PDA

View Full Version : Forecast: Windy.

mouthofsouth
01-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Who do you think the wind will hurt most: Peyton or Philip? I do not like wind. I would prefer snow I think.

Krugan
01-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Im sure the blather will claim Manning in the wind and blah blah blah.

Some truth as his spiral isnt as tight as others at times.

It wont matter at all, if Denver cant stop the run this time around.

Simple Jaded
01-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Gusts up 20 mph?

DenBronx
01-11-2014, 09:18 PM
Doesnt matter. Wind, rain, snow, Brady, one and done 8 times. No excuses this time.

We either win or this is all a failure.

aberdien
01-11-2014, 10:53 PM
Definitely hurts Peyton more than Phil, but Peyton owns him in every other category. Knowshon's gonna be ready to carry the rock when necessary.

Dapper Dan
01-11-2014, 10:58 PM
I remember a pretty windy game. Peyton came out kinda flat, then threw darts in the second half. I just can't remember who it was against

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-11-2014, 11:02 PM
I remember a pretty windy game. Peyton came out kinda flat, then threw darts in the second half. I just can't remember who it was against

It was the patriots game. I don't think it's gonna be nearly that windy.

sneakers
01-12-2014, 12:11 AM
the wind can eat my ass

zbeg
01-12-2014, 10:19 AM
I can't say I'm happy about this at all. I'm officially terrified. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a sinking feeling in my stomach.

It's probably just me being a pessimist, which I tend not to be, but ugh. I didn't want the Chargers, I don't like that matchup, and now there's freaking wind when we have a QB who throws a lot of ducks. Accurate ducks, but ducks all the same.

I want nothing more than you guys to shove it in my face this evening mocking me about how stupid and wrong I was to be worried.

ShaneFalco
01-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Super windy out, forecast was right

usarmy1016
01-12-2014, 02:14 PM
The wind might have a little affect, but i have been reading up on the practices this last week, and they were working on running the ball more.

Hawgdriver
01-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Gase and Manning said themselves that the wind is an issue. This wind is a big issue. When it's in the face, the ball is suspended in the air for a few more milliseconds. Enough time for a defender to get there. Windows are smaller, into the wind. Crosswind affects accuracy, if not timing. Downwind doesn't affect the window, maybe makes it bigger, but affects accuracy.

Manning is an accuracy and timing quarterback. Of course this affects him a lot.

However, they have known about the forecast for some time. It's no shocker that it can get windy in the winter months in Denver. In many ways, this will a great Manning test: did the "over-preparer" really do a good job preparing? Did Gase come in with the right plan?

We'll see.