PDA

View Full Version : At least there is one thing we don't have to hear anymore.

DenBronx
01-12-2014, 09:29 PM
But but but Timmy Tebow won a playoff game in Denver and Manning caaaaaaaaaaan't.

Shut up!!! You shut it now!!!!!! I don't ever want to hear that trash again!

Joker56
01-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Lol

TXBRONC
01-12-2014, 09:44 PM
But but but Timmy Tebow won a playoff game in Denver and Manning caaaaaaaaaaan't.

Absolutely! :cheers:

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 09:45 PM

Thank God. Of all the stupid narratives about Manning, that by far was the most retarded. But still, if we lose those mouthbreathers will still bring up how Manning doesn't have MORE playoff wins than Tebow as a Bronco.

DenBronx
01-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Thank God. Of all the stupid narratives about Manning, that by far was the most retarded. But still, if we lose those mouthbreathers will still bring up how Manning doesn't have MORE playoff wins than Tebow as a Bronco.

Yeah I fully expect that from the trolls.

VonDoom
01-12-2014, 10:25 PM
Amen to that, buddy.

chazoe60
01-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Didn't Te bow throw for 300 yards in his playoff win? Manning hasn't done that in Denver. ;)

Dapper Dan
01-12-2014, 10:30 PM
Didn't Te bow throw for 300 yards in his playoff win? Manning hasn't done that in Denver. ;)

I know. Manning only won because of the run game.

DenBronx
01-12-2014, 10:32 PM
TD record, yardage record, team points record, 1st seed and now AFCCG.

Eat it.

Dapper Dan
01-12-2014, 10:35 PM
I'm trying to figure out the point of this thread.

Maybe dumb thread is dumb.

7DnBrnc53
01-13-2014, 12:38 AM
Now Skip Bayless can shut up when Manning and Tebow is mentioned.

OrangeHoof
01-13-2014, 01:11 AM
Anyone who can't see Manning is 5X the better QB isn't trying to look. But anyone who refuses to acknowledge the magical season Tebow had doesn't love the Broncos. It was a great ride for one season and he never got a chance to have an encore because Elway went out and signed a QB 5X better and when that opportunity knocks, you have to take it.

Love Tebow. Love Peyton. I have no problem with any of it.
Peace. :grouphug:

DenBronx
01-13-2014, 07:05 AM
That wasnt the point. Teboners actually think Tebow was better for the Broncos than Manning. They all enjoyed last years playoff loss so they could say I told you so. Had Manning lost they would have came back out of the woodwork...trust me.

tomjonesrocks
01-13-2014, 07:07 AM
Where's Tebow's brother today?

Not the happiest man in CO this time I guess...

sneakers
01-13-2014, 07:29 AM

Yeah but tebow had better passing stats

atwater27
01-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Why can't Broncos fans enjoy the fact that Tebow won a playoff game for us? so much hate.

Zweems56
01-13-2014, 09:05 AM
Why can't Broncos fans enjoy the fact that Tebow won a playoff game for us? so much hate.

Mostly because the tebowites were and still are ******* retarded. It's hard to enjoy anything when you've got a bug in your ear.

TXBRONC
01-13-2014, 09:21 AM

BFD he didn't get to 300 yards without a 5th quarter and an 80 yard run by D. Thomas. He also only completed 47% of passes. Yeah he really had better a game. :rolleyes:

atwater27
01-13-2014, 09:34 AM
It was not Tebow's fault he was drafted way to high by an idiot coach wannabe GM. it is not Tebow's fault that he has passionate fanatic people who idolize him. It is not Tebow's fault that ESPN and the sports media jumped on the wagon. All the guy did while he was here was try as hard as he possibly could to play and win for us. Give the guy a break.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Manning was great yesterday.

chazoe60
01-13-2014, 10:32 AM
BFD he didn't get to 300 yards without a 5th quarter and an 80 yard run by D. Thomas. He also only completed 47% of passes. Yeah he really had better a game. :rolleyes:
Your sarcasm detector is broken.

MasterShake
01-13-2014, 10:34 AM
I still think if you secure a 1 or 2 seed with the bye week, you should get an automatic check in your playoff game win column as a QB and as a team. Hard to win a playoff game in the Wildcard Round when you are so awesome you just get to sit there and watch it waiting to see who gets the honor to play you.

Joel
01-13-2014, 10:44 AM
It was not Tebow's fault he was drafted way to high by an idiot coach wannabe GM. it is not Tebow's fault that he has passionate fanatic people who idolize him. It is not Tebow's fault that ESPN and the sports media jumped on the wagon. All the guy did while he was here was try as hard as he possibly could to play and win for us. Give the guy a break.
To be fair, much of his rabid media hype and drooling fanbase IS his fault, because he shamelessly used his entire amateur and pro career to promote his religious and political views. That did more than anything to make him a polarizing figure: The two things you're NEVER supposed to discuss, all rolled into the latest amazingly talented but amazingly unskilled college phenom.

Anyway, yeah, Denver's finally gotten farther with Manning than with any QB since Plummer. And if he passes his contract-mandated offseason physical, he'll probably be back for more—otherwise he'll retire and we'll get back $20 million of cap room each of the next two years. There was a lot more to the debate than the obvious fact Manning was (and still is) a much better QB than He Who Must Not Be Named. Hopefully our sudden immediate switch from Rebuild to Win Now mode gets us over the hump before Manning retires.

BroncoNut
01-13-2014, 10:51 AM

cause it's not good enough!!!!!

powderaddict
01-13-2014, 10:52 AM
I haven't come across an actual "Teboner" who has said this in a long time.

Joel
01-13-2014, 10:53 AM
I still think if you secure a 1 or 2 seed with the bye week, you should get an automatic check in your playoff game win column as a QB and as a team. Hard to win a playoff game in the Wildcard Round when you are so awesome you just get to sit there and watch it waiting to see who gets the honor to play you.
I think any team can beat any other any given Sunday, and can't count all the times #1 AND #2 seeds blew their first playoff game because they phoned it in against far lesser talent. The second has been especially common in the last decade; last years #1 AFC seed, for example. ;) We can't know who "would've" won a game that was never played.

This, incidentally, is why a hate byes as much as Rozelle and the owners did when they created Wildcards to PREVENT byes back in 1970. No one should get a free pass in the playoffs, and if we MUST do that we should do it like we did after the second Wildcard and before realignment: Not as a reward for each conferences top two teams, but a PENALTY for whichever division winner finished LAST in each one; the worst division winner plays the best non-winner as God intended, and the winner moves onto the REAL playoffs.

Yes, that means one LESS rather than one more Wildcard team, but that's just an added bonus, not a goal. ;)

Joel
01-13-2014, 11:10 AM
cause it's not good enough!!!!!
Which was also the real problem last year: We got the top seed yet went one-and-done at home vs. a far weaker team we destroyed on the road just a month earlier. When a team's made the SB 6X and won 2, the bar's set just a BIT higher than that; combined with more than a half dozen previous one-and-dones from Manning, that would've raised questions even if Pamela Tebow had followed the instructions her doctor gave to save her life and never birthed a Miracle Baby to star in Super Bowl ads before he was even DRAFTED.