PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Gameday Thread *AFC Divisional Playoff Edition*: Broncos vs Chargers 01-12-14

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

sneakers
01-11-2014, 11:51 PM
C'mon broncos you can do it!

You played all year for this.

Go Broncos!

http://i.imgur.com/7heeXiD.jpg

Az Snake
01-12-2014, 12:11 AM

GO BRONCOS !!!

STOMP THE doltz !!!

GO "D" --- SACK phyllis !!!

BRONCOS, PROTECT YOUR QB !!!

Denver 44
doltz 13

Go 12th Man !
Rock the House !!!

GO BRONCOS "D" !!!
MAKEphyllis POUT WHINE
AND CRY !!!

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1565619/whatriverswhat.gif

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/13/files/2012/10/riversHelmet.gif

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/13/files/2012/10/RiversMG.gif

From “The Lost World: Jurassic Park”(1997):
Peter Ludlow: [discussing the building of a Jurassic Park in San Diego]

“….The city of San Diego is already famous for its animal attractions... The San Diego zoo... Sea World... The San Diego Chargers.”

Shazam!
01-12-2014, 12:12 AM
Broncos go out there and beat the Chargers' brains in.

pulse
01-12-2014, 12:20 AM
Play great in all phases, Denver. Stop the run, don't commit turnovers, and score TDs, not FGs.

chazoe60
01-12-2014, 12:22 AM
Go Broncos!

Canmore
01-12-2014, 12:23 AM
This is what you play for.

Go Broncos!!!

Magnificent Seven
01-12-2014, 01:04 AM
Just stop Rivers, Woodhead, and K. Allen.

Nomad
01-12-2014, 01:06 AM
Just win the game, BRONCOS!:defense:

Con_Valian
01-12-2014, 01:58 AM
Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sneakers
01-12-2014, 02:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/iAgNgXi.jpg

GEM
01-12-2014, 05:09 AM
Denver Broncos, the time has come.....Mount the **** up and ride!!!

Jaws
01-12-2014, 05:10 AM
Anticipation, anticipation! How I've looked forward to this one. Crush the Chargers!

GEM
01-12-2014, 05:31 AM
Up at 3 in the damn morning. Anticipation for this damn game has me not able to sleep.

Ziggy
01-12-2014, 05:33 AM
I've looked forward to this game since the Ravens playoff game ended last year. I don't care for Alfred Williams as a sports talk show host, but he had one thing right last year. The Broncos had 20 preseason games in 2013. Let the real season begin!

Dzone
01-12-2014, 07:42 AM
Defense Defense Defense!:defense::defense::defense:

Dzone
01-12-2014, 08:17 AM
So far its been a running back weekend-Marshawn Lynch and Leggerette Blount the stars. We need Knowshon to go crazy and Montee to break one for 80 yards. Would love to see Montee Ball make us glad we took him before Eddie lacy. Montee can break it. I know he can. He's going to do it today!

NorthernLights
01-12-2014, 08:34 AM
Good luck today Bronco fans. Hoping for a great game and good old fashion
AFC West shootout. No injuries please.

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 09:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qPfYbnh.jpg

Dzone
01-12-2014, 09:05 AM
Finally! 104.3 is finally talking Broncos instead of sunday morning Nascar, Fishing and Vitamins!!! Ugh!!!! hahaha Game day !!!!!! Getting started now.

OrangeHoof
01-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Looks like it will be dry and above freezing but the wind is going to pick up around gametime with 20 MPH gusts. It may turn into one of those games where the team that does the most when they have the wind will win. That will make ball control even more important.

I'd rather it be warmer and less windy but I can't imagine this helps the Chargers either. Should be a good game.

NightTrainLayne
01-12-2014, 10:09 AM
Should be a great game. These teams know each other very well.

San Diego will be able to move the ball on us, and as much as we'd like to, we will not "stop" the run. We will have to hope to get a few key stops, and play well enough in the Redzone to force some FG's instead of TD's for the Chargers.

On the flip side, we have to score TD's.

As I put up my Broncos flag on the house this morning, I thought Bout what Shannon Sharpe had to say on Sirius XM NFL radio this past Friday morning. He said, "Tom Brady has had 5 games this season in which he passed for less than 200 yards. He's 4-1 in those games. Peyton Manning this season has 3 games in which he's passed for less than 300 yards. He's 1-2 in those games."

I.E., it's all on Manning. That stat really highlights how poor, ineffective, and just downright lousy our defense is. So be it. I always knew Elway could pull us through, and so can Peyton.

Go Broncos!!!!

MasterShake
01-12-2014, 10:35 AM
Beautiful day in Denver so far today. I'll take that bright orange sunrise as an omen... Go Broncos!

