PDA

View Full Version : Wes Welker returns just in time for Broncos after concussion

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2014, 03:51 PM
To protect his brain that had been knocked silly earlier this season, Wes Welker took on a look straight out of the Jetsons. He wore an oversized concussion helmet Sunday that dwarfed his head, which is otherwise proportioned nicely for a 5-foot-8, 185-pound slot receiver.

"I wouldn't say it's a concussion helmet," Welker said, his muscular arms laced with raw abrasions from shoulder to forearm after the Broncos' victory. "It's the next size up. A few players in here wear one. It's something they had me wear for safety."

Welker also wore a colorful mouthpiece. Concussion experts say wearing the right mouthpiece can be vital in reducing the impact of a head blow.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24897974/wes-welker-returns-just-time-broncos-after-concussion

tomjonesrocks
01-13-2014, 04:09 PM
Manning's disgusted/ambivalent "what?" answer about Welker's helmet when questioned in the postgame presser made me laugh...

olathebroncofan
01-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Did we need this description

"...his muscular arms laced with raw abrasions from shoulder to forearm after the Broncos' victory."

It was borderline the type of description you see in a romance novel.

Broncolingus
01-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Wesley is due for a big game...

...would be nice for him to have it against his old chumps.

Dzone
01-14-2014, 03:39 PM
Please just catch the ball. Wes can get open, its his drops that make me nervous

Ravage!!!
01-14-2014, 03:40 PM
Please just catch the ball. Wes can get open, its his drops that make me nervous

That drop down by the goalline... I could hear Mrs. Brady screaming "Hah!" all the way here.

Dzone
01-14-2014, 03:45 PM
I thought all helmets were anti concussion helmets. If its better for your brain to wear an oversized helmet, then why doesnt everyone do it? I dont get the big helmet thng.

weazel
01-14-2014, 04:41 PM
Welker is very important to this offense but Im almost thinking Julius Thomas is the most important receiver this team has right now.

NightTerror218
01-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Welker is very important to this offense but Im almost thinking Julius Thomas is the most important receiver this team has right now.

We have many weapons that can step up and do great. Both Thomas decker and weaker have all had huge games. Anyone can light it up again at anytime. I think this will be a decker game. Takin will blanket d thomas except for the quick screen passes he runs to the house on.