PDA

View Full Version : Hochman: Denver Broncos want to win NFL title for Champ Bailey, Peyton Manning

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2014, 02:55 PM
This is why Peyton Manning came to Denver.

This is why Champ Bailey persevered throughout a seemingly lost season.

This is what it's all about for these two — for Pat Bowlen to declare that this one's for them.

This season's Super Bowl title run remains a reality for the pair of old soldiers. And since the season basically has been popping off the pages of a Hollywood script, this next scene couldn't be more fitting. For the Broncos to advance to the Super Bowl, Bailey will likely need to play a major role in the AFC championship game after missing much of the season with injuries. And for Denver to advance to the Super Bowl, Manning will have to knock off his nemesis. Tom Brady has three rings and a fourth honoring his nuptials with a supermodel. He's won 10 of his 14 games against Manning, including a victory this season. He's the guy you hate to hate, but have to hate if you're a Broncos fan.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_24905772/denver-broncos-want-win-nfl-title-champ-bailey

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2014, 02:57 PM
from same article:

"It's for these guys who have put so much into football and maybe haven't gotten back what we think they may deserve," wide receiver Eric Decker said in a quiet Dove Valley hallway Monday. "They're future Hall of Famers. Obviously we want to win for them, and our focus is making sure that we do our job, so they don't have to worry about us. ...

"(With Manning), that's why he chose to come here. He didn't have too many years left and we were a younger team. And a lot of people just followed in his footsteps of — all right, let's get this done."

http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_24905772/denver-broncos-want-win-nfl-title-champ-bailey

Army Bronco
01-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Reading this kinda gave me more hope. This Harris injury has bummed me out. When Von went out I was still as confident as i was all year but I just think Harris is too crucial. TY for lifting my spirits Carol.

Northman
01-14-2014, 03:20 PM
I would actually just be satisfied making the SB at this point. Been way too long.