Joel
01-12-2014, 10:44 AM
Finally! 104.3 is finally talking Broncos instead of sunday morning Nascar, Fishing and Vitamins!!! Ugh!!!! hahaha Game day !!!!!! Getting started now.
It's only natural they're talking about "vitamins;" the Seahawks DID play yesterday. ;)

It's a measure of where we are that so many fans here (though probably not JUST here) are echoing the "we CANNOT afford to lose this game!" mentality that reports on the team suggests is so prevalent there. At 37, today could be Mannings swan song if it's a second straight one-and-done (one more and he gets a set of steak knives!) especially once again at home.

Regardless of whether the knock on Cold Weather Manning is valid, NO ONE truly ENJOYS gettins slammed around in freezing temps for 3.5 hours. We can say "real" football's played outside in the snow and wind (and thus, by impliciation, domed teams aren't "real" football teams,) but if a pair of freezing home playoff losses leaves Manning winless two years straight—despite the #1 seed BOTH times—what's his incentive to return for more of the same? Denver may be the only NFL team that FEARS HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE!

The real tragedy in that would be that (as has usually been the case in the playoffs,) Manning won't outright LOSE the game unless he completely implodes, which hasn't been as common as his worst detractors claim. Once again, the home team defense over which he has NO control will be decisive, along with the left side of our line and even Ramirez protecting him far better than in either of our previous games vs. SD. Moreno needs to run well in addition to catching and blocking, and neither he nor Ball can put the ball on the ground.

I'm confident that if we stop the run, protect Manning and keep an underrated Bolts pass rush honest with at least respectably consistent running, Manning will do his job. IF....

I hope and pray today's not the beginning of the end of the Manning Era, but it's all too plausible, as testified by the sheer volume of Denver fans (and players?) visibly worried about our chances against a 9-7 team that only made the playoffs in the first place thanks to a string of extraordinary luck and a bad call at the end of regulation vs. KC.

chazoe60
01-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Last year's playoff game is ******* with people's minds.

Slick
01-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Denver definitely has way more pressure on them to win the game. Like Joel said, San Diego wasn't even supposed to make the playoffs. We absolutely have to take care of the football. If Peyton throws a pick early, I hope he keeps his head up and doesn't go sulk on the sidelines because the team feeds off that.

I think the offense will be prepared to face Pagano's defense even though they've done a good job in the two previous games of slowing Denver down.

Hopefully Del Rio has been doing his homework. My biggest worry is San Diego's ability to have long, time consuming drives. If they're able to run a 7 or 8 minute drive, I hope Del Rio starts blitzing a little more. Especially up the middle. Rivers is great at stepping up in the pocket and avoiding the outside rush. He gets rattled when pressure comes up the middle.

DRC on Allen, Harris on the other side and Champ on Gates sounds good on paper. We can't sleep on Woodhead, Rivers new Sproiles. I'd like to see tight coverage from our secondary and see them jam the hell out of their WR's and TE's

This has been a long two weeks. Hopefully the guys come out strong and not rusty. I doubt they'll be flat.

Happy gameday guys and gals. Go Broncos!!

BroncoJoe
01-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Happy gameday, Broncos fans. Looking to kill some time? Check this out:

8WLYiVYF2r0

Nomad
01-12-2014, 11:26 AM
Should be a great game. These teams know each other very well.

San Diego will be able to move the ball on us, and as much as we'd like to, we will not "stop" the run. We will have to hope to get a few key stops, and play well enough in the Redzone to force some FG's instead of TD's for the Chargers.

On the flip side, we have to score TD's.

As I put up my Broncos flag on the house this morning, I thought Bout what Shannon Sharpe had to say on Sirius XM NFL radio this past Friday morning. He said, "Tom Brady has had 5 games this season in which he passed for less than 200 yards. He's 4-1 in those games. Peyton Manning this season has 3 games in which he's passed for less than 300 yards. He's 1-2 in those games."

I.E., it's all on Manning. That stat really highlights how poor, ineffective, and just downright lousy our defense is. So be it. I always knew Elway could pull us through, and so can Peyton.

Go Broncos!!!!

I know this is a 'Capt Obvious' statement, but the BRONCOS defense have to get off their blocks, WRAP UP and tackle at the point of contact. I could care less about the big hits, just keep the Chargers from making positive yards and make them punt. Then again, Chargers may surprise us an throw this game.

Joel
01-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Understandably; I just hope the team and coaches have found that delictate balance between ignoring the lesson against phoning in games and expecting a loss to a much lesser team. "90% of the game is half mental" and all that.

Denver definitely has way more pressure on them to win the game. Like Joel said, San Diego wasn't even supposed to make the playoffs. We absolutely have to take care of the football. If Peyton throws a pick early, I hope he keeps his head up and doesn't go sulk on the sidelines because the team feeds off that.

I think the offense will be prepared to face Pagano's defense even though they've done a good job in the two previous games of slowing Denver down.

