PDA

View Full Version : I really wish we would quit ******* around with this team

Northman
01-12-2014, 06:26 PM
******* ridiculous......

MOtorboat
01-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Not sure how, but this ****** up the mojo. Good job North.

Unjinx the jinx.

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 06:56 PM
We're fine. As I've been saying, we ain't losing this game.

MOtorboat
01-12-2014, 06:58 PM
We're fine. As I've been saying, we ain't losing this game.

Stop posting.

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 06:59 PM
It's cute that SD thinks they have a chance now.

silkamilkamonico
01-12-2014, 07:55 PM
I would be curious to think what some of you guys think of Seattle.

Northman
01-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Who cares about Seattle?

silkamilkamonico
01-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Certainly not the same people that think there's something wrong with a team that is 13-3, best offense in NFL history, and 1 home game away from the SuperBowl.

Northman
01-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Certainly not the same people that think there's something wrong with a team that is 13-3, best offense in NFL history, and 1 home game away from the SuperBowl.

Yea, i really dont now what your carrying on about. I never talked about Seattle. Been smoking crack tonight? lmao

silkamilkamonico
01-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Yea, i really dont now what your carrying on about. I never talked about Seattle. Been smoking crack tonight? lmao

Ok, let's not talk about Seattle.

Let's talk about your comments in the other thread about how this team lacks no killer instinct, and how there is something wrong with the team that is 13-3, the best offense in NFL history, and 1 home game away from the SuperBowl.

If I'm smoking the crack, you're pumpin the heroin.

Northman
01-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Ok, let's not talk about Seattle.

Let's talk about your comments in the other thread about how this team lacks no killer instinct, and how there is something wrong with the team that is 13-3, the best offense in NFL history, and 1 home game away from the SuperBowl.

If I'm smoking the crack, you're pumpin the heroin.

They dont have a killer instinct, otherwise the game would of finished either 24-7 or 31-7. And i never said i didnt like the fact they are 13-3, never said ANYTHING about their scoring record and have yet to comment on the 1 game before the SB. Are you just trying to argue for the sake of arguing? Really? lmao

silkamilkamonico
01-12-2014, 08:09 PM
They dont have a killer instinct, otherwise the game would of finished either 24-7 or 31-7. And i never said i didnt like the fact they are 13-3, never said ANYTHING about their scoring record and have yet to comment on the 1 game before the SB. Are you just trying to argue for the sake of arguing? Really? lmao

OK then. Can you please explain what you meant by this?

I wont be happy, but somehow i will feel right about my feeling on the team.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/574180-Broncos-Gameday-Thread-*AFC-Divisional-Playoff-Edition*-Broncos-vs-Chargers-01-12-14?p=2113840#post2113840

We're you secretly hoping Denver would lose so you could be "right". Inquiring minds just want to be sure.

OrangeHoof
01-12-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm not disappointed. We pitched a shutout for three quarters when it really mattered then we gave up three scores in garbage time thanks to the botched onside kick and Rivers picking on Quentin Jammer. Overall, I'm happy with the way the defense performed. We were about 3-4 missed opportunities from making this a blowout - those I blame mostly on the offense.

Northman
01-12-2014, 08:12 PM
OK then. Can you please explain what you meant by this?

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/574180-Broncos-Gameday-Thread-*AFC-Divisional-Playoff-Edition*-Broncos-vs-Chargers-01-12-14?p=2113840#post2113840

We're you secretly hoping Denver would lose so you could be "right". Inquiring minds just want to be sure.

Of course not, but i knew that if Denver left the door open (which they did) it would allow SD to get back in the game. I have my concerns about them finishing games, so what?

silkamilkamonico
01-12-2014, 08:12 PM
I'm not disappointed. We pitched a shutout for three quarters when it really mattered then we gave up three scores in garbage time thanks to the botched onside kick and Rivers picking on Quentin Jammer. Overall, I'm happy with the way the defense performed. We were about 3-4 missed opportunities from making this a blowout - those I blame mostly on the offense.

We played a great game.

WE were up 17-0 t half. We didn't score in the third quarter, but SD had 1 possession basically the entire 3rd quarter except the last minute. SD made a run late in the game because that's what good teams do, and Denver finished when they had too because that's what good teams do.

SD has not lost a game by more than 10 points all year. They're a good team and the defense played great for most of the game.

Joel
01-12-2014, 08:18 PM
It's what we do, man; aren't you used to it yet?

