PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Forums Hall of Fame Class of 2014

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 09:06 PM
The time has now come to unveil the Broncos Forums Hall of Fame Class of 2014. First of all, I just want to give a huge thank you to all who voted. Without your votes, this would not be possible. It literally came right down to the very end. A vote hit my inbox 1 minute before deadline that knocked someone out of the HoF. Kinda made me a little sick to see that, but that person should get in for sure next year. Also, our first rival fan made it in this year! This year BY FAR had the closest voting ever and I have to say it produced a very solid class. And now, for the results (in alphabetical order):

Buff
King87
MasterShake
SeeingRed
Slick

A HUGE congrats to all the inductees and a huge thanks to all of the voters.

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Mods, can you remove the sticky from last year's thread and sticky this one now?

chazoe60
01-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Congrats guys. Much deserved.

Poet
01-12-2014, 09:15 PM
To the fellow members of the board,

Over the past several years, which coincidentally marks the beginning of my posting on this board, my life has been in a constant flux. I went from being a smart-mouthed eighteen year old to a twenty-six year old who is finally getting his life on track. In between these times I have been a college student, a cook, a manager in retail, and a college student again. I can honestly say that the person I am now is not the same person that I was when I started posting here.

But, one thing that I have in common with the ‘earlier’ version of me is that I post here. I come here when I’m happy, sad, angry, apathetic, depressed, elated, bored, busy, or anything in between. The message board serves as an escape from my everyday life. Many of you have posted with me for over five years. Many people are cynical over relationships that take root or stem from online interaction. I can honestly say that I myself am not a cynic in this regard, and my lack of cynicism is because of this place.

So, in summation of thought, thank you for voting for me. Thank you for being my friend, and thank you for the hilariousness, ridiculousness, debate, and the friendship. I appreciate you all.

Sincerely Yours,

King87

chazoe60
01-12-2014, 09:22 PM

Over the past several years, which coincidentally marks the beginning of my posting on this board, my life has been in a constant flux. I went from being a smart-mouthed eighteen year old to a twenty-six year old who is finally getting his life on track. In between these times I have been a college student, a cook, a manager in retail, and a college student again. I can honestly say that the person I am now is not the same person that I was when I started posting here.

But, one thing that I have in common with the ‘earlier’ version of me is that I post here. I come here when I’m happy, sad, angry, apathetic, depressed, elated, bored, busy, or anything in between. The message board serves as an escape from my everyday life. Many of you have posted with me for over five years. Many people are cynical over relationships that take root or stem from online interaction. I can honestly say that I myself am not a cynic in this regard, and my lack of cynicism is because of this place.

So, in summation of thought, thank you for voting for me. Thank you for being my friend, and thank you for the hilariousness, ridiculousness, debate, and the friendship. I appreciate you all.

Sincerely Yours,

King87
As much as I love to talk shit to and about you, you're still one of my favorite peeps.

Northman
01-12-2014, 09:27 PM

Sincerely Yours,

King87

Cant believe you got in before me......... ******* Bengals......

chazoe60
01-12-2014, 09:28 PM
I wonder if you were the person who got knocked out at the last minute?

Northman
01-12-2014, 09:29 PM
I wonder if you were the person who got knocked out at the last minute?

Doubt it. lol

Poet
01-12-2014, 09:32 PM

Shutup and take your playoff win!

DenBronx
01-12-2014, 09:33 PM

Sincerely Yours,

King87

I voted for you....but only because I know, deep deep down you really are a Broncos fan. :)

Congrats on not being Terrel Davis.

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Here are some stats on the voting.

This was BY FAR the closest vote ever this year. Here were the total points (remember the system is 5 pts for a 1st place vote, then 4, and so on) for the top 6 finishers: 36, 32, 32, 31, 30, 28. Two single votes could have propelled the first guy out into first place. Pretty incredible. Each of the first two years, the top few vote-getters were total runaways then it was close for the last few spots.

I said this in the OP, but a vote came in at the last minute that knocked someone out. There was going to be a 3-way tie for 4-6th place, so they would have all gotten in. The last ballot voted for 2 of those 3 posters, leaving the last one out. I have to imagine that poster gets in next year, however.

16 posters received at least 10 points and 37 posters received at least one vote.

I really wish I could produce the stats that show how these HOFers did last year but sadly I lost my spreadsheet from then.

chazoe60
01-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Here are some stats on the voting.

This was BY FAR the closest vote ever this year. Here were the total points (remember the system is 5 pts for a 1st place vote, then 4, and so on) for the top 6 finishers: 36, 32, 32, 31, 30, 28. Two single votes could have propelled the first guy out into first place. Pretty incredible. Each of the first two years, the top few vote-getters were total runaways then it was close for the last few spots.