Hopefully Del Rio has been doing his homework. My biggest worry is San Diego's ability to have long, time consuming drives. If they're able to run a 7 or 8 minute drive, I hope Del Rio starts blitzing a little more. Especially up the middle. Rivers is great at stepping up in the pocket and avoiding the outside rush. He gets rattled when pressure comes up the middle.

DRC on Allen, Harris on the other side and Champ on Gates sounds good on paper. We can't sleep on Woodhead, Rivers new Sproiles. I'd like to see tight coverage from our secondary and see them jam the hell out of their WR's and TE's

This has been a long two weeks. Hopefully the guys come out strong and not rusty. I doubt they'll be flat.

Happy gameday guys and gals. Go Broncos!!
If we call blitzes to stop those long drives, they better be RUN blitzes, because that's what killed us. It's not like Rivers lit up our whole secondary—just Webster, who'll hopefully be benched or rotating with Jammer at dimeback because DRC, Harris and Champ are turning in Pro Bowl performances as our three starting CBs. I'm less worried about those three studs blowing coverages than our anemic pass rush (especially without Wolfe and Miller) forcing them to maintain coverage indefinitely, which even the best secondary can't do in the NFL.

We need to find a way to get at least SOME pressure and rush some throws, but MUST stop the run first or it won't matter: The Bolts will play classic old school ball control with nonspectacular-but-steady running and solid D to win a relatively low scoring game, where infrequent passes are only thrown when successful running establishes the pass with stacked boxes. We've seen a lot of that so far in the playoffs; SF@GB, NO@Philly, NO@Seattle and (until NE blew it open late) Indy@NE. Gunslingers aren't faring too well this year; dual threats are doing better.

Nomad
01-12-2014, 11:33 AM
Hopefully the check downs to Woodhead are defended as well.

Dzone
01-12-2014, 11:39 AM
No overconfidence, I can guarantee ya. Best thing the chargers did for us was beating us in december. This is going to be a chippy game
6 hours until gametime..dammit

Nomad
01-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Manning is 0-2 against Rivers in the playoffs....did not know that. Lot of pressure on Manning, hopefully he has his head clear. I knew he had trouble with the Chargers though.

There is also an article about Manning 'Legacy under a Cloud' because of his postseason woes.

:beer: to Manning's first win against Rivers in the postseason.

Slick
01-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Manning is 0-2 against Rivers in the playoffs....did not know that. Lot of pressure on Manning, hopefully he has his head clear.

There is also an article about Manning 'Legacy under a Cloud' because of his postseason woes.

Nice of the hometown paper to mess with Peyton's mind on the morning of the game.

Slick
01-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Understandably; I just hope the team and coaches have found that delictate balance between ignoring the lesson against phoning in games and expecting a loss to a much lesser team. "90% of the game is half mental" and all that.

If we call blitzes to stop those long drives, they better be RUN blitzes, because that's what killed us. It's not like Rivers lit up our whole secondary—just Webster, who'll hopefully be benched or rotating with Jammer at dimeback because DRC, Harris and Champ are turning in Pro Bowl performances as our three starting CBs. I'm less worried about those three studs blowing coverages than our anemic pass rush (especially without Wolfe and Miller) forcing them to maintain coverage indefinitely, which even the best secondary can't do in the NFL.

We need to find a way to get at least SOME pressure and rush some throws, but MUST stop the run first or it won't matter: The Bolts will play classic old school ball control with nonspectacular-but-steady running and solid D to win a relatively low scoring game, where infrequent passes are only thrown when successful running establishes the pass with stacked boxes. We've seen a lot of that so far in the playoffs; SF@GB, NO@Philly, NO@Seattle and (until NE blew it open late) Indy@NE. Gunslingers aren't faring too well this year; dual threats are doing better.

Nolan, in the short time he was in Denver, did an amazing job against San Diego. Tough against the run and pressure up the middle taking away his ability to step up and buy time.

I hope Phyliss' jersey gets filthy today. Matthews being dinged up helps. Woodhead isn't a bruiser and Brown isn't scary. I think San Diego will be forced to throw a lot more than they did in the previous two games.

Dzone
01-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Cold and wind is coming in at 3 pm. Woo Hoo!
Manning is great in the wind. He has proven it.
A year to the day from the Ravens horror...
I see 3 sacks by Phillips.
Chargers hit manning a lot in the last game and expect more of the same

Runamok
01-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Manning is 0-2 against Rivers in the playoffs....did not know that. Lot of pressure on Manning, hopefully he has his head clear. I knew he had trouble with the Chargers though.

Haven't read that one yet, but came across this one

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/gerry_callahan/2014/01/callahan_peytons_place_isn_t_first

NE's big win agin Indy prolly ramps up the pressure on Peyton. At least in his mind. Love to know what really goes through his head when he's getting set to play postseason.

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Nice of the hometown paper to mess with Peyton's mind on the morning of the game.

I highly doubt that Manning is reading the paper this morning.

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 12:23 PM

No doubt. Denver is not gonna lose this game.