I would be curious to think what some of you guys think of Seattle.
That's a valid question, but not for the reason implied: Seattles offense looked VERY flat till the very end yesterday, and the Saints D played well enough to win that game until they just flat ran out of gas and Seattle planted the Beast Mode dagger to finish it. Some of that was undoubtedly the miserable conditions, but the Saints run game and D played championship football only to have their first ballot HoF QB and former champion blow every opportunity to get back into that game.

I think Seattle looked very vulnerable at home yesterday, just as they did against Arizona and against a weak Bucs team they needed OT to beat. The real moral here, as it was in our playoff loss last year, is that single elimination tournaments leave NO margin of error; any mistake—even one—and you may not get a second chance against playoff teams when there's no tomorrow. That cuts both ways though, and if we must be aware of it against everyone we play, so must they. May the best team win, and that's about more than just skill and talent.

silkamilkamonico
01-12-2014, 08:22 PM
It's what we do, man; aren't you used to it yet?

That's a valid question, but not for the reason implied: Seattles offense looked VERY flat till the very end yesterday, and the Saints D played well enough to win that game until they just flat ran out of gas and Seattle planted the Beast Mode dagger to finish it. Some of that was undoubtedly the miserable conditions, but the Saints run game and D played championship football only to have their first ballot HoF QB and former champion blow every opportunity to get back into that game.

I think Seattle looked very vulnerable at home yesterday, just as they did against Arizona and against a weak Bucs team they needed OT to beat. The real moral here, as it was in our playoff loss last year, is that single elimination tournaments leave NO margin of error; any mistake—even one—and you may not get a second chance against playoff teams when there's no tomorrow. That cuts both ways though, and if we must be aware of it against everyone we play, so must they. May the best team win, and that's about more than just skill and talent.

Talk about a lack of killer instinct, Seattle almost lost at home yesterday to a team they dropped like 40+ earlier in the year. I honestly thought Seattle was going to run away with the rest of the playoffs, but in a very Northman concerning effort, they almost pissed that entire game away and I couldn't help but think how soft they ended that game.

I still think they will beat SF and if they play like they can they will dominate them. I also would not be worried about playing Seattle away from their home stadium for the SuperBowl, they are just simply an amazing team at home and that's it.

BigDaddyBronco
01-12-2014, 08:22 PM
We played a great game.

WE were up 17-0 t half. We didn't score in the third quarter, but SD had 1 possession basically the entire 3rd quarter except the last minute. SD made a run late in the game because that's what good teams do, and Denver finished when they had too because that's what good teams do.

SD has not lost a game by more than 10 points all year. They're a good team and the defense played great for most of the game.

We were up 14-0 at half. Should have been 21-0 if Decker could catch. He had a decent game. Too many dropped balls today.

And here is the biggest question. Why the hell was Q. Jammer even out there tonight? He is terrible. And then we see him trying to cover K. Allen. I about had a shit fit. What the **** was that Del Rio?

silkamilkamonico
01-12-2014, 08:24 PM
We were up 14-0 at half. Should have been 21-0 if Decker could catch. He had a decent game. Too many dropped balls today.

And here is the biggest question. Why the hell was Q. Jammer even out there tonight? He is terrible. And then we see him trying to cover K. Allen. I about had a shit fit. What the **** was that Del Rio?

Jammer had to be out there, especially with Harris going out.

You take Jammer out of the game, you're going to have a LB covering a WR, and that's bad news. Then again, I'm not sure it could have been much worse.

Zweems56
01-12-2014, 08:26 PM

You take Jammer out of the game, you're going to have a LB covering a WR, and that's bad news. Then again, I'm not sure it could have been much worse.
Could have had Kayvon.

BigDaddyBronco
01-12-2014, 08:28 PM

I was wondering what happened to Harris. I didn't see him go down.

BigDaddyBronco
01-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Is Kayvon hurt?

Poet
01-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Last year at the start of the game I said to myself "I really hope that Denver doesn't try to put Bailey on Smith, surely they won't do that." That ended poorly. Today I said "Surely Denver will put Rodgers-Cromartie on Allen," they didn't do that. It ended poorly, but not as poorly. The concept of putting your corner on the other teams' best WR seems to elude Del Rio. That's an issue, and some of the coaching issues I see in Denver is where I get worried.

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Is Kayvon hurt?

Yes, he has a broken hand. He was active today, though.

