PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady embraces underdog role

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2014, 12:18 PM
Tom Brady thinks the Patriots will be considered underdogs against Peyton Manning and the Broncos in Sunday's AFC Championship Game and says that winning in Denver would be "as satisfying a victory" as he's had during his illustrious career.

"I think we've overcome a lot of things, a lot of injuries, we've had some amazing comebacks to get to this situation where we finished the regular season 12-4 with a lot of players filling some big roles over the course of the year," Brady told the "Dennis & Callahan Show" on WEEI sports radio in Boston on Monday morning.

"And then to having really played our best football the last three weeks, and now to get a chance to go play one of the best teams in the league, it's everything you could ask for. This is what football is all about."

rest - http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10285952/2013-nfl-playoffs-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-embraces-team-underdog-role-denver-broncos-afc-championship-game

GEM
01-13-2014, 12:20 PM
Bah Brady. Can't stand the dude. :laugh: Underdog, schmunderdog...I hope Phillips fills his mouth with turf. :D

slim
01-13-2014, 12:47 PM
He also embraces **** with his lips.

silkamilkamonico
01-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Love watching brady. Guy is salty cool. If denver doesnt win I'm cheering for brady.

MasterShake
01-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Brady and the Pats have been playing the underdog card for a long time, but I have a hard time believing that any of them buy into it. This is what, their 3rd AFCCG in a row? This game is not about 2 underdogs. As a matter of fact, this is the first championship weekend in a long time (for me, anyway) that sees the final four as EXACTLY what it should be. The AFC is seeing two titans of the game clash for what may be the last time, and the two most prolific defenses with the most dynamic new QB's are going head to head in the NFC. This is going to be a great weekend of football. There are no underdogs this weekend, just history waiting to be made.

I AM PUMPED!

BigDaddyBronco
01-13-2014, 01:02 PM
If Denver doesn't win then I don't give a ****.

Northman
01-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Love watching brady. Guy is salty cool. If denver doesnt win I'm cheering for brady.

To that we agree. I never had any problem with him. Easy to cheer for.

MasterShake
01-13-2014, 01:06 PM
To that we agree. I never had any problem with him. Easy to cheer for.

I remember rooting like crazy for them to bet the Rams, but going back and forth during the perfect season. I kinda wanted them to see them finish it off, but I also kinda wanted to see them lose. After the Broncos are out of it I am all over the place when I watch the other games.

capt. Jack
01-13-2014, 01:11 PM

I just threw up!

Northman
01-13-2014, 01:16 PM
I remember rooting like crazy for them to bet the Rams, but going back and forth during the perfect season. I kinda wanted them to see them finish it off, but I also kinda wanted to see them lose. After the Broncos are out of it I am all over the place when I watch the other games.

Indeed. I love football too much to stop watching if Denver is out. I already took the day after SB Sunday off no matter who is there. And i am with you on the 2007 season, i was pulling for them to go unbeaten but i had to give it up to Eli because that one play where he avoided a game ending sack and then hit Tyree with a pass that he really had no business catching is as iconic as John doing his helicopter spin on that scramble. Its why no matter how impressive the run was for NE they didnt win the golden prize so it was in a sense a failure. But, at least they did make the dance in the process.

GEM
01-13-2014, 01:43 PM
I am already sick to my stomach thinking of my life with no football for the next 7 months.

BroncoNut
01-13-2014, 01:46 PM
He can embrace my underdog any day of the week

OrangeHoof
01-13-2014, 01:50 PM
I am already sick to my stomach thinking of my life with no football for the next 7 months.

Particularly since baseball season no longer holds the thrill for me that it once did. Thanks, Bud Selig.

topscribe
01-13-2014, 01:51 PM
rest - http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10285952/2013-nfl-playoffs-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-embraces-team-underdog-role-denver-broncos-afc-championship-game
I'm sure Brady has a comfortable place to watch the Super Bowl game . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2014, 01:56 PM
Last night I heard that this will be the first playoff game for the Patriots on the road since 2006

BroncoNut
01-13-2014, 01:58 PM

I look forward to the break. you should try to get into some other activity during the offseason. like, I dont' know.,,,,...... maybe play a sport?

artie_dale
01-13-2014, 01:59 PM
I actually like Tom Brady as an NFL QB. He's been clutch more times than not. Sure, he cries to the refs, but most QBs do. I don't like him as a person or anything, but he is a pretty damn good NFL QB.