Davii
01-12-2014, 12:29 PM
GO BRONCOS!!!!!!! I've waited a whole year for this game.... I am confident that the adversity the team faced all year has actually prepared them mentally... The loss to San Diego just a month ago sharpened their focus... The defense, although against bad teams, showed improvement when we needed them too...

I think we're entering the game today in a MUCH better place than a year ago...

Broncos roll. 41-27

GEM
01-12-2014, 12:32 PM
I am effing pumped up for this game. My kids think I have fallen off my rocker today. I am cruising the house jacked up. Cussing at espn, hooting and hollering at the radio. Broncos dancing around the kitchen getting dinner in the crock pot. Rise up Broncos fans, we are walking into a ******* war and walking out ******* victorious! ****** aye!!!

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 12:34 PM
I am effing pumped up for this game. My kids think I have fallen off my rocker today. I am cruising the house jacked up. Cussing at espn, hooting and hollering at the radio. Broncos dancing around the kitchen getting dinner in the crock pot. Rise up Broncos fans, we are walking into a ******* war and walking out ******* victorious! ****** aye!!!

Ray Lewis is pissing me off this morning. Fox needs to just tape his commentary and show it to the team this morning.

Tned
01-12-2014, 12:39 PM

Yea, and hopefully anyone that read Paige's article about wussy fans that can't make noise will take that as a challenge and result in a loud stadium.

GEM
**** Ray Lewis..ask him about the track suit and he will shut up real quick.

Tned
At the end of that last segment about the Broncos were they saying that Matthews might not play? I missed who they were talking about, but the context made it sound like Matthews.

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 12:40 PM
Matthews will be a gametime decision.

Nomad
01-12-2014, 12:43 PM
At the end of that last segment about the Broncos were they saying that Matthews might not play? I missed who they were talking about, but the context made it sound like Matthews.

Earlier on NFLN, they said if Matthew plays he'll be a factor, but what will kill the BRONCOS are the dumpoffs/checkdowns to Woodhead.

Army Bronco
01-12-2014, 12:47 PM
I am effing pumped up for this game. My kids think I have fallen off my rocker today. I am cruising the house jacked up. Cussing at espn, hooting and hollering at the radio. Broncos dancing around the kitchen getting dinner in the crock pot. Rise up Broncos fans, we are walking into a ******* war and walking out ******* victorious! ****** aye!!!Aaaaaaahhhhh Kill! What makes the mile high grass grow?? Chargers blood Chargers Blood!

MOtorboat
01-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Happy Gameday Broncos fans.

Tned
01-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Ray Lewis is pissing me off this morning. Fox needs to just tape his commentary and show it to the team this morning.

Yea, he just said, "I wanted to pick the Chargers, but with Matthews ankle hurt, I'm going to have to go with Brady today." dipshit. He meant Manning, and a Manning/Brady matchup next week, but he's still a putz.

Day1BroncoFan
01-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Go Broncos! Just play it like you know you can and it's a win. See ya next week little Tommie.

Timmy!
01-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Go Broncos!

tripleoption
01-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Broncos got this :cool:

pulse
01-12-2014, 01:14 PM
No overconfidence, I can guarantee ya. Best thing the chargers did for us was beating us in december.

That game may turn out to be the most important of the season.

AgentOrange
01-12-2014, 01:16 PM
Historically the Broncos have come out flat after a week off. However, this hasn't seemed to be the case since Manning's arrival and it's been true on both sides of the ball. It's going to be interesting to see what's been cooked up for the Charger's.

Here's to a major victory over Phyllis and no injuries! GO BRONCOS!

nevcraw
01-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Go broncos!! - play like --- if you don't win the season is over and considered a failure!!

BroncoJoe
01-12-2014, 01:33 PM
It was snowing at my house 30 minutes ago.

Davii
01-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Boom!!

Go Broncos!!!!

Why does it keep putting all my pictures sideways? That's annoying

Az Snake
01-12-2014, 02:43 PM
http://americaswhiteboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Phillip%2BRivers%2BFunny%2BDouche1.jpg

Az Snake
01-12-2014, 02:46 PM
boom!!

go broncos!!!!

Why does it keep putting all my pictures sideways? That's annoying

Looks like Davii is all sideways already ! :lol:

AWESOME JERSEY !!!

GO BRONCOS !!!

Slick
01-12-2014, 02:47 PM
I highly doubt that Manning is reading the paper this morning.

There's no way he doesn't know about it by now. I agree, I doubt he got up this morning and read the paper, but he knows about it.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 03:04 PM
ProLink Sports, LLC ‏@ProLinkSports 2h

Watch for a familiar face joining team captains for the coin toss at the #Broncos game today -- Jake Plummer is Honorary Captain.

DenBronx
01-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Happy gameday!