Day1BroncoFan
01-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Decker's turf tackle

Northman
01-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Decker's turf tackle

Yea, that was part of the not putting a team away. So was the non-catch in the endzone and Welker's wide open drop. I dont know if its just the youth or the drive or what but we really blew some opportunities in the first half to put them in a deep hole. Cant do that against NE>

NightTerror218
01-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Decker's turf tackle

Version 2.0

TXBRONC
01-12-2014, 08:33 PM
******* ridiculous......

I don't know if the screwing around with them North I think Denver was trying to beat them at their game.

The thing that bothered me was Jammer being the game. Did Harris get injured?

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 08:35 PM
:lol: AWESOME!

From Lindsay Jones:

Peyton on his future: "only thing that's weighing on my mind is how soon I can get a Bud Light."

BigDaddyBronco
01-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Not getting that TD at the end of the first half was painful. Get that and a TD or FG on the 1st drive in the 2nd half and they are down by 4 scores.

Northman
01-12-2014, 08:40 PM
I don't know if the screwing around with them North I think Denver was trying to beat them at their game.

Nah, i get the whole running the ball more. I really liked that and we had success so i hope we do the same next week. But the untimely turnovers and points left on the field would of buried us against a better opponent. At times this team looks unbeatable and unstoppable but other times we seem to play down to our opponents.

BigDaddyBronco
01-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Nah, i get the whole running the ball more. I really liked that and we had success so i hope we do the same next week. But the untimely turnovers and points left on the field would of buried us against a better opponent. At times this team looks unbeatable and unstoppable but other times we seem to play down to our opponents.
I actually feel better against the Patriots next week than this game. Especially after how well our defense stopped the run. Hopefully Harris is ok and Webster can play instead of Jammer. Maybe they can pick up another CB up off the street. ****.

Poet
01-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Although, to be fair, Fox atoned for some of his conservative playcalling by throwing it at the end of the game. Putting them away like that, that was a killer instinct.

Northman
01-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Although, to be fair, Fox atoned for some of his conservative playcalling by throwing it at the end of the game. Putting them away like that, that was a killer instinct.

I think it was more desperation because the defense wouldnt of been able to recover. But, thats why you bring a guy like Manning in. He's expected to make those plays.

Poet
01-12-2014, 08:49 PM
I think it was more desperation because the defense wouldnt of been able to recover. But, thats why you bring a guy like Manning in. He's expected to make those plays.

The Chargers, on the other hand, played a soft zone defense and got punished for it.

aberdien
01-12-2014, 08:52 PM
I was getting pissed off at the typical late surge the Chargers were getting, but overall we dominated this game and it was closer on the scoreboard than it was on the field. Defense played well, but secondary is still the biggest concern. You'd think they'll be able to keep the weak NE receivers in check though. O-line and the running game was great, Manning was great, JT and DT were great. Decker and Welker better remember how to catch the ball.

I'm confident still for next week that we can beat the Patriots as long as we don't make boneheaded mistakes. Talent is there and we're a better team overall.

BigDaddyBronco
01-12-2014, 09:51 PM
One thing I am totally happy with is our offensive and defensive lines. Way to step it up big guys. If they can continue to play like this, I like our chances with anybody.

Joel
01-12-2014, 10:33 PM
Could have had Kayvon.
In THIS case (e.g. against a speedy fellow rookie) that might not be a bad idea, yet GENERALLY Jammer is FAR better than Webster OR Carter as long as we don't make him run downfield on #1/2 sprinters like a guy who's not 34 years old. Same reason we're not asking Champ to do that when we've got DRC and Harris. It breaks down like this:

Jammer's a veteran starter who won't get fooled, but doesn't have the speed anymore to go step-for-step with top WRs the length of the field.
Webster's fast and talented, but has all the inexperience one expects in a rookie and gets taken to school by veteran WRs and QBs.
Carter's got the speed and some of the experience, but grabs a lot and/or arrives early and gets called for it.

Each of them is at least a decent dimeback; each is also a liability at any of the starting 3 CB spots. It's not as simple as "x sucks, my personal pet should be playing!" Unless it's Harris, of course; that dude's been money in the bank from day one and the interest just keeps accruing. ;)

Simple Jaded
01-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Chargers didn't do shit until Jr left the game? Again the Broncos win in spite of losing a huge piece to the puzzle and again it's brushed under the rug.

This was a hell of an effort, whatever they lacked in killer instinct they made up for in resiliency.

gregbroncs
01-12-2014, 10:45 PM
What happened with Harris? I did not see him go down and they never mentioned it in the broadcast.