This game is going to come down to whether Denver can slow NE down. They've been playing really great as of late (especially that last game against Indi). I do think Indi played into NE's hand though, which is why the game got so out of hand. Indi threw int's and NE made the most of them.

SO, we cannot make the same mistakes. This is going to be a matchup chess-match. Belicheck is going to completely remove one or two of our offensive weapons (likely Welker &/or DT) and it'll be up to the rest of the team to step. I think Belicheck is perfectly fine with the notion we may want to control the clock and run the ball (they proved that didn't matter the last time we faced them). We just can't let them force us to make offensive mistakes.

The Defense did great against the run yesterday, but that may have been due to Matthews being already injured/hurt. Blount blew it up, we've just got to put a clamp on him and make it difficult for Brady to hit his slot rcvr.

Did anyone have immediate flashbacks when Rivers hit Allen for that deep bomb down the right side of the field? WE CAN'T AFFORD TO DO THAT AGAINST NE!!!!

GEM
01-13-2014, 03:52 PM
I look forward to the break. you should try to get into some other activity during the offseason. like, I dont' know.,,,,...... maybe play a sport?

Well, if you were closer, I could learn kick the jackass. But alas, you're too far away.

BroncoNut
01-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Well, if you were closer, I could learn kick the jackass. But alas, you're too far away.

Gem, I actually meant this as a sincere suggestion. no need to be so snotty or to suggest that I might be a horse's ass. pretty funny though

MasterShake
01-13-2014, 04:07 PM
I actually like Tom Brady as an NFL QB. He's been clutch more times than not. Sure, he cries to the refs, but most QBs do. I don't like him as a person or anything, but he is a pretty damn good NFL QB.

This game is going to come down to whether Denver can slow NE down. They've been playing really great as of late (especially that last game against Indi). I do think Indi played into NE's hand though, which is why the game got so out of hand. Indi threw int's and NE made the most of them.

SO, we cannot make the same mistakes. This is going to be a matchup chess-match. Belicheck is going to completely remove one or two of our offensive weapons (likely Welker &/or DT) and it'll be up to the rest of the team to step. I think Belicheck is perfectly fine with the notion we may want to control the clock and run the ball (they proved that didn't matter the last time we faced them). We just can't let them force us to make offensive mistakes.

The Defense did great against the run yesterday, but that may have been due to Matthews being already injured/hurt. Blount blew it up, we've just got to put a clamp on him and make it difficult for Brady to hit his slot rcvr.

Did anyone have immediate flashbacks when Rivers hit Allen for that deep bomb down the right side of the field? WE CAN'T AFFORD TO DO THAT AGAINST NE!!!!

Plus he has a pretty good sense of humor.

q2CA0_UE4yU

pulse
01-13-2014, 04:08 PM
I'm willing to bet more writers and media will be picking the Patriots over the Broncos. Why? Because of the Manning vs Brady hype and their records against each other, the Patriots mystique and the I-95 corridor media. All will be tooting New England's horn.

No, if New England wins, it will be because they outplayed us. Perhaps they continue their physical play and we can't slow down the run. Perhaps Brady takes advantage of our maimed secondary and lights it up. Either way, New England is going to score some points. But so will Denver. Denver is clearly the superior team on offense from a personnel standpoint. New England's defense does not match up well against our physical receivers. Both JT and DT should be able to get separation. Welker should have shaken off the rust and he's got to have some bitter taste left over from that regular season screw-up. If Denver can continue their physical play they showed against San Diego, punish their line and move the ball on the ground, we should be able to control the game. On the other hand, New England may do the same. I think we can have more success in stopping the run versus what Indianapolis was able to do in the divisional round. However, Brady is going to move the ball. I don't see us stopping their short and intermediate routes. They're going to have just as much success on third downs has Denver will. Both teams are going to sustain long drives. This could be a faster game than the last match-up. But just like in that regular season nail-biter, the game's winner may not be decided until the last play.