And hopefully the beer guy stays in the basement!!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 6m

Matt Prater just hit from 62 with the wind in pregame.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 45s

Yes, the wind is swirling inside the stadium. Who cares. No excuses. Just win the damn game. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0CXUv

Nomad
01-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 45s

Yes, the wind is swirling inside the stadium. Who cares. No excuses. Just win the damn game. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0CXUv

I agree, Vic.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 03:15 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1m

RT @eric_d_williams: #Chargers RB Ryan Mathews (ankle) is active today vs. #Broncos.

Dreessen is interesting... RT @MaseDenver: Inactives: Dysert, Hillman, T.Carter, Kuper, Dreessen, Wolfe, Fua.

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
01-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Nervous. Anxious. But most really nervous. Hope the boys come out ready to play.

Az Snake
01-12-2014, 03:30 PM

The longest hour.

Army Bronco
Why would Dreesen be inactive? I understand T Carter though.

wayninja
Sweep the Leg, Broncos. No Mercy.

OrangeHoof
01-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Hillman inactive? Hmmm. I guess Anderson is third string.

Anybody got Chargers inactives?

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
01-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Hillman inactive? Hmmm. I guess Anderson is third string.

Anybody got Chargers inactives?

G-T Jeromey Clary
DE Sean Lissemore
QB Brad Sorensen
WR-KR Lavelle Hawkins
SS Brandon Taylor
CB Marcus Cromartie
T Kenny Wiggins

Ziggy
01-12-2014, 03:33 PM

RT @eric_d_williams: #Chargers RB Ryan Mathews (ankle) is active today vs. #Broncos.

Dreessen is interesting... RT @MaseDenver: Inactives: Dysert, Hillman, T.Carter, Kuper, Dreessen, Wolfe, Fua.

CJ Anderson active instead of Hillman. Ball security takes priority in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Decker fielding some punts today.

OrangeHoof
01-12-2014, 03:34 PM
ProLink Sports, LLC ‏@ProLinkSports 2h

Jake Plummer is Honorary Captain.

Suit him up and have him run a bootleg just to watch the Chargers soil their pants. LOL. Just don't throw it, Snake!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 23m

Notable inactive players for Chargers are starting RG Jeromy Clary and starting DT Sean Lissemore.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 9m

Broncos fans especially charged-up for this game. Liberace-looking dude just tried to tip the elevator 50-bucks. He declined it.

pulse
01-12-2014, 03:43 PM
I want Denver to embarrass the Chargers and expose them for the mediocre team they've been for the majority of the 2013 season. Denver has had two weeks. They should completely dominate this football game. No excuses.

nevcraw
01-12-2014, 03:47 PM
I guess the SD center recovered from His concussion.

Joel
01-12-2014, 04:01 PM
I guess the SD center recovered from His concussion.
League protocol; presumably the NFL docs cleared him Wednesday, because he missed the next practice and was Limited for the following one, as required by the protocol. Still could make for some interesting snaps, but I'm more interested in how ready Fluker is and how Clarys backup does. Isn't that the side Phillips plays?

I mainly hope we stuff the run and protect Manning; if we do I'm not too worried about the outcome (unless we do something unthinkable like cough the ball up 4X ala the NE/Indy games.)

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2s

Terrance Knighton leading the pre-game huddle.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2m

Just saw Adam Gase hug every member of the offense. Also gave each of them an animated pep talk, followed by a second bro-hug.

Tned
01-12-2014, 04:07 PM
30 minutes to kickoff. I'm already cold.

BroncoJoe
01-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Don't be a baby!

Joel
Need a big day from Knighton as much as Williams; hope they're both up to it, and their backups (Unrien and...? ESPN lists Fua as our other backup, but he's inactive, right?) so we don't lose much when the starters tire. To Hell with it; this is the game EVERYONE'S looked forward to AND dreadedfor 12 months; let's get out there, flatten the SOBs and end the nightmare already. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)

Well, just don't sit there - get up, start yelling, lead cheers, jump up and down - whatever it takes

Az Snake
01-12-2014, 04:10 PM

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/182anlm9gby4pgif/k-medium.gif

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlakVemRHgZnY8ds4mphap_qIU9zRn3 CgSFQyKfZU5z-bJwvl9xA

AgentOrange
01-12-2014, 04:11 PM
Things will warm up presently!

nevcraw
01-12-2014, 04:14 PM
welker wearing new helmet.. odd looking thing..

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 04:14 PM
welker wearing new helmet.. odd looking thing..

NFL rules state you have to wear the same helmet all season, so I don't think it's a new one.

AgentOrange
01-12-2014, 04:16 PM
:doh: Oh goody, Simms is calling the game.

AgentOrange
01-12-2014, 04:17 PM
NFL rules state you have to wear the same helmet all season, so I don't think it's a new one.
They said something about it being worn now by concussed players.

BroncoWave
01-12-2014, 04:18 PM
They said something about it being worn now by concussed players.

