PDA

View Full Version : AFC Championship will be NE's first road playoff game since '06

igoe4broncos
01-12-2014, 11:14 PM
The Pats lost that AFC Championship to the Colts in Indy, which went on to win the Super Bowl. Hard to believe they have had homefield advantage for that many years.

DenBronx
01-12-2014, 11:16 PM
Billy and Tommy boy are going to get a rude awakening.

jhildebrand
01-12-2014, 11:18 PM

Hopefully they don't fall asleep. Send hookers to their hotel rooms. Blare the horns all night long. Do what ever it takes to keep em up!

Army Bronco
01-12-2014, 11:20 PM

Hopefully they don't fall asleep. Send hookers to their hotel rooms. Blare the horns all night long. Do what ever it takes to keep em up!Tommy is a hooker.

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 11:22 PM
That's an absolutely insane stat.

Slick
01-12-2014, 11:27 PM
Someone needs to go pull the fire alarm at the Patriot team hotel in the middle of the night on gameday.

mouthofsouth
01-13-2014, 12:11 AM
New England has greatly benefited over the years from playing in a division that practically guarantees them their division every year because the other three teams are so mediocre. That has guaranteed them a first round game at home, and when they got the first or second seed, a first round bye. They have not always won those playoff games though in recent years. They are one of the luckiest teams in the league. Why do they seem to always get to play Indy and the Broncos during the regular season in Foxboro? BUT, I have to give them this. They have the best coach ever. It is Saban in college ball and Belichick in pro ball. He is a genius. I have seen him make a few mistakes, but not many. He also has one of the best quarterbacks ever so that certainly helps. But I do not think all they have is enough to beat the Broncos in this year's AFC championship. This is the Broncos, and Peyton's, year.

OrangeHoof
01-13-2014, 12:34 AM
The Pats lost that AFC Championship to the Colts in Indy, which went on to win the Super Bowl. Hard to believe they have had homefield advantage for that many years.

And when did CBS build/take ownership of that sports bar at Gillette Stadium? To me, that has always been a blatant conflict of interest. The more playoff games played at Gillette Stadium, the more revenue CBS gains from the extra home dates. Really seems to me like the NFL and CBS have been in cahoots about guaranteeing the Patriots get HFA for the playoffs every year. Somehow, the Patriots not only always make the playoffs but somehow magically get a home playoff game every year.

Then I look back to the pass interference call that screwed the Browns this year...

7DnBrnc53
01-13-2014, 12:36 AM
New England has greatly benefited over the years from playing in a division that practically guarantees them their division every year because the other three teams are so mediocre. That has guaranteed them a first round game at home, and when they got the first or second seed, a first round bye. They have not always won those playoff games though in recent years. They are one of the luckiest teams in the league. Why do they seem to always get to play Indy and the Broncos during the regular season in Foxboro? BUT, I have to give them this. They have the best coach ever. It is Saban in college ball and Belichick in pro ball. He is a genius. I have seen him make a few mistakes, but not many. He also has one of the best quarterbacks ever so that certainly helps. But I do not think all they have is enough to beat the Broncos in this year's AFC championship. This is the Broncos, and Peyton's, year.

Agreed. The Pats also are going to their third AFC Title because they played Tebow two years ago, they played Schaub last year, and an average Colt team this year (Luck threw three picks).

Ziggy
01-13-2014, 01:44 AM
This will be meeting number four between Manning and Brady in the playoffs. The home QB won the previous 3.

Timmy!
01-13-2014, 04:01 AM
We ride.

Joel
01-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Their last road playoff game before that was the previous year: In Denver. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G9139DXvNY

Homefield matters in the playoffs unless the visitor's MUCH better and/or the home team outright chokes. False starts and Delay of Game penalties matter, as does the ability to hear Mannings endless stream of audibles. Brady's 0-1 in the playoffs @Denver and @Manning. Finish the job, Broncos.