GEM
01-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Gem, I actually meant this as a sincere suggestion. no need to be so snotty or to suggest that I might be a horse's ass. pretty funny though

You, sir, are full of shit! :D You're lucky I like you, nut.

chazoe60
01-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Brady has always embraced the underdog role, especially in bath-houses all over the northeast. #EABODWTE

dogfish
01-13-2014, 04:28 PM
yea, if we lose, i'll root for brady. . .

. . . to catch on fire. . .

:coffee:

lol, underdog. . . what an assclown!

WTE
01-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Brady has always embraced the underdog role, especially in bath-houses all over the northeast. #EABODWTE

Did you know you get a big red mark on your forehead when you're kneeling on all fours getting reamed up the butt? #ChazoeWithSimilarRedMark

MasterShake
01-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Did you know you get a big red mark on your forehead when you're kneeling on all fours getting reamed up the butt? #ChazoeWithSimilarRedMark

How would we know that? None of us have seen your instructional videos.

Nomad
01-13-2014, 04:51 PM

Sorry, chazoe, but that's funny!

VonDoom
01-13-2014, 04:54 PM

This is how I felt last year at this time. But if all goes well, we'll have three more weeks of football to obsess over this time. :beer:

Last night I heard that this will be the first playoff game for the Patriots on the road since 2006

Hard to believe, but true. That was the AFCCG against Manning's Colts. I hope for a similar result.

Joel
01-13-2014, 04:57 PM
Yeah, the team that "won" more SBs than anyone the last ten years (and only team but Dallas to "win" 3 in 4 years) is an underdog in their third straight AFCCG. Just like no one outside NE felt sorry for Gronk because no one ever feels sorry for the Pats. Poor Little Rich Girl Syndrome. Or rather, typical Pats "it's so unfair everyone thinks we're douches just because we are!" crap.

Just like the refs were persecuting them for not calling PI on a ball intercepted 6 yds in front of Gronk when he was running away from it. Never mind that in the same game a backup pats OT took Carolinas best pass rusher out for most of the second half with an illegal leg whip that drew NO flag. New England's never an underdog anywhere but in their PR; that's why Belicheat went for it on 4th and 13 in the SB when he was nursing a 4 pt lead. Karma's a bitch, at least to those who are equally so.

I just hope we don't get a NE/Seattle "May the Best Cheat 'Win'" SB. I can just see NE reacting to that: "They only won because they cheated by doping, and we can prove it because we took vide—oh... well played, Seattle...." Isn't it ironic that, of the four remaining teams, the one least full of itself is the one that broke over half a dozen scoring records this year? ;)

GEM
01-13-2014, 05:41 PM
I just read your post Joel and don't have a freaking clue what you're talking about. :confused:

CrazyHorse
01-13-2014, 05:46 PM
If the Patriots do manage to win I bet it's not because of Tom. It will be their ability to run on us.

DenBronx
01-13-2014, 05:50 PM
To be honest, I don't see how NE is the underdog here at all. We have done nothing to prove that we can beat them over the last several years.

Manning just needs to get this monkey off his back and beat Brady.

DenBronx
01-13-2014, 05:52 PM
If the Patriots do manage to win I bet it's not because of Tom. It will be their ability to run on us.

Which is why I hope Wolfe can play. We must shut Blount down. If we get up a couple of scores NE will start throwing it more.....not sure we want that either but at least if we shut the run down they won't chew up clock.

CrazyHorse
01-13-2014, 06:07 PM
Which is why I hope Wolfe can play. We must shut Blount down. If we get up a couple of scores NE will start throwing it more.....not sure we want that either but at least if we shut the run down they won't chew up clock.

I believe they'll have Moore back at least if he can play. He's an upgrade over Huff and Bruton. I hope Harris is able to play too.

dogfish
01-13-2014, 06:09 PM
I believe they'll have Moore back at least.

why? he hasn't even practiced. . . pretty sure he's not playing this weekend. . .