Huh, I just remember hearing about how teams can't wear throwbacks anymore because they still have to wear the regular helmet because players are fitted for their helmet at the beginning of the year, and can only wear that one helmet. You could be right about special concussion helmets though.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1m

Wes Welker's helmet is bigger than he is. Thing looks like a tank on a neck.

.@broncobill9798 You're right. Some type of conspiracy. Somehow the wind is getting up and over the stadium walls. Defying all logic.

Slick
01-12-2014, 04:19 PM
No turnovers!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Maximo Vela ‏@LJmaximo 4m

Wes is Back!!...#HelmetOfTheFuture folks...get used to this...#DenVsSD pic.twitter.com/JYjHFdTEiw

Az Snake
01-12-2014, 04:21 PM
:doh: Oh goody, Simms is calling the game.

My TV volume is off and I'm streaming KOA-850.
Dave Logan and Eddie Mac are calling the game.
Avoid Simms and the rest of the east coast bias:
http://www.iheart.com/live/389/?autoplay=true

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 04:21 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 41s

.@Vandylaxn21 Good point. The swirling wind should make punt returns an adventure today. Don't even catch the damn things. Let em bounce.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 31s

RT @JoanNiesen: pic.twitter.com/iOJ92srxtP ---->> seriously, you can house a team of neurologists in that thing. safety first though. i like it

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 04:23 PM

They just released the balloons. Madness. One balloon is now in South Dakota.

wayninja
01-12-2014, 04:24 PM
My TV volume is off and I'm streaming KOA-850.
Dave Logan and Eddie Mac are calling the game.
Avoid Simms and the rest of the east coast bias:
http://www.iheart.com/live/389/?autoplay=true

I wish, that never works for me. There's a delay that makes this unworkable. I can't abide hearing what will happen before I see it.

sneakers
01-12-2014, 04:24 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRoNCOSSSSSSSSSS

pulse
01-12-2014, 04:26 PM
I want to see looks of shock on the Chargers sideline.

Az Snake
01-12-2014, 04:27 PM

http://www.mayanrocks.com/blog/philiprivers-worstdayever.gif

Wrong phyllis....Today will be your worst day...evah !!!

Runamok
01-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Weather check, please.

I'm looking at WeatherBug and it is saying wind, 20-25 mph with gusts near the foothills up to 75 mph.

Can this be right?

http://weather.weatherbug.com/CO/Denver-weather/local-forecast/detailed-forecast.html?zcode=Z6042

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
That wind worries me. Moreno is going to have to beast today.

AgentOrange
I want to see looks of shock on the Chargers sideline.
I want to see the Broncos make Phyllis cry

Angel
01-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Go Broncos!!

GEM
01-12-2014, 04:31 PM
And in rode the men in blue and orange. Ready to ride, ready to kill the lightning striking around them. The time has come...GAMETIME!! Lets ride!!

Jaws
01-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Almost time to go! :D

Runamok
01-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Yeah, from the flares, it looks like it's blowin like stink.

No negativity please, during the game.

FanInAZ
01-12-2014, 04:35 PM
Just order a pizza & wings from Papa John's. Time to start the game!

Tned
01-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Windy doesn't tell story. Tried to put horse head tunnel up and failed Fire going sideways during player intros.

Honor guard struggling to hold flags.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3m

Whoa. Wes Woodyard back in the starting line-up. They're going with 5 DB's.

Skinny
01-12-2014, 04:37 PM
Knock that goofy ass smile off of Rivers face.

NightTrainLayne
01-12-2014, 04:38 PM
Good luck Broncos! See you on the other side.

Davii
01-12-2014, 04:39 PM
I've got my father in law (huge Saints fan) in a Miller jersey right now, WOW.

IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!

Bronco4ever
01-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Deferring! Yes!

Denver Native (Carol)
:salute: GO BRONCOS :salute:

Az Snake

Go broncos !!!

wayninja
01-12-2014, 04:41 PM
Not a huge fan of deferring in the playoffs to a red hot team

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
01-12-2014, 04:41 PM
LETS GO BRONCOS! A 3 and out would be nice to start.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2m

Rod Smith leading stadium-wide cheers pregame. Pretty cool.

Nomad
01-12-2014, 04:44 PM
The little dump offs are gonna kill this defense. Wake up

silkamilkamonico
Telling you right now. Our offense might not see the ball more than 8 times this game.

Az Snake

Duke !!!

wayninja
01-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Smash Bitch!

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
MINCEY! Down you go Phyllis!

FanInAZ
:defense:

Jaws
01-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Yes. Phyllis flattened!

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
Are you kidding me? Bullshit!

wayninja
Well that sucks a dick

silkamilkamonico
****** defense.

Broncolingus
01-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Good job defense :tsk:

...and the Chargers offense stays in the field

Nomad
Damn small guys!!

Az Snake

Malik, c'mon man !
Way to go Nate !

chazoe60
What a load of horseshit.