I said this in the OP, but a vote came in at the last minute that knocked someone out. There was going to be a 3-way tie for 4-6th place, so they would have all gotten in. The last ballot voted for 2 of those 3 posters, leaving the last one out. I have to imagine that poster gets in next year, however.

16 posters received at least 10 points and 37 posters received at least one vote.

I really wish I could produce the stats that show how these HOFers did last year but sadly I lost my spreadsheet from then.
Who was the odd man out, I gotta know.

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 09:47 PM
I'm gonna make you all wonder. Consider it extra motivation to step up your posting in the next year, as it could be any of you! :lol:

Nomad
01-12-2014, 09:48 PM
I voted for 3 of the 5.

SR
01-12-2014, 10:09 PM
BroncosForums,

Thanks for the votes! I've been at this message board since the beginning...for six and a half years this place has been my escape from life. I post here when I'm on the can, when I have a minute at work, when I'm at home, when I've been deployed or on the road and in all kinds of moods. Some of you here know me on a personal level and I've been fortunate enough to have met a few of you in person for a beer and/or a meal or more (AZ Snake, Davii, BroncoJoe, Shake, dogfish, Pola and her husband Gary). Y'all are good people here and it's a pleasure to have such a gracious person in T that keeps this message board alive for all of us to enjoy.

This is not something I ever planned on being a part of because I didn't figure on enough people here ever voting for me because I'm kind of an ******* to people. I'm working on that though. Lately I've been fed a big dose of Karma for being a shady, cynical ******** and an all around a-hole to a lot of people for a long time. But that's neither here nor there. All of the rest of the people that got voted in definitely deserve it. Slick, King, Shake, and Buff all definitely deserve it, even if Buff drinks girl drinks. I'm honored to be a part of the BF HoF...thanks again for all of you who voted for me.

Nomad
01-12-2014, 10:14 PM
BroncosForums,

Thanks for the votes! I've been at this message board since the beginning...for six and a half years this place has been my escape from life. I post here when I'm on the can, when I have a minute at work, when I'm at home, when I've been deployed or on the road and in all kinds of moods. Some of you here know me on a personal level and I've been fortunate enough to have met a few of you in person for a beer and/or a meal or more (AZ Snake, Davii, BroncoJoe, Shake, dogfish, Pola and her husband Gary). Y'all are good people here and it's a pleasure to have such a gracious person in T that keeps this message board alive for all of us to enjoy.

This is not something I ever planned on being a part of because I didn't figure on enough people here ever voting for me because I'm kind of an ******* to people. I'm working on that though. Lately I've been fed a big dose of Karma for being a shady, cynical ******** and an all around a-hole to a lot of people for a long time. But that's neither here nor there. All of the rest of the people that got voted in definitely deserve it. Slick, King, Shake, and Buff all definitely deserve it, even if Buff drinks girl drinks. I'm honored to be a part of the BF HoF...thanks again for all of you who voted for me.

Now you can put this on your EPR!:lol:

MOtorboat
01-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Who the hell are those clowns?

chazoe60
01-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Who the hell are those clowns?

5 people who are better than you.

MOtorboat
01-12-2014, 10:19 PM
5 people who are better than you.

1 year less better.

Wut!?! Wut!

I win.

chazoe60
01-12-2014, 10:21 PM
1 year less better.

Wut!?! Wut!

I win.
Sympathy vote

MOtorboat
01-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Seriously,

Y'all are great and all deserve it. You're good people, good fans and friends.

Except Buff.

And King and Mastershake.

But other than them, you guys are great. Congrats.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Congratulations to the Class of 2014

Buff
01-12-2014, 10:35 PM
I appreciate the honor and want to thank the voters for not putting chazoe in my class as that would have really invalidated everything we've built here. Amirite? Shout out to the other OGs.

Super Bowl in 2014! Knibb High Football Rules!

chazoe60
01-12-2014, 10:44 PM
I appreciate the honor and want to thank the voters for not putting chazoe in my class as that would have really invalidated everything we've built here. Amirite? Shout out to the other OGs.

Is my ego not bruised enough?

GEM
01-12-2014, 10:49 PM
congrats to our inductees! Really good bunch of guys right here.

4 out of 5, not bad :)

SR
01-12-2014, 10:50 PM
Is my ego not bruised enough?

I voted for you...

chazoe60
01-12-2014, 10:51 PM
I voted for you...
Ahead of Buff (even if you didn't you should say that you did)?

Slick
01-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Thank you everyone for the votes, and thanks to Wave for taking the time to do this.