CrazyHorse
01-13-2014, 06:11 PM
why? he hasn't even practiced. . . pretty sure he's not playing this weekend. . .

Sorry, I meant he's eligible to return.

Runamok
01-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Plus he has a pretty good sense of humor.

q2CA0_UE4yU

Funny stuff

Runamok
01-13-2014, 06:21 PM

I think that's a birthmark.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2014, 06:29 PM
FOXBORO -- The Patriots are not Vegas playoff darlings for the first time in eight years. Not since New England faced the Peyton Manning-led Colts in the 2006 has New England been an underdog in a postseason game.

Quarterback Tom Brady said Monday morning he's not worried about it. His teammates fell in line just a few hours later.

"If Tom's going to embrace it, I'm going to embrace it," LeGarrette Blount smiled. "That's the leader of this team, so if that's how he feels, I'm sure that's how most of the guys out here feel."

Agreed Danny Amendola: "I mean, I like to think that way. In our room -- I can speak for our room -- we like to play with a chip on our shoulder. We're just looking to have a good week of preparation and go about it that way."

rest - http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/amendola-we-play-chip-our-shoulder?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

dogfish
01-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Amendola: 'We like to play with a chip on our shoulder'

Brady: "Actually, I like to play with a plug up my ass."

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2014, 06:43 PM
I believe they'll have Moore back at least if he can play. He's an upgrade over Huff and Bruton. I hope Harris is able to play too.

Harris tore his ACL

chazoe60
01-13-2014, 06:49 PM
rest - http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/amendola-we-play-chip-our-shoulder?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo
Brady likes to play with two hands on his shoulders, fingers toward his chest.

nevcraw
01-13-2014, 07:06 PM
Have a ton of respect for Brady. Hell of player and fun to watch - but am so freaking sick of the pats, their whole schtick is soo boring!! like the Cowboys in the 90's.. but lucky for us it just so happens that the team they are playing this week is the complete opposite. best team to root for, never boring, never cliche, the real underdogs.. think I'll pull for them.

Also - Can't imagine God or Karma or whatever anyone believes in would allow a team that once had a multiple murderer on the roster would be allowed to represent this planet in the Super Bowl.

OrangeHoof
01-13-2014, 07:06 PM
Last time the Broncos and Patriots met in the playoffs, Brady was all about a hurry-up offense where he gassed defenses that tried to keep up with their four-receiver circus. Now they're doing just the opposite by running the ball and trying to take the air out of the clock. I think both teams want to win the time of possession but I hope the Broncos run a few hurry-ups just to take advantage of the altitude. If we get them gasping for oxygen, the battle is halfway won.

MOtorboat
01-13-2014, 07:12 PM
I just read your post Joel and don't have a freaking clue what you're talking about. :confused:

Give him a break, at least he hates the Patriots more than he hates Peyton Manning.

Joel
01-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Okay, I'll try again: New England's been to 8 of the last 13 AFCCGs (this is their 3rd straight) and 5 of the last 13 SBs, winning 3 in just 4 years (something only the early '90s Dallas dynasty's done.) The best anyone else did in that span was a pair of Steelers SB wins: How is NE an "underdog" anywhere but in Bradys PR? They were already widely called the Team of the Decade even before the perfect regular season and 2 more SB trips. They're only underdogs in the NE fantasy world where everyone hates them out of jealousy rather than for dishonest arrogance.

Brady and his fans have a rather laughably unjustified martyr complex; evidently they and people who blow up schools and hospitals define "martyrdom" much the same way. After Gronkowski tore his ACL ESPN ran a story about Bradys postgame presser where he said something like "We all feel bad for Rob, but no one else does; no one ever feels sorry for the Patriots." After the Carolina game fans of the team that made the Tuck Rule and Brady Rule household words complained about refs who didn't flag them leg-whipping Charles Johnson out of that very same game.