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
01-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Phyllis goes down again! Phillips!

Az Snake

Shaune !!!

FanInAZ
:defense:

Jaws
And again he's down!!

Broncolingus
Nice sack Shawn...do that for 3 more games

Nomad
Way to grab cloth

FanInAZ
01-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Way to go :defense:

Bronco4ever
Defense looks good so far!

Denver Native (Carol)
:defense::defense::defense::defense::defense:

Except for one play, they played GREAT :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)

Unlike a month ago, Broncos OWN the trenches today. So far.

Nomad
Start off strong, Manning!!

Az Snake
01-12-2014, 04:50 PM

Denver D is PUMPED !!!

MOtorboat
01-12-2014, 04:50 PM
:defense::defense::defense::defense::defense:

Except for one play, they played GREAT :salute:

Not to quibble, but two... I didn't like Del Rio putting them in a soft Cover-3 on third and 3.

Broncolingus
01-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Defense needs to stay pumped for this and two more games...

Dzone
01-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Great start...great penetration...Oh ya, thjats the way to start and damn near got our first turnover...

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
01-12-2014, 04:52 PM
The sooner we get up the better. Need to nullify that clock eating rushing attack.

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
01-12-2014, 04:53 PM
JT! Important not to go 3 and out there.

sneakers
first down!

Nomad
J. Thomas...gotta love the guy!

Broncolingus
01-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Manning looks crisp so far...

Fullback32
01-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Pick 'em apart Peyton.

Nomad
01-12-2014, 04:55 PM
got velcro on those hands

sneakers
1st down!

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
Good looking drive so far.

wayninja
Peyton getting good protection

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
01-12-2014, 04:56 PM
Manning... don't give me a heart attack. Oh my god.

wayninja
dodged a huge bullet there

Broncolingus
...dodged a bullet there

....poor throw

Fullback32
Lucky, lucky, lucky.

MOtorboat
Jeebus, triple coverage, Peyton.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Good - SD's 2nd TO

wayninja
2 timeouts burned already!

Nomad
Damn....what a fast 1st quarter, only 4 mins left

Fullback32
01-12-2014, 04:58 PM
SD confused by Heidi....burns second time out in 1st quarter.

Dzone
A sign of choking..SD burning 2 time outs in the first 1/4

Tned
A sign of choking..burning 2 time outs in the first 1/4

Hopefully third soon

Denver Native (Carol)
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 41s

very fortunate turn of events for the broncos there. don't tell me the wind doesn't change things. took that ball like a kite.

Tned
01-12-2014, 04:59 PM

sneakers
01-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Montee Ball???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx6TBrfCW54

MOtorboat
This has been a nice drive, a little mix of everything, TOP to boot...

Broncolingus
Damn....what a fast 1st quarter, only 4 mins left

...gonna have to have State Farm start throwing some flags to slow this down...

...need to get get those commercials in...

wayninja
Guys look calm and fired up at the same time. I'm liking it.

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
01-12-2014, 05:01 PM
DT looking like he's gonna have one of those games today.

Nomad
01-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Endzone cornerthrow to JT

FanInAZ
TD!

Az Snake

Dt td !!!

Nomad
Or that!!:lol:

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
TD BRONCOS! DT! Awesome start boys!

Denver Native (Carol)
:salute: TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS :salute:

:salute: DEMARYIUS :salute:

sneakers
01-12-2014, 05:03 PM
touchdown broncos!

Fullback32
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!! Glad that was a TD because the ref wasn't going to call the interference if it hadn't been.

FanInAZ
3 for 3 in 1st drive TDs vs. Chargers this year.

Jaws
DT = TD!
Great drive :beer:

Bronco4ever
That should stand.

Davii
01-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Touchdown!!!! Way to go Broncos. D looked GREAT. If they can harass Phyllis like that all day this will be a BEAUTIFUL Sunday.

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
One of the most impressive drives this season IMO. Methodical, absolutely methodical.

SR
"Montee Ball came from, you know, college" -Phil Simms

Thanks for that Phil.

Dzone
Wow...Manning laser beam throw for a TD!!!!!...Dude is on a mission. No stopping him today. SD has no answer for our offense. Montee Ball running through enormous holes...

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 28s

DT, JT, ED, AC all catching passes on that drive.

Run game is important for EVERY team, including the most explosive passing team in NFL history. Great mix of run/pass on that drive.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2m

Broncos already have more rushing yards (19) than they did in their last game against the Chargers.

DenBronx
This Demaryius guy. Is he any good???

SR
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!! Glad that was a TD because the ref wasn't going to call the interference if it hadn't been.

There was no interference. It was inside of five yards.

AgentOrange
01-12-2014, 05:06 PM
7:01 TOP. Nice!

SR
This Demaryius guy. Is he any good???

No. He can't beat defenders on his own.

DenBronx
Eddy Lacy is home.

Monte Ball is one game away from the AFCCG.

Just food for thought.

Nomad
Put some Tony Chachere's on my popcorn...my mouth is on fire:flame::lol:

Dzone
01-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Defense good and rested for a 3 and out. Mincey gonna get another sack. That dude is fresh legs and he loves it here.

Denver Native (Carol)
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 35s

Broncos needed only two third-down conversions on that 14-play touchdown drive.

DenBronx
No. He can't beat defenders on his own.

I think I saw him beat at least three on that screen. Lol

SR
01-12-2014, 05:08 PM
I think I saw him beat at least three on that screen. Lol

I was referring to an older thread by Artie Dale

DenBronx
01-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 35s

Broncos needed only two third-down conversions on that 14-play touchdown drive.

If our defense can just get SDs offense off the field then this game can be a blowout.

DenBronx
01-12-2014, 05:09 PM
I don't know why but Shaun Phillips has looked better when Von Miller is out.

Az Snake
01-12-2014, 05:09 PM

Malik !!!

Fullback32
01-12-2014, 05:10 PM
There was no interference. It was inside of five yards.

So he's allowed to tackle our receiver before the ball gets there if it's within five yards? I'm not thinking so.

Broncolingus
Keep this fire for 11 more quarters defense!!!!

MOtorboat
I don't know why but Shaun Phillips has looked better when Von Miller is out.

Different scheme.

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
01-12-2014, 05:11 PM
Ramp up the noise Broncos fans. Phyllis looking flustered!

1uP
Lol love rivers tantrums

Broncolingus
Charge whores are NOT sharp today...

DenBronx
Lol 12th man. Seattles a joke.

Denver Native (Carol)
:salute: :defense::defense::defense::defense::defense: :salute:

SR
01-12-2014, 05:12 PM
So he's allowed to tackle our receiver before the ball gets there if it's within five yards? I'm not thinking so.

He didn't...

FanInAZ
Way to go :defense:

MOtorboat
Curbstomping time.

Nomad
Damn fine:defense:

Broncolingus
No Trin Done...

....interesting

AgentOrange
01-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Another seven minute drive please!

Dzone
I guess trindon holiday cant be trusted even tho he broke two for tds one year ago...fumblitis

Denver Native (Carol)

RT @UTKevinAcee: The question was not whether Mathews would go but how long. It seems we may have answer already.

DenBronx
No Trin Done...

....interesting

Not shocked at all. He has been a huge liability at times. He has all of the talent in the world but you just cant give up the ball, especially in a game like this.

Dzone
01-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Yes, another clock controllijng drive, giving our d all kinds of rest to keep shutting down sd and making rivers miser4able

sneakers

RT @UTKevinAcee: The question was not whether Mathews would go but how long. It seems we may have answer already.

Soooo....

Nomad
Offense needs to get 7!

DenBronx
Matthews is out already??? Wow, that's huge! He tore us up last time.

sneakers
Yes, another clock controllijng drive, giving our d all kinds of rest to keep shutting down sd and making rivers miser4able

Controllijng is my new favorite word

AgentOrange
01-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Hey Rivers shut your yap or Decker will give you something to remember.

DenBronx
Brandon Spano said this game would be a blowout and out of hand very early. I hope he is right.

Davii
Our defense looks great so far. Keep it up guys!

Denver Native (Carol)
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 54s

This Denver defense came to play.

Nomad
01-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Manning had some zip in that throw because it was tipped.

Broncolingus
01-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Good first quarter..

...11 more of those and win yourself a Super Bowl there Denver

DenBronx
01-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Manning had some zip in that throw because it was tipped.

Otherwise it would have been a lazer.

Zzzzzzzzing!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-12-2014, 05:17 PM

OK that's good RT @SBNationGIF: Rivers dot gif http://twitpic.com/ds2fkr

DenBronx
01-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Why dont these guys hit the open holes?

Broncolingus
01-12-2014, 05:18 PM
...rushing game not exactly looking crisp today so far...

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
01-12-2014, 05:20 PM
That's close. Looks like it's almost simultaneous.

FanInAZ
01-12-2014, 05:20 PM
I think there's just enough evidence to overturn it.

Broncolingus
01-12-2014, 05:21 PM
If it holds up...there's the patiented 'put the other team back in the game' play....

...Broncos :tsk:

Bronco4ever
That looks incomplete to me.

Nomad
Close call.

SR
I think there's just enough evidence to overturn it.

I don't think he ever had control of the ball. IMO that's an incomplete pass.

AgentOrange
I don't think that's a completion

MOtorboat
01-12-2014, 05:22 PM
I don't think there's enough evidence of anything to overturn the ruling on the field.

Fullback32
01-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Not sure that was even complete.

LawDog
01-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Incomplete

DenBronx
Incorrect call imo. I think that pass was incomplete.

Fullback32
Bullshit ref!

LawDog
Bull f'ing shit