This is by far the place where I spend most of my online time. I've shared a lot about myself here and you all have accepted me with open arms. We have had disagreements over the years but we really are like an online family. Disfunctional as it may be at times. Hehehe.

Thanks to Carol and Topscribe for inviting me over here that summer of 2007. I was friends with most of you over at Mania going back to 2003, but this place is like no other. Thanks to Tnedator for giving us a place to come together and share our thoughts. Hopefully we're all here for many years to come, and hopefully this is our year as fans of the greatest football team on earth.

Congrats to Buff, Shake, Red, and King. A solid group of guys to share the stage with.

DenBronx
01-12-2014, 11:44 PM
BroncosForums,

Being an ***hole doesnt lose you votes. Only being a dick does! That might explain me then. Lol

underrated29
01-13-2014, 01:24 AM
Who was the odd man out, I gotta know.

It was an odd woman out.....

dogfish
01-13-2014, 01:26 AM
congrats guys, welcome to the hallowed halls. . . :beer:

nice day to get inducted. . .

you should high-step your way up to the podium, just to annoy the midget. . .

dogfish
01-13-2014, 01:27 AM
It was an odd woman out.....

don't you call her odd, jerk! :tsk:

CoachChaz
01-13-2014, 06:43 AM
So how long does someone have to be eligible and not get in before we drop them from the ballot? Lol

Traveler
01-13-2014, 11:35 AM
I voted for 3 of the 5.

Me too. A little shocked Northman isn't in yet.

Nomad
01-13-2014, 02:16 PM
Me too. A little shocked Northman isn't in yet.

He will next year;).

I voted:
Az Snake
Buff
Mastershake
SeeingRed
Skinny, who is my SEC buddy(this was a tough choice between him and Slick, so I flipped a coin. Slick is an awesome guy as well)

MasterShake
01-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Fellow Forum members, voters, and the academy...

In all seriousness I would just like to thank everyone for voting me into the Broncos Forums Hall of Fame. I have not been able to post as much as I want to lately, but I do want everyone to know that this is my favorite second home. Meeting so many of you at tailgates or just for beers over the years has been fun, and I still think its hilarious that people call me Shake even in person. Whenever you get to hang out in real life or even over a string of back and forth posts with people this cool its always a pleasure. You guys keep me company on my breaks at work, during downtime at home, and of course during the tedious off seasons. And now a personal thank you to my fellow inductees:

Buff - Fellow Nine Inch Nails fan and hetero liberal life-partner. I know my taste in movies drives you crazy, but I want you to know that I will always be better than you in that respect and I will continue to make fun of your girl drinks. You seem like a good dude and I still don't know why you won't return my calls or feel my stare from the bushes into your window at night.

King87 - You are an enigma to me. I often forget you are not a Broncos fan. I also seem to recall that you are some sort of minority? If so let me know so that I can mention that in passing. People like when you point out that you aren't racists because you are friends with " ". You share my passion for passive aggressive trolling and have good taste in movies and funny internet memes and references. You are my little slice of Reddit here along with Sneakers.

SeeingRed - I have never met a more physically or mentally intimidating man. Or am I confusing you with Davii? Either way it was fun to meet you and have a beer finally this past year!

Slick - As many others on here, you are my primary mancrush. I am still saving my pesos to come visit you one day. I am also going to grow a mustache out before doing so so I can make it pointy and talk like Jacques Cousteau as you show me hidden mermaid caves as we snorkel. I will make sure that I represent 'Merica well by gaining 60lbs before my visit and talking really loud everywhere I go.

God bless America, and Go Broncos

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/MasterShake_zpsb9a7e9bc.jpg

spikerman
01-22-2014, 06:04 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah... congrats and all that. I can already tell that I'm going to be the "Randy Gradishar" of the BF HoF.

chazoe60
01-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah... congrats and all that. I can already tell that I'm going to be the "Randy Gradishar" of the BF HoF.
Except Randy Gradishar has deserves to be a HOFer. ;)

EDIT: my stupid phone auto corrected Gradishar. I must now set it on fire, piss on it, and throw it in a lake.

dogfish
01-22-2014, 06:26 PM

i would have said more like the ray crockett. . .

:heh:

spikerman
01-22-2014, 07:10 PM
i would have said more like the ray crockett. . .

:heh:
You hurt me.

spikerman
01-22-2014, 07:11 PM
Except Randy Gradishar has deserves to be a HOFer. ;)

EDIT: my stupid phone auto corrected Gradishar. I must now set it on fire, piss on it, and throw it in a lake.

Note to self.. Don't ever vote for Chaz again.