Yet people who feel like underdogs don't go for it on 4th and 13 in a Super Bowl they lead by 3 pts in the second half. That's the kind of arrogance that makes people hate the Pats, especially since finding out cheating helped them reach that SB and all 3 that they "won." So I'm just hoping we don't end up with the Cheatriots vs. the Legion of Dope in a Cheater Bowl. "Underdogs" though? Brady's the only QB other than Elway to start 5 SBs, and if he wins next week he'll get the record outright; some "underdog."

Joel
01-13-2014, 07:26 PM
Have a ton of respect for Brady. Hell of player and fun to watch - but am so freaking sick of the pats, their whole schtick is soo boring!! like the Cowboys in the 90's.. but lucky for us it just so happens that the team they are playing this week is the complete opposite. best team to root for, never boring, never cliche, the real underdogs.. think I'll pull for them.

Also - Can't imagine God or Karma or whatever anyone believes in would allow a team that once had a multiple murderer on the roster would be allowed to represent this planet in the Super Bowl.
I don't know about the other two, but the League Office seemed "dead" set on giving another multiple murderer a second SB Ring as a going away present last year, so it's not unthinkable.

olathebroncofan
01-13-2014, 07:28 PM

Join the club

aberdien
01-13-2014, 07:28 PM
Can you imagine if the Patriots and the 49ers made it to the Superbowl? Cue Brady/Montana hype. That's reason enough to kick Patriots ass.

DenBronx
01-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Can you imagine if the Patriots and the 49ers made it to the Superbowl? Cue Brady/Montana hype. That's reason enough to kick Patriots ass.

Would like to see us get revenge on both the pats next week and 49ers in the SB. Those guys dont need anymore rimgs, we do.

aberdien
01-13-2014, 07:53 PM
Would like to see us get revenge on both the pats next week and 49ers in the SB. Those guys dont need anymore rimgs, we do.

I think the 49ers are the most dangerous of the 3 teams left. I'd be more afraid of them than the Seahawks if we were to beat the Patriots.

Northman
01-13-2014, 07:55 PM

Come on man, its not like they endorsed him or even knew what he was doing on his own time. In fact, once word got out he was wanted and arrested they cut him very quickly without even waiting for a trial.

CrazyHorse
01-13-2014, 07:59 PM

I really hope the Seahawks win. I can't stand either of the 3 other teams but hate them the least.

aberdien
01-13-2014, 08:07 PM
I really hope the Seahawks win. I can't stand either of the 3 other teams but hate them the least.

No doubt. If it came down to it, i'd rather us face the Seahawks and lose than lose to the Patriots or the 49ers.

But I would feel confident if we beat the Pats and had to face the Seahawks. Plus #1 defense VS #1 offense would make for one hell of a game.

Army Bronco
01-13-2014, 09:56 PM
I cannot deal with another Pats win. Just can't. I will go punch Brady in the face myself if I could.

Dzone
01-13-2014, 10:05 PM
LOl....The seahwaks offense is sliding downward...Our D can stop seattle and we can kick the crap out of seattles defense..theyve never seen anything like the broncos offense. I mean, who the hell are they going to cover? Then we have Montee ball churning up yardage and running thru gapping holes in the a gap. Elway will be hoisting his 3rd Lombardi and handing it to Peyton

NightTrainLayne
01-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Uhhh...

"The Patriots can't possibly be underdogs. And we're going to whip the Seahawks/49ers in the Super Bowl."

7DnBrnc53
01-14-2014, 04:25 AM
I cannot deal with another Pats win. Just can't. I will go punch Brady in the face myself if I could.

I understand your anger. Brady is a fraud. Take Ernie Adams and the radio frequency into his helmet away, and he would be nothing.

However, right now I don't feel anger. I feel supreme confidence. Manning is about ready to enter the zone. We may see five TD passes this week in a runaway win, and then another win in the Super Bowl. The Seahawks and 49ers are punks that don't scare Manning.

I don't care who, or what wrestler or celebrity gives them a pep talk. They are going to be pwned.