Simple Jaded
01-12-2014, 10:49 PM
What happened with Harris? I did not see him go down and they never mentioned it in the broadcast.

Yeah it's been reported that he has knee AND ankle injuries, left some time in the 3rd, so ya! The tv never mentioned a ******* word about it, of course it's not the Patriots so it's not a significant development.

Ziggy
01-13-2014, 04:01 AM
One thing I am totally happy with is our offensive and defensive lines. Way to step it up big guys. If they can continue to play like this, I like our chances with anybody.

Yep. Even when the Chargers were making their come back attempt, the pressure on Rivers was pretty constant. On the other side of the coin, Manning was protected well all day long, and the running lanes were there on the right side the whole game.

Timmy!
01-13-2014, 04:13 AM
Settle down. We ride.

TXBRONC
01-13-2014, 07:30 AM
Not getting that TD at the end of the first half was painful. Get that and a TD or FG on the 1st drive in the 2nd half and they are down by 4 scores.

It would made things a little more comfortable.

Slick
01-13-2014, 10:25 AM
I was as frustrated as you were yesterday, North. I told my Mom I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chargers tie it up and force overtime.

This team is really good. Even with all of the injuries they've had. They've been a fun team to watch all year but there has been a few games where you watch them make stupid mistakes when it's not anything the other team did, it's Denver beating themselves.

I thought the int Manning threw was a complete force. Decker was not open at all. Throw it away and take the FG there.

Of the 3 games Denver has lost this year, only the second Charger game is the one where I think a team just flat out beat us.

Turnovers lost both the Colts and Patriots games. We turned it over 3 times in the second half and were still toe to toe with a Patriots team that had Gronk. It took a shitty bounce of the ball on a punt return to set them up with the game winning chip shot.

Denver can beat anyone in the league, but it is definitely frustrating to watch them let a team hang around when you know they should squash them. I totally get your emotion here when you started this thread.

BroncoNut
01-13-2014, 10:28 AM
shut up Silk

now back to topic. what is this thread about exactly?

BroncoNut
01-13-2014, 10:31 AM
ok, I think I understand. you mean not putting the chargers away as we should?

Northman
01-13-2014, 10:35 AM
ok, I think I understand. you mean not putting the chargers away as we should?

Yes. Im like Coach Coon...er i mean Boone from Remember the Titans. I demand perfection, im a winner.

BroncoNut
01-13-2014, 10:37 AM
Yes. Im like Coach Coon...er i mean Boone from Remember the Titans. I demand perfection, im a winner.

I wasnt' too pleased with the win. need to practice onside kick recoveries before game time. Call me a hardass, but Woodyard better start returning to his earlier season passion. I'm sick of his lacsadasical performance right now.

Northman
01-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Oh, im pleased with ANY win. Could of been worse but man do we ever let teams hang around. lol

BroncoNut
01-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Oh, im pleased with ANY win. Could of been worse but man do we ever let teams hang around. lol

good for you North. I'm not, but then again, I possess a champion mentality.

BroncoNut
01-13-2014, 10:48 AM

lol, coach coon. I just got that (slow). was that the character played by Denzel?

Northman
01-13-2014, 11:07 AM
lol, coach coon. I just got that (slow). was that the character played by Denzel?

Yes

GEM
01-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Yeah it's been reported that he has knee AND ankle injuries, left some time in the 3rd, so ya! The tv never mentioned a ******* word about it, of course it's not the Patriots so it's not a significant development.

They were probably too busy keeping the camera on all the Chargers players hitting each other into concussions.

Traveler
01-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Happy we won too, but Denver left way to many points on the field. 12 by Decker, 6 by Holliday, and 3 by Prater. Can't do that against NE.

Simple Jaded
01-13-2014, 11:29 AM
They were probably too busy keeping the camera on all the Chargers players hitting each other into concussions.

Yeah that one dude took out two players, I think he hit that other dude twice.

Northman
01-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Still cant believe my boy Deck got tackled by the turf monster again. That was so funny i almost spit up my prime rib from Outback, almost.

BroncoNut
01-13-2014, 11:56 AM
Still cant believe my boy Deck got tackled by the turf monster again. That was so funny i almost spit up my prime rib from Outback, almost.

I didn't know that happened. missed the first half. shit aint funny anymore.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-13-2014, 12:12 PM
I didn't know that happened. missed the first half. shit aint funny anymore.

Yep, happened around the Chargers 35-40 yard line. He probably would have scored if he wouldn't have tripped.