SR
01-23-2014, 08:55 AM
SeeingRed - I have never met a more physically or mentally intimidating man. Or am I confusing you with Davii? Either way it was fun to meet you and have a beer finally this past year!

Davii's intimidation factor is all just an internet stigma. He loses the stigma when you're sitting with him at a burger joint in Harrah's on the Vegas Strip and he has a light-up Denver Broncos hat on. He really loses it when he sings in the car. That said, I have no doubt in my mind that he could completely beat the shit out of me.

SR
01-23-2014, 08:55 AM

You're a referee man. You'll always be the bad guy. ;)

Army Bronco
01-23-2014, 09:43 AM

Davii's intimidation factor is all just an internet stigma. He loses the stigma when you're sitting with him at a burger joint in Harrah's on the Vegas Strip and he has a light-up Denver Broncos hat on. He really loses it when he sings in the car. That said, I have no doubt in my mind that he could completely beat the shit out of me.Dude, you ate all his fries! Who intimidated who?

SR
01-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Dude, you ate all his fries! Who intimidated who?

Those were so effing good too. And to clarify, they weren't JUST fries...they were WAFFLE FRY NACHOS. In other words, mine...nachos.

In your face Davii. I'm fat.

Northman
01-23-2014, 04:26 PM
I had voted for all these dillholes.

Mastershake
Coachchaz
Ziggy
Seeingred
Turftoad

Poet
01-23-2014, 04:31 PM

Mastershake
Coachchaz
Ziggy
Seeingred
Turftoad

That would have been one hell of a class.

Buff
01-23-2014, 10:08 PM

Mastershake
Coachchaz
Ziggy
Seeingred
Turftoad

Ziggy is underrated.

On another note - I can't believe how many boob pics GEM has posted in the private HOF forum. This is awesome!

BroncoWave
01-23-2014, 10:09 PM
Ziggy is underrated.

On another note - I can't believe how many boob pics GEM has posted in the private HOF forum. This is awesome!

How do you think GEM got in the hall of fame in the first place? ;)

underrated29
01-23-2014, 11:32 PM
Ziggy is underrated.

Excuse me, I'm underrated.

Zigmont is an underrated poster. Specially come draft time.

BroncoNut
01-28-2014, 09:23 AM
really happy for Buff, Shake, King and Slick (sorry SR, not a big fan) I have really enjoyed these posters over the last several seasons (last couple for King; we kinda hated each other there for awhile). Can't wait to meet Slick. I had a viewing of MS at the bears game. He looks like his picture, it was weird

MasterShake
01-28-2014, 10:55 AM
really happy for Buff, Shake, King and Slick (sorry SR, not a big fan) I have really enjoyed these posters over the last several seasons (last couple for King; we kinda hated each other there for awhile). Can't wait to meet Slick. I had a viewing of MS at the bears game. He looks like his picture, it was weird

Yes! I remember you commented on my small yellow hands when we shook hands.

slim
01-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Buff got in?

This is a joke, right?

BroncoNut
01-28-2014, 10:58 AM
Yes! I remember you commented on my small yellow hands when we shook hands.

no we did not meet. and I was sober at the time, so I remember. it must have been someone else. but you looked regal in the stands, I do remember that.

Northman
01-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Lmao, love how Nut threw SR under the bus. hahahaa

GEM
01-30-2014, 01:02 PM
How do you think GEM got in the hall of fame in the first place? ;)

I take my vote for you off the table.

SR
01-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Lmao, love how Nut threw SR under the bus. hahahaa

That's ok...we can't all be winners.

BroncoNut
01-30-2014, 02:56 PM
That's ok...we can't all be winners.

oh shit, sorry, I was hoping you wouldn't have seen that

SR
01-30-2014, 05:01 PM
oh shit, sorry, I was hoping you wouldn't have seen that

Likely story.

Poet
01-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Likely story.

I voted for you ever year. You're a first balloter to me, dammit!

Buff
01-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Buff got in?

This is a joke, right?

I thought it was a joke until they gave me access to the HOF Forum. That place is glorious.

chazoe60
01-30-2014, 05:41 PM
Buff got in on his back and knees.

Buff
01-30-2014, 06:03 PM
Buff got in on his back and knees.

That's gotten me everything I have in life.

Poet
01-30-2014, 06:19 PM
I thought it was a joke until they gave me access to the HOF Forum. That place is glorious.

Isn't it, though? There's barely a reason for me to post on the regular forums.

slim
01-30-2014, 06:36 PM
That's gotten me everything I have in life.

AIDS isn't everything, Buffalo.

Poet
01-30-2014, 06:37 PM
AIDS isn't everything, Buffalo.

There's Magic in Buff's Johnson, ya dig?