MOtorboat
01-14-2014, 08:37 AM
I understand your anger. Brady is a fraud. Take Ernie Adams and the radio frequency into his helmet away, and he would be nothing.

One of the great quarterbacks to play the game is a "fraud."

OK.

PatriotsGuy
01-14-2014, 09:52 AM
Well Giselle just screwed us by getting photographed four wheeling (with no helmet) with a baby on her teat. Tom is going to be distracted.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/13/gisele-bundchen-atv-4-wheeling-helmet-daughter-vivian-lake-brady/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

WTE
01-14-2014, 10:01 AM
Well Giselle just screwed us by getting photographed four wheeling (with no helmet) with a baby on her teat. Tom is going to be distracted.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/13/gisele-bundchen-atv-4-wheeling-helmet-daughter-vivian-lake-brady/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Papparazi who took that photo should be shot by Tom & Giselle's body guards!

Broncolingus
01-14-2014, 10:08 AM
I've rarely considered Brody an underdog...especially in the playoffs.

Dude is $$$...again, especially in the playoffs.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-14-2014, 10:25 AM
The Papparazi who took that photo should be shot by Tom & Giselle's body guards!

Hernandez isn't around to take care of that stuff any more. However, Talib might be the man for the job!

Slick
01-14-2014, 11:28 AM

I hope someone sent that to you in an email because I don't want to believe that the man, the myth, the legend, Pags, browses the TMZ website. It would crush me.

BroncoNut
01-14-2014, 11:32 AM
it may not appear to be the case, but I think there's a lot of sexual energy between Joel and Gem

BroncoNut
01-14-2014, 11:33 AM

them and the steelers.

PatriotsGuy
01-14-2014, 11:35 AM
I hope someone sent that to you in an email because I don't want to believe that the man, the myth, the legend, Pags, browses the TMZ website. It would crush me.

It was all over the news here this morning.

BroncoNut
01-14-2014, 11:35 AM
I think the 49ers are the most dangerous of the 3 teams left. I'd be more afraid of them than the Seahawks if we were to beat the Patriots.

I've wondered about that Abe. might kinda agree. but first we need to deal with the WTE and the Patriots

weazel
01-14-2014, 11:39 AM
how does Brady figure they're the underdog? NE beat DEN earlier in the season and has owned Denver for a while. Denver is the underdog

PatriotsGuy
01-14-2014, 11:41 AM
how does Brady figure they're the underdog? NE beat DEN earlier in the season and has owned Denver for a while. Denver is the underdog

Because Vegas says so

weazel
01-14-2014, 11:43 AM
Because Vegas says so

meh... I couldn't care less what Vegas say's. Pags, do you see NE as the underdog?

Ravage!!!
01-14-2014, 11:46 AM
I think the ONLY way that NE is considered the underdog is because the Broncos were slated higher going into the playoff rankings. Other than that, Denver is the underdog going into the game,imo. If vegas is giving NE points, it has to be less than 3 (which means they believe NE wins the game). We'll see how things change during the week when it comes to odds, but I wouldn't bet money against the Patriots against this defense.

BroncoNut
01-14-2014, 11:49 AM

because that's their tactic. play the poor little me card in hopes of bringing it effectively gameday. Shit, Pags does it all the time in his own roundabout way.

PatriotsGuy
01-14-2014, 11:51 AM
meh... I couldn't care less what Vegas say's. Pags, do you see NE as the underdog?

Yep!

BroncoNut
01-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Yep!

I can see NE and their fans under dog, if you catch my drift

PatriotsGuy
I think the ONLY way that NE is considered the underdog is because the Broncos were slated higher going into the playoff rankings. Other than that, Denver is the underdog going into the game,imo. If vegas is giving NE points, it has to be less than 3 (which means they believe NE wins the game). We'll see how things change during the week when it comes to odds, but I wouldn't bet money against the Patriots against this defense.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

BroncoNut
Pags, am I on your ingnore list again?

slim
01-14-2014, 11:54 AM
LOL...they are a 5 point dog :noidea:

PatriotsGuy
01-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Pags, am I on your ingnore list again?

Nope!

BroncoNut
01-14-2014, 11:55 AM
Nope!

how am I doing?

PatriotsGuy
01-14-2014, 11:55 AM
how am I doing?

You're doing great! Keep up the good work!!

Slick
01-14-2014, 11:56 AM
It was all over the news here this morning.

Whew! You're up on a pedestal in my eyes Pags. That is good news.

weazel
01-14-2014, 11:56 AM
I can see NE and their fans under dog, if you catch my drift

you're the expert

BroncoNut
01-14-2014, 11:57 AM
:lol: pags, you are a funny man

BroncoNut
01-14-2014, 11:57 AM
you're the expert

dont' throw a fellow fan underdog!!!

BroncoNut
01-14-2014, 12:00 PM
if we lose this game, I'm going to need a lot of sex to comfort me

Ravage!!!
01-14-2014, 12:07 PM
if we lose this game, I'm going to need a lot of sex to comfort me

MO will be there for you. He's that kind of guy.

BroncoNut
01-14-2014, 12:08 PM
MO will be there for you. He's that kind of guy.

ah, doubt it.. I dont' think he like me much, in that way especially

Runamok
01-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Okay, I'll try again: New England's been to 8 of the last 13 AFCCGs (this is their 3rd straight) and 5 of the last 13 SBs, winning 3 in just 4 years (something only the early '90s Dallas dynasty's done.) The best anyone else did in that span was a pair of Steelers SB wins: How is NE an "underdog" anywhere but in Bradys PR? They were already widely called the Team of the Decade even before the perfect regular season and 2 more SB trips. They're only underdogs in the NE fantasy world where everyone hates them out of jealousy rather than for dishonest arrogance.

Brady and his fans have a rather laughably unjustified martyr complex; evidently they and people who blow up schools and hospitals define "martyrdom" much the same way. After Gronkowski tore his ACL ESPN ran a story about Bradys postgame presser where he said something like "We all feel bad for Rob, but no one else does; no one ever feels sorry for the Patriots." After the Carolina game fans of the team that made the Tuck Rule and Brady Rule household words complained about refs who didn't flag them leg-whipping Charles Johnson out of that very same game.

Yet people who feel like underdogs don't go for it on 4th and 13 in a Super Bowl they lead by 3 pts in the second half. That's the kind of arrogance that makes people hate the Pats, especially since finding out cheating helped them reach that SB and all 3 that they "won." So I'm just hoping we don't end up with the Cheatriots vs. the Legion of Dope in a Cheater Bowl. "Underdogs" though? Brady's the only QB other than Elway to start 5 SBs, and if he wins next week he'll get the record outright; some "underdog."

What are you talking about. Those Super bowl teams aren't the same team playing this week personnel-wise. This ain't the same team they fielded last year or the year before. Just like everyone else. Sure they can be the underdog this year. Not that they should be other than because they are playing away.

man that's a load of hate.

Runamok
01-14-2014, 12:15 PM
No doubt. If it came down to it, i'd rather us face the Seahawks and lose than lose to the Patriots or the 49ers.

But I would feel confident if we beat the Pats and had to face the Seahawks. Plus #1 defense VS #1 offense would make for one hell of a game.

Who do you think would have the advantage in that game outdoors in februry?

Ravage!!!
01-14-2014, 12:17 PM
Oh here we go, another douche Patriots fan.

BroncoNut
01-14-2014, 12:18 PM

Runamok is a patriots fan?

Runamok
01-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Hernandez isn't around to take care of that stuff any more. However, Talib might be the man for the job!

Talib may be too busy gettin ready for the super bowl. so maybe Travathan could handle the job.

Ravage!!!
01-14-2014, 12:22 PM
Runamok is a patriots fan?

Not hard to tell.

Runamok
01-14-2014, 12:32 PM

Why.

Because I don't think NE should be the underdog? Or think that OP was off the wall with the rant?

aberdien
01-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Who do you think would have the advantage in that game outdoors in februry?

Broncos. duh

BroncoNut
01-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Not hard to tell.

so are you saying that I am stupid for questioning that at this point in time?