PDA

View Full Version : I Have a Sickness

spikerman
01-15-2014, 10:13 PM
I'm driving 14-15 hours to Denver just for the game this weekend. I think I may have a problem.

Tned
01-15-2014, 10:13 PM
I'm driving 14-15 hours to Denver just for the game this weekend. I think I may have a problem.

lol, yep. But many are inflicted.

Slick
01-15-2014, 10:18 PM
I won't be making the 70 hour drive unfortunately. Have fun and be loud spiker and tned.

chazoe60
01-15-2014, 10:31 PM
I'm going to a concert in Estes Park the night before. It's one of my absolute favorite bands (Murder By Death) playing a concert at the Stanley Hotel (the inspiration for the book The Shining). It's arguably the most perfect concert scenario I could imagine this side of Flogging Molly playing at the Belly up in Aspen. I rarely drink anymore but I plan on painting the town red that night with my lovely wife.

The problem: I live 3.5-4 hours away from Estes Park and I will have a 9 year old boy waiting for me to watch the game with him Sunday. Not watching the game with my son is out of the question, so I will be waking up no later than 6, waking my wife up and hitting the hopefully dry roads by no later than 7.

Moral of the story? We all have a sickness.

MOtorboat
01-15-2014, 10:42 PM
That's a God damn great problem to have!

Excuse my French.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2014, 10:42 PM
Get up, come on get down with the sickness
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me
You mother get up come on get down with the sickness
You ****** get up come on get down with the sickness
Madness is the gift, that has been given to me

Nomad
01-15-2014, 10:51 PM
I'm going to a concert in Estes Park the night before. It's one of my absolute favorite bands (Murder By Death) playing a concert at the Stanley Hotel (the inspiration for the book The Shining). It's arguably the most perfect concert scenario I could imagine this side of Flogging Molly playing at the Belly up in Aspen. I rarely drink anymore but I plan on painting the town red that night with my lovely wife.

The problem: I live 3.5-4 hours away from Estes Park and I will have a 9 year old boy waiting for me to watch the game with him Sunday. Not watching the game with my son is out of the question, so I will be waking up no later than 6, waking my wife up and hitting the hopefully dry roads by no later than 7.

Moral of the story? We all have a sickness.

As long as you don't go to the game!:D

DenBronx
01-15-2014, 11:06 PM

Maybe you need more cowbell?

dogfish
01-15-2014, 11:39 PM
make sure you do it trucker-style, and get some meth for the drive home. . . that'll make it go much quicker. . .

Shazam!
01-16-2014, 12:15 AM
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me
You mother get up come on get down with the sickness
You ****** get up come on get down with the sickness
Madness is the gift, that has been given to me

I knew Disturbed would've been mentioned but I expected to come from North...

Davii
01-16-2014, 12:42 AM
Spikerman,

I agree. You have a problem. Immediately send your tickets to me so I can make the 20 hour drive and relieve you of this burden. Just the kind of love I have for you man.

dogfish
01-16-2014, 01:21 AM
I Have a Sickness

otherwise known as a "vegetarian diet". . . maybe if you ate some real food, you wouldn't be all sickly and shit. . . just a thought. . .

spikerman
01-16-2014, 07:16 AM
Spikerman,

I agree. You have a problem. Immediately send your tickets to me so I can make the 20 hour drive and relieve you of this burden. Just the kind of love I have for you man.

You're a good friend Davii, but I feel like this is my problem and I have to face it head on.

spikerman
01-16-2014, 07:17 AM
otherwise known as a "vegetarian diet". . . maybe if you ate some real food, you wouldn't be all sickly and shit. . . just a thought. . .

True, but by looking at me you can tell I'm not starving.

MOtorboat
01-16-2014, 09:14 AM
So, what's the best way to get from San Antonio to Denver. I would think it's one of those "there's no good way" type routes.

Slick
01-16-2014, 10:15 AM
So, what's the best way to get from San Antonio to Denver. I would think it's one of those "there's no good way" type routes.

The first time I made that drive, it took 17 hours. The second time I did it in 14, I ran behind some truckers that time. . Took state highways up to around Lubbock, then got on the interstate until I got to Amarillo , then jumped on to another state highway until I got to Raton, New Mexico, then got on I 25 and you're home free.

spikerman
01-16-2014, 05:33 PM

You're right.. there is no good way. sigh.

spikerman
01-16-2014, 05:47 PM
The first time I made that drive, it took 17 hours. The second time I did it in 14, I ran behind some truckers that time. . Took state highways up to around Lubbock, then got on the interstate until I got to Amarillo , then jumped on to another state highway until I got to Raton, New Mexico, then got on I 25 and you're home free.

Yep, that's how I'm going. San Antonio-San Angelo-Lubbock-Amarillo-Raton-Denver. That's a lot of ugly Texas.

BroncoJoe
01-16-2014, 05:48 PM
Yep, that's how I'm going. San Antonio-San Angelo-Lubbock-Amarillo-Raton-Denver. That's a lot of ugly Texas.

Maybe Tned will honor you with his presence this time.

spikerman
01-16-2014, 05:53 PM
Maybe Tned will honor you with his presence this time.
Fingers crossed.

Joel
01-16-2014, 06:40 PM
Truth. Then again, you're starting at the Gateway to Ugly Texas and heading ever deeper, so there's probably no way around that short of flying. :tongue: Just be grateful you CAN drive anywhere in North America if time's no object; I really miss that luxury.

Slick
01-16-2014, 07:46 PM

Yeah, the best parts of that drive are the beginning and the end. The hill country part leaving San Antonio for about 2 hours and then having the beautiful Rocky Mountains on your left as you get closer and closer to Denver. The in between is extremely boring.

Be safe on the roads, bud.

spikerman
01-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Yeah, the best parts of that drive are the beginning and the end. The hill country part leaving San Antonio for about 2 hours and then having the beautiful Rocky Mountains on your left as you get closer and closer to Denver. The in between is extremely boring.

Be safe on the roads, bud.
Thank you, my friend.

slim
01-16-2014, 08:47 PM
I have a cure!!

:drinking: