PDA

View Full Version : Weather forecast for Broncos-Patriots playoff game

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2014, 12:04 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 12h

Forecast for Sunday: 61 degrees and sunny. A day like that, why waste it trying to establish the run?

Oh, by the way, it is snowing right now :D

jhildebrand
01-14-2014, 01:02 PM
Snow that wasnt anywhere in any of the multiple forecasts I have read!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2014, 01:15 PM

Different local tv weather people stated we could get a little snow today

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-14-2014, 01:17 PM
We may have to establish the run if NE drops 7-8 into coverage like they did last time. Establishing the run should be a little easier without Spikes as well. Who have they been playing in the middle? Did they move Hightower over?

PatriotsGuy
01-14-2014, 01:28 PM
We may have to establish the run if NE drops 7-8 into coverage like they did last time. Establishing the run should be a little easier without Spikes as well. Who have they been playing in the middle? Did they move Hightower over?

Dane Fletcher

I can smell your fear

Broncolingus
01-14-2014, 01:33 PM
Bombs away...

...maybe for both teams.

OrangeHoof
01-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Cold or bad weather is not going to be an asset against the Pats. They're used to that shit. Sunny and warm works just fine.

WTE
01-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Dane Fletcher

I can smell your fear

I hope they put Jamie Collins on Julius and Talib on Demaryius. That leaves Dennard on Decker and Logan Ryan/Arrington on The Great Gazoo.

SR
01-14-2014, 07:39 PM

We had the same here. A storm that was supposed to stay north moved south and we got about two inches of snow in an hour and a half, then the sun came out and it warmed up to almost 40 and melted the snow away.

SR
01-14-2014, 07:40 PM

Moreno had the best game of his career against NE this year. Let him run.

SR
01-14-2014, 07:41 PM
I hope they put Jamie Collins on Julius and Talib on Demaryius. That leaves Dennard on Decker and Logan Ryan/Arrington on The Great Gazoo.

DT will have a great game against Talib. Let it rain on his punk ass.

Ziggy
01-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 12h

Forecast for Sunday: 61 degrees and sunny. A day like that, why waste it trying to establish the run?

Because establishing the run keeps Brady off of the field, keeps Manning clean, and wins games in the playoffs?

pulse
01-14-2014, 10:59 PM
This weekend is shaping up great, weather-wise. On the other hand, the weather for the Super Bowl is starting to look ominous. Early indications from long-range GFS and Euro model guidance are hinting at another polar vortex setting up over Ontario/Quebec with a slight blocking pattern over Greenland. That suggests below freezing temperatures and the possibility of snow for the week of the Super Bowl. That's not much of a surprise, given it's February 2nd in the Mid-Atlantic region. But it's looking less likely that there will be a mild pattern in place for the game. So for now, looks like below freezing temperatures are looking much more likely. Though whether there will be winter precip for the game is still too far away to forecast with any certainty.

BroncoJoe
01-15-2014, 07:39 AM
This weekend is shaping up great, weather-wise. On the other hand, the weather for the Super Bowl is starting to look ominous. Early indications from long-range GFS and Euro model guidance are hinting at another polar vortex setting up over Ontario/Quebec with a slight blocking pattern over Greenland. That suggests below freezing temperatures and the possibility of snow for the week of the Super Bowl. That's not much of a surprise, given it's February 2nd in the Mid-Atlantic region. But it's looking less likely that there will be a mild pattern in place for the game. So for now, looks like below freezing temperatures are looking much more likely. Though whether there will be winter precip for the game is still too far away to forecast with any certainty.

I still don't get why they didn't go with a retractable roof in NY. Two teams play in that stadium. It's not like they couldn't afford it.