PDA

View Full Version : Peyton explains meaning of "Omaha"

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2014, 07:39 PM
This is priceless

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000313852/Manning-explains-meaning-of-Omaha

mouthofsouth
01-16-2014, 02:53 AM
People talk about how handsome Tom Brady is. Even Michael Strahan on Letterman. But Peyton has nice looks and his wonderful personality makes up for any differences in his looks and Brady's. I have nothing against Brady as a nice man, but Peyton is just the nicest.

Dzone
01-16-2014, 04:10 AM
People talk about how handsome Tom Brady is. Even Michael Strahan on Letterman. But Peyton has nice looks and his wonderful personality makes up for any differences in his looks and Brady's. I have nothing against Brady as a nice man, but Peyton is just the nicest.
You sure got that right. I am just so impressed with Peyton Manning in all aspects. .That SI Sportsman of the year article was moving. If he ever wrote all this down in an autobiography, I would buy it. Peyton is nothing but class in every sense of the word. Its great having him be a Bronco. Thank You Peyton Manning for bringing your class act to Denver!

Hawgdriver
01-16-2014, 04:26 AM
Peyton has taken the media-interfacing sports personality to HOF++ levels. Class act.

This is just another example. Appeals to all levels.

capt. Jack
01-16-2014, 05:54 AM
I love me some Peyton!

weazel
01-16-2014, 11:11 AM
there's a whole lotta masturbating going on in this thread

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2014, 12:34 PM
OMAHA, Neb. -- Peyton Manning's foundation for at-risk youth will receive a $500 contribution for every time the Denver Broncos' quarterback shouts "Omaha" during the AFC Championship Game.

Manning brought national attention to Nebraska's largest city with his loud "Omaha" pre-snap calls during the Broncos' playoff win over San Diego last weekend.

AND

Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce president and CEO David Brown announced Thursday that five Omaha-based companies are combining to donate $500 to Manning's "Peyback Foundation" each time he shouts "Omaha" in Sunday's game against the New England Patriots.

The participating companies are ConAgra Foods, First National Bank of Omaha, Mutual of Omaha, Omaha Steaks and Union Pacific Railroad.

full article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10303147/peyton-manning-foundation-earn-500-every-omaha

broncofaninfla
01-16-2014, 02:15 PM
I personally like "Hurry, hurry" more but as long as we win I don't care what he says during his cadence.

BroncoNut
01-16-2014, 02:20 PM

you are so funny mouthofsouth!!!! stay out of the lounge please

BroncoNut
01-16-2014, 02:25 PM

Peyton has to be nice though. He's not the best looking of the 2 quarterbacks. I'd take Brady over him everytime in the looks department, but behind my center?...... Peyton Manning wins that contest

Army Bronco
01-18-2014, 04:11 PM
The city of Omaha wishes Denver good luck in a new You Tube video.

Peyton Manning’s “Omaha” referenced in Greater Omaha Chamber video - http://feeds.denverpost.com/~r/dp-blogs-broncos/~3/7nKQjBnI4Ig/

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2014, 06:18 PM
In thanks for Peyton Manning's widely seen and heard "Omaha! Omaha!" shouts at the line of scrimmage, the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce sent a video love-note Friday to Denver.

Showing quick-changing Omaha scenes over a musical background, the 30-second video (watch below) starts with the scribbling of what looks like the chart of a football play.

"You have to be set before every great play," a narrator says. "We know 'Omaha' works for Peyton. It works for us, too."

rest - plus video
http://www.omaha.com/article/20140117/SPORTS/140118831