12:33 PM
Great article.

ShaneFalco
01-16-2014, 01:24 PM
lol the monocle gif for pete carrol is great

and this as well.

Matt Prater kicked at NFL record 64-yard field goal this season and then celebrated like Maximus from Gladiator. “ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED [BY SKILLED SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY]???”

Tned
01-16-2014, 01:36 PM
I had missed the fake invoice to Decker thing. That's pretty good.

ShaneFalco
01-16-2014, 01:43 PM
i bet tned smashed his fist into his keyboard when he saw #10

MOtorboat
01-16-2014, 01:53 PM

Did you start crying when they got to the end and talked about shitty quarterbacks?

ShaneFalco
01-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Yes i shed a tear for timmy.

Tned
01-16-2014, 02:01 PM

Nope, I find the irrational yapping of its cheerleaders annoying, not the plant itself.

Joel
01-16-2014, 03:14 PM
My personal favorite (by a wide margin) is #12. Again, the team that justs broke half a dozen season scoring records is the one LEAST full of itself. '9ers fans have been insufferably arrogant ever since they finally overcame 40 years of futility to buy five championship teams in the '80s and '90s. Seattle fans have basically condensed that entire progression down to a single year: "Yeah, we've never won a SB, only reached one and were the worst team in the worst division for 35 years, but ONE SEASON as the best team in the best division makes us the GoAT111"

Meanwhile, the Patriots are... the Patriots. After running up the score on EVERYONE en route to the sole perfect 16 game season in NFL history, the continued arrogance that led them to go for it on 4th and THIRTEEN in the SUPER BOWL caused them to blow it and finish 18-D'OH! After that the only thing they had to show for a season of dishonest vanity was a bunch of records that no longer exist—thanks to us. Yet we don't go for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter leading awful teams by 20 pts, or scoff at the suggestion even a SB team can hold us below 17 pts.

That's not us. If humility won championships, we'd already have this one, but they aren't so we still need to win another game just to reach the Super Bowl.

Dzone
01-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Not being a dick about it is huge. So rare in our me first society

slim
01-16-2014, 03:42 PM
I'm pretty sure the Broncos didn't create Tebowmania....God did.

Dreadnought
01-16-2014, 03:49 PM
I'm pretty sure the Broncos didn't create Tebowmania....God did.

The horrible state of Florida and the SEC are to blame. Its not the fault of the Broncs or of TT himself.

slim
01-16-2014, 03:53 PM
The horrible state of Florida and the SEC are to blame. Its not the fault of the Broncs or of TT himself.

It's no one's fault, Dread. It was a force that couldn't be stopped, like a tornado or an earthquake or WTE's big mouth.

LawDog
01-16-2014, 03:56 PM
It's no one's fault, Dread. It was a force that couldn't be stopped, like a tornado or an earthquake or WTE's big mouth.

It is Baby Hoodie's fault.

Dzone
01-16-2014, 03:59 PM
Tebow will win The Comeback Player Of The Year..it is written

slim
01-16-2014, 04:00 PM
It is Baby Hoodie's fault.

"fault" has a negative connotation, so I do not accept this.

#playoffs

FanInAZ
01-16-2014, 05:48 PM
11-14 are my favorites

LawDog
01-16-2014, 07:10 PM
"fault" has a negative connotation, so I do not accept this.

#playoffs

I separate the phenomenon of Tim Tebow between the lines and whatever charismatic feature he has that inspires those around him to play better. The fact that he replaced Orton and Denver ended up with barely enough wins to trip over themselves and land in the playoffs, which resulted in them hanging around in a game against Pittsburgh and their gimped out QB who was playing at around 50%, and then get an opportunity at a 100-1 killshot crossing route that DT took to the house only to get humbled the next week by a real playoff team. I separate all that from "Tebowmania" which I assign to the myopic and stubborn group of Tebow groupies whose only priority is what Timmy is doing at any particular moment of any day over pretty much everything else in the known universe. The latter is what I blame Baby Hoodie for; and it is indeed a negative. The former made for a heck of a fun season that started off looking like another mediocre neckbeard